Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

Sure doesn’t say much about his compete level when he gets beat out by a guy who wasn’t even in the league last season...
    You’d have to think that the Esks will look around the league & see if another QB comes available after cuts are made.

vCash

I wonder if we have another QB waiting in the wings. We traditionally go with a 4th QB on the PR.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I wonder if we have another QB waiting in the wings. We traditionally go with a 4th QB on the PR.
    Ya that's what I'm thinking as well.... guess we'll see
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Might we revisit Eli Jenkins?

Forgot how he fared during camp. Grasping concepts

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Sure doesn’t say much about his compete level when he gets beat out by a guy who wasn’t even in the league last season...
    You’d have to think that the Esks will look around the league & see if another QB comes available after cuts are made.
    Ray pipes up to shock everyone.. and have one more kick at the can in Esks colors with his buddy Maas

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Ray pipes up to shock everyone.. and have one more kick at the can in Esks colors with his buddy Maas
    Oh man, I would pay a lot of money to see that happen!
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Just to add a veteran backup do they give Glenn another chance ?

It just wouldn’t be Eskimo training camp without someone blowing an achillies I guess.

All the best to Anthony on his recovery.

vCash

I just saw on Facebook the O’Brien release is official. Kilgore must have made a good impression as O’Brien seemed to be the shoe-in before camp and is someone who seems to know the offence well. I do wonder if another arm is coming.

vCash

I’m surprised only in the sense that OBrien seemed to be a Maas guy, but he put up a 2.4 yards per attempt game on Friday night. A 28 year old qb has to show more than that to stick around.

vCash

Hmmmm, I seem to remember getting into a "debate" but really it's a few posters telling me how wrong I am about O'Brien and how I thought he was nothing more than at best a 3rd string QB who can hold. Going into this season, it was his best opportunity to move up and be the Esks #2. Being a vet of the team and knowing the offence, he should have had the inside track. But I see he's been cut. So it seems I was right AGAIN. https://www.esks.com/2019/06/02/eskimos-release-obrien/
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

----

Anyone got to fan day this year? How was it?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Hmmmm, I seem to remember getting into a "debate" but really it's a few posters telling me how wrong I am about O'Brien and how I thought he was nothing more than at best a 3rd string QB who can hold. Going into this season, it was his best opportunity to move up and be the Esks #2. Being a vet of the team and knowing the offence, he should have had the inside track. But I see he's been cut. So it seems I was right AGAIN. https://www.esks.com/2019/06/02/eskimos-release-obrien/
    Yes. You obviously know more than the head coach that believed in him, kept him around for two seasons, and brought him back to compete this year, passing up on other players that could he could have used the roster spot on. It's amazing that you aren't employed in coaching or management in the CFL.

It became fairly apparent, as camp moved on, and through the exhibition games, that he hadn't progressed like the coaches had hoped/believed he would. It can't be an easy thing to cut a guy that they've invested in, regardless of whether you 'knew it all along' - especially when he has a strong relationship with the starter and adds value with the install of the offence that is new to Harris.

#BlindSquirrelFindsANut

vCash

I think that sums it up.

-------------------------------

vCash

In response to a suggestion of bringing in a vet National receiver, the only two names that come to mind (free agents that have yet to sign with anyone) are Rob Bagg & Devon Bailey. Perhaps they are anticipating a cast off from another club because the pickings are slim right now.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 06-02-2019 at 05:49 PM.

