Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1421

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Re-read my comment. Several times if you need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Please refrain from turning this into a place where people behind the anonymity of the internet feel they have license to make derogatory comments implying that someone is incapable of reading or understanding a persons post.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Came for the football, stayed for the dunking.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Just back from Vegas what did I miss.....oh you don't say.....
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

One positive for our Esks we can't lose this weekend unless the bye week beats us lol

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    One positive for our Esks we can't lose this weekend unless the bye week beats us lol
    Yay. Though the possibility of Ottawa, Calgary and Saskatchewan all winning against teams of no consequence for our playoff chance would a loss of sorts.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Yay. Though the possibility of Ottawa, Calgary and Saskatchewan all winning against teams of no consequence for our playoff chance would a loss of sorts.
    Otta are gonna get swept by bc.. that’s how bad otta is

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I think you are right. Both Sinopoli & Pruneau are out for the Redblacks in the first game. I think Jennings is gonna show against his former team, but it won't be enough.

vCash

Agreed, I think Ottawa will be bottom of the standings at year end. They had a couple of bizarre wins against Calgary and Sask to start the year 2-0 but are 1-8 and have looked horrible since.

They really didn’t replace any of the top end players they lost in free agency.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post

They really didn’t replace any of the top end players they lost in free agency.
    Yeah, people talk about Rick Campbell being on the hot seat, but I would think GM Marcel Desjardins is the guy who botched this season for them.

vCash

Oh probably. That's what my pool picks say as well, but if they swept BC that would start to tighten the sphincters of Eskimo fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Ed Hervey getting absolutely obliterated in the insiders column at The Athletic today.

" Small league. We all talk. The coaches at B.C. tell us theyre tired of being bullied and threatened by (Ed) Hervey. When we were in Edmonton with Chris (Jones), that guy (Hervey) changed moods every day. Chris just said, **** him. Ignore him. In B.C. they cant."
    " Id take (Bryan) Chui as my o-line coach before Id take (Ed) Hervey as my GM any day. At the end of the day, B.C. is worse than they were last year, and they have the guy who used to be the best QB in the league. Blame the coaches all he wants, but people in the league know who the incompetent one is in B.C."
    " Im sure his mom loves him, but (Ed Hervey) is not a man Id work for. Hes the exact opposite of what you want in a leader. Leaders take responsibility for their actions, not deflect it from their poor mismanagement."
    " We could play Montreal in the playoffs. Not sure yet, but B.C. wont be playing us or anyone in the playoffs. Who thought that would happen before the season? **** like paying Duron Carter more than they offered their own free agent, Bo Lokombo, has caught up with the Lions."

It appears that youve shut the site down with this post lol. I know Ive tried to comment on it several times but its hard to know what to say exactly, pretty stunning stuff.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    It appears that you’ve shut the site down with this post lol. I know I’ve tried to comment on it several times but it’s hard to know what to say exactly, pretty stunning stuff.
    I've actually hear comments similar to these coming from our own organization, made me change the way I looked at his dismissal.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I've actually hear comments similar to these coming from our own organization, made me change the way I looked at his dismissal.
    I could see anybody who was on the opposite end of a "discussion" with Hervey not liking the guy. He's very a very strong character. It's certainly tougher to assess people's opinions of somebody when that person is in charge of hiring and firing. Tough for people to see a GM's perspective when he's sending you out the door. Often the role is to get production out of the talent, priority one. I wonder how people would perceive a guy like Scotty Bowman if he coached/gm'd in a world of sound bites. I'll bet a lot of his players/associates would have been going off on twitter about him.

I think it's important for anyone in a job to be adaptive (especially in the early years). I think we've seen some of that with Jason Maas - some would say not enough. Perhaps the same applies to Ed?

vCash

I'm just waiting for Diesel to fly in here and defend Ed...

Diesel, you're up!

vCash

I don't see that happening. But I'll give it a half-hearted swing.

I don't think all the problems in BC are Ed's fault; that's too easy. When something falls apart, the abrasive personality often suddenly becomes the problem, when before he was just being himself, or being strong. None of us saw the O-line collapsing at the beginning of the season either; it's like it came out of left field. Once it happened, there just weren't any easy solutions with dollars locked down and potential new players already on other rosters.

My opinion of Hervey isn't as high as it used to be, but it isn't nearly as low as the press he's getting now.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post

My opinion of Hervey isn't as high as it used to be, but it isn't nearly as low as the press he's getting now.
    If given the time, Ed will build a winner in BC. Much like the situation in Edmonton, some stability is needed to get the franchise moving in the right direction.

vCash

The GM hires the coach but I believe the coach is usually the guy who decides on the coordinators and assistants. Claybrooks is a rookie head coach.

- He has Jackson who's only going into his second year as an OC.
    - His special teams coach came from Calgary and this is his first year as the teams coordinator. Before that he was the Stamps strength and conditioning coach and a special teams assistant.
    - Drew Tate is the QB coach, this is his first year coaching.
    - Nik Lewis is the running backs coach, his first year.
    - Ryan Phillips is the DB coach and his first year.
    - Chris Ellis is the Dline coach and it's his first year coaching in the CFL.
    - Keith Stokes is the Special teams and offensive assistant. He's another first year coach.
    - Brian Chui was the offensive line coach. Even he didn't have a lot of experience.

So there is a lot of inexperienced coaches on that team and when you are inexperienced, mistakes will happen. So I would bet that has some to do with some of the problems.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 09-13-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

The GM hires the coach but I believe the coach is usually the guy who decides on the coordinators and assistants. Claybrooks is a rookie head coach.

- His special teams coach came from Calgary and this is his first year as the teams coordinator. Before that he was the Stamps strength and conditioning coach and a special teams assistant.
    - Keith Stokes is the Special teams and offensive assistant. He's another first year coach.
    - Brian Chui was the offensive line coach. Even he didn't have a lot of experience.

