Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Damn..

vCash

So Unamba plays maybe 5 or 6 plays in the entire preseason and in his first regular season game only lasts the first half. Great. They need to bring in some priest or something to get rid of the injury demons.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    So Unamba plays maybe 5 or 6 plays in the entire preseason and in his first regular season game only lasts the first half. Great. They need to bring in some priest or something to get rid of the injury demons.
    Could be precautionary. The good news was that he seemed to get off the field on his own, so hopefully it's a 6-game or less injury.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Could be precautionary. The good news was that he seemed to get off the field on his own, so hopefully it's a 6-game or less injury.
    What upper body would require an mri? Torn bicep ? Something worse?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    What upper body would require an mri? Torn bicep ? Something worse?
    Don't know, but the way he kind of hobbled off, I thought it was lower body on Friday until hearing upper body on the post-game show. I know the Esks are saying upper body though. Hopefully we get good news.

vCash

That the Esks are even talking about the injury is not a good thing, as they're pretty much only addressing things on a need-to-know basis. This adds some context around the Nick Taylor re-signing. I would expect Brian Walker is promoted from the PR after a great camp, and activated into Unamba's spot for the interim. Based on one of his Twitter posts (or tweets as the kids these days call them), he said he'd be fine, but that has a range from a few days to a few months I guess. Definitely a key cog and a tough loss if he's out for any amount of time, but losing him in-game is worse than being without him in a new week when we've planned for a replacement, so I don't expect the drop-off that we saw in the defence after he went out to be something that continues.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    That the Esks are even talking about the injury is not a good thing, as they're pretty much only addressing things on a need-to-know basis. This adds some context around the Nick Taylor re-signing. I would expect Brian Walker is promoted from the PR after a great camp, and activated into Unamba's spot for the interim. Based on one of his Twitter posts (or tweets as the kids these days call them), he said he'd be fine, but that has a range from a few days to a few months I guess. Definitely a key cog and a tough loss if he's out for any amount of time, but losing him in-game is worse than being without him in a new week when we've planned for a replacement, so I don't expect the drop-off that we saw in the defence after he went out to be something that continues.
    The fact that the Esks felt compelled to bring back Nick Taylor, tells me Unamba's injury is a longer term one. As in 6 gamed. If all it was is he has a good bruise and needs a weak to rest, you'd pull a guy up from the practice roster for 1 game.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

The fact that the Esks felt compelled to bring back Nick Taylor, tells me Unamba's injury is a longer term one. As in 6 gamed. If all it was is he has a good bruise and needs a weak to rest, you'd pull a guy up from the practice roster for 1 game.
    Agreed with that. It's likely 6-game list with hopes for an early pull if he heals quickly. I'm just thinking it's not into the 9+ games/season ending variety because he did walk off and even took pictures with his fans after the game. That doesn't strike me as the actions of someone expecting to be out for half a season or more.

6-game list at the beginning of the season isn't always a bad thing for higher paid players as it allows you to break in other players before the rest of the league is clicking and save some cap money, but you get the guy back for when the games tighten up.

vCash

Taylor was signed to the Practice Roster, not to the active roster. We had an extra spot available after Roy was poached.

Nobody seems to be overly excited that Jovan Santos-Knox was also practicing today; that bodes well for our defense as he was talked about in NFL circles before his injury. If he can regain that form, we should do alright; and we can see how long The President is out for.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Taylor was signed to the Practice Roster, not to the active roster. We had an extra spot available after Roy was poached.

Nobody seems to be overly excited that Jovan Santos-Knox was also practicing today; that bodes well for our defense as he was talked about in NFL circles before his injury. If he can regain that form, we should do alright; and we can see how long The President is out for.
    I'm excited for JSK's debut!

As attractive as the starting three of JSK, Dean and Unamba is/was, through camp, I was really impressed with the depth that we have. With the ability to use Vontae Diggs, Korey Jones, and Brian Walker, at least for a few games at a time, it's a pretty decent fallback position if tested.

