Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 488

Thread: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,972
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    350

    Sports 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp




    CBA signed or not, this thread will happen.

    All things related to Eskimos TC will live here. BONE.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,530
    vCash
    22116
    Rep Power
    1035

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Let's hope things get resolved this week...
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,277
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Let's hope things get resolved this week...
    X2!
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,988
    vCash
    10342
    Rep Power
    231

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Let's hope things get resolved this week...
    yeah let's get the f*** on with it we need some football!
    In Rod we trust

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,504
    vCash
    675
    Rep Power
    361

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Flying in on Saturday evening, and will hope that my annual pilgrimage results in more than just 3-4 days of training camp, though I'm grateful for the surety that even that provides.

    Will try to get some posts up as to what I'm seeing out there, ongoing battles, perceived chemistry, etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Back living in Edmonton
    Posts
    9,494
    vCash
    8735
    Rep Power
    196

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Flying in on Saturday evening, and will hope that my annual pilgrimage results in more than just 3-4 days of training camp, though I'm grateful for the surety that even that provides.

    Will try to get some posts up as to what I'm seeing out there, ongoing battles, perceived chemistry, etc.
    There's always Thanh-Thanh.... That's worth the trip itself.
    #PizStrong

    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

    Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,504
    vCash
    675
    Rep Power
    361

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    There's always Thanh-Thanh.... That's worth the trip itself.
    I look forward to some perceived chemistry with a bowl of curry chicken and an ongoing battle for the last spring roll.

    I'm down to only one more freezer pack left.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,530
    vCash
    22116
    Rep Power
    1035

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Flying in on Saturday evening, and will hope that my annual pilgrimage results in more than just 3-4 days of training camp, though I'm grateful for the surety that even that provides.

    Will try to get some posts up as to what I'm seeing out there, ongoing battles, perceived chemistry, etc.
    I'm sure we'll have tons of questions for you and the rest of the gang watching TC.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,969
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    96

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Finally. Looking forward to hearing about the 2019 Team.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,231
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Been a long off season!


    Cannot wait to get this thing going!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,952
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Should be an interesting camp. Completely different team. I am expecting the Esks to be battling for 3rd in the West with the Bombers.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,231
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Should be an interesting camp. Completely different team. I am expecting the Esks to be battling for 3rd in the West with the Bombers.
    Who’s 1 and 2 ??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Who’s 1 and 2 ??
    I honestly feel like there is going to be a HUGE log jam from 1-4 with Sask being 5th.
    #PizStrong

  14. #14

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I honestly feel like there is going to be a HUGE log jam from 1-4 with Sask being 5th.
    Me to, at this point I can see any one of EDM, WPG, CGY or BC finishing first. And I don't think the Riders will be bad, but they have the worst QB in the West.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,952
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Who’s 1 and 2 ??
    Until teams knock them out, I have to put the Stamps in the top 2. Right now, I have the Lions as the other top team. This has nothing to do with Hervey vs Brock so please save your bashing and "Section Q can't get over Hervey". I am basing my opinion straight up on who has the 2 best QB's. The best QB's in the league right now IMO are Mitchell and Reilly. Football is a team game, I get all that but if you have a decent team and then insert a star QB, it elevates you in my mind. I think Harris is a good QB but I think there is a clear division between him and Mitchell-Reilly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I honestly feel like there is going to be a HUGE log jam from 1-4 with Sask being 5th.
    I agree with that. I think the difference between 1-4 won't be a lot. I put the Stamps and the Lions as the top 2 because of their QB's. It would't shock me if the Esks and Bombers end up being tied.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,231
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Until teams knock them out, I have to put the Stamps in the top 2. Right now, I have the Lions as the other top team. This has nothing to do with Hervey vs Brock so please save your bashing and "Section Q can't get over Hervey". I am basing my opinion straight up on who has the 2 best QB's. The best QB's in the league right now IMO are Mitchell and Reilly. Football is a team game, I get all that but if you have a decent team and then insert a star QB, it elevates you in my mind. I think Harris is a good QB but I think there is a clear division between him and Mitchell-Reilly.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree with that. I think the difference between 1-4 won't be a lot. I put the Stamps and the Lions as the top 2 because of their QB's. It would't shock me if the Esks and Bombers end up being tied.
    Hey Q.. I asked u a simple question..

    And for the record.. I don’t bash u fella.. ease back dude.. season hasnt even bloody started yet! Lol


    Edit: Q it’s way to early in the year to start any arguing! I respect your opinion.. let’s see how we look! we are all cheering for the same people here lol .. I don’t care about the other 8 teams.. just us and our success..
    Last edited by cmbuk; 05-14-2019 at 12:57 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,952
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Hey Q.. I asked u a simple question..

