Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

vCash

Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    The only Wide Receiver Jake Smith I could find is a red shirt Freshman At U of T Longhorns. Sorry for no info all
    Not much on him, but it's this guy
    https://www.cortlandreddragons.com/r...spx?rp_id=9311

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    Cool, I see this as a good move. I always thought it was shut down because of the screen and the mechanics involved with it.
    I really think they should take the tarps off some of the endzone seats. I suspect a lot of people will want to grab some beer and sit in whatever open seat is closest. Used to do that all the time way back when.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    But how much of that animosity do you allow? I remember that TC last year was especially chippy, and we wound up with an undisciplined penalty-fest to start the season.
    Every training camp is chippy, I can't remember one where there hasn't been fights breaking out.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

vCash

I have to shake my head at folks blaming coaches for a fight and implying they condone it.

Today, Colin Kelley went through the equivalent of a bag skate. Working the medicine ball, the heavy bag and the sled, over and over and over... and having other competitors taking every one of his reps. Anyone who figures they have their mind made up and thinks that Maas isn't serious about dealing with discipline better re-think it.

Similarly, the Colquhoun health critics are already seeing the sky falling after a single missed workout. Total knee-jerk reaction without any idea of the severity, the cause, etc. The hope is, all the work that he put in over the off-season will make the injuries that would linger, now just be minor things that he can overcome. Training camp is a grind - guys get nicked up.

vCash

Similarly, the Colquhoun health critics are already seeing the sky falling after a single missed workout. Total knee-jerk reaction without any idea of the severity, the cause, etc

its not a knee jerk reaction. Now course taking Matheson's word as actually good... he hinted on twitter that any little scratch or nick and he'll shelve himself... aka not play thru anything.. combined with the amount he missed last season , imo, doesn't scream "knee jerk" reaction.

vCash

Interesting to see some guys moving around as injuries and maintenance - as well as performance - have started to force some changes.

SirV getting a day off, and Kelly enduring a time-out, saw Travis Bond playing a lot of RT, Draheim with the 1's at LT, and Peterson and Saxelid getting more reps. O'Brien and Kilgore continued to split the reps with the 2's. Glass and Onyeka playing atop the depth chart at CB - Onyeka was apparently deemed to have paid his price for the prior day's scrap - from my view he was 3rd man in to come to defence of Boateng (wouldn't have escalated) and likely caused the dust-up, but didn't throw punches.

Beaulieu also out today, but working hard on the side. Robert Preistner held out too.

Darian Jackson continues to impress me.

Bond's versatility wasn't something I've previously seen - heightened his value today imo. Saw a little more of Spooner behind Ruby today with Bond's transitory move.

Mark Mackie's motor still doesn't stop - pure hustle.

Kenny Stafford having a great camp. Deep balls, swing passes, intermediate - running well and making plays.

Shai Ross starting to be more noticeable day by day. Anthony Parker is not looking particularly fast and may be pushed by the younger NI receivers. May depend on whether we commit to two receiving spots being nationals.

Tyler Batson with his best day so far imo.

Jamar King has gone from a big of a disturber, to a guy that was going through and shaking hands and high-fiving with every OL before and after padded one-on-one drills. Work IS being done on the culture.

A guy that I had forgotten about due to missing last season (Achilles injury at mini-camp last year) is James Tuck. Big boost to special teams if he is fully recovered and an exciting re-addition.

Larry Dean is going to be fun to watch this year - really good day for him today.

2nd padded practice done now. Short practice tomorrow, then some body maintenance work for the guys, walk-through on Saturday and then game Sunday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    its not a knee jerk reaction. Now course taking Matheson's word as actually good... he hinted on twitter that any little scratch or nick and he'll shelve himself... aka not play thru anything.. combined with the amount he missed last season , imo, doesn't scream "knee jerk" reaction.
    I think it is. I define knee-jerk as a quickly arrived at judgement that doesn't consider, or have, all of the facts.

It's relying on a person - and one that doesn't regularly cover the team - and what they're "hinting" on social media. It's taking a current injury, knowing nothing about the circumstance, severity or cause, and we get a chorus of here we go again.

There is information out there, including from his HC, that Arden was very dedicated about his training, changing his approach to better prepare and working hard to be more durable. I hesitated to even mention that he seemed to be favouring anything from yesterday, knowing the predictable reaction.