Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rhodes not to seek another term

vCash

Re: Rhodes not to seek another term

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    I'll apply again but if I get it I hope the admins here can delete my posts!!!
    You might want to take out the part of the proposal about the cheerleaders and the latex
    In Rod we trust

vCash

That was his main plank.

vCash

Thought of another former name for President.

Former 5 time Grey Cup champ, career Edmonton Eskimo OL, Eric Upton.

He is currently at the U of A. and has invested a ton of time into the community and understands the Eskimo Way and the importance around it.
    Last edited by Section N; 02-12-2019 at 02:09 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Thought of another former name for President.

Former 5 time Grey Cup champ, career Edmonton Eskimo OL, Eric Upton.

He is currently at the U of A. and has invested a ton of time into the community and understands the Eskimo Way and the community around it.
    yes!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

What about Tom Richards? Similar back ground to Fleming no?

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Tom is on the board now. Remains to be seen. As one of the only football experienced board members in the past 20+ years or so, I wonder how much input he had in the Rhodent being shown the door?
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    You might want to take out the part of the proposal about the cheerleaders and the latex
    Oh that idea will be brought up at the first staff meeting...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Former Edmonton Eskimos President & CEO Len Rhodes has been appointed as the UCP candidate in Edmonton-Meadows. #yeg #cbc https://t.co/3BDUELPe6u

If anyone needs any more reasons not to vote UCP.

vCash

They certainly "deserve" each other.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Hopefully Rhodes can work his same magic with the UCP that he did with the EEFC. Kenney & Rhodes. Two in the same. Useless hacks.

vCash

Man does this piss me off. I was happy to see him gone, and was even accepting of the fact the BOD allowed him a graceful exit, but seeing now that all the publicity he did over the last couple weeks was a publicity stunt makes me despise him even more. If the BOD knew this was his intention, I'm pissed that they allowed him to turn his last actions as President into a campaign opportunity for this egomaniac.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Man does this piss me off. I was happy to see him gone, and was even accepting of the fact the BOD allowed him a graceful exit, but seeing now that all the publicity he did over the last couple weeks was a publicity stunt makes me despise him even more. If the BOD knew this was his intention, I'm pissed that they allowed him to turn his last actions as President into a campaign opportunity for this egomaniac.
    Yah, he made sure he went out right after being front and centre for some donations the Esks were making. Now I see UofA saying "Thank you Len Rhodes and thank you Eskimos". I don't know that he deserves any personal credit here, as it isn't his money or initiative.
    I recall a few years ago Hervey was the one at the U of A announcing the minor football funding. He talked about the importance of minor football to the Esks organization. Rhodes was quick to swoop in to steal the good publicity.

vCash

I’m no UCP supporter, but why would a party as non-diverse as them replace a representative candidate in the SE of Edmonton with an old, not as diverse candidate? .....especially one who had built what looks like solid support over the course of campaigning for over a year....
    Last edited by Smartie123; 02-22-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spelling typos

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    I’m no UCP supporter, but why would a party as non-diverse as them replace a representative candidate in the SE of Edmonton with an old, not as diverse candidate? .....especially one who had built what looks like solud support over the course of campaigning for over a year....
    Because it sparkles
    Kenney sees somebody with a lot of media attention through all the good deeds the Eskimos organization does and latches onto him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    Yah, he made sure he went out right after being front and centre for some donations the Esks were making. Now I see UofA saying "Thank you Len Rhodes and thank you Eskimos". I don't know that he deserves any personal credit here, as it isn't his money or initiative.
    I recall a few years ago Hervey was the one at the U of A announcing the minor football funding. He talked about the importance of minor football to the Esks organization. Rhodes was quick to swoop in to steal the good publicity.
    In fairness he was a key part of implementing some of the changes that have improved that program. So I don't begrudge him credit for the few things he did well, I just hate the things he ruined, and am pissed that he used his last few days on the job to promote this stuff under the guise of Rhodes and the Eskimos organization as opposed to just the Eskimo organization, with the intent to improve his position for a personal benefit with a potential election.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Don’t even!
    No to Orridge? How about Patrick LaForge then. (ducks)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    In fairness he was a key part of implementing some of the changes that have improved that program. So I don't begrudge him credit for the few things he did well, I just hate the things he ruined, and am pissed that he used his last few days on the job to promote this stuff under the guise of Rhodes and the Eskimos organization as opposed to just the Eskimo organization, with the intent to improve his position for a personal benefit with a potential election.
    The Hervey announcement simply moved some of the 50/50 money from the 2 junior teams to include a broader range of minor football in northern Alberta. Of course the U of A tweets how happy they are to have gained some funds from this. But Rhodes had nothing to do with it except taking the photo credits.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    Former Edmonton Eskimos President & CEO Len Rhodes has been appointed as the UCP candidate in Edmonton-Meadows.

