Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

For a first year player, I'm loving the attitude and awareness of Diggs.
    Hard not to cheer for this guy!!!!
    #PizStrong

vCash

Who's eligible to come back this week from the 6 game?

Also, very curious on Santos-Knox and Bazzie. Are they insurance policies at this point?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EsksTMac View Post
    Who's eligible to come back this week from the 6 game?

Also, very curious on Santos-Knox and Bazzie. Are they insurance policies at this point?
    SVR, Peter Cender, Andrew Marshall and Josh Stangby were all added to the 6 game list before the first game, there for are eligible this week. As far as I know Stangby has been the only one practicing but I guess we'll see as the week goes. Unamba and Orange are eligible for practice this week but not eligible to play until next game.
    #PizStrong

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Who is Maas kidding?
    The game on Saturday is the biggest game of the season so far....

vCash

For a first year player, I'm loving the attitude and awareness of Diggs.
    Diggs has played great all year, and has some swagger. Santos-Knox will have to earn playing time back if he is ever healthy as Diggs has been a big part of our defense.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    Diggs has played great all year, and has some swagger. Santos-Knox will have to earn playing time back if he is ever healthy as Diggs has been a big part of our defense.
    Love Diggs' motor the play an be 20 yards away he still keeps going. Honestly he's become one of my faves
    In Rod we trust

vCash

The Stamps are beatable this year. If the Esks bring their A game and avoid penalties, they win this one.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bobby View Post
    The Stamps are beatable this year. If the Esks bring their A game and avoid penalties, they win this one.
    Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, as it has been awhile since we've gone into Calgary and come out with two points... but I think we stand a decent chance with our B game even.

Greenwood has been better than I had expected, and the continued emergence of Roberson, along with young DBs Robertson Daniels and Deshawn Amos is impressive, but between turnover and injuries, they shouldn't be a measuring stick for us in most ways. With a healthy BLM and Don Jackson, perhaps that changes a bit, but with Jamar Wall missing last game and Kadeem Carey going down to what looked to be a fairly bad injury, we're catching them far from their peak roster.

vCash

I agree that we have a good shot in Calgary. But let's realize that our basis of comparison so far this year includes three of our four wins against the teams that have demonstrated themselves to be clear bottom feeders. I'm optimistic, but I'm eager to see how the new young guns do against stiffer competition at McMahon.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I'm cautiously optimistic that we come out of there with a win. ST are better this year as is our defence. We're going to have more than field goals from our offence though. Weather looks to be ideal for the game.

vCash

One of those reminders to training camp cuts... stay in shape and by the phone - you never know when you might get the call back up.

vCash

Morley Scott
    @Morley_Scott
    Daniels, Gable, Unamba and Orange. Some injured players have returned to work for the #Esks Orange and Unamba still have a game left on 6 game inj list #CFL
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Morley Scott
    @Morley_Scott
    Daniels, Gable, Unamba and Orange. Some injured players have returned to work for the #Esks Orange and Unamba still have a game left on 6 game inj list #CFL
    Great news. It will be interesting to see how we juggle the roster once these guys are healthy and ready to return.

vCash

One of those reminders to training camp cuts... stay in shape and by the phone - you never know when you might get the call back up.
    Both of those guys were at Camp this year, as were Nick Taylor and Kwabena Asare. All 4 got placed on the PR again after being cut or retiring, and Taylor is now on the 46 - definitely never know when you might get that shot!
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Morley Scott
    @Morley_Scott
    It’s going to be real tough for Orange to regain his CB job given how well Josh Johnson has been playing.,
    And will Unamba be able to regain his job from Diggs?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Y

It’s going to be real tough for Orange to regain his CB job given how well Josh Johnson has been playing.,
    Diggs is playing for Knox, Unamba will be taking Walkers spot when he comes back. As far as Orange goes, I'm guessing Glass will be the odd man out to get him back in
    #PizStrong

vCash

Y

Yeah the play of Diggs and Johnson means that Maas will have some tough decisions to make.

Brock really did a hell of a good job in finding young talent this year.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Diggs is playing for Knox, Unamba will be taking Walkers spot when he comes back. As far as Orange goes, I'm guessing Glass will be the odd man out to get him back in
    My bad, should have realized it would be Walker out!

vCash

Y

can he play halfback or more Johnson to replace Money Hunter? Can we get Unamba and Diggs on the roster?

- - - Updated - - -

Walker's been solid I wouldn't worry if someone goes down and he has to come back in.
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Yeah the play of Diggs and Johnson means that Maas will have some tough decisions to make.

Brock really did a hell of a good job in finding young talent this year.
    Harumph!
    RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

vCash

no that indeed is NOT good news
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I agree that we have a good shot in Calgary. But let's realize that our basis of comparison so far this year includes three of our four wins against the teams that have demonstrated themselves to be clear bottom feeders. I'm optimistic, but I'm eager to see how the new young guns do against stiffer competition at McMahon.
    Stamps are similar in that 3 of their 4 wins are against the Lions, Redblacks and Argos and none of them were particularly convincing. There only good performance of the season was that demolition of the Riders.

Both teams are in a bit of a prove it situation with better opposition this week.

Fun stat: the Lions have been obliterated in the court of public opinion, and rightfully so, for giving up 3.6 sacks per game. Not nearly talked about as much is the Stamps are 2nd worst at 3.2, so we should be able to cause fits in the backfield.

Of course, teams really clean up their act when they play us so I’m sure they won’t be committing obvious holding infractions that go ignored...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Stamps are similar in that 3 of their 4 wins are against the Lions, Redblacks and Argos and none of them were particularly convincing. There only good performance of the season was that demolition of the Riders.

Both teams are in a bit of a prove it situation with better opposition this week.

Fun stat: the Lions have been obliterated in the court of public opinion, and rightfully so, for giving up 3.6 sacks per game. Not nearly talked about as much is the Stamps are 2nd worst at 3.2, so we should be able to cause fits in the backfield.

Of course, teams really clean up their act when they play us so Im sure they wont be committing obvious holding infractions that go ignored...
    Good one.

vCash

Ffs can’t we catch a break in the injury department? CMT went to the room in the 2nd quarter & didn’t return, while Walton was shaken up but did return.
    Hopefully all of Ellingson, King & Johnson are just maintenance days as I don’t recall any of them going down during the game.

vCash

Two LB's injured, likely why we added two D players to the PR today. Might need a new body on ST's. Wondering if Brock has received any interest from other teams in regards to our roster with so many D players close to coming back. Toronto has been trying to move Shawn Lemon according to 3DownNation without any takers yet. Likely not much interest in Bazzie then. Could be if we have to release a big contract player then other teams might wait and try to sign them at a lower salary.

vCash

It may not even be him - while he's the logical position-for-position swap, it might be Jonathon Walton that comes out, after his emergence likely led to the release of Korey Jones. With Walker (and Josh Johnson and Tquwan Glass) having the versatility to play different positions, there are lots of moving parts and different configurations we could look at.

vCash

vCash

Argos acquire Zack Collaros.

That's seems crazy.