Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: CFL Offseason 2018/19

vCash

Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    This has nothing to do with the Eskimos & everything to do with WTF are they thinking?!?!?!
    Horrible community relations move. Horrible player personnel move. Horrible for building a football ops staff. OMG.
    Because?

I say because ... as I’m assuming your leading to his past charge?

But let’s forget the personal side of it..( I don’t know the man I don’t know his situation then or now, my info on the situation etc so I won’t comment on that because quite frankly I don’t care, he’s left our club 6 years ago.. no interest in what he does these days.. )

But from a football prospective? Because?

Doesn’t he have like a track record of building teams from nothing?? Was he with the ottawa team the first time? Know he helped turn bc around from the twitter stuff I saw.. and built a winner in sask

Let’s be realistic as well that 2011 season was fantasic I.. we went from doormat to winner in 1 season.. winning in sask on opening dad and on labour day we turned that team around fast.. u gotta give credit there from the football side of things whatever u think of the man..
    doesn’t that make the man qualified ?

Maybe it doesn’t...
    Last edited by cmbuk; 01-03-2019 at 08:40 AM.

vCash

Early picture of Grabbyhands.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Because?

But let’s forget the personal side of it..( I don’t know the man I don’t know his situation then or now, my info on the situation etc so I won’t comment on that because quite frankly I don’t care, he’s left our club 6 years ago.. no interest in what he does these days.. )

Doesn’t he have like a track record of building teams from nothing?? Was he with the ottawa team the first time? Know he helped turn bc around from the twitter stuff I saw.. and built a winner in sask

Let’s be realistic as well that 2011 season was fantasic I.. we went from doormat to winner in 1 season.. winning in sask on opening dad and on labour day we turned that team around fast.. u gotta give credit there from the football side of things whatever u think of the man..

Maybe it doesn’t...
    I met the man and I'm here to say that i wouldn't want him as the face of my franchise. He MAY be able to build a team (although I have my doubts) but eventually he will leave and take all of his work with him. That mixed with trying to build a brand around a guy with his history is NOT a good way to start a franchise, at least in my opinion. Look at the backlash he brought here and our franchise is well established.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I met the man and I'm here to say that i wouldn't want him as the face of my franchise. He MAY be able to build a team (although I have my doubts) but eventually he will leave and take all of his work with him. That mixed with trying to build a brand around a guy with his history is NOT a good way to start a franchise, at least in my opinion. Look at the backlash he brought here and our franchise is well established.
    That’s fair enough.. everyone’s opinion is respected by me if you hate him u hate him.. I was just talking from a football side of things... he has to have had to have done something’s right to turn around teams...

Everyone has their own right on what they think of an individual. No question

vCash

Thatís fair enough.. everyoneís opinion is respected by me if you hate him u hate him.. I was just talking from a football side of things... he has to have had to have done somethingís right to turn around teams...

Everyone has their own right on what they think of an individual. No question
    My perspective on him (strictly from a football viewpoint) is I think he's better suited to sliding into an organization that needs a little tweaking versus one that is starting from scratch or one in dire straits.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Personal side on Tillman? (Patooie!!) After a few conversations with him around the office...he was creepy as f*ck. Wouldn't trust him with an original idea that I hadn't shared with at least three other people first so he wouldn't take credit for it after the fact.
    Football wise, he's shady as hell. Backloading contracts and bonuses only to release the player so they don't have to pay them. (Regular occurrence with him) Stacking the PR and IR and suspended lists with players. His eye for talent and need to prove naysayers/coaches/media/fans wrong mean he'll stick a team with a player that is subpar and get rid of marquee players in exchange. (cough...Ray...cough) He would rather be in front of a camera saying how great he is instead of being behind the scenes doing his actual job. Or hide in his office and slag people on internet forums because we have so much pull with the organization. He has a winning resume because of the teams he inherits...not the teams he builds. Having him build a team from scratch is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.
    And there was much rejoicing... yaayyy....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    My perspective on him (strictly from a football viewpoint) is I think he's better suited to sliding into an organization that needs a little tweaking versus one that is starting from scratch or one in dire straits.
    Ok..so in that case he’s totally the wrong man for the job... I didnt know much about him before he came here, but I thought he did a great job in 2011 personally.. I don’t think he was coming back from the ray trade... and as I said at the time it wasn’t the fact of the trade it’s what we got back..

I remember here being terrible during his tenure... I remember that..