Appointed. Kenney bitchslaps grassroots democracy.

Oh man I would loved to see who Diesel would vote for if he lived in Edmonton-Meadows.

vCash

He's been bitchslapping democracy just to gain power in his own party. Between running a suicide candidate and ballot stuffing using VPNs, he couldn't even win the leadership of his own party without cheating.

vCash

vCash

As for Rhodes' replacement, here's Gerry Moddejonge's thoughts: https://edmontonsun.com/sports/footb...monton-eskimos

My thoughts: Are you effing kidding me? Dumbest idea ever.

vCash

This is a joke, right? Right?

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GREYx14 View Post
    As for Rhodes' replacement, here's Gerry Moddejonge's thoughts: https://edmontonsun.com/sports/footb...monton-eskimos

My thoughts: Are you effing kidding me? Dumbest idea ever.
    I love it!!
    We're just a dancing bear away from being a circus anyway might as well bring in a clown
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

My awesome gif isn't working...so I'll settle for this.

NO
    Last edited by OK14; 03-15-2019 at 08:42 AM.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Omg, just when things were starting to look up after the Reilly departure.

That would just be... terrible

vCash
    Blog Entries

Well at least Len is making friends at his new position...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I would also be a no. He makes a weak argument in his article in terms of Reed's potential to fill the business side of the role a lot of it is based on his high level of intelligence and education not on actual business experience unless you want to include the experience and networking he has garnered while holding coaching and GM positions which frankly is a bit of a stretch IMO.

He does have football experience which is helpful so he understands the game but the one element of the Presidents position where football experience would be an asset would be his ability to hire the right guy to run football operations and the ability to put the kibosh on incredibly stupid moves such as trading Ricky Ray for a bag full of beans. For me a huge red flag when it comes to Kavis is his hiring of Mark Sherman as his coach in Montreal. There is no way he should of settled on a guy with no CFL experience to be the head coach. I know he tried to convince Claybrooks to take the job which would have been a good move but the fact that he couldn't also raises a concern in that Devon probably didn't think that Kavis had control of the ship the way a Hervey does in BC. The acquisition of Manziel would also reinforce this argument that KR is a bit of a yes man rather than a guy that sticks to his convictions. That was a bad football trade that should never have happened. Guys like Tom Richards and Sean Fleming would be much better candidates IMO and much less divisive. Hopefully they get interviewed and would be interested in taking the position.

Really I think it was just a slow news day and Gerry doesn't have anything else to write about. Would have rather read something in regards to how he thinks the offense and defense might develop as a result of having a very different DC and starting QB style wise in place but this is what we got instead.
    Last edited by adb; 03-15-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

No.. No...No... Like Kavis the person but not anything in management.

vCash

This is absurd. I've just unfollowed Moddejonge on twitter because he's an embarrassment.

edit - my apologies... I was going to unfollow Moddejonge. Looks like I already did some time ago. I guess I gave up on him as a legit reporter last season.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 03-15-2019 at 10:20 AM.

vCash

Kavis Reed...you want to see this organization run right into the ground...hire him.

What a dumb, stupid, idiotic idea!