Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

vCash

Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

Could certainly see us starting 2 Canadians in the receiving core now with Parker + Smith. Both of those guys are playmakers as well, and not just roleplayers like a Coehoorn, Adjei, Cory Watson, etc. is. When we started 2 Canadians last year, our explosiveness took a major hit. Don't think we'll have that problem this year.

Love everything that I hear from Trevor Harris. Pleasantly surprised.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Could certainly see us starting 2 Canadians in the receiving core now with Parker + Smith. Both of those guys are playmakers as well, and not just roleplayers like a Coehoorn, Adjei, Cory Watson, etc. is. When we started 2 Canadians last year, our explosiveness took a major hit. Don't think we'll have that problem this year.

Trevor is the real deal!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post

Yep you could start parker/smith and have adjei to back them up and play ST. Collins/Daniels and Ellingson with an american back up. Unless someone comes out of the blocks at training camp to beat 90
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    what was the name of that awful kicker we traded for? he had like one field goal attempt and it got blocked that's all I remember of him.
    Brady McKnight?

vCash

Well, between the signings and Rhodes being GONE (yes!!!), this year isn't looking too bad. We'll see, but at least there's reason for cautions optimism...

vCash

Yep you could start parker/smith and have adjei to back them up and play ST. Collins/Daniels and Ellingson with an american back up. Unless someone comes out of the blocks at training camp to beat 90
    I’m still not convinced that Bryant Mitchell is a sure thing to make the NFL. I can see him back here perhaps by Labour Day & lets not forget about the 2 Kennys—Shaw & Stafford....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Brady McKnight?
    Boom that's it! Thank you was on the tip of my tongue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I’m still not convinced that Bryant Mitchell is a sure thing to make the NFL. I can see him back here perhaps by Labour Day & lets not forget about the 2 Kennys—Shaw & Stafford....
    I think he will and Arizona's receiving group is not great so definately a spot for him there
    In Rod we trust

vCash

what was the name of that awful kicker we traded for? he had like one field goal attempt and it got blocked that's all I remember of him.
    There were so many. A "bakers dozen." One I remember, except his name, we traded a 1st rd draft choice for to Montreal iirc. Kicked sideways or something like that. Was from Montana or Idaho or .... Meanwhile one province to the west was a left footed kicker that just needed a chance.

writfiler nailed it. Thanks

vCash

never forget the donk that kicked barefoot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    There have been a few of them. NCAA ball had some. One kicker that was unusual was Tom Dempsey. Played a decade in the NFL and was born with no toes on his right foot which was his kicking foot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    There have been a few of them. NCAA ball had some. One kicker that was unusual was Tom Dempsey. Played a decade in the NFL and was born with no toes on his right foot which was his kicking foot.
    Dempsey is most known for being the first kicker to hit an FG of more than 56 yards... it went 63 yards! The record held until about five years ago. Back in 1970 the NFL FG posts were on the goal line, so he actually kicked it from his own 37 yard line.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    Jon Baker....

vCash

If the Eskimos choose to hire Sean Fleming as President, this will basically be a perfect off-season. I would totally trust him to evaluate fairly everybody in this organization from top to bottom.

vCash

Can anyone remember another esks qb that wore #7? I'm picking my brain to remember one
    Bruce Lemerman
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

https://s3.amazonaws.com/the-jason-g.../MaasFeb14.mp3

Interesting comments by Jason Maas, who mentioned twice unprovoked, "After Mike left, we wanted to find guys who WANTED to be in Edmonton."

vCash
    Blog Entries

Heard the Harris interview today. Really appreciated what he had to say...some of the usual cliches, for sure, but he seems like a very honest, likeable, down-to-earth guy. Click here for the Press Conference...

"[I and the new guys] are all excited to be a part of the Edmonton culture. We're not REDBLACKS anymore; we're Edmonton Eskimos and we're elated to be here..."
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash
    Blog Entries

Just heard that we've signed former Stampeder Anthony Parker.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Just heard that we've signed former Stampeder Anthony Parker.
    Is there any official link to this?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Is there any official link to this?

vCash

Hope he's still got some game in him. Thanks for the link!

vCash

Can anyone remember another esks qb that wore #7? I'm picking my brain to remember one
    Dan Crowley wore #7 but Bruce Lemmerman (as suggested by someone earlier) did not. He wore #10.

vCash
    Blog Entries

My son Parker is excited for a player with the last name Parker on the team!
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    My son Parker is excited for a player with the last name Parker on the team!
    Get me that new jersey Dad!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Pretty much what he said actually. He was really impressed with JC when he met him a couple years ago. Always looked for him on the field, got his little Lego figure, got him a personalized photo and he wanted to get his jersey but that kind of went South... (aahhhh...see what I did there?) He was named after Jackie Parker so if he does get that name on his back it'll be the right number! Lol.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I like this signing replaces Behar who signed with Ottawa never was a fan of Behar

vCash
    Blog Entries

I don't think anyone was a fan of Behar after his little hold out garbage...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I like this signing replaces Behar who signed with Ottawa never was a fan of Behar
    Didn't he also do a little returning in BC as well? Might be an option there.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

From a football sense, his best football days are ahead of him while Parker's are behind him. And if Parker's focus level increasingly shifts to his real estate biz post football than his day to day focus on the game, he'll be out of work for a 3rd time
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    From a football sense, his best football days are ahead of him while Parker's are behind him. And if Parker's focus level increasingly shifts to his real estate biz post football than his day to day focus on the game, he'll be out of work for a 3rd time
    So one guy is focused on real-estate, and another guy is focused on snubbing the Esks and getting out as quickly as possible.

At least Parker can be a mentor for Smith and McMaster.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie