Thread: AAF Missed Payroll in Week 1

vCash

Flame AAF Missed Payroll in Week 1

According to an article on 3DownNation, the AAF missed payroll in week 1 and required a very large cash infusion from a new investor to be able to make that payroll later in the week. If your league is in financial trouble after one week, that doesn't bode well for long term viability.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/19/i...cash-infusion/

Those $70K american contracts won't look so good to potential players if the teams can't afford to actually pay them.

Oops, posted to the wrong forum. Can a mod please move to CFL forum? Thanks
    Last edited by TeqEEla; 02-19-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: messed up
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Re: AAF Missed Payroll in Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    According to an article on 3DownNation, the AAF missed payroll in week 1 and required a very large cash infusion from a new investor to be able to make that payroll later in the week. If your league is in financial trouble after one week, that doesn't bode well for long term viability.

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/19/i...cash-infusion/

Those $70K american contracts won't look so good to potential players if the teams can't afford to actually pay them.

Oops, posted to the wrong forum. Can a mod please move to CFL forum? Thanks
    Considering they are supposed to be a showcase to the NFL this is surprising. The old, "money talks, bullsh!t walks."

vCash
    Blog Entries

And the XFL is naming their Texas team the "Y'alls"... Not exactly instilling fear in me that they're going to be putting the CFL out of business quite yet.
    Just a quick shout out to Mr."Winning isn't everything" for pis*ing away not one but TWO HoF QB's. F*ck you Len and good riddance.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    And the XFL is naming their Texas team the "Y'alls"... Not exactly instilling fear in me that they're going to be putting the CFL out of business quite yet.
    The Texas Roughriders would have been funny.

vCash
    Blog Entries

This might be an unpopular position to take and politically incorrect but I gotta say any bad news for this upstart league makes me happy. While the CFL is doing well it may not be able to survive serious challenges from rival leagues and any bad news for the AFL and XFL is good news for the CFL AFAIC although I do feel for those players who took the leap of faith and are depending on those paychecks.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    All this news is great news for our CFL.

I guess there's being able to pay these guys, and then there's being able to pay while being sustainable, and then being profitable and worth their time no matter the NFL showcase.

In this day and age of hype and short attention spans..i guess I should be confident this should fail in a couple years