Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 1770

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,767
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Glad they did it right away. It was inevitable! And who can forget...

    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking end zone.. FRED. STAMPS. TOUCHDOWN!!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ru8mSib-k (go to 4:46)

    I love that they featured basically Ray's complete career set of rushes on that Esks promo video
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,091
    vCash
    20782
    Rep Power
    263

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Glad they did it right away. It was inevitable! And who can forget...

    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking end zone.. FRED. STAMPS. TOUCHDOWN!!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ru8mSib-k (go to 4:46)

    I love that they featured basically Ray's complete career set of rushes on that Esks promo video
    I was at that game with my dad who was up visiting I wasn't a season ticket holder then but God that one was fun.
    In Rod we trust

  3. #513
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,660
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    89

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Yeesh...the ink is barely dry on Ricky's retirement papers and he's going on the Wall? Not that he doesn't deserve it...just sayin. Maybe Tillman (patooie!!) could come and present him with something...
    I think he deserves to be there, just not this soon....

  4. #514
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,332
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    As far as Ray goes, he definitely deserves a spot on the wall. Maybe just not this soon? I will say this about him...

    1. He always did look like a baby giraffe learning to walk when he ran the ball.
    2. When catching a pass from him it felt like he was right beside you dropping the ball in your hands. An amazing touch on the ball every time. (Whereas you get some guys like...oh say...Jyles and your hands would sting and your gloves would be twisted on your fingers IF he got the ball close enough to you to catch)
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  5. #515
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,091
    vCash
    20782
    Rep Power
    263

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    We have added ���� OL J'Michael Deane to the active roster and ���� OL Kwabena Asare to the practice roster.
    In Rod we trust

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,716
    vCash
    11626
    Rep Power
    1155

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    We have added ���� OL J'Michael Deane to the active roster and ���� OL Kwabena Asare to the practice roster.
    Well... some CFL playing experience with Deane. Hopefully he can help us out until we get healthy.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  7. #517
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,446
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    596

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    We have added ���� OL J'Michael Deane to the active roster and ���� OL Kwabena Asare to the practice roster.
    It takes two to replace MOD. Asare returns after being on our PR for 2017 &18. iirc he was released by us after training camp this year, seem to recall him being picked up by the Riders . Will know our system.

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,748
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    192

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    MOD is a tough loss but kudos to Saxelid for stepping up last week. Hopefully he can continue as this week. Laing is tough to handle but the Argos are also playing an undersized Freddie Bishop at DT so they are just asking to get run on. As they have been this season...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,091
    vCash
    20782
    Rep Power
    263

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    MOD is a tough loss but kudos to Saxelid for stepping up last week. Hopefully he can continue as this week. Laing is tough to handle but the Argos are also playing an undersized Freddie Bishop at DT so they are just asking to get run on. As they have been this season...
    Good thing we're playing Montreal this week
    In Rod we trust

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,748
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    192

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Good thing we're playing Montreal this week


    Well...someone is a week ahead of themselves..
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  11. #521
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,091
    vCash
    20782
    Rep Power
    263

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post


    Well...someone is a week ahead of themselves..
    cb0.jpg
    In Rod we trust

  12. #522
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,504
    vCash
    675
    Rep Power
    361

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I think he deserves to be there, just not this soon....
    Why? Can you state your case?

    To me, 30 years from now, Ricky is a guy that many of us will be talking about having seen play in Edmonton. There aren't many that would deserve special consideration for early induction (and I agree, it's early), but a player of his

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    We have added ���� OL J'Michael Deane to the active roster and ���� OL Kwabena Asare to the practice roster.
    I'm a little surprised by this move - I really thought that they'd turn to Bond.

    To me, this really shows a lot of confidence in Saxelid, but also a strong desire to continue to dress 4 starting American receivers against Montreal.

    I will be interested, performance this week aside, whether they shift the roster the following week to counter, as Stamphater pointed out, having a more proven DT matching up on the RG.

    Glad to see Asare back in the fold!

  13. #523
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,475
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    102

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Who else deserves to be on the wall of honor?

    Jim Germany for me.

  14. #524
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,332
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Who else deserves to be on the wall of honor?

    Jim Germany for me.
    Word!
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  15. #525
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,716
    vCash
    11626
    Rep Power
    1155

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Who else deserves to be on the wall of honor?

    Jim Germany for me.
    Yes for Jim Germany.
    I don't know if they should be on the wall, but if I had the only vote, Ron Forwick, Jim "Long Gone" Thomas and Joe Hollimon would be up there.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  16. #526

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Glad they did it right away. It was inevitable! And who can forget...

    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking end zone.. FRED. STAMPS. TOUCHDOWN!!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ru8mSib-k (go to 4:46)

    I love that they featured basically Ray's complete career set of rushes on that Esks promo video
    Still one of my all time favorite Eskimo memories!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I think he deserves to be there, just not this soon....
    I disagree that it's too soon. To me, the timing of this acknowledges the fact that the Eskimos should have never let him get away in the first place.

