Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

vCash

Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I tore my bicep playing flag football, so i'm not sure it was the padded practices in this case.
    you must have grabbed the hell out of that flag
    In Rod we trust

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    depends on the tear I suppose
    Yeah I dunno I'm just speculating, trying desperately to find the silver lining lol. Like I said though the wording of the press release does leave some room for hope.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    you must have grabbed the hell out of that flag
    It was actually full contact (no equipment) up to 1 yard past the line of scrimmage and since I wasn't at my high school WR playing weight I was an offensive lineman. Got my hands under a guys arm pits and he pounded up on my elbows, all I heard was pop, pop, pop and my muscle was in a different location.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Is Olafioye still available?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mattdunigan View Post
    Is Olafioye still available?
    Retired.

I'm sure that they'll be looking at bringing in another guy or two to have a look, but they have two import tackles that have started in the CFL, another that they've invested a season into developing, an import guard that looks capable of sliding out to Tackle, an NI guard that played most of a season there, and a high draft pick with an NCAA pedigree that is a natural tackle. I don't think you 'replace' SirV, a top-3 Tackle in the league, but they have planned for contingencies. I fully expect them to have better, more prepared guys in house than are available off the street at this stage.

It's a blow. Watching SirV in one-on-one drills gave me a new appreciation of his ability and why he is where he is with his craft. My hope is that he'll stay around the team and work with the guys to help them continue to improve and refine.

vCash

Yeah, this really sucks.

Just once I would likely to see the team get through TC without one possible season ending injury.
    " To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all life's problems"

-Homer Simpson

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I'd love to see a team-by-team list of training camp injuries over the past few years. It seems like we get hammered like no other team, year after year. But that might just be the fact that I'm paying more attention to the Esks.
    Itís hard to judge. As you say, one tends to pay more attention to their own team. Another consideration is that when itís not your team, who you think of as important/significant doesnít necessarily match who they think of as import/significant because you donít know the finer details of the roster &/or that player as well as you know your own.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Don't look to hard, he's already been released

Looking forward to the Jake Smith tribute video.
    Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here... nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'...
    -Jayne Cobb Firefly

vCash

Isn’t a torn triceps a 6-9 month healing process?
    This is just frickin awful bad luck....

vCash

Could you bring in Gott on the inside and shift someone out if Draheim isn’t the answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Could you bring in Gott on the inside and shift someone out if Draheim isnít the answer?

vCash

I believe that Gott is a center & still on the RB roster?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
    Could you bring in Gott on the inside and shift someone out if Draheim isn’t the answer?

- - - Updated - - -

Our line changed when Draheim came back from injury last year, biggest issue will be depth behind him, lets hope one of these guys takes a step forward this year.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Retired.

I'm sure that they'll be looking at bringing in another guy or two to have a look, but they have two import tackles that have started in the CFL, another that they've invested a season into developing, an import guard that looks capable of sliding out to Tackle, an NI guard that played most of a season there, and a high draft pick with an NCAA pedigree that is a natural tackle. I don't think you 'replace' SirV, a top-3 Tackle in the league, but they have planned for contingencies. I fully expect them to have better, more prepared guys in house than are available off the street at this stage.

It's a blow. Watching SirV in one-on-one drills gave me a new appreciation of his ability and why he is where he is with his craft. My hope is that he'll stay around the team and work with the guys to help them continue to improve and refine.
    He is only 31. I would give him a call. He was an All star level player and even if he is out of shape and needs a few weeks I bet he could contribute around week 3 at a higher level than anybody else available .

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mattdunigan View Post
    He is only 31. I would give him a call. He was an All star level player and even if he is out of shape and needs a few weeks I bet he could contribute around week 3 at a higher level than anybody else available .
    I think this would be a good option. I thought "O". was older being in the league for so long. Rogers and another standout OT , Stanley Bryant of Winnipeg, are 33. Wondering if Bond has the mobility to play OT long term based on what he showed last year. Looked like he was carrying a few extra pounds , might have trouble handling Willie Jefferson one on one.