Hopefully, we see Bazzie back this week too.

vCash

What I've seen of Unamba in the short time he's played I pegged him to be the star of the D... Sad he could be out a while.. I'd love to see Dean, Knox and him all at once.

vCash

Looking forward to Knox hopefully back in the line-up this Friday.

And I'm hoping we see Davaris playing this week as well.

vCash

No surprise here.

vCash

A no-brainer, but nice to see us take both #1 and #2! And both on offense, no less. That doesn't happen very often.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Looking forward to Knox hopefully back in the line-up this Friday.

And I'm hoping we see Davaris playing this week as well.
    Who we taking out for Daniels?

vCash

Anyone know when we might hear about Unamba? I think he was going for an MRI which doesn't sound good.

vCash

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know when we might hear about Unamba? I think he was going for an MRI which doesn't sound good.
    I suspect we won't hear anything official until we have to turn in our depth chart on Thursday. Keeps the opposition guessing.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I know right and then if he wins the pool he'll be UNSUFFERABLE it's like he's Regina George from mean girls...
    He's way more fetch than Regina...
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    A no-brainer, but nice to see us take both #1 and #2! And both on offense, no less. That doesn't happen very often.
    Yes... and no. The exclusion of Tre Roberson, and his 3 Interceptions is a tough call to swallow, as he was amply worthy too. Taking nothing away from those that were given the nod of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Who we taking out for Daniels?
    If Daniels is good to go, likely Elliott comes off the 46, but since he was a scratch last game, they'd have to find someone else to scratch instead, so it's likely a bit of a domino effect, as you're not taking off Stafford, Collins or Ellingson... and you're not having Hunter step in for Robinson on punt returns I'm sure. Robinson could be one candidate to come off if they have someone else in the existing roster that they're confident in, but I don't think so. I would think the more likely case is scratching someone on the defensive side of the ball that was in a backup role. Who that is, likely depends on other factors, such as whether Bazzie and Santos-Knox are good to go and whether you're fully confident in them being able to stand up to a whole game or whether there's some "load management" to borrow the recent trendy descriptor.

We could leave the ratio deployment intact if we plan to have the receivers on a rotation, or when going with four import receivers, we put in CmC for Gable. We could also look to revert to a Canadian at Safety, push Hunter back to DB, and go with 4 import receivers and 1 Canadian receiver.

I'm guessing that we'll hear something when the roll out the roster on Thursday, but likely not beforehand. Maas isn't a fan of talking about injuries, and the media generally know not to ask for updates. Agreed that an MRI sounds worrisome, but hopefully, it's just something that is taking a look at the severity of something and not a precursor to surgery.

vCash

What ever happened to Brandon's Bro coming here for TC ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    What ever happened to Brandon's Bro coming here for TC ?
    Shane Zylstra is reportedly on the Esks negotiation list, but he's still got another year of NCAA eligibility, having redshirted in 2015 and played the past three years.

I think he's expected to draw some NFL interest potentially.

vCash

The good news is Reilly only attacks 25 yards down the field anyway
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    He's way more fetch than Regina...
    I know what each of those words means, but I have no idea what the sentence means.

Please do not take this as an invitation to explain. Something tells me I'll be happier in my current state of ignorance.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

He keeps trying to make fetch happen. It's not gonna happen.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I know what each of those words means, but I have no idea what the sentence means.

Please do not take this as an invitation to explain. Something tells me I'll be happier in my current state of ignorance.
    I would say its young guy lingo but I know Boydo and........ well...............ummm.
    #PizStrong

vCash

All I'll say is I received rep from Boydo and I was 16 when that movie came out so it was perfectly fine for *me* to watch it many times for scientific reasons.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Good article here on the Eskimos Director of Football Operations, Kris Hagerman. Good detail and outline of his roles and responsibilities for the team.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Bad news is that's where 41 hangs out
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    41 hasn't had any work to do tonight...
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Good for him. Really didn’t have many chances to throw at him because he was on his ass most of the night.