Results 991 to 1,020 of 1188

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

frustrating to lose? of course.
    but do you really want another change ? especially with coaching caps and all that bs...to limit who you can bring in?(someone from down south with decent pedigree but would want $$$ and not farmiliar with cfl game? its very limited... )

stability in my mind supersedes that stuff...

we are NOT getting blown out in games.
    he has NOT lost the room. is what it seems.
    sure you do seem to see some of the same errors i grant you, but how much is on the players? its not ONLY the coach.

seriously have a thought about the oilers and their continued coaching carousel?
    at some point...ITS NOT EVEN THE COACH. lol

Its hard enough as it is in the CFL to achieve player continuity.
    and now with coaching caps, it limits being able to keep some coaches.

never make a change simply to make a change and show you are doing something. grass aint always greener.

vCash

Agreed. I think we're ending up at 8-10 and losing to Mtl in the playoffs, but I have no desire to lose the coach. Rebuilds rarely happen in one year. We may have been fooled by our early schedule...just gotta adjust our expectations for this year.

Now, next year we'll walk all over them.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Almondo Sewell
    @AlmondoSewell90

Well I guess our saviour is here
    8:44 PM · Sep 9, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

Tweet from Mondo. Seems a bit sarcastic... Obviously referring to Betts.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Almondo Sewell
    @AlmondoSewell90

Yeah, totally sounds sarcastic. Not a good sign from one of the leaders on D. Doesn't really reinforce the "group of brothers playing for each other" philosophy.

vCash

Yikes. That reeks of a leader losing confidence in his team, no?

I mean, why go on Twitter and say that?

vCash

Almondo Sewell
    @AlmondoSewell90

Here is the embedded tweet.

#PizStrong

vCash

frustration shining through. Everyone had high expectations going into this year and when things don't go as planned, these things will happen.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    frustration shining through. Everyone had high expectations going into this year and when things don't go as planned, these things will happen.
    Honestly, I don't like the tone of his tweet (take that for what it is); but, it seems as though he might be signalling to BS that the DL isn't the area where attention is needed.
    #PizStrong

vCash

One could/would surmise that there's division in the room and that Jason has lost the room...

Let's hope this is just frustration after a rough stretch and nothing more longstanding. Yikes is right..

vCash

Honestly, I don't like the tone of his tweet (take that for what it is); but, it seems as though he might be signalling to BS that the DL isn't the area where attention is needed.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not fond of it either. As productive as that unit has been, they have hit a bit of a speed bump and are starting to get some negative press (why can't we stop the run) and now you have a press conference and a bunch of fan fair around a new guy coming in and the old crew is a little ticked about it, or it would seem so anyways
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Anyway you slice it this is a disappointing comment from Mondo and an indication that the team building that JM worked so hard on in the preseason really hasn't had the desired effect. I guess nothing trumps winning...when you win everybody loves each other and when you lose you get guys shoving each other during games and public comments like this.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

My guess is it has more to do with sending a message to his GM about his methods of asking guys who have been here all season to continually take pay cuts and reneg deals, while the first round pick gets paid (as high as 1st rounder NI players do)

The room is souring on BS via multiple sources
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    My guess is it has more to do with sending a message to his GM about his methods of asking guys who have been here all season to continually take pay cuts and reneg deals, while the first round pick gets paid (as high as 1st rounder NI players do)

BS is getting slammed for signing our #1 draft pick?

Haters gonna hate.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Don't get me wrong I'm not fond of it either. As productive as that unit has been, they have hit a bit of a speed bump and are starting to get some negative press (why can't we stop the run) and now you have a press conference and a bunch of fan fair around a new guy coming in and the old crew is a little ticked about it, or it would seem so anyways
    Certainly not a smart comment to make publicly, plus the two D players having a hissy fit during the game kinda makes for a unhappy group. Hopefully just frustration. Maybe this team needs more player movement to shake things up a bit. Coaches and mgt. run the team not the players.

Wondering if the loss of Coach Lolley on the sidelines means that there is less direction for the players during the game. Noticing Lolley is in the booth now , til now he had been on the field. Also for the Lions, Stubler is in the booth now, can't ever remember Stubs not being on the sideline. Thorpe still working the sidelines in Ottawa.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post

Haters gonna hate.
    If you were a current guy on the team, worse yet a vet guys who's been here the whole time. Been to all the practices, meetings and games, giving everything you have for the team, even been asked to take a mid season pay cut for the good of the team, you'd be a little bitter when a kid rolls in too much fan fair who's getting paid and hasn't even been to a single practice yet.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Haters gonna hate.
    Yup.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Haters gonna hate.
    Re-read my comment. Several times if you need to.

Playing Daddy Warbucks in Feb, then crying poor to vets in July/Aug doesn't win you friends.

Believe what you want. I really don't care
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    If you were a current guy on the team, worse yet a vet guys who's been here the whole time. Been to all the practices, meetings and games, giving everything you have for the team, even been asked to take a mid season pay cut for the good of the team, you'd be a little bitter when a kid rolls in too much fan fair who's getting paid and hasn't even been to a single practice yet.
    I didn't see fanfare beyond what you'd expect for the signing of a first round draft pick. Surprised by Sewell's comment too. I figure it's frustration boiling over.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Playing Daddy Warbucks in Feb, then crying poor to vets in July/Aug doesn't win you friends.

100% Hard to take when your GM cries poor, asks you to take a little less mid season then on top of it, you aren't seeing the results on the field with the team he assembled.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I didn't see fanfare beyond what you'd expect for the signing of a first round draft pick. Surprised by Sewell's comment too. I figure it's frustration boiling over.
    I would agree. The kid is getting paid what a first rounder should get paid (to my understanding). If you have an issue with how Sunderland is managing the SMS, that is not the kids fault. If you are a team guy, you can't criticize the decision to add a highly touted National to the roster, regardless of the position he plays.

Sewell looks bad on this one.

vCash

I highly doubt being friends with the players is high up on BS's to do list, at least I hope its not. He needs to do whats best for the team not individual players. Do you think Hervey is well liked by all the players after what he's publicly said about them? I doubt it and I doubt he cares about it either.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Exactly. It's news. No big fanfare.

Whether Betts pans out or not remains to be seen. But for a group with 0 sacks in the last two games, signing a top ranked draft pick is newsworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

100% Hard to take when your GM cries poor, asks you to take a little less mid season then on top of it, you aren't seeing the results on the field with the team he assembled.
    I missed this story about the pay cuts. Can you provide a link to it?

vCash

Yet you make a comment like that...so you do care?

vCash
    Blog Entries

If I'm Betts and I read Mondo's comment I would not jump to the conclusion that it's aimed at BS...my first thought is that it's aimed directly at me or at the very least that I'm not exactly walking into a band of brothers atmospehere...I get it that Almondo might be PO'd at management if he was asked to take a pay cut but how does this type of public comment help the situation in any way, shape, or form.
    Last edited by adb; 09-10-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

They never said he was going to step in and start??!?!
    He's a first round pick, the GM NEEDS to sign him. The market is set. He now comes in to compete. Nothing wrong with that.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

I just wonder what D and Q would say if Betts wasn't signed by Brock.

vCash

I just wonder what D and Q would say if Betts wasn't signed by Brock.
    I don't see where Diesel or I are questioning that it was a good idea to sign him. In the CFL, it's critical to stock pile as much Canadian talent as you can. All we did was understand where some of the frustration would be coming from when it comes to current players.

It still blows me away how sensitive some of you are when it comes to Sunderland. God forbid anyone saying anything that isn't slapping him on the back. The Esks are 6-6, lost 3 games in a row, the last 2 they got their ass kicked and are 2-4 in their last 6 games and we are supposed to be happy about that and confident in this team?
    Last edited by Sectionq; 09-10-2019 at 11:27 AM.

vCash

Could be a patriots fan taking about signing ab?

Written word in this format is always hard to get a read.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see where Diesel or I are questioning that it was a good idea to sign him. In the CFL, it's critical to stock pile as much Canadian talent as you can. All we did was understand where some of the frustration would be coming from when it comes to current players.

It still blows me away how sensitive some of you are when it comes to Sunderland. God forbid anyone saying anything that isn't slapping him on the back. The Esks are 6-6, lost 3 games in a row, the last 2 they got their ass kicked and are 2-4 in their last 6 games and we are supposed to be happy about that and confident in this team?
    Our record and current losing streak has zero to do with brock..

- - - Updated - - -

do u happen to know who’s taken cuts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    They never said he was going to step in and start??!?!
    He's a first round pick, the GM NEEDS to sign him. The market is set. He now comes in to compete. Nothing wrong with that.

If it’s your number 1 pick and he’s available u gotta sign him right.. doesn’t matter when..

We still see posts on here about pasztor and Charles.. so it’s a no brained for me.. sign him