Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,201 to 1,221 of 1221

Thread: CFL Offseason 2018/19

vCash

Re: CFL Offseason 2018/19

We see and know only a small corner of what goes on. Best not to read much into this.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    We see and know only a small corner of what goes on. Best not to read much into this.
    very true, I'm sure there is another side to this story
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Exactly - especially coming from ModdeGONGshow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Exactly - especially coming from ModdeGONGshow.
    I can totally see Hervey doing this. Great player, good GM but had attitude issues IMO. But considering the source of the article I have skepticism and the fact there's going to be more to the story.

What I do find amusing is the response of people willing to give a benefit of a doubt because its Hervey... if this was Jones, Sitterhands, Calgary we'd all be calling them out and not mentioning the other side f the story.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I can totally see Hervey doing this. Great player, good GM but had attitude issues IMO. But considering the source of the article I have skepticism and the fact there's going to be more to the story.

What I do find amusing is the response of people willing to give a benefit of a doubt because its Hervey... if this was Jones, Sitterhands, Calgary we'd all be calling them out and not mentioning the other side f the story.
    He’s more likely to snub Modde than snub ANY player. Just saying......and the fact that this was all Modde could find to write about during TRAINING CAMP says a lot as to why.

And, honestly, who wants a GM that isn’t at least a little bit arrogant? If he/she doesn’t fully believe in their abilities & what they’re doing, why should anyone else? That would be like having an unsure surgeon.

Brock is no less arrogant than Ed, Modde still wishes he had ET to text him scoop - that’s not me being a hater, that’s facts - so don’t tell me that only Ed gets the benefit of whatever double/triple/quadruple standard you think exists.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 05-29-2019 at 05:29 PM.

vCash

Ed clearly has some issues with attitude and the way he interacts with others. This isn't the only story suggesting this. He is not an eskimo any longer so i don't really care and hope the Lions lose just like the other western cfl teams.

vCash

Total hatchet job considering the lack of quality we have seen from GM this training camp but clearly Stafford wanted to make it known and rightfully so.

There is a part of me that respects Ed for the way he carries himself most of the time but this **** or what he said about Elimimiam certainly shows the otherside of Ed as well as providing some fuel to the fire that his attitude also played a role in him getting ****canned in 2017.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    He’s more likely to snub Modde than snub ANY player. Just saying......and the fact that this was all Modde could find to write about during TRAINING CAMP says a lot as to why.

And, honestly, who wants a GM that isn’t at least a little bit arrogant? If he/she doesn’t fully believe in their abilities & what they’re doing, why should anyone else? That would be like having an unsure surgeon.

Brock is no less arrogant than Ed, Modde still wishes he had ET to text him scoop - that’s not me being a hater, that’s facts - so don’t tell me that only Ed gets the benefit of whatever double/triple/quadruple standard you think exists.
    I agree.. Modde is a hack.. but I think its fair to point out that to some people Hervey is a saint and can not do no wrong.

for the record I like Hervey as both player and GM and still wish he was here.
    Last edited by Esks4ever; 05-29-2019 at 08:38 PM.

vCash

They appear to be having some fun at BC Lions Training Camp
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

My fave was MR doing Total Eclipse of the Heart!
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by esks123 View Post
    Ed clearly has some issues with attitude and the way he interacts with others. This isn't the only story suggesting this. He is not an eskimo any longer so i don't really care and hope the Lions lose just like the other western cfl teams.
    This ^

vCash

We all know eds hate on for media... I don't care.. They prob deserve half of it...

But to turn your back on former players? In front of others to.. He wasnt speaking to a reporter this is Stafford a guy he
    Signed and help win us a cup...

Why would he ignore Stafford...

Classless move from ed...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    We all know eds hate on for media... I don't care.. They prob deserve half of it...

But to turn your back on former players? In front of others to.. He wasnt speaking to a reporter this is Stafford a guy he

Why indeed? The question implies there is a reason. I don't know what it is, and maybe Stafford doesn't know what it is either. What seems clear is that Moddejonge went ahead with publishing the story without getting to the bottom of what the reason was, or demonstrating an attempt to research it. Something like, "request to Harvey for comment went unanswered" would have at least shown some interest in getting to the more complete picture. As it is, this reporting is tantamount to the nosy neighbour looking out their window and giving their take on things without putting in the work to understand why something happened.

Ed trusts who he trusts. I have personally found him brusque and guarded for the most part. I recognize that where he's come from and what he's come through have contributed to who he is and his world view. Would I prefer people be as nice and warm as Kavis Reed or Danny Maciocia when it comes to dealing with the public - sure... it's the style I like... but look at how people come at them too.

