Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

vCash

Re: Eskimos 2019 Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

I like it, simple and to the point.

vCash

Personally I like the Lolley/Dean connection and am extremely curious to see how the revamped D performs.
    Last edited by GREYx14; 02-15-2019 at 11:28 AM.

vCash

With Rhodes gone and the moves made this off-season, there's a good chance I join back in the club of being a season ticket buyer.

vCash

Instead of decreasing my season tickets by two I've only reduced the count by one. Added one back today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    With Rhodes gone and the moves made this off-season, there's a good chance I join back in the club of being a season ticket buyer.
    I couldn't bear to get rid of them, and was frustrated with myself because I couldn't cut them off, but I feel much better about sticking with it after this week.

vCash

Still wrapping my head around the fact that it's no longer going to be Reilly passing to Walker or Duke, but Harris passing to Ellingson wearing Esks' uniforms.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I couldn't bear to get rid of them, and was frustrated with myself because I couldn't cut them off, but I feel much better about sticking with it after this week.
    I wish I had kept up with it because we used to have 24 of us in group going to games.

But I'm back now. Didn't want Rhodes here anymore and now that he is gone, the season tickets come back!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Still wrapping my head around the fact that it's no longer going to be Reilly passing to Walker or Duke, but Harris passing to Ellingson wearing Esks' uniforms.
    With SirVincent blocking for him.

BTW, how do you end up with a name like SirVincent? Did he get knighted?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I'm over it. Mike moved on, so have I.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    I'm over it. Mike moved on, so have I.
    Yep.

If it was something like the Tillman trade, which was out of Ricky's control, that's one thing.

Mike chose this for himself.

We'll see who's right come November.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Yep.

If it was something like the Tillman trade, which was out of Ricky's control, that's one thing.

Mike chose this for himself.

We'll see who's right come November.
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I still have my fathers seats he has had for 40 plus seasons, it was the only thing we did as father and son. I may not attend every game but I couldn't bare to release the seats

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around the use of one Empire.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The move Brock pulled in letting Ed talk to Reilly early paid off big time and in turn Reilly having enough class to let us know early led to us being able to jump on Free agency when teams like Sask, Calgary and Toronto were waiting on Bo Levi's decision.
    Yes, very thankful for Mike's actions in that regard.

But what's done is done. At the end of the day, Mike is the one who chose to move on. None of Brock, Len, or Ed decided that for him.

Excited for this new era and to see what happens.

Go Esks!
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

Yep, his strategy paid off big time. I can't remember the last time a team added five (should be six but Santos-Knox got snubbed) CFL all-stars and a franchise QB in one day, completely changed the outlook of this team!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    With SirVincent blocking for him.

BTW, how do you end up with a name like SirVincent? Did he get knighted?
    could be wore could be glen....that's not much of a name only 4 letters
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Gotta give credit to Brock for not chasing fools gold in BLM. Did Toronto and Sask actually think they had a realistic shot of signing Bo? All the teams that were looking for a QB should have realized that they didn't have a shot at either BLM or MR and been in on Harris and Brock was the only one to jump on him immediately
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    could be wore could be glen....that's not much of a name only 4 letters
    https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/read...low-1825120947
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Hope we are have the ability to resign one of our WR if they shake lose from the NFL come September. I would love to get either Williams or Mitchell back for second half of the season. I like our REC group, but outside Ellingston a bit thin compared to years past.

My gut tells me, Mitchell going to stick with Arizona and Williams may shake lose. If he returns to CFL he will want big money and many teams interested...

Who know....maybe Zylsra becomes available. Dare to dream!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Hope we are have the ability to resign one of our WR if they shake lose from the NFL come September. I would love to get either Williams or Mitchell back for second half of the season. I like our REC group, but outside Ellingston a bit thin compared to years past.

My gut tells me, Mitchell going to stick with Arizona and Williams may shake lose. If he returns to CFL he will want big money and many teams interested...

I honestly think we have a better shot at getting Mitchel back than we do William's. That being said, you forgot about DaVaris Daniels, Tevaun Smith and Kenny shaw. This is also an area where we have some unknown names that could possibly be the next one...... fingers crossed anyways

vCash

I have yet to hear/read as to exactly when it was that MR told Brock that he WASN’T coming back. The day before or several days before?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Gotta give credit to Brock for not chasing fools gold in BLM. Did Toronto and Sask actually think they had a realistic shot of signing Bo? All the teams that were looking for a QB should have realized that they didn't have a shot at either BLM or MR and been in on Harris and Brock was the only one to jump on him immediately
    Two other teams were in on Harris - presuming that they were Sask and Tor, but unconfirmed. Brock was laser focused, and relationships and Trevor's knowing his style/philosophy made it a no brainer.

Story broke today in Ottawa paper that Harris negotiations in Ottawa broke down, not over total salary, but how much was structured in signing bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I have yet to hear/read as to exactly when it was that MR told Brock that he WASN’T coming back. The day before or several days before?
    Brock has said publicly that he was informed on the weekend by Vertlieb that Mike was going to free agency. Started focusing fully on other cap scenario planning.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    We knew on the Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Two other teams were in on Harris - presuming that they were Sask and Tor, but unconfirmed. Brock was laser focused, and relationships and Trevor's knowing his style/philosophy made it a no brainer.

Story broke today in Ottawa paper that Harris negotiations in Ottawa broke down, not over total salary, but how much was structured in signing bonus.
    I've said all along that I was remaining neutral on Brock until he had had sufficient time to prove himself, the work he did on Tuesday went a LONG way to pushing the dial in the right direction for me. Still lots to be done yet but I have a lot more faith that my initial instincts on Brocks potential as a GM were right, than I did a few weeks ago.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post

Zylstra and Mirchell are the only ones who may shake loose in the NFL. I think Duke will stick and never look back.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

BREAKING: We have signed ���� LB DJ Calhoun
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I think he was an AAF Arizona cut. We seem to be signing a lot of linebackers.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

yip makes sense to me though
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Looks to be a violent tackler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ELJA-GcuY

- - - Updated - - -

filling in special teams?

vCash

1 word... athlete

https://youtu.be/N1a5vFulnpk

vCash

Looks to be a violent tackler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_ELJA-GcuY

- - - Updated - - -

filling in special teams?
    I saw a clip where he returned an onside kickoff for a td so definately some talent there
    In Rod we trust