vCash

vCash

Hahaha, you kill me Q, your need to be right far outweighs your love of the team. If we are splitting hairs I could go back through your posts and find several instances of you being wrong as well. I have no issue with saying I was wrong on this one as I had hoped his physical skills were going to catch up to his mental ones but they seemingly didn't. Danny played a role on our team in and in our lockerrooom the last 2 years, that don't show up in the stats column. While I feel it was time to move on from him, I wont roll the buss over him on the way out.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Hahaha, you kill me Q, your need to be right far outweighs your love of the team. If we are splitting hairs I could go back through your posts and find several instances of you being wrong as well. I have no issue with saying I was wrong on this one as I had hoped his physical skills were going to catch up to his mental ones but they seemingly didn't. Danny played a role on our team in and in our lockerrooom the last 2 years, that don't show up in the stats column. While I feel it was time to move on from him, I wont roll the buss over him on the way out.
    OILER!!!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    OILER!!!
    Hahahaha

vCash
    Blog Entries

Anybody know what Obriens salary was does this save us any on cap space

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Anybody know what Obriens salary was does this save us any on cap space
    I'm sure it saves a little space as he's been around the CFL for 5 years. So I doubt he was making peanuts.

vCash

I don't really care if I am right or wrong but in this instance when I was raked over the coals by you and GWN who's still doing it now, I wanted to make a point to point it out. The guy was in the league for 5 seasons, on 2 teams being primarily a 3rd string QB who barely played. In my argument, I made the point that after 5 seasons, with 5 training camps, 5 preseasons and 5 yrs of full seasons of practice and not being able to be anything more than a 3rd stringer and a holder, that maybe it was time to move on from him for someone else who maybe has a little more upside and potential to actually move up and play.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash
    Blog Entries

On a slightly different note about QB's...

...if anyone ever questions Trevor Harris's mobility, this should put you at ease...

"Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

I don't really care if I am right or wrong but in this instance when I was raked over the coals by you and GWN who's still doing it now, I wanted to make a point to point it out. The guy was in the league for 5 seasons, on 2 teams being primarily a 3rd string QB who barely played. In my argument, I made the point that after 5 seasons, with 5 training camps, 5 preseasons and 5 yrs of full seasons of practice and not being able to be anything more than a 3rd stringer and a holder, that maybe it was time to move on from him for someone else who maybe has a little more upside and potential to actually move up and play.
    Sorry but I find that VERY hard to believe. When things go wrong or when they go like you expected, you are the top poster on the board, when a GM does a good job of restocking the shelves through free agency, you may have to admit that you were wrong about him. When you are all over a couple of Eskimo players (rightfully so in this case) such as Edwards and Woodman but the GM you love so much signs them as starters, you disappear. These are all signs of someone that cares if they are right or wrong.

vCash

Hahaha! You do care. You responded with your original post claiming how "right" you were.

vCash

Sorry but I find that VERY hard to believe. When things go wrong or when they go like you expected, you are the top poster on the board, when a GM does a good job of restocking the shelves through free agency, you may have to admit that you were wrong about him. When you are all over a couple of Eskimo players (rightfully so in this case) such as Edwards and Woodman but the GM you love so much signs them as starters, you disappear. These are all signs of someone that cares if they are right or wrong.
    Thank you for telling me how I feel about things. You are apparently the expert on me.

vCash

Thank you for telling me how I feel about things. You are apparently the expert on me.
    you're welcome.

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Love me some JC Sherritt but at this stage in his career Dean is an upgrade over JC. I would also suggest our linebacking as a whole is significantly upgraded from last year but the biggest upgrade, in my eyes, is a a scheme change that Lolley brings.
    LB is the only area where one could argue we have improved our talent overall. Every other area we have been erroded

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Meaning Fleming is no longer interested in the job so they don't know what to do now?
    I wouldn't say that. But there hasn't been any names bubble to the surface as a leading candidate as of yet. When you have the BOD as a semi incestuous spinoff of the Edm Chamber of Commerce, usually leaks in that circle jerk are inevitable
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Good point about Sunderland restocking the team. Just my opinion but we seem also to be bringing in quality players even into training camp to challenge for spots. Williams at QB today if he can win the 3rd. spot adds QB running potential on 3rd & short that we lost with Reilly. Just wish Perkins at DE was here at the start of TC, looks like he has potential. Still not sold on how the R OT spot looks though.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    LB is the only area where one could argue we have improved our talent overall. Every other area we have been erroded
    I wouldn't have said that the oline had erroded before the SirV injury which was beyond Brock's control.
    ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner