Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Esks release DL Darius Jackson
    Quarles and Jackson both released in the last couple of days. Leaves Bazzie as the only import D lineman not on the active roster. Happy with the status quo, or bringing in someone new ????? David Perkins still on the suspended list and he was highly regarded when joining the team late in training camp.

vCash

What is the deal with Bazzie, anyone know? The Esks have played 3 games and he's been 1 gamed every week. Vets don't play much in camp. He was the big free agent signing last year and I haven't heard a peep about him.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    What is the deal with Bazzie, anyone know? The Esks have played 3 games and he's been 1 gamed every week. Vets don't play much in camp. He was the big free agent signing last year and I haven't heard a peep about him.
    I, honestly think Usher beat him out for the starter job. Usher seems much more physical than Bazzie, if only he can control his penalties though. Likely a big hit on the SMS keeping Bazzie one gamed, but maybe he is nicked.

vCash

Here Q let me know if this loads up for you

parking.jpg
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Just released Bobo and Jordan Robinson, must be starting to get some healthy bodies back.

Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Just released Bobo and Jordan Robinson, must be starting to get some healthy bodies back.
    Robinson doesn't surprise me
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I am not surprised by Robinson either. He seems to look good in preseason then when he's up against starters doesn't do a lot.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I am not surprised by Robinson either. He seems to look good in preseason then when he's up against starters doesn't do a lot.
    Good speed no technique. Sometimes the raw talent can't catch up with the skill level needed. He wasn't an embarassment to have on the field but there are definately many better ones.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Robinson was Meh for me, he's OK in a pinch but not a game breaker. Cooper is a far better prospect in my eyes and probably the reason he was let go.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Robinson was Meh for me, he's OK in a pinch but not a game breaker. Cooper is a far better prospect in my eyes and probably the reason he was let go.
    Cooper & Bond both moved to the PR today. I thought we might see Cooper slot in at KR and backup RB. Not yet.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    I, honestly think Usher beat him out for the starter job. Usher seems much more physical than Bazzie, if only he can control his penalties though. Likely a big hit on the SMS keeping Bazzie one gamed, but maybe he is nicked.
    Bazzie added to the depth chart for the Lions game!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Bazzie added to the depth chart for the Lions game!
    Wonder if he will be the game scratch ? Haven't noticed him being much of a run stopper and BC will likely give us a big dose of John White inside early , plus swing passes to slow down our pass rush. With 41 & 28 playing side by side Reilly will likely test them deep.

vCash

A little disappointed to see Robinson straight up released as I thought he did have potential to become a contributor on offense but just couldn't get it done on special teams.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    A little disappointed to see Robinson straight up released as I thought he did have potential to become a contributor on offense but just couldn't get it done on special teams.
    You know how it works with Brock. The bridge never seems to be burnt. He may have been cut, but could very be back two weeks from now if someone gets hurt.

vCash

I was surprised and disappointed with the Robinson release. He's a good kid that fit in well and I felt had a lot of potential as a versatile weapon. Understandably, he wasn't going to beat out Gable or cut into his touches, but I still remember his TD last season on a screen pass and the speed showed to get the corner I expect he'll be picked up elsewhere.

That Bond will take a PR spot, and that the Esks would risk exposing him there with their lack of roster depth at the position, I believe is a show of how much he wants to stay in Edm - and both sides know it. Much like Bazzie and Daniels, he's a veteran putting team first and buying into what Maas is preaching.

vCash

Hopefully Daniels is actually active and playing tonight. He is a top 10 receiver in this league when healthy and we need a few more weapons in order to make our offence more dynamic. I see his addition being similar to a couple seasons ago when the Eskimos finally went with four import receivers and started playing Zylstra rather than a non-import.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I was surprised and disappointed with the Robinson release. He's a good kid that fit in well and I felt had a lot of potential as a versatile weapon. Understandably, he wasn't going to beat out Gable or cut into his touches, but I still remember his TD last season on a screen pass and the speed showed to get the corner I expect he'll be picked up elsewhere.

That Bond will take a PR spot, and that the Esks would risk exposing him there with their lack of roster depth at the position, I believe is a show of how much he wants to stay in Edm - and both sides know it. Much like Bazzie and Daniels, he's a veteran putting team first and buying into what Maas is preaching.
    If a team poaches him from the PR does he have a say in going?
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    If a team poaches him from the PR does he have a say in going?
    He has to agree to go to the other team before things get set in motion. They can’t just take him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    He has to agree to go to the other team before things get set in motion. They can’t just take him.
    Exactly. They are free to offer him a contract to be on their active roster. It's not like being 'claimed' by another team.

Further, not all practice roster agreements are equal. They count against the cap, and can be anything from the minimum to the player's full salary.

With the ability to play both Guard and Tackle, he would certainly seem to address a need for more than one team in the league... and with O'Donnell potentially out, possibly more than one team that played last night.

vCash
    Blog Entries

We still have J’Micheal Dean on the PR still right? Any word on if he will step in or maybe replace O’Donnell until he is healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    We still have J’Micheal Dean on the PR still right? Any word on if he will step in or maybe replace O’Donnell until he is healthy?
    Too early to tell at this point, we'll have to wait until they hit the field again on Tuesday before we are likely to find anything out. Sounds like there's reason to be optimistic that Matt's injury isn't too significant though, and if he is going to miss any length of time, we'll probably see another body brought on to the PR to replace Dean as he presumably would move up.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Too early to tell at this point, we'll have to wait until they hit the field again on Tuesday before we are likely to find anything out. Sounds like there's reason to be optimistic that Matt's injury isn't too significant though, and if he is going to miss any length of time, we'll probably see another body brought on to the PR to replace Dean as he presumably would move up.
    Presuming O'Donnell misses some time (I think that's a safe guess), Bond is very likely the guy coming in. I don't see Deane playing a more active role unless we have further injuries.

I presume that the need for continuity/putting out your best unit on the O-Line outweighs anything ratio-wise elsewhere. With Bond having proven as durable as anyone, I don't see a reason for the coaches to change their risk/reward decision about only dressing one backup on the O-Line.

While Saxelid did a nice job filling in, there will be lots of little things to clean up from film sessions, and he's going to learn a lot from that experience and be even better for it.

If Collins, who got dinged up, were to benefit from a week off, it would be a logical spot to flip the ratio to allow for Bond back in.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Presuming O'Donnell misses some time (I think that's a safe guess), Bond is very likely the guy coming in. I don't see Deane playing a more active role unless we have further injuries
    Not that I think the Esks are doing this, but seeing that Deane had previously retired, I got thinking, would anything stop a team from putting a few guys like that on their PR to act as positional coaches that wouldn’t fit under the operations cap? The idea makes some sense to me.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
    Not that I think the Esks are doing this, but seeing that Deane had previously retired, I got thinking, would anything stop a team from putting a few guys like that on their PR to act as positional coaches that wouldn’t fit under the operations cap? The idea makes some sense to me.
    I'm sure there is some level of coaching with Deane but I doubt teams would lose a roster spot specifically for that. Having to cut Robinson shows that we already dont have enough spots for the talent we have.

vCash

Further to the news from last week about the new promos.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Esks. just announcing MOD has been placed on the six game injured list.

vCash

ouch

- - - Updated - - -

Rickys going on the wall, what a cool video.

https://www.esks.com/2019/07/16/rick...l-to-the-wall/

https://www.esks.com/2019/07/16/rick...all-of-honour/

If they don't get him and Tuck to connect on one more corner route, they have failed

Last edited by Looner; 07-16-2019 at 10:38 AM.

vCash

Back right around labour day hopefully.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash
    Blog Entries

Yeesh...the ink is barely dry on Ricky's retirement papers and he's going on the Wall? Not that he doesn't deserve it...just sayin. Maybe Tillman (patooie!!) could come and present him with something...
    And there was much rejoicing... yaayyy....