I'm trying not to judge what happened without knowing what happened.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Why indeed? The question implies there is a reason. I don't know what it is, and maybe Stafford doesn't know what it is either. What seems clear is that Moddejonge went ahead with publishing the story without getting to the bottom of what the reason was, or demonstrating an attempt to research it. Something like, "request to Harvey for comment went unanswered" would have at least shown some interest in getting to the more complete picture. As it is, this reporting is tantamount to the nosy neighbour looking out their window and giving their take on things without putting in the work to understand why something happened.

Ed trusts who he trusts. I have personally found him brusque and guarded for the most part. I recognize that where he's come from and what he's come through have contributed to who he is and his world view. Would I prefer people be as nice and warm as Kavis Reed or Danny Maciocia when it comes to dealing with the public - sure... it's the style I like... but look at how people come at them too.

I'm trying not to judge what happened without knowing what happened.
    Yea I get issues with the media.. they will get u fired as fast as say high..
    I’m assuming this blanking by ed to Stafford happened within the reporters field of vision..

I mean he’s quotin kenny... it’s not like he’s embelishing the truth..

No idea.. I don’t care... but I know from dealing path former coaches. Ad teams.. u shake there hand and say hi.. regardless of personal issues because only YOU end up looking like the dick in the grand scheme..

Who knows!

vCash

anyone find it stupid we play our second preseason game on Friday while other teams are JUST playing their first? Not to forget we don't play again for 2 weeks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    anyone find it stupid we play our second preseason game on Friday while other teams are JUST playing their first? Not to forget we don't play again for 2 weeks.
    Should be healthier then most with that break.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post

Yes, exactly, why would he ignore Kenny?

Typically I try to have all the information at hand before using adjectives such as “classless”....with Modde you can be certain that you don’t have ALL the info.....so we can agree to disagree as we usually do.

For someone who claims repeatedly to only care about the Eskimos & “who cares about BC?”, you sure weigh in a lot on BC-related stuff. Just saying

vCash

Yes, exactly, why would he ignore Kenny?

Typically I try to have all the information at hand before using adjectives such as “classless”....with Modde you can be certain that you don’t have ALL the info.....so we can agree to disagree as we usually do.

For someone who claims repeatedly to only care about the Eskimos & “who cares about BC?”, you sure weigh in a lot on BC-related stuff. Just saying
    lol

It’s eskimo related.. AND in the general cfl thread!
    2 for 1

All is good!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    My fave was MR doing Total Eclipse of the Heart!
    No way, Mike was SO out of tune! The Don’t Stop Believing rendition won!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

They appear to be having some fun at BC Lions Training Camp
    From what I've seen of Claybrooks after seeing a 4th session today is that he may have a unique way of running things loosely, with levity, yet disciplined. He came up into the stands after today's session had broken up. When the Lionbacker I was sitting with asked him about Ricky Lloyd and why he wasn't participating he said he was going through concussion protocol after suffering one in last week's game. He talked about how a player's career on average lasts 2.2 years and is but a snapshot in an 80 year lifespan. To him it's crucial to make sure players can exit their career and enjoy the next 55 years of life. Then a minute later he was talking to another group which included the lady who has led the Lionbackers Fan Club for many years. They asked about the hat thing. He explained that he has a size 8 melon and back in the day hats were never made bigger than 7-7/8 so he had to make them fit somehow. When one of that group said Newfies he knew wore their hat that way and called it the lock position he said he was going to use that and maybe would declare himself to be an honourary Goofy Newfie.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    From what I've seen of Claybrooks after seeing a 4th session today is that he may have a unique way of running things loosely, with levity, yet disciplined. He came up into the stands after today's session had broken up. When the Lionbacker I was sitting with asked him about Ricky Lloyd and why he wasn't participating he said he was going through concussion protocol after suffering one in last week's game. He talked about how a player's career on average lasts 2.2 years and is but a snapshot in an 80 year lifespan. To him it's crucial to make sure players can exit their career and enjoy the next 55 years of life. Then a minute later he was talking to another group which included the lady who has led the Lionbackers Fan Club for many years. They asked about the hat thing. He explained that he has a size 8 melon and back in the day hats were never made bigger than 7-7/8 so he had to make them fit somehow. When one of that group said Newfies he knew wore their hat that way and called it the lock position he said he was going to use that and maybe would declare himself to be an honourary Goofy Newfie.
    I think BC got the head coach they needed. He will be good for the football and the football fan alike. Thanks for sharing the story.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie