Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Era Jerseys

Pitfall Harry Guest

Discussion New Era Jerseys

I saw the Esks New Era jersey for sale at Jersey City last week. It's exactly the same design as the recent Adidas ones: two half-stripes on the shoulder and no logo. They didn't have numbers on them, but assuming they don't have shoulder numbers like the Adidas version, is there anyone her who likes these? Granted, they're not as bland as the Argos New Era jerseys, but how does the team even decide on these? Based on what I see at Commonwealth, few fans have bought them, and yet they go with the exact same design.

vCash

Re: New Era Jerseys

Esks online store offering them as well, but strangely, not offering cresting for the jerseys at this time. I tried to grab a few of the adidas jerseys when they went 75% off, but they were sold out of my sizes.
    I think a lot of people are tentative to get new jerseys this season because they think the contract was rushed into place not allowing all clubs and the manufacturer time to make changes. I suspect we will see some tweaks in 2020.
    I think the majority of new jerseys sold will be for key new Eskimos.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I kind of glad that they did not make any changes, not because I am opposed to a new look, but because the people in charge of designing new looks for the Eskimos and the Oilers for over a decade(with the exception of the 2015 orange jersey) seem to completely devoid of anything resembling an original idea. So every time I hear that one of my teams are designing a new jersey I expect the worst.
    Last edited by widowmaker; 05-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.

vCash

I hope they fit better than the Adidas ones did for us larger guys...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I hope they fit better than the Adidas ones did for us larger guys...
    and for Sewell's sake.
    lol

pretty sure i read on here or 3dnation that the refresh was for next year w/ New Era.

People should be looking for new jerseys....as Reilly is obsolete now. Unless u get the crest changed to Collins Jr. as i believe he is 13 now?

problem with new jerseys is roster continuity...also...our fanbase at games i can see is generally older...folks whom are generally not as willing to splurge on jerseys anymore...unlike u see the Coilers games and kiddos all have the pitiful new orange etc etc.

Esks fans a earn their dollars and budget bunch

vCash
    Blog Entries

New Era is using the actual patterns that Adidas was using last year. (One of the advantages of being a sub company I guess)
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Maas_12, it was 3down nation, I remember that as well. And I think most teams went with the same designs, with the Lions, Argos and Redblacks making tweaks and of course the Als with the full rebrand.

I miss the home jersey design we had for the 2015 grey cup season.

vCash

Glad they aren't changing ours too much.
    I believe another aspect at play this year is each team is only allowed one helmet for all jerseys combinations.

If you want to see awful - check out the New Era Argos jersey. I'm not sure if it is for real or not, but it is a practice jersey. No stripes, logo, or anything - just blank jersey with a number. They go from a great looking jersey... to that.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Maas_12, it was 3down nation, I remember that as well. And I think most teams went with the same designs, with the Lions, Argos and Redblacks making tweaks and of course the Als with the full rebrand.

I miss the home jersey design we had for the 2015 grey cup season.
    Call me crazy, but I also liked the away jerseys from those seasons...especially the times where we wore the away jerseys with the yellow helmets. That was a sharp look.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

I found the 2015 uniforms had way too many stripes... and worse, none of the stripe schemes matched (helmet, sleeve, collar, pants)

Give me a retro 70's uni any day.

vCash

I’m waiting to see the redesign next year.. nothing wrong with our current look.. but always up for a redesign

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    I believe another aspect at play this year is each team is only allowed one helmet for all jerseys combinations.

If you want to see awful - check out the New Era Argos jersey. I'm not sure if it is for real or not, but it is a practice jersey. No stripes, logo, or anything - just blank jersey with a number. They go from a great looking jersey... to that.
    It’s real

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I also liked the away jerseys from those seasons...especially the times where we wore the away jerseys with the yellow helmets. That was a sharp look.
    I hate the Stamps but their outlaw helmets in my opinion, is the best helmet I have ever seen in the CFL .
    Last edited by widowmaker; 05-23-2019 at 01:59 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I hate the Stamps but their outlaw helmets, in my opinion, is the best helmet I have ever seen in the CFL .
    Sorry, have to disagree. The two tone helmets are awful for any team.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Sorry, have to disagree. The two tone helmets are awful for any team.
    you may be in the minority here as I like those helmets as well
    #PizStrong

vCash

Interesting that the Lions redesigned their uni's again after just a few short years. I don't mind this as I thought the near mono chrome look they had was not good. Glad to see they went back to a more traditional look. Plus, they'll sell more Reilly jerseys this way.

I'd like to see and Esks redesign. I liked the multiple arm stripes from the Grey Cup winning years. Not a fan of the basic 2 colour stripes we have now.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Interesting that the Lions redesigned their uni's again after just a few short years. I don't mind this as I thought the near mono chrome look they had was not good. Glad to see they went back to a more traditional look. Plus, they'll sell more Reilly jerseys this way.
    That "tramp stamp" on their last jersey had to go. I hope they got rid of the vinyl/rubber numbers as well.