  17. #527
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,924
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    816

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Glad they did it right away. It was inevitable! And who can forget...

    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking end zone.. FRED. STAMPS. TOUCHDOWN!!"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ru8mSib-k (go to 4:46)

    I love that they featured basically Ray's complete career set of rushes on that Esks promo video
    Except that one at Empire Stadium where he looked like moses and ran for 45 yards on his way to a 135 yard rushing game.
    #PizStrong

  18. #528
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,905
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    To me, the timing of this acknowledges the fact that the Eskimos should have never let him get away for a kicker in the first place.
    Agreed

  19. #529
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,767
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    300

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Except that one at Empire Stadium where he looked like moses and ran for 45 yards on his way to a 135 yard rushing game.
    Yeah, that was at Tempire. I was there. First time I've ever felt I was watching a slow motion replay, live
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  20. #530
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    4,504
    vCash
    675
    Rep Power
    361

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Yeah, that was at Tempire. I was there. First time I've ever felt I was watching a slow motion replay, live
    That was a fun night!

    CFL.ca doesn't show Ricky as having any rushing stats prior to 2005 (which I don't believe to be true), but he had 2557 career rushing yards since then, and a 5.0 ypc average. Not saying that they were the flashiest of yards, by any stretch, but interesting to see 83-353-9 in 2005 and 91-469-9 in 2006. His big night in 2010 was about 40% of his full season rushing total that year.

  21. #531
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    2,937
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    If you don’t like Ray being up on the wall “this early” you’re insane. The guy is one of the best Eskimos to ever lace them up. I’d argue there’s a few numbers that deserve to be 100% retired. 15 is one.

    Also, can we get Jason Tucker up on the Wall?

  22. #532
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,924
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    816

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Yeah, that was at Tempire. I was there. First time I've ever felt I was watching a slow motion replay, live
    I used to have Ricky Ray like speed back in the day. Caught a ball in the flat once, looked up and saw nothing but grass and endzone, which was about 50 yards away. Unfortunately I had to run by our bench and I can still hear the comment to this day "Run Lonnie................OH, YOU ARE!!!!"
    #PizStrong

  23. #533
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,332
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I used to have Ricky Ray like speed back in the day. Caught a ball in the flat once, looked up and saw nothing but grass and endzone, which was about 50 yards away. Unfortunately I had to run by our bench and I can still hear the comment to this day "Run Lonnie................OH, YOU ARE!!!!"
    Lol!!! Was Mr. Mack still coaching then?
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  24. #534
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,924
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    816

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Lol!!! Was Mr. Mack still coaching then?
    Red Headed fella Mr Sauer???? and Mr. Belyay I think it was
    #PizStrong

  25. #535
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,716
    vCash
    11626
    Rep Power
    1155

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Red Headed fella Mr Sauer???? and Mr. Belyay I think it was
    Very uncommon surname. I had a teacher in Jr. High in Sherwood Park with that name. Not sure if it was spelled the same though... many years ago.
    When I played ball as a kid, I always felt like I was running in slow motion when I got the ball. In reality, I probably was
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  26. #536
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,924
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    816

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Very uncommon surname. I had a teacher in Jr. High in Sherwood Park with that name. Not sure if it was spelled the same though... many years ago.
    When I played ball as a kid, I always felt like I was running in slow motion when I got the ball. In reality, I probably was
    Ya, I'm not sure on the spelling either but I relate to your running comment. To bash myself a little more, I was playing flag football a few years back and was going full steam down field when I guy dove straight at me but missed the flag. I never broke stride but he manage to collect himself off the ground and catch me LONG before I made the endzone
    #PizStrong

  27. #537
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,313
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    152

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    If you don’t like Ray being up on the wall “this early” you’re insane. The guy is one of the best Eskimos to ever lace them up. I’d argue there’s a few numbers that deserve to be 100% retired. 15 is one.

    Also, can we get Jason Tucker up on the Wall?
    Agreed that it's not too early and congrats to him. Richly deserved IMO.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  28. #538
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,332
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Red Headed fella Mr Sauer???? and Mr. Belyay I think it was
    Ohhhh Mr. Belyay... I think Mack was a bit before your time! Lol.
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

  29. #539
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,924
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    816

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Ohhhh Mr. Belyay... I think Mack was a bit before your time! Lol.
    possible but I don't think you were that far ahead of me as I graduated in 94
    #PizStrong

  30. #540
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,332
    vCash
    0
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    183

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    possible but I don't think you were that far ahead of me as I graduated in 94
    True - and we all know my memory isn't what it used to be!!
    Well, gentlemen, by all means, I think we ought to have an introspective moment of silence for poor old Tin-Tin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •