Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 493

Thread: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

  1. #421
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    406
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

    I like it, simple and to the point.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Capital Region
    Posts
    3,461
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Personally I like the Lolley/Dean connection and am extremely curious to see how the revamped D performs.
    Last edited by GREYx14; 02-15-2019 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,721
    vCash
    755
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    With Rhodes gone and the moves made this off-season, there's a good chance I join back in the club of being a season ticket buyer.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,350
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Instead of decreasing my season tickets by two I've only reduced the count by one. Added one back today.

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,330
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    With Rhodes gone and the moves made this off-season, there's a good chance I join back in the club of being a season ticket buyer.
    I couldn't bear to get rid of them, and was frustrated with myself because I couldn't cut them off, but I feel much better about sticking with it after this week.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    529
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

    Still wrapping my head around the fact that it's no longer going to be Reilly passing to Walker or Duke, but Harris passing to Ellingson wearing Esks' uniforms.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,721
    vCash
    755
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I couldn't bear to get rid of them, and was frustrated with myself because I couldn't cut them off, but I feel much better about sticking with it after this week.
    I wish I had kept up with it because we used to have 24 of us in group going to games.

    But I'm back now. Didn't want Rhodes here anymore and now that he is gone, the season tickets come back!

  8. #428
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Still wrapping my head around the fact that it's no longer going to be Reilly passing to Walker or Duke, but Harris passing to Ellingson wearing Esks' uniforms.
    With SirVincent blocking for him.

    BTW, how do you end up with a name like SirVincent? Did he get knighted?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    943
    vCash
    786
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    I'm over it. Mike moved on, so have I.
    _________________
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,027
    vCash
    500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    I'm over it. Mike moved on, so have I.
    Yep.

    If it was something like the Tillman trade, which was out of Ricky's control, that's one thing.

    Mike chose this for himself.

    We'll see who's right come November.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Yep.

    If it was something like the Tillman trade, which was out of Ricky's control, that's one thing.

    Mike chose this for himself.

    We'll see who's right come November.
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,395
    vCash
    1500
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I couldn't bear to get rid of them, and was frustrated with myself because I couldn't cut them off, but I feel much better about sticking with it after this week.
    I still have my fathers seats he has had for 40 plus seasons, it was the only thing we did as father and son. I may not attend every game but I couldn't bare to release the seats

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Still wrapping my head around the fact that it's no longer going to be Reilly passing to Walker or Duke, but Harris passing to Ellingson wearing Esks' uniforms.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the use of one Empire.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    I'm not entirely sure myself...
    Posts
    6,027
    vCash
    500
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Yes, very thankful for Mike's actions in that regard.

    But what's done is done. At the end of the day, Mike is the one who chose to move on. None of Brock, Len, or Ed decided that for him.

    Excited for this new era and to see what happens.

    Go Esks!
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

  14. #434

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Yep, his strategy paid off big time. I can't remember the last time a team added five (should be six but Santos-Knox got snubbed) CFL all-stars and a franchise QB in one day, completely changed the outlook of this team!

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    With SirVincent blocking for him.

    BTW, how do you end up with a name like SirVincent? Did he get knighted?
    could be wore could be glen....that's not much of a name only 4 letters
    In Rod we trust

  16. #436
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,079
    vCash
    1000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Gotta give credit to Brock for not chasing fools gold in BLM. Did Toronto and Sask actually think they had a realistic shot of signing Bo? All the teams that were looking for a QB should have realized that they didn't have a shot at either BLM or MR and been in on Harris and Brock was the only one to jump on him immediately
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  17. #437
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    14,983
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    could be wore could be glen....that's not much of a name only 4 letters
    https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/read...low-1825120947
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  18. #438
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    194
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Hope we are have the ability to resign one of our WR if they shake lose from the NFL come September. I would love to get either Williams or Mitchell back for second half of the season. I like our REC group, but outside Ellingston a bit thin compared to years past.

    My gut tells me, Mitchell going to stick with Arizona and Williams may shake lose. If he returns to CFL he will want big money and many teams interested...

    Who know....maybe Zylsra becomes available. Dare to dream!!!