    And for the record.. I don’t bash u fella.. ease back dude.. season hasnt even bloody started yet! Lol


    Edit: Q it’s way to early in the year to start any arguing! I respect your opinion.. let’s see how we look! we are all cheering for the same people here lol .. I don’t care about the other 8 teams.. just us and our success..
    You asked who I thought would be 1-2. Last season, I thought that the Esks secondary and Oline was an area of weakness. On paper, it looks like they improved it. I think Harris is a good QB. If you are going to lose Reilly and you have no chance at getting Mitchell, then Harris was the best guy to get. So I am happy they got him. But until I see how these teams play, I will take the teams with the better QB's every time.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 05-14-2019 at 02:15 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Until teams knock them out, I have to put the Stamps in the top 2. Right now, I have the Lions as the other top team. This has nothing to do with Hervey vs Brock so please save your bashing and "Section Q can't get over Hervey". I am basing my opinion straight up on who has the 2 best QB's. The best QB's in the league right now IMO are Mitchell and Reilly. Football is a team game, I get all that but if you have a decent team and then insert a star QB, it elevates you in my mind. I think Harris is a good QB but I think there is a clear division between him and Mitchell-Reilly.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I agree with that. I think the difference between 1-4 won't be a lot. I put the Stamps and the Lions as the top 2 because of their QB's. It would't shock me if the Esks and Bombers end up being tied.
    I get your logic and it may very well be valid, will be interesting to see if Hervey can fill the holes that having the top paid player in the league will inevitably bring you. If I was betting man, I would say he will but time will tell.
    #PizStrong

  19. #19

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Until teams knock them out, I have to put the Stamps in the top 2. Right now, I have the Lions as the other top team. This has nothing to do with Hervey vs Brock so please save your bashing and "Section Q can't get over Hervey". I am basing my opinion straight up on who has the 2 best QB's. The best QB's in the league right now IMO are Mitchell and Reilly. Football is a team game, I get all that but if you have a decent team and then insert a star QB, it elevates you in my mind. I think Harris is a good QB but I think there is a clear division between him and Mitchell-Reilly.
    Sure, but the Esks were 5th last year with Reilly at the helm and the Reilly/Jackson duo is much less of a sure thing than the Reilly/Maas combo was. BC also has far less continuity going in than Edmonton had at the beginning of last year with the vast majority of their key pieces returning at that time. I like a lot of what Herveys done over there, but there are a lot of question marks too, not the least of which is how you build a team with 725K invested in one player.

    I actually think Winnipeg's the front runner to start the season, they have the most continuity and have also added a couple game breakers in Jefferson and Matthews.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,952
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Sure, but the Esks were 5th last year with Reilly at the helm and the Reilly/Jackson duo is much less of a sure thing than the Reilly/Maas combo was. BC also has far less continuity going in than Edmonton had at the beginning of last year with the vast majority of their key pieces returning at that time. I like a lot of what Herveys done over there, but there are a lot of question marks too, not the least of which is how you build a team with 725K invested in one player.

    I actually think Winnipeg's the front runner to start the season, they have the most continuity and have also added a couple game breakers in Jefferson and Matthews.
    I didn't think the Esks roster was very good last year. I thought they had holes on the Oline and secondary. So I think having Reilly as their QB inflated the Esks record a bit. There were multiple games where IMO Reilly basically won the game by himself. He would running for first downs while dragging defenders to keep drives alive. Making miracle throws. The shots he took sometimes while he waited for a receiver to get open would knock most QB's out.

    I think talent wise, Mitchell is probably more talented but I would pick Reilly over Mitchell every time. If there is a 300LB Dlineman standing in the way of Reilly getting the game winning TD, Reilly will bull over that Dlineman and score, Mitchell will not. BC was able to make the playoffs with what I viewed as inferior QB's. Lulay and Jennings are 2 back ups in my opinion. I think Reilly is a QB who is such a good leader, is so tough, so well respected and has the ability to will his team to win at times, that it will have a big impact on BC.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 05-14-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,231
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Think Winnipeg HAVE to be 1 or 2 preseason.... they got a core returning.. out of all the western teams. The bombers have a lot of guys returning..

    I can see any of cal edm Winnipeg and bc finishing anywhere between 1-4 I think sask Finnish 5th at this point ..

    Anyone who is saying bc are gonna finish 1 or 2 have to put US in that argument to.. I believe we’re a better football team than bc..
    and cal COULD have a down year... they have lost 11 starters from the grey cup scquad.. but calgary have a habit of reloading.. not rebuilding..

    Gonna be interesting!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,952
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    I will be interested to see what they do with Colquhoun. He can be a decent player and the fact he is Canadian gives you an advantage ratio wise but can you go into another season counting on him to be available. In 2 seasons, out of 36 games he's been available for 14 games. 9 games in 2017, 5 in 2018.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,269
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I will be interested to see what they do with Colquhoun. He can be a decent player and the fact he is Canadian gives you an advantage ratio wise but can you go into another season counting on him to be available. In 2 seasons, out of 36 games he's been available for 14 games. 9 games in 2017, 5 in 2018.
    His injury history concerns me a lot as well. I will be amazed if we seem him on the opening night roster.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    His injury history concerns me a lot as well. I will be amazed if we seem him on the opening night roster.
    Trade him!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,277
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    First year in a LONG time that I won't be able to attend camp, looking forward to the camp updates
    #PizStrong

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,530
    vCash
    22116
    Rep Power
    1035

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    First year in a LONG time that I won't be able to attend camp, looking forward to the camp updates
    I was actually considering flying in for it and attending the first pre-season game on my b-day, but just couldn't afford it this year. Of course if I could have swung it, I probably would have jinxed the CBA negotiations and there most certainly would have been a lockout
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,277
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  29. #29

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Pretty accurate write up I think, I agree that the Esks could be a sleeper pick in the West.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: 2019 Edmonton Eskimos Training Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Pretty accurate write up I think, I agree that the Esks could be a sleeper pick in the West.
    That LB crew looks really good. Plus hopefully a more aggressive D this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •