Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1421

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

  1. #1171
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s a very tough situation to be in... as a coach I can empathise with why they let him play.. I have done it myself this season ( we lost that game to ) but I understand in situations especially pressure situations U go with your guy.. even if not 100 percent

    In hindsight with our record in Calgary anyway we should have sat harris and played Kilgore in Calgary and see how harris felt on the Friday .. but I just cannot be a hypocrite and blast our coaches when I’m as guilty
    I heard it mentioned that Harris himself said he got hurt against Winnipeg and has been dealing with it for awhile. If he's been dealing with it, that leads me to believe that it's probably not fully healed yet. So would you play him this week?
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  2. #1172
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I heard it mentioned that Harris himself said he got hurt against Winnipeg and has been dealing with it for awhile. If he's been dealing with it, that leads me to believe that it's probably not fully healed yet. So would you play him this week?
    I’ve started rookie QBs a few times during my coaching career 9 times outta 10 it doesn’t end well lol

    This is a tough one though because we just don’t know how well harris is healed or how injured he still is..

    I think if harris is 75% u gotta start him. At home RR night. U prob gotta start him..

    I think what I would do is assess him IN GAME, if we’re struggling I’d put Kilgore in in the 2nd qtr and let him take the show

    Not ideal I know

  3. #1173
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I heard it mentioned that Harris himself said he got hurt against Winnipeg and has been dealing with it for awhile. If he's been dealing with it, that leads me to believe that it's probably not fully healed yet. So would you play him this week?
    In the same interview he mentions how its something he's dealt with in the past and been able to push through. The hardest part for a coach is trying to decide if Harris at 80% is better than your other options at 100. For what its worth, I would sit him this week in hopes to get him a little closer to 100% but without knowing what exactly the injury is, there is no way for us to tell if that's even going to help.
    #PizStrong

  4. #1174
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,585
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    273

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Yeah, we really don't have the knowledge to be able to have an informed opinion on this one. The complicating factor is the extent that playing this week might aggravate the injury for future games. Maybe, maybe not. There's just not enough info in public to know.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  5. #1175
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,521
    vCash
    9379
    Rep Power
    1030

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Harris is out.


    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  6. #1176
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Let’s all get behind Kilgore... !

  7. #1177
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,521
    vCash
    9379
    Rep Power
    1030

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Liking the O-line. They should be able to help Kilgore out a lot. Hope Gable sees a lot of the ball as well.

    ---

    Hearing that Harris was one-gamed; Jesse Joseph six-gamed.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 09-19-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  8. #1178
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,970
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    348

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    #PizStrong

  9. #1179
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    I think it's the smart choice to site Harris out. There are 5 more games after this one and then playoffs which I assume they will make it in the cross over. You can't risk him playing this coming game and reaggravate it more and this linger keeping him out for anymore time. Evans for Hamiltion isn't exactly a world beater. Hopefully the defense can keep it close and maybe you squeak out a win.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  10. #1180
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I think it's the smart choice to site Harris out. There are 5 more games after this one and then playoffs which I assume they will make it in the cross over. You can't risk him playing this coming game and reaggravate it more and this linger keeping him out for anymore time. Evans for Hamiltion isn't exactly a world beater. Hopefully the defense can keep it close and maybe you squeak out a win.
    agreed. I may be wrong with this but as good as our defence has been, have they had any scores? May need 1 this week.
    #PizStrong

  11. #1181
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,610
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    83

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Liking the O-line. They should be able to help Kilgore out a lot. Hope Gable sees a lot of the ball as well.

    ---

    Hearing that Harris was one-gamed; Jesse Joseph six-gamed.
    I’m surprised that they put him on the 1-game list, no cap savings for that.
    As for Joseph, probably a precursor to Charles being activated soon?

  12. #1182
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,701
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Itís a very tough situation to be in... as a coach I can empathise with why they let him play.. I have done it myself this season ( we lost that game to ) but I understand in situations especially pressure situations U go with your guy