Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 1,171 to 1,190 of 1190

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s a very tough situation to be in... as a coach I can empathise with why they let him play.. I have done it myself this season ( we lost that game to ) but I understand in situations especially pressure situations U go with your guy.. even if not 100 percent

In hindsight with our record in Calgary anyway we should have sat harris and played Kilgore in Calgary and see how harris felt on the Friday .. but I just cannot be a hypocrite and blast our coaches when I’m as guilty
    I heard it mentioned that Harris himself said he got hurt against Winnipeg and has been dealing with it for awhile. If he's been dealing with it, that leads me to believe that it's probably not fully healed yet. So would you play him this week?
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I heard it mentioned that Harris himself said he got hurt against Winnipeg and has been dealing with it for awhile. If he's been dealing with it, that leads me to believe that it's probably not fully healed yet. So would you play him this week?
    I’ve started rookie QBs a few times during my coaching career 9 times outta 10 it doesn’t end well lol

This is a tough one though because we just don’t know how well harris is healed or how injured he still is..

I think if harris is 75% u gotta start him. At home RR night. U prob gotta start him..

I think what I would do is assess him IN GAME, if we’re struggling I’d put Kilgore in in the 2nd qtr and let him take the show

Not ideal I know

vCash

In the same interview he mentions how its something he's dealt with in the past and been able to push through. The hardest part for a coach is trying to decide if Harris at 80% is better than your other options at 100. For what its worth, I would sit him this week in hopes to get him a little closer to 100% but without knowing what exactly the injury is, there is no way for us to tell if that's even going to help.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Yeah, we really don't have the knowledge to be able to have an informed opinion on this one. The complicating factor is the extent that playing this week might aggravate the injury for future games. Maybe, maybe not. There's just not enough info in public to know.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Harris is out.

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Let’s all get behind Kilgore... !

vCash

Liking the O-line. They should be able to help Kilgore out a lot. Hope Gable sees a lot of the ball as well.

---

Hearing that Harris was one-gamed; Jesse Joseph six-gamed.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; Yesterday at 11:18 AM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

#PizStrong

vCash

I think it's the smart choice to site Harris out. There are 5 more games after this one and then playoffs which I assume they will make it in the cross over. You can't risk him playing this coming game and reaggravate it more and this linger keeping him out for anymore time. Evans for Hamiltion isn't exactly a world beater. Hopefully the defense can keep it close and maybe you squeak out a win.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I think it's the smart choice to site Harris out. There are 5 more games after this one and then playoffs which I assume they will make it in the cross over. You can't risk him playing this coming game and reaggravate it more and this linger keeping him out for anymore time. Evans for Hamiltion isn't exactly a world beater. Hopefully the defense can keep it close and maybe you squeak out a win.
    agreed. I may be wrong with this but as good as our defence has been, have they had any scores? May need 1 this week.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Liking the O-line. They should be able to help Kilgore out a lot. Hope Gable sees a lot of the ball as well.

---

Hearing that Harris was one-gamed; Jesse Joseph six-gamed.
    I’m surprised that they put him on the 1-game list, no cap savings for that.
    As for Joseph, probably a precursor to Charles being activated soon?

vCash

Itís a very tough situation to be in... as a coach I can empathise with why they let him play.. I have done it myself this season ( we lost that game to ) but I understand in situations especially pressure situations U go with your guy.. even if not 100 percent

In hindsight with our record in Calgary anyway we should have sat harris and played Kilgore in Calgary and see how harris felt on the Friday .. but I just cannot be a hypocrite and blast our coaches when Iím as guilty
    Well, if you can't be a hypocrite there is no way you can run for office! You are limiting your career choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    There are no cap savings if you pull him off the six game early.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    or to make room for Betts, who they activated this week.
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Let’s all get behind Kilgore... !
    And I can think of no better way to do that than to pick him as my starting QB for Fantasy football this week...just call me crazy...or a guy so far behind in his league that it just doesn't matter anymore...the self directed policy I have of never picking players that we are playing against during the week probably doesn't help.

Interesting story on Kilgore on the CFL website...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/19/landry...s-ahead-start/
    Last edited by adb; Yesterday at 02:04 PM.
    ďRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Anyone else get the email about the focus group with the new president?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Unamba and Hightower will spend a lot of the game lined up against Addison and Banks, and that matchup may determine the outcome of the game. Addison plays the same spot as Begelton who shredded our defence.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Anyone else get the email about the focus group with the new president?
    Yes I got the e-mail and responded.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    And I can think of no better way to do that than to pick him as my starting QB for Fantasy football this week...just call me crazy...or a guy so far behind in his league that it just doesn't matter anymore...the self directed policy I have of never picking players that we are playing against during the week probably doesn't help.

Interesting story on Kilgore on the CFL website...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/19/landry...s-ahead-start/
    1 thing I do believe is maas knows qbs and all the qbs that drive the car end up doing ok.. or better than..

I trust maas in turn I trust Kilgore

I said it on here Vs Winnipeg in preseason, he had full control of the o.. nothing was scaled back.. same applied last week... Logan controlled the huddle,

He will be ready

vCash

Not sure if this goes in radio thread or here, but this one is more handy.

This Ricky Ray interview on the Dave Jamieson show is the bomb ��

Listen to it later if you’re not listening right now!

Edit: ....or I guess the game day thread haha ��
    Last edited by Smartie123; Today at 12:55 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Yes I got the e-mail and responded.
    And have since received a Dear John letter due to the overwhelming response.