  19. #439
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Hope we are have the ability to resign one of our WR if they shake lose from the NFL come September. I would love to get either Williams or Mitchell back for second half of the season. I like our REC group, but outside Ellingston a bit thin compared to years past.

    My gut tells me, Mitchell going to stick with Arizona and Williams may shake lose. If he returns to CFL he will want big money and many teams interested...

    Who know....maybe Zylsra becomes available. Dare to dream!!!
    I honestly think we have a better shot at getting Mitchel back than we do William's. That being said, you forgot about DaVaris Daniels, Tevaun Smith and Kenny shaw. This is also an area where we have some unknown names that could possibly be the next one...... fingers crossed anyways
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  20. #440
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,357
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    I have yet to hear/read as to exactly when it was that MR told Brock that he WASN’T coming back. The day before or several days before?

  21. #441
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,170
    vCash
    27620
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Gotta give credit to Brock for not chasing fools gold in BLM. Did Toronto and Sask actually think they had a realistic shot of signing Bo? All the teams that were looking for a QB should have realized that they didn't have a shot at either BLM or MR and been in on Harris and Brock was the only one to jump on him immediately
    Two other teams were in on Harris - presuming that they were Sask and Tor, but unconfirmed. Brock was laser focused, and relationships and Trevor's knowing his style/philosophy made it a no brainer.

    Story broke today in Ottawa paper that Harris negotiations in Ottawa broke down, not over total salary, but how much was structured in signing bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I have yet to hear/read as to exactly when it was that MR told Brock that he WASN’T coming back. The day before or several days before?
    Brock has said publicly that he was informed on the weekend by Vertlieb that Mike was going to free agency. Started focusing fully on other cap scenario planning.

  22. #442
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I have yet to hear/read as to exactly when it was that MR told Brock that he WASN’T coming back. The day before or several days before?
    We knew on the Saturday

  23. #443

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Two other teams were in on Harris - presuming that they were Sask and Tor, but unconfirmed. Brock was laser focused, and relationships and Trevor's knowing his style/philosophy made it a no brainer.

    Story broke today in Ottawa paper that Harris negotiations in Ottawa broke down, not over total salary, but how much was structured in signing bonus.
    I've said all along that I was remaining neutral on Brock until he had had sufficient time to prove himself, the work he did on Tuesday went a LONG way to pushing the dial in the right direction for me. Still lots to be done yet but I have a lot more faith that my initial instincts on Brocks potential as a GM were right, than I did a few weeks ago.

  24. #444
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    3,147
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Hope we are have the ability to resign one of our WR if they shake lose from the NFL come September. I would love to get either Williams or Mitchell back for second half of the season. I like our REC group, but outside Ellingston a bit thin compared to years past.

    My gut tells me, Mitchell going to stick with Arizona and Williams may shake lose. If he returns to CFL he will want big money and many teams interested...

    Who know....maybe Zylsra becomes available. Dare to dream!!!
    Zylstra and Mirchell are the only ones who may shake loose in the NFL. I think Duke will stick and never look back.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

  25. #445
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    BREAKING: We have signed ���� LB DJ Calhoun
    In Rod we trust

  26. #446
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    11,422
    vCash
    1322
    Rep Power
    563

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    BREAKING: We have signed ���� LB DJ Calhoun
    I think he was an AAF Arizona cut. We seem to be signing a lot of linebackers.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  27. #447
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I think he was an AAF Arizona cut. We seem to be signing a lot of linebackers.
    yip makes sense to me though
    In Rod we trust

  28. #448
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    6,956
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    316

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    BREAKING: We have signed ���� LB DJ Calhoun
    Looks to be a violent tackler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ELJA-GcuY

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I think he was an AAF Arizona cut. We seem to be signing a lot of linebackers.
    filling in special teams?
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

  29. #449
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,775
    vCash
    1000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    1 word... athlete

    https://youtu.be/N1a5vFulnpk

  30. #450
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,321
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    128

    Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Looks to be a violent tackler.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ELJA-GcuY

    - - - Updated - - -



    filling in special teams?
    I saw a clip where he returned an onside kickoff for a td so definately some talent there
    In Rod we trust

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •