Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, who becomes backup to Harris?

vCash

Re: So, who becomes backup to Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Out of those 4 I've seen the most impressive performances out of Pipkin
    Game action, I would agree. And presumably, that makes him more expensive to acquire.

IIRC, Shiltz was the guy that was in front for the starting job in camp last year prior to getting hurt. Pipken was beat out and brought back I think, while obviously, Manziel hadn't arrived yet.

Will be interesting to see hoe Mtl's QB philosophy plays out.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GungaDin View Post
    Maybe it will be someone from the Esks neg. list. Modejongge's article from December discussed Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg (with the AAF), Utah State’s Jordan Love and Arizona State’s Manny Wilkins from that list, although they'd be more likely in the #3 spot.
    Hackenburg is garbage ....well he is with memphis... horrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Game action, I would agree. And presumably, that makes him more expensive to acquire.

IIRC, Shiltz was the guy that was in front for the starting job in camp last year prior to getting hurt. Pipken was beat out and brought back I think, while obviously, Manziel hadn't arrived yet.

I think we could get pipkin

His film backs up his ability imho

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post

Pfft it's Kavis just distract him by jingling keys or something
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Pfft it's Kavis just distract him by jingling keys or something
    Just use Kavis-speak to sell him on a low draft pick.

"This fourth round draft selection has the potential to advance the dream of an outstanding young man who will have all kinds of phenomenal talent and make an invaluable contribution to the community vision of finding our bike..."
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    As GWN added also Schiltz. Obviously 1 for sure will come loose if they can talk the 5th into a PR spot. Could be 2 of them come available. Question is when? Kavis could be waiting for the QB carousel to stop spinning to try swinging a deal. I don't think a team wanting to bring in one of them as a possible #2 will want to wait until after training camp is over if they can help it. I'd think they'd want to have them at the start of camp.
    I would take Vernon Adams or Bridge. Both had their confidence Shattered by throwing them into the deep end before they were ready. Hackenburg no way I watched the game last night and he is garbage.

I would say Pipkin but he looks like a starter and I think he will beat out Manziel in TC.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I would say Pipkin but he looks like a starter and I think he will beat out Manziel in TC.
    Well, that's simple! Trade for Manziel!

"Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

This answers my question on another post I just asked about Zack thanks for the update as I did not see him on the depth chart. To bad I liked him and would have liked to see more of him.

vCash
    Blog Entries

I would NEVER bring in Manziel especially I heard last year he was due to make 295,000 this year

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I would NEVER bring in Manziel especially I heard last year he was due to make 295,000 this year
    As a starting cfl Qb... it’s quite low.....

I doubt he’s getting any increase based on last years performances...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Just guessing here but based on the signings in FA the esks probably can't afford to spend more than $100K (maybe less) at the backup QB spot which is why I believe they will be going with O'Brien. Probably can't afford a KG or BB who both I suspect would be wanting more.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

They're using the same cap number that was in place last season though so it's safe to say there's going to be some extra room as soon as the CBA is done and the new cap numbers are released. Same with all the other teams out there. The difference being - I'd bet - is some teams might have overspent counting on the increase and not knowing what it might actually be...
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Just use Kavis-speak to sell him on a low draft pick.

"This fourth round draft selection has the potential to advance the dream of an outstanding young man who will have all kinds of phenomenal talent and make an invaluable contribution to the community vision of finding our bike..."
    make the trade or there will be...consequences...
    In Rod we trust

vCash

whatcha gonna do about it? steal my bike?????
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash
    Blog Entries