Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ryan Rishaug: Mike Reilly Signs With BC Lions, 4 Year Deal

vCash

Re: Ryan Rishaug: Mike Reilly Signs With BC Lions, 4 Year Deal

I am going to guess that when Reilly has a presser wearing his new Lions hat and his new #13 Lions jersey, he is going to list off organization stability, his relationship with Hervey and believing in the vision of Hervey to build a winner as his main reasons for signing in BC with being closer to his parents, grand parents and whoever else as being a real nice perk but farther down on that list.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am going to guess that when Reilly has a presser wearing his new Lions hat and his new #13 Lions jersey, he is going to list off organization stability, his relationship with Hervey and believing in the vision of Hervey to build a winner as his main reasons for signing in BC with being closer to his parents, grand parents and whoever else as being a real nice perk but farther down on that list.
    I bet Mike says it's the fresh salmon and halibut. It would do it for me.

vCash

guess we'll see. Are you going to start cheering for the Lions now? Wouldn't it be more fun to be optimistic about your team?
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    guess we'll see. Are you going to start cheering for the Lions now? Wouldn't it be more fun to be optimistic about your team?
    The Esks just lost their franchise player and arguably the best player in the league. It wasn't because they couldn't afford him, the Esks are one of the richest teams in the league. It had everything to do with who's in charge and him not wanting to be apart of that. Sorry if I am not all sunshine and rainbows right now. That's concerning to me and doesn't give me a lot of optimism right now.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

The Esks just lost their franchise player and arguably the best player in the league. It wasn't because they couldn't afford him, the Esks are one of the richest teams in the league. It had everything to do with who's in charge and him not wanting to be apart of that. Sorry if I am not all sunshine and rainbows right now. That's concerning to me and doesn't give me a lot of optimism right now.
    Its ok for you to feel the way you feel as I'm not sure how its all gonna play out at this point either. The difference is that I'm willing to see how the off season shapes up before vilifying them. If things in 2019 go the way you think they are, I'll probably be in the same boat as you but until then I'm going to stick to my timeline.

vCash

Www.bclions.com

Have at it fella!

- - - Updated - - -

Its ok for you to feel the way you feel as I'm not sure how its all gonna play out at this point either. The difference is that I'm willing to see how the off season shapes up before vilifying them. If things in 2019 go the way you think they are, I'll probably be in the same boat as you but until then I'm going to stick to my timeline.

We’re a LONG WAYS from dead!

vCash

It sucks he's gone.... but if its truly for family reasons I cant fault him one bit. He gave his all game in and game out. Thanks for the memories Mike

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

I knew it was coming but doesn't change that I am pissed. Call me "negative" but this is an epic fail on the organization. This to me is like the Ricky Ray trade all over again. You have a franchise player, arguably the best in the league. He's EVERYTHING an organization would want in your leader and now he's gone and it is 100% on the organization. For those that are using "he just wanted to be closer to home" BS angle to try to justify the Esks screwing this up to make themselves feel better, that's not true. All you had to do is listen to Gregor yesterday who's BUDDIES with Reilly talk about it in his show. Gregor said the main reason Reilly is not an Esks is because of the organization. He went to play with HERVEY because he trusts him and believes in him because he wants to WIN and he doesn't believe in what the Esks have in charge here. I don't blame him.
    Rhodent's legacy will forever be as the guy who ushered Ricky Ray and Mike Reilly out of this franchise
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Rhodent's legacy will forever be as the guy who ushered Ricky Ray and Mike Reilly out of this franchise
    AND had many old rapper concerts....give him his due
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Was that Len on RR as well? I thought it was RL who caught the **** for that?
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Was that Len on RR as well? I thought it was RL who caught the **** for that?
    Len signed off on that one.

vCash

One of the Rhoden't first acts was signing off on that disaster
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Absolutely correct!!!

As per Rishaug from Reilly: Thanks the Esks then.." The opportunity to rejoin Ed and return to Vancouver to be a part of what he is building here was too good to pass up at this point in my career".

ZERO about family. All about his relationship with Hervey and Hervey's vision for the team.

Thank you Mr. Rhodes!!! And apparently I am too "Negative" when it comes to Brock and not fully believing in his vision of the team. The best player in the league doesn't buy it, why the hell should I?

vCash

Absolutely correct!!!

As per Rishaug from Reilly: Thanks the Esks then.." The opportunity to rejoin Ed and return to Vancouver to be a part of what he is building here was too good to pass up at this point in my career".

ZERO about family. All about his relationship with Hervey and Hervey's vision for the team.

Thank you Mr. Rhodes!!! And apparently I am too "Negative" when it comes to Brock and not fully believing in his vision of the team. The best player in the league doesn't buy it, why the hell should I?
    you be you Q, no one can tell you how to feel about your team.

vCash

Truth hurts but it's still the truth
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Absolutely correct!!!

You make good points.. but why must you always play the victim ?

vCash

you be you Q, no one can tell you how to feel about your team.
    You bet I will continue to speak the truth.

vCash

You bet I will continue to speak the truth.

vCash

Absolutely correct!!!

We'll never know for sure but I really think Mike would have renewed here if Rhodes would have been let go right after the grey cup game last fall instead of just now. By the time that was announced Mike had already made the deal with BC. Clearly Mike could not see any positives going forward with Rhodes in charge whereas Hervey publicly stated during grey cup week that winning in professional sports is what it is all about. This falls on the BOG as well by not having the smarts to know Rhodes was not the man who should be running a professional sports team.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eskie54 View Post
    We'll never know for sure but I really think Mike would have renewed here if Rhodes would have been let go right after the grey cup game last fall instead of just now. By the time that was announced Mike had already made the deal with BC. Clearly Mike could not see any positives going forward with Rhodes in charge whereas Hervey publicly stated during grey cup week that winning in professional sports is what it is all about. This falls on the BOG as well by not having the smarts to know Rhodes was not the man who should be running a professional sports team.
    Exactly this. Rhodes should have been gone years ago...he gets fired instead of Swerve and this is a moo point.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Exactly this. Rhodes should have been gone years ago...he gets fired instead of Swerve and this is a moo point.
    agree with this, when given the option between Hervey and Rhodes the board made the WRONG choice, they need to own this departure as well.

vCash

Absolutely correct!!!

You only hear what you want.

Mike's direct quote from his presser with Farhan Lalji is, "Anyone that knows me, knows that it's family first".

Did Ed's vision factor in? Absolutely - 100%.

He also spoke of his respect for Jason (and friendship) and for Brock.

When I say that this was about family situation, that's not to diminish Ed's role or the confidence he has from people to build a winner - but that usually takes time to come together any time you're assembling a new coaching staff and changing out half the roster. I say family was the top element in deciding between two options he had to win - I say that because Mike's said that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    You only hear what you want.

Mike's direct quote from his presser with Farhan Lalji is, "Anyone that knows me, knows that it's family first".

Did Ed's vision factor in? Absolutely - 100%.

He also spoke of his respect for Jason (and friendship) and for Brock.

When I say that this was about family situation, that's not to diminish Ed's role or the confidence he has from people to build a winner - but that usually takes time to come together any time you're assembling a new coaching staff and changing out half the roster. I say family was the top element in deciding between two options he had to win - I say that because Mike's said that.
    don't bother, he's disappeared now that the Eskies didn't implode like he has been predicting for the last month

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Haven’t claimed that in quite some time.

This board has always been a good read no matter who you support. Lately people aren’t so cool if you have a different opinion, but it’s all good.
    I don't see any evidence that the folks on here are more intolerant of different opinions than in the past, and fans of other teams that come on here and act like fans, and not trolls, are always welcomed to the discussion. Cheer for whoever you like, but be honest about it so we all know where you're coming from. Even Chill does that.
    GO ESKS GO!

vCash

This afternoon I was getting the car out of the garage here in snowy Ottawa, about 3:30pm, off to get the kids from School.
    CBC radio was lamenting the loss of the Redblack players, including Trevor Harris, who were off to Edmonton.
    My heart sank. I knew Reilly was gone. In the schoolyard I told one of my football buddies, another dad, that Reilly was gone and probably to BC.
    This was confirmed as soon as I checked this site tonight.

What the Hell can I say that hasn't already been said on this site.

We won the Cup in 2015, and were looking at another dynasty. So close, we could see it. Somehow despite all the signed contracts, our Winning Coach (and most of his cast of assistant coaches) was purchased by a Divisional rival. We got another coach. People were mad at that Winning Coach for leaving, but most everyone said it would be ok. That next year, 2016, the Esks finished a disappointing fourth in the Division. We got the cross-over spot in the playoffs, but were badly beaten in the Eastern Final. Then prior to the next season our Winning GM was sacked … because … wait for it … winning wasn't everything (what’s his name now, oh ya that fool Lombardi, had said the opposite). We got a new GM, and most people said it would be ok. 2017 the Esks – team largely built by the fired GM - finished second in the West, and were as hot as lava going into the Western Final. Our Coach - sorry folks my opinion formed at that very moment never to be changed (please don't flame me all over again) bumbled away the Western Final and, ergo, the Grey Cup. 2018 the team now formed more by our new GM, finishes last in the Division and out of the playoffs. Special Teams Coach and Defensive Coach sacrificed to appease the angry mob. Yesterday the suit who was our CEO and President suddenly resigns. Next day, we hear that Mike Reilly has signed with BC. I think the Prez, despite all his shortcomings, was at least smart enough to leave Dodge City before the lynch mob showed up.

So 2015 we win the Cup, and were staring at another dynasty. ALL GONE. The GM, The Coach, The best player in the league. ALL GONE.

Today we lost Mike Reilly. He was the best. Win or lose. Guts and heart of the team. We let him get away. I’ll never forget him. All the hits he took the first couple years. Then GC win, league MVP. We let him go.

2019 – absolutely a rebuilding year.

I’m myself running out of years. How long do I need to endure the absolute self destructive stupidity of this EE organization. How many years was Danny Maciocia left to ruin things? Who the hell hired ET? 2014, 2015 finally on the right track and … poof … all – ALL - pissed away. After the 2015 GC win, Warren Moon said, regarding Edmonton, “ …things getting back to normal …”. NOW ALL GONE.

Damn it. We used to be winners. Decades of being winners, and leaders. All pissed away.

If the new Prez is another business suit, or someone who doesn’t know how the hell to put a winning team on the field, I don’t think I’ll be able to wait it out. Too flaming painful.

Our 2019 season …?

Well … as I’ve said before:

Last edited by Moon1; 02-12-2019 at 08:37 PM.