Hopefully we have eyes on some prospects that are in NFL camps or ex AAF Olinemen unless the better ones are already committed to the XFL. Rogers signed for good money and with him on the IR we shouldn't go cheap replacing him. Just my take on it but replacing Rogers with anyone that was here last season is like replacing a farm tractor with a garden tractor.

Was wondering if Winnipeg might make J. Hardrick available. I thought he did a good job filling in with the Bombers when there were injuries.

vCash

I’m playing MoD outside again and slide Bond into Guard. No messing with the ratio. Trade experience for experience.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Found out today that Maurice McKnight got a job offer outside of football and is no longer with the team. Would have been competing for a depth position behind Orange when healthy, and as mentioned, Glass has looked good in that role to my eye so far.

Walk-through suggested that Larry Dean will not play tomorrow, in addition to those that are injured/knicked.

vCash

Gott is a free agent, but has been at guard more than centre recently.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Not this makes things any better, but this is a...bronze lining?

"Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post

How does this not make things better?

There is the potential to save 2/3 of SirV's salary against the cap (2x 6-game IR), which could fund some other additions potentially, and still have him back for the stretch run and playoffs. Not as good as having him for the full year, but if he can get back this season that's a huge improvement from what it looked like a few days ago.

Draheim is better than many people are giving him credit for, and has played with Trevor in Ottawa previously.

vCash

Not sure what you mean.

Depending on the type of tear, how his surgery & post-op course go, and how his rehab goes, it could be as little as 3 months. The fact that they are actually coming out & saying that it is not season-ending actually bodes well. In addition, he’ll be 6-gamed, so his salary won’t count against the cap.

This is bad injury, sure, and it sucks for him (poor guy), but an injury guys can come back from a lot easier than some others (vs concussions & knees & Achilles)
    It could be a whole lot worse!

vCash

I think that's what OK14 meant, guys
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Depth Charts for today

- - - Updated - - -

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Sounds like special teams are in mid season form.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I think that's what OK14 meant, guys
    Thank you for being the voice of sanity. Serves me right for posting at 10:41 local when my brain isn't thinking straight.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Sounds like special teams are in mid season form.
    Because in the first game of preseason they give up a TD? I get our special teams where bad but come'on.

I'm sure you dont mean the yards Robinson has put up on returns.. because we aren't use that production around here

vCash
    Blog Entries

Dave Campbell is in midseason form too, mixing up Joey and Nick Bosa.

vCash

Dave Campbell is in midseason form too, mixing up Joey and Nick Bosa.

I can't recall the other dude.. but he has Taylor now at QB for the Esks.. ( hes a rb) and some guy named CJ Harris carrying the ball.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Retired.

I'd place Draheim at LT and O'Donnell or if he is ready Saxeliid at RT.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

Special Teams looked a lot better than what we've been seeing in previous years. On the return TD against us it was just simply a case of one player not staying in his lane so when the tackle was missed at the point of attack, there was wide open space for the returner to run to, very correctable in film and not surprising considering these guys have only been in camp for 6 days. Aside from that though our returners were having massive holes and giant lanes to run through all day long. After today I'm hopeful that we might see something resembling a competent return game this year finally.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Special Teams looked a lot better than what we've been seeing in previous years. On the return TD against us it was just simply a case of one player not staying in his lane so when the tackle was missed at the point of attack, there was wide open space for the returner to run to, very correctable in film and not surprising considering these guys have only been in camp for 6 days. Aside from that though our returners were having massive holes and giant lanes to run through all day long. After today I'm hopeful that we might see something resembling a competent return game this year finally.
    I agree! Both Robinson & Stangby had big returns which is a far cry from the past few seasons.
    And don’t forget—Martese Jackson who was re-signed because of his return skills was nicked early in TC & wasn’t in the lineup.
    I was also impressed with Lolley’s aggressive D which is also a far cry from the bland vanilla scheme that Benevides insisted on running...