Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,441 to 1,463 of 1463

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

The Edmonton Eskimos have released national wide receiver Danny Vandervoort from the club’s practice roster.
    Seems like a bit of a bust of a first rounder.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Seems like a bit of a bust of a first rounder.
    Maybe Tevaun is healthy again?
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully this is the case.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    fair point, hadn't thought of that
    #PizStrong

vCash

Suitor used to be much more nuanced in his hate for the Esks but he sure has taken the leash off since Maas became the head coach. He doesn’t even try to hide his bias against them now.

I still maintain that the command centre didn’t overturn the call because they didn’t like Maas throwing the flag angrily like he did.

Has there been any league explanation for that decision? It was indefensible for that to be confirmed by the command centre.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Suitor used to be much more nuanced in his hate for the Esks but he sure has taken the leash off since Maas became the head coach. He doesnít even try to hide his bias against them now.

I still maintain that the command centre didnít overturn the call because they didnít like Maas throwing the flag angrily like he did.

Has there been any league explanation for that decision? It was indefensible for that to be confirmed by the command centre.
    Ya I heard on the post game show that they tweeted an explanation of that there was not enough video evidence to overturn the original call of pi. Ridiculous.

vCash

Suitor used to be much more nuanced in his hate for the Esks but he sure has taken the leash off since Maas became the head coach. He doesn’t even try to hide his bias against them now.

I still maintain that the command centre didn’t overturn the call because they didn’t like Maas throwing the flag angrily like he did.

Bud Steen tried (pretty terribly) to rationalize the decision on Gregor on Tuesday. Actually started off quite defensive about it. It was a wierd one as he’s traditionally pretty open to discussing officiating issues on Gregor but first attacked Gregor asking to take off his esks glasses, which Gregor shut down pretty quickly. There’s something weird going on with that one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Bud Steen tried (pretty terribly) to rationalize the decision on Gregor on Tuesday. Actually started off quite defensive about it. It was a wierd one as he’s traditionally pretty open to discussing officiating issues on Gregor but first attacked Gregor asking to take off his esks glasses, which Gregor shut down pretty quickly. There’s something weird going on with that one.
    Yeah, they screwed the call up so horribly that the league and old league employees don't want to make the league look like a bunch of clowns.

That's what's going on with that one

vCash

Suitor used to be much more nuanced in his hate for the Esks but he sure has taken the leash off since Maas became the head coach. He doesnít even try to hide his bias against them now.

I still maintain that the command centre didnít overturn the call because they didnít like Maas throwing the flag angrily like he did.

Well we have two nothing games against the Riders..... it will be "interesting" to see what happens in the nature/quality of calls........ they've fu*^%ed us all year so why stop now?
    Additionally, you can bet your a$$ there is a penchant at CFL/TSN to see the Als Cinderella season continue at our expense.... we will MOST DEFINATELY be playing against two opponents in our crossover game!!!

This isn't tin foil hat stuff folks......... ITS A GIVEN!
    undefined

The Moz'

vCash

It’s been a near certainty for a few weeks now but the Riders win last night has locked the Esks into 4th place so they will be heading to Montreal for the East Semi.

If Harris is healthy, I believe we can take the Als, I feel they are greatly overrated. The TiCats on the other hand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskimoses View Post
    Well we have two nothing games against the Riders.....
    Interesting how they have had such incredible luck playing against teams in with injured QB's, and getting both games of the Andrew Harris suspension, and now finishing the season with three games against teams with nothing to play for.

Are they for real, or is it smoke and mirrors? The truth is probably somewhere in between.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Glenn Suitor probably hasn't let anyone know but the Saskatchewan Roughriders are the second most penalized team in the league. Meaning of course that their coach cannot control an undisciplined group of players.

My expectations are that the Eskimos will take more penalties than the Riders because they have taken more penalties than the opposition in all but two games (14-1-1 on of the games was 5 penalties apiece). The Riders are at 9-5-2. So if there is a chance that the opposition gets more penalties this is it.

At some point the Riders will need a critical first down, their receiver will trip over his own feet and the referees will call a PI. Although there is no contact with an Eskimo defender, Jason Maas will throw his challenge flag and Control Centre will uphold the call.

The Montreal game will be a sh!tshow.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Interesting how they have had such incredible luck playing against teams in with injured QB's, and getting both games of the Andrew Harris suspension, and now finishing the season with three games against teams with nothing to play for.

Are they for real, or is it smoke and mirrors? The truth is probably somewhere in between.
    It is remarkable, they might have that touch of destiny that teams sometimes get. But if the Stamps win the West, my money is on the Stamps winning the Grey Cup with two home games.

I’d much rather see my momma’s Bombers in the Grey Cup over the Stamps or Riders but they have the toughest remaining sked to make it happen.

vCash

The Mike Reilly injury hurt the Bombers more than it hurt the Lions.

It’s been a near certainty for a few weeks now but the Riders win last night has locked the Esks into 4th place so they will be heading to Montreal for the East Semi.

If Harris is healthy, I believe we can take the Als, I feel they are greatly overrated. The TiCats on the other hand.
    Dane Evans has been good, but there's a difference between winning in the regular season and winning a playoff game, and he hasn't started a playoff game yet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Yeah, they screwed the call up so horribly that the league and old league employees don't want to make the league look like a bunch of clowns.

That's what's going on with that one
    by not fessing up to the massive error they end up making themselves look worse. I have not found one person who thinks that was PI

It makes the "vendetta against the Esks/Maas" look even stronger.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Dane Evans has been good, but there's a difference between winning in the regular season and winning a playoff game, and he hasn't started a playoff game yet.
    Very true. Masoli, who was the Eastern All Star QB had a vanilla game against Ottawa in last year's East playoffs .

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Very true. Masoli, who was the Eastern All Star QB had a vanilla game against Ottawa in last year's East playoffs .
    Yeah, not trying to take anything away from Evans or the TiCats because they’re a good team, but IF Evans doesn’t have his best game in the final it wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened to a fresh new QB.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Agree that starting a playoff game is different than starting a regular season game - with the added pressure of being one & done.
    However, last year for Hamilton, weren’t all of his playmakers either out with injuries or playing injured? Banks, the RB that hurt is knee (Alex something, also great in fantasy) & that receiver that was also good for fantasy (Jalen something, different Jalen than this year I think).

vCash

Alex Green and Jalen Saunders

vCash

Alex Green and Jalen Saunders
    Thanks!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Agree that starting a playoff game is different than starting a regular season game - with the added pressure of being one & done.
    However, last year for Hamilton, weren’t all of his playmakers either out with injuries or playing injured? Banks, the RB that hurt is knee (Alex something, also great in fantasy) & that receiver that was also good for fantasy (Jalen something, different Jalen than this year I think).
    Better memory than me , all I remember about the final was that Masoli threw three picks and that Harris threw six TD passes. Then in the Grey Cup game Harris's receivers developed a bad case of " oops , dropped another one."