I haven’t heard anything bad about him as a gm from his time in hamilton.. ??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Personal side on Tillman? (Patooie!!) After a few conversations with him around the office...he was creepy as f*ck. Wouldn't trust him with an original idea that I hadn't shared with at least three other people first so he wouldn't take credit for it after the fact.
    Football wise, he's shady as hell. Backloading contracts and bonuses only to release the player so they don't have to pay them. (Regular occurrence with him) Stacking the PR and IR and suspended lists with players. His eye for talent and need to prove naysayers/coaches/media/fans wrong mean he'll stick a team with a player that is subpar and get rid of marquee players in exchange. (cough...Ray...cough) He would rather be in front of a camera saying how great he is instead of being behind the scenes doing his actual job. Or hide in his office and slag people on internet forums because we have so much pull with the organization. He has a winning resume because of the teams he inherits...not the teams he builds. Having him build a team from scratch is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.
    Tell us how u really feel bro?? Lol

vCash

Ok..so in that case he’s totally the wrong man for the job... I didnt know much about him before he came here, but I thought he did a great job in 2011 personally.. I don’t think he was coming back from the ray trade... and as I said at the time it wasn’t the fact of the trade it’s what we got back..

I remember here being terrible during his tenure... I remember that..

I haven’t heard anything bad about him as a gm from his time in hamilton.. ??

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us how u really feel bro?? Lol
    He does have experience bringing in an expansion team so that is a positive for him. However, that team only lasted 4 seasons before folding again. Now that wasn't all his fault, but you'd think that would have to be viewed as a negative seeing he was the GM from it's beginning and through its first 3 years.
    Last edited by bone; 01-03-2019 at 11:21 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    He does have experience bringing in an expansion team so that is a positive for him. However, that team only lasted 4 seasons before folding again. Now that wasn't all his fault, but you'd think that would have to be viewed as a negative seeing he was the GM from it's beginning and through its first 3 years.
    I know everyone slams the man. But there is a reason he was cherry picked to lead up the schooners.. someone sings his praise... as I said from a football alone stand point, I never hated what he did here.. 2010 and 09 were dark times.. I remember after 2010 when we let in 50 points on labour day and 36 in the rematch and another 50 odd to Calgary that same season... I know I was desperate for us to win.. and we turned that boat around fast.. he was part of that..

- - - Updated - - -

I also see barker is the new gm in Hamilton.. so great segway

Who’s the better gm? Barker or tillman ?

vCash

I also see barker is the new gm in Hamilton.. so great segway

Who’s the better gm? Barker or tillman ?
    Well Barker managed to get Tillman to trade him Ricky Ray by calling him enough times until Tillman was annoyed and gave him Ray. Otherwise though, Barker record as a GM is pretty bad. Only 4 times has his teams been over .500, so Tillman's probably the better GM, but controversy seems to follow him and that's the last thing a new team needs.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Barker is shady as hell too but at least he doesn't give people the creeps when they talk to him... Just sayin.

vCash

Barker is shady as hell too but at least he doesn't give people the creeps when they talk to him... Just sayin.
    I’ve never met tillman... your portrayal of him is scary! Lol

vCash

I’ve never met tillman... your portrayal of him is scary! Lol
    and accurate

vCash

One thing is, Tillman loves a microphone in his face, so it will be great for the franchise to have somebody on EVERY radio station, TV show and podcast that will have him. He will definitely bring awareness to the team.

vCash

#access

...the most important thing, right?
    "Because this Eskimo experience is not made for just anyone" - KP

vCash

vCash

Because?

Maybe it doesn’t...
    There you go.

Cannot for the life of me figure out how he manages to keep pulling the wool over people’s eyes. What does he say to BODs & owners? I would think most football ops people know how he is by now.

vCash

and accurate
    Very accurate.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    There you go.

Cannot for the life of me figure out how he manages to keep pulling the wool over people’s eyes. What does he say to BODs & owners? I would think most football ops people know how he is by now.
    There's the inherent problem when you have a GM or BOD or both that are not football people... They know their little flow charts and procedure manuals and self help business books but have no idea what it's actually like on the field or in the dressing room. They look at it with spreadsheet goggles on and that allows guys like Tillman (Patoooie!!!) to keep getting a job.

I'll go so far as saying he's even more of a danger to a team because he THINKS he's the smartest guy in the room and will do anything to prove his point even if it means screwing over your staff and team and fans.

vCash

Good. Get him off TSN.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Whoa mama...

vCash

Sounds like somebody on the Lions football ops team needs to grow the hell up. How childish.

vCash

Sounds like somebody on the Lions football ops team needs to grow the hell up. How childish.
    Qft

vCash

Heres 3 downs story

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/03/l...ccount-report/

Unreal quote from eh... lol his guy totally ****ing up and lands portion of the blame at our feet... dick

Hunter is coming off as a childish idiot..

And @horrytunter parody account just followed me on Twitter ! Lol my god!

vCash

Heres 3 downs story

https://3downnation.com/2019/01/03/l...ccount-report/

Unreal quote from eh... lol his guy totally ****ing up and lands portion of the blame at our feet... dick

Hunter is coming off as a childish idiot..

And @horrytunter parody account just followed me on Twitter ! Lol my god!
    Ya that one surprised me as well but Ed is loyal and Hunter is one of his main guys.

vCash

I’m glad Hervey was cleared, but wow am I ever disappointed that Hunter decided to take this route. If you’re pissed at them, beat them on the field, not on the Internet.

vCash

Ya that one surprised me as well but Ed is loyal and Hunter is one of his main guys.
    Well unless we see the tweets and Their toxicity or who they are aimed at ( which we prob won’t ) then hunter kinda gets away with it..

It’s juat a childish move for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    I’m glad Hervey was cleared, but wow am I ever disappointed that Hunter decided to take this route. If you’re pissed at them, beat them on the field, not on the Internet.

Don’t u find it strange how hunter chose to troll the esks despite the eskimos not actually doing anything wrong... unless he’s being childish because the way the eskimos fired Ed...
    and chose to rebuttal on twitter once they we reunited in bc

I don’t think Ed was behind it.. but he knew... we know he knew... no way hunter keeps that info to himself.. someone knows!
    Well the eskimos figured it out pretty quick...
    I just wish we could see the tweets!

vCash

So as per the TSNarticle, Hunter was leaking inside information that he knew about the Esks (neg list info?, players we were interested in?, who knows) yet Hervey says we should have just given him a call and told him to stop? Bull****. Also, I agree that it is likely BS that hervey didnt know about what hunter was doing if they are as close as insiders here say. I have no respect for Hervey or Hunter anymore. This reeks of Tillman-ism with his loyal internet warriors spreading his word online. I hope they fail in BC.
    Last edited by esks123; 01-03-2019 at 05:04 PM.

vCash

Don’t u find it strange how hunter chose to troll the esks despite the eskimos not actually doing anything wrong... unless he’s being childish because the way the eskimos fired Ed...
    and chose to rebuttal on twitter once they we reunited in bc
    I think there are lots of people loyal to Hervey that would not agree with "the eskimos not actually doing anything wrong", and I have very little doubt that it was one of the underlying irritants behind what would have prompted Torey to take this tactic. Obviously, it's embarrassing in hindsight when you get caught... and I've always felt that if you can't put your name to it, than you shouldn't put it up there in a public forum --- This is perhaps ironic, as I post this message under a 'handle', but there are plenty of people here that know who I am and that I've been posting under this name for over 20 years on CFL forums.

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate reasons for people to be anti-Rhodes... but Hunter didn't likely do much more than what many on here do - direct harsh criticism, both founded and unfounded. That he a) did it under a disguise, b) did it while employed by a rival team, and c) perhaps used some inside information, is a bit of a difference maker. I think he looks silly for it, but I don't believe it should be a career killer.

There are absolutely two (or more) narratives to what went down with Hervey. I don't think there is any sizable debate as to who the fanbase would prefer we have between Rhodes and Hervey, but I also know that if one of my employees went around my back and straight to my company's Board of Directors in a power play, then they'd better know that they're taking an all or nothing risk... and one of the two of us isn't staying. I trust Ed likely knew the risks he was taking, but possibly didn't believe that it was possible that he wouldn't have the support... and it's also fully possible that he had reached a point where he didn't care - that it was going to either be him or Rhodes, but not him AND Rhodes.

I don't have all the story. I've got parts from both sides, and both can make a compelling narrative. Bottom line, I can can fully understand why people are angry on Ed's behalf... likely angrier than he, himself, is over things at this point in time.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I think there are lots of people loyal to Hervey that would not agree with "the eskimos not actually doing anything wrong", and I have very little doubt that it was one of the underlying irritants behind what would have prompted Torey to take this tactic. Obviously, it's embarrassing in hindsight when you get caught... and I've always felt that if you can't put your name to it, than you shouldn't put it up there in a public forum --- This is perhaps ironic, as I post this message under a 'handle', but there are plenty of people here that know who I am and that I've been posting under this name for over 20 years on CFL forums.

I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate reasons for people to be anti-Rhodes... but Hunter didn't likely do much more than what many on here do - direct harsh criticism, both founded and unfounded. That he a) did it under a disguise, b) did it while employed by a rival team, and c) perhaps used some inside information, is a bit of a difference maker. I think he looks silly for it, but I don't believe it should be a career killer.

There are absolutely two (or more) narratives to what went down with Hervey. I don't think there is any sizable debate as to who the fanbase would prefer we have between Rhodes and Hervey, but I also know that if one of my employees went around my back and straight to my company's Board of Directors in a power play, then they'd better know that they're taking an all or nothing risk... and one of the two of us isn't staying. I trust Ed likely knew the risks he was taking, but possibly didn't believe that it was possible that he wouldn't have the support... and it's also fully possible that he had reached a point where he didn't care - that it was going to either be him or Rhodes, but not him AND Rhodes.

I don't have all the story. I've got parts from both sides, and both can make a compelling narrative. Bottom line, I can can fully understand why people are angry on Ed's behalf... likely angrier than he, himself, is over things at this point in time.
    There will be another shoe to drop..... Just wait