Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1221

Thread: CFL Offseason 2018/19

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,494
    vCash
    1700
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    Application is already in. However being paid in bottles of Pinot Grand Fenwick is a non-starter. What do you show as the current exchange rate from Fenwickian pound to the loonie?
    For some odd reason, it isn't showing up in my system. Will figure out the exchange rate when I'm calculating the tax shelter benefits.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed Canadian defensive lineman Michael Klassen to a two-year contract extension, the club announced Friday. Klassen was set to become a free agent next week.

    Klassen is coming off his first season in Ottawa – following four years in Montreal and one in Calgary – and recorded career highs in defensive tackles, with 28, and sacks, with four, in 17 games.

    In 79 career CFL games, the six-foot-five, 285-pound Calgary native has 86 defensive tackles and 12 sacks.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,546
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    581

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    OTTAWA — The Ottawa REDBLACKS have signed Canadian defensive lineman Michael Klassen to a two-year contract extension, the club announced Friday. Klassen was set to become a free agent next week.

    Klassen is coming off his first season in Ottawa – following four years in Montreal and one in Calgary – and recorded career highs in defensive tackles, with 28, and sacks, with four, in 17 games.

    In 79 career CFL games, the six-foot-five, 285-pound Calgary native has 86 defensive tackles and 12 sacks.
    off topic but was watching the Ranch on netflix and he was wearing a RedBlacks shirt and mentioned he used to play for the Edmonton Seahawks and was recounting a memory from a game he played against Medicine Hat
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  4. #514
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,888
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    298

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19


    #PizStrong

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,546
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    581

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Here is the interview with Ed

    https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsn...t-mike-reilly/

    - - - Updated - - -


    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Solid hire.. pleased for shiv!

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,465
    vCash
    640
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    I'm showing my age here, , plus you likely know this but Kerry Locklin is the son of Billy Ray Locklin . One of the best pass rushers ever to play in the CFL.
    I didn't actually know that - but I have seen Billy Ray's cards from when he was with the Als and Ti-Cats. Very cool!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    off topic but was watching the Ranch on netflix and he was wearing a RedBlacks shirt and mentioned he used to play for the Edmonton Seahawks and was recounting a memory from a game he played against Medicine Hat
    Ironically there is an Edmonton Seahawks team, playing minor football here in town.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19





    Big re-signing on the West Coast
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Def a big get for bc..

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19





    ...and another big one.
    These two late signings would seem to indicate that the Lions have a strong sense of where their money is going in free agency.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    779
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    63

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post




    ...and another big one.
    These two late signings would seem to indicate that the Lions have a strong sense of where their money is going in free agency.
    Might be a sign of a plan by Hervey that I was starting to fear didn't exist. From a Lions fan's perspective this could indicate Reilly's status has been resolved in BC's favour and with that the other shoes are starting to drop. Could also mean they are no longer in the Reilly sweepstakes and are proceeding with Plan Bs with more cap space to work with than they would have with Reilly in the fold. One way or the other it appears to indicate they know where they sit moving forward.

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,517
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    Might be a sign of a plan by Hervey that I was starting to fear didn't exist. From a Lions fan's perspective this could indicate Reilly's status has been resolved in BC's favour and with that the other shoes are starting to drop. Could also mean they are no longer in the Reilly sweepstakes and are proceeding with Plan Bs with more cap space to work with than they would have with Reilly in the fold. One way or the other it appears to indicate they know where they sit moving forward.
    Nake no mistake, Ed always has a plan..or 13. BC is in good hands no matter who ends up as the QB.

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Nake no mistake, Ed always has a plan..or 13. BC is in good hands no matter who ends up as the QB.
    Same for us though.... brock has a plan..

  14. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    232
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    With Burnham resigning in BC for a reported 200,000.... I have a better feeling that at least Walker will return to the EE!!!

    One can hope....

  15. #525

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    With Burnham resigning in BC for a reported 200,000.... I have a better feeling that at least Walker will return to the EE!!!

    One can hope....
    Yeah I was thinking that too. Can’t see how they pay Walker with nearly a fifth of the cap tied up in Reilly and Burnham.