Pitfall Harry Guest

I think BC's jerseys themselves are actually the same as last year's, but with no tramp stamp, two-colour numbers, and the logo on the shoulder. But add to that different pants and a nicer helmet, and the entire uniform is redesigned.

vCash

Absolutely correct on the 'one helmet' thing. It means, at least temporarily, the end of the two-colour helmet in Cgy.

vCash

I'd like to see and Esks redesign. I liked the multiple arm stripes from the Grey Cup winning years. Not a fan of the basic 2 colour stripes we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitfall Harry View Post
    I think BC's jerseys themselves are actually the same as last year's, but with no tramp stamp, two-colour numbers, and the logo on the shoulder. But add to that different pants and a nicer helmet, and the entire uniform is redesigned.
    If you want to see awful-ness, look at BC. They are wearing orange pants with the orange jerseys this year (gag) instead of black pants. Orange is not the colour for a full uni look. They should have gone all black with orange & silver as the accent colours.

With regards to the Argos, from a true fashion perspective (vs what’s historically “good” for jerseys), their uni’s are sharp. Minimalist. Not cluttered. That medium dark blue is a good colour for a monochromatic style.

vCash

The all orange look from the Lions doesn't look that bad. The black on the shoulders and helmet help offset it.

The Argo practice jerseys are awful. Needs some stripes on there !!
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    With regards to the Argos, from a true fashion perspective (vs what’s historically “good” for jerseys), their uni’s are sharp. Minimalist. Not cluttered. That medium dark blue is a good colour for a monochromatic style.
    I like it too, when it comes to football uni's sometimes less is more. Teams love to get carried away with a bunch of clutter that doesn't really add anything. Although I think the Argos should have moved the shoulder numbers down onto the sleeves then it would have basically been an Oakland Raiders jersey in double blue instead of black and silver.

The one thing I will say about our Jerseys is it looks like they fixed the stripes and moved them further down on the sleeve so it would have been nice if they had re-added the numbers to the shoulders again, aside form that it's a very sharp, classic look that works well.
    Last edited by ben_the_eskimo; 05-24-2019 at 02:07 PM.

vCash

I get that they were here first but I wish the Stamps would return to white pants with the red jersey and helmet. It was a great look and it would differentiate them better from Ottawa.

They are, or were, the Red and White.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    If you want to see awful-ness, look at BC. They are wearing orange pants with the orange jerseys this year (gag) instead of black pants. Orange is not the colour for a full uni look. They should have gone all black with orange & silver as the accent colours.

Are the actually going all orange??? Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I get that they were here first but I wish the Stamps would return to white pants with the red jersey and helmet. It was a great look and it would differentiate them better from Ottawa.

They are, or were, the Red and White.
    I agree, I’ve been hoping for them to switch back ever since Ottawa returned. Those Stamps/Redblacks games where everyone is wearing some combination of red and black look silly.

vCash

The all orange look from the Lions doesn't look that bad. The black on the shoulders and helmet help offset it.

The Argo practice jerseys are awful. Needs some stripes on there !!
    To each their own. (aka we can agree to disagree)

Toronto look is made to sell more units; BC is not. ....though maybe I’ll be proven wrong based on the positive Twitter feedback.
    I’ll continue with all black when I go to games.

Ps. The rep I gave you was actually supposed to be ‘reply’ in case you are wondering haha

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Are the actually going all orange??? Damn!
    Apparently they will have both orange and black pants and will flip back and forth with them at both home and away.

vCash

Sure am glad we aren't Lions fans. Their home uni's they wore yesterday are not great, but not 100% terrible. The black number on a dark orange jersey though is awful. Can't read the numbers most of the time from the stands.

Our aways are still fantastic.
    ----------------------

Pitfall Harry Guest

Our aways are still fantastic.
    They need shoulder numbers to be passable. There's no excuse for removing them. Plus, when a fan buys a single digit number kit, it costs the same price as a double digit front-and-back plus shoulders kit.

vCash

They need shoulder numbers to be passable. There's no excuse for removing them. Plus, when a fan buys a single digit number kit, it costs the same price as a double digit front-and-back plus shoulders kit.
    Agree with the shoulder numbers
    ----------------------

vCash

The last adidas set didnt have shoulder numbers either.... I'm not that fussed about em either way... The current jersey is clean... If we could have this with the 2012/15 sleeve stripe I would be really happy... Thing I hated about the last reebok jerseys were the collar... To packers like

I think shoulder numbers are like road whites.... They prob are not needed in modern era football.. It's more tradition