So there is a lot of inexperienced coaches on that team and when you are inexperienced, mistakes will happen. So I would bet that has some to do with some of the problems.
    Good points. How many of the guys in Jones first year were also newcomers. I don't recall.

vCash

Morley Scott's new E-pod is up

Craig Ellis spent his best football years with the Eskimos. But his story before he landed in Edmonton is a winding road through the streets of South Central Los Angeles, where he was born and raised through a trouble college career and several stops in the NFL. It took a while for Craig to find the right football fit, but when he did, he produced Hall of Fame numbers for four seasons in green and gold.

Ellis tells the story of a letter from Bill Walsh...a letter he did not read for over 30 years. He owns up to some bad choices that derailed his career couple of times and shares what he's doing to help his old neighbourhoods back in L.A.

A half time Blake Dermott, a teammate of Ellis with the Eskimos, talks about how talented he was...but also how he had trouble with song lyrics.

Link here:
    https://omny.fm/shows/the-e-pod/form...er-craig-ellis

vCash

I actually think this has more to do with it then Ed does. My opinion on Ed's GM abilities has softened a bit this year but I still believe he knows how to build a winner. The problem is that he's going to ruffle some feathers along the way and when you are losing, those are the things people won't look past.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I actually think this has more to do with it then Ed does. My opinion on Ed's GM abilities has softened a bit this year but I still believe he knows how to build a winner. The problem is that he's going to ruffle some feathers along the way and when you are losing, those are the things people won't look past.
    I wasn't trying to pin all the blame on the BC coaches. When a team is underperforming, IMO you have to look at the GM who put the team together. Did he sign the right guys, let the right guys go, address the holes on the team properly? Part of it falls on the players for not performing and as I said, part of it is on the coaches. When you have a young coaching staff learning themselves, mistakes are going to happen. Are they putting together the right game plan that caters to the strengths of the team? Are the coaches making the right adjustments, etc. So I think it's a combination of all 3 in BC.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Somehow I don't see how Mike is benefiting from Drew Tate as a QB coach.... I'd even venture further that if the BC Oline ever gets their act together and gives Mike the time he was used to getting here they'll be dangerous. The BC Oline isn't used to his timing because they've had quick release QB's for the last how many years?
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

It seems like the BC offense has no creativity. When Hughes was working over Foucoult, they should have brought in some other formations to minimize the impact. Go double tight or with a bunch formation. Bring a slot into the box on occasion to provide protection. Have the slot chip off the DE. Get some fullback help, etc..

Hervey blamed Chiu for everything, but to me the formations an offense is using falls to the offensive coordinator.

You shouldn't lose the game because a DE is better than the OT. Good teams find ways to help a mismatch. BC seems like they go with the same 5 OL and 1 RB blocking scheme every play.

Releasing one of the league's best fullbacks in Lombala during camp and relying on White to offer protection who has done a terrible job didn't help either.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Morley Scott's new E-pod is up

Craig Ellis spent his best football years with the Eskimos. But his story before he landed in Edmonton is a winding road through the streets of South Central Los Angeles, where he was born and raised through a trouble college career and several stops in the NFL. It took a while for Craig to find the right football fit, but when he did, he produced Hall of Fame numbers for four seasons in green and gold.

Ellis tells the story of a letter from Bill Walsh...a letter he did not read for over 30 years. He owns up to some bad choices that derailed his career couple of times and shares what he's doing to help his old neighbourhoods back in L.A.

A half time Blake Dermott, a teammate of Ellis’ with the Eskimos, talks about how talented he was...but also how he had trouble with song lyrics.

Link here:
    https://omny.fm/shows/the-e-pod/form...er-craig-ellis
    One of my ALL TIME favourite eskimos.. I even wore his number when I played..

Def gonna give this a listen !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Childress View Post
    It seems like the BC offense has no creativity. When Hughes was working over Foucoult, they should have brought in some other formations to minimize the impact. Go double tight or with a bunch formation. Bring a slot into the box on occasion to provide protection. Have the slot chip off the DE. Get some fullback help, etc..

Hervey blamed Chiu for everything, but to me the formations an offense is using falls to the offensive coordinator.

You shouldn't lose the game because a DE is better than the OT. Good teams find ways to help a mismatch. BC seems like they go with the same 5 OL and 1 RB blocking scheme every play.

Releasing one of the league's best fullbacks in Lombala during camp and relying on White to offer protection who has done a terrible job didn't help either.

U have a lot of truth in this post but I have to say white can block. One of the best blocking rbs I’ve seen around.. he ain’t afraid to put his nose in..

vCash

I wasn't trying to pin all the blame on the BC coaches. When a team is underperforming, IMO you have to look at the GM who put the team together. Did he sign the right guys, let the right guys go, address the holes on the team properly? Part of it falls on the players for not performing and as I said, part of it is on the coaches. When you have a young coaching staff learning themselves, mistakes are going to happen. Are they putting together the right game plan that caters to the strengths of the team? Are the coaches making the right adjustments, etc. So I think it's a combination of all 3 in BC.
    Oh I agree, its not all on the coaches.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Somehow I don't see how Mike is benefiting from Drew Tate as a QB coach.... I'd even venture further that if the BC Oline ever gets their act together and gives Mike the time he was used to getting here they'll be dangerous. The BC Oline isn't used to his timing because they've had quick release QB's for the last how many years?

I wouldn’t say ( outside of jarious Jackson ) mikes time here was filed with outstanding qb coaches..

He did have maas though

Bc would love Jmaas.....
    let’s hope they don’t have the chance to get him

vCash

vCash

vCash

Tyquan Glass seems to me to be the new Bryant Mitchell.