    There’s rumours that Chung wants to go home to BC and that Micah Johnson is following Claybrooks as well, there’s only so much money to go around.

    Although the optimist in me says this could be a sign that Herveys spending the money that he had set aside previously.
    Last edited by ben_the_eskimo; 02-11-2019 at 09:09 AM.

  16. #526
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,229
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    Might be a sign of a plan by Hervey that I was starting to fear didn't exist. From a Lions fan's perspective this could indicate Reilly's status has been resolved in BC's favour and with that the other shoes are starting to drop. Could also mean they are no longer in the Reilly sweepstakes and are proceeding with Plan Bs with more cap space to work with than they would have with Reilly in the fold. One way or the other it appears to indicate they know where they sit moving forward.


    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Yeah I was thinking that too. Cant see how they pay Walker with nearly a fifth of the cap tied up in Reilly and Burnham.

    Although the optimist in me says this could be a sign that Herveys spending the money that he had set aside previously.
    Wouldn't he still be in the hunt for a big name that would mean big dollars? If MR turned him down wouldn't it make sense to go after BLM who has a relationship with the new HC or Harris? Who exactly would be EH's plan B? Travis Lulay (or one of the other tier 3 QBs like Collaros or Bridge)? If so then he probably has some dollars to spend otherwise not so much. One thing I do believe about EH is that he is an aggressive GM and that if he lost out on MR that he would still go after one of the other two big fish that are left so I don't put much credence into what resigning Burnham at a big number might mean other than that he got Arceauneux's money moved over to him and we've seen the last of the Manny show out in BC.
    Last edited by adb; 02-11-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  17. #527
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Tiger Cats sign Simoni Lawrence to a two year extension.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  18. #528
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    With Burnham resigning in BC for a reported 200,000.... I have a better feeling that at least Walker will return to the EE!!!

    One can hope....
    Lions chewing up cap space like it’s sweets!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Tiger Cats sign Simoni Lawrence to a two year extension.

    I’d like to see a few re signs from us today before we hit free agency

  19. #529
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,812
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Lions chewing up cap space like its sweets!

    - - - Updated - - -




    Id like to see a few re signs from us today before we hit free agency
    Seems to me the Lions are trying to build themselves a good football team that might be about to win games. You like the Esks approach of letting your stars go and for the most part only signing fringe players?
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  20. #530
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,783
    vCash
    5580
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Seems to me the Lions are trying to build themselves a good football team that might be about to win games. You like the Esks approach of letting your stars go and for the most part only signing fringe players?
    CFL Salary Cap $5 200 000
    Solomon 225 000
    Reilly (apparently) 700 000
    Burnham (3 Down article) 200 000

    3 players at 22% of the cap is NOT how you build long term. As I said in another thread, this is a win now move and look at how that worked for the LA RAMS.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

    Vince Lombardi

  21. #531
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,546
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    581

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    CFL Salary Cap $5 200 000
    Solomon 225 000
    Reilly (apparently) 700 000
    Burnham (3 Down article) 200 000

    3 players at 22% of the cap is NOT how you build long term. As I said in another thread, this is a win now move and look at how that worked for the LA RAMS.
    you can guarantee that if Burnham got 200k, there is no way Walker is gonna take much less as it would be a slap in the face to him and his abilities. The only way I could see a receiver taking a severe discount to be with Reilly is if they still had NFL hopes and in my opinion that ship has sailed for Walker.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  22. #532
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Seems to me the Lions are trying to build themselves a good football team that might be about to win games. You like the Esks approach of letting your stars go and for the most part only signing fringe players?
    Bc gonna be stacked with fringe players to now.. you can’t have your reilly cake and eat it! We have been balancing the books for the past few seasons. At that was with reilly on 500-520k

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    CFL Salary Cap $5 200 000
    Solomon 225 000
    Reilly (apparently) 700 000
    Burnham (3 Down article) 200 000

    3 players at 22% of the cap is NOT how you build long term. As I said in another thread, this is a win now move and look at how that worked for the LA RAMS.

    Bc will face the same challenges we do if the land reilly.. if reilly makes 750 they are gonna be light in other areas...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    you can guarantee that if Burnham got 200k, there is no way Walker is gonna take much less as it would be a slap in the face to him and his abilities. The only way I could see a receiver taking a severe discount to be with Reilly is if they still had NFL hopes and in my opinion that ship has sailed for Walker.

    I’ve heard nothing on Walker...

    But I’ve heard some things. We’re gonna be alright..

  23. #533

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Wouldn't he still be in the hunt for a big name that would mean big dollars? If MR turned him down wouldn't it make sense to go after BLM who has a relationship with the new HC or Harris? Who exactly would be EH's plan B? Travis Lulay (or one of the other tier 3 QBs like Collaros or Bridge)? If so then he probably has some dollars to spend otherwise not so much. One thing I do believe about EH is that he is an aggressive GM and that if he lost out on MR that he would still go after one of the other two big fish that are left so I don't put much credence into what resigning Burnham at a big number might mean other than that he got Arceauneux's money moved over to him and we've seen the last of the Manny show out in BC.
    I'm starting to wonder if there ever was a plan B... Hervey wasn't shy about burning bridges with Jennings and to a lesser extent Lulay, I don't think he'd have done that if he wasn't super confident in his plan A.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Bc gonna be stacked with fringe players to now.. you can’t have your reilly cake and eat it! We have been balancing the books for the past few seasons. At that was with reilly on 500-520k

    - - - Updated - - -




    Bc will face the same challenges we do if the land reilly.. if reilly makes 750 they are gonna be light in other areas...

    - - - Updated - - -




    I’ve heard nothing on Walker...

    But I’ve heard some things. We’re gonna be alright..
    Yeah I can't see them being able to afford him with nearly a million bucks tied up in two players.

  24. #534
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post

    Yeah I can't see them being able to afford him with nearly a million bucks tied up in two players.
    So... is Mike the kind of guy to take 50k less from BC so that Ed could add that to a Derel Walker contract? I think he is. Reilly wants his payday, but we all know there are so many other factors.

    It's gonna be a crazy day tomorrow.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  25. #535
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,888
    vCash
    625
    Rep Power
    298

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    So... is Mike the kind of guy to take 50k less from BC so that Ed could add that to a Derel Walker contract? I think he is. Reilly wants his payday, but we all know there are so many other factors.

    It's gonna be a crazy day tomorrow.
    I wonder also about the term that Ed is willing to give him, given that the team's window to win is still small at this point. He's going to need at least this year, and another off season to put his stamp on things.

    3 years for MR?
    #PizStrong

  26. #536
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,236
    vCash
    6028
    Rep Power
    882

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I wonder also about the term that Ed is willing to give him, given that the team's window to win is still small at this point. He's going to need at least this year, and another off season to put his stamp on things.

    3 years for MR?
    That would make sense.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  27. #537
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,494
    vCash
    1700
    Rep Power
    353

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    I wonder also about the term that Ed is willing to give him, given that the team's window to win is still small at this point. He's going to need at least this year, and another off season to put his stamp on things.

    3 years for MR?
    Could give him however many years he wants. Non-guaranteed contracts are exactly that - a one-way street. That said, if Mike is choosing BC now, I can't see why he'd be going anywhere else in the future.

  28. #538
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Could give him however many years he wants. Non-guaranteed contracts are exactly that - a one-way street. That said, if Mike is choosing BC now, I can't see why he'd be going anywhere else in the future.
    This is prob his last contract.. 37 when that 3 year deal expires....

  29. #539

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    So... is Mike the kind of guy to take 50k less from BC so that Ed could add that to a Derel Walker contract? I think he is. Reilly wants his payday, but we all know there are so many other factors.

    It's gonna be a crazy day tomorrow.
    It's very possible for sure.

  30. #540
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,012
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    163

    Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    It's very possible for sure.
    Mike is gonna take less money to Goto bc so derel can sign there when they can both sign here??? Without either losing money

    I dunno...

    Even our own players hate us!

    Luckily for us.. there are 7 thousand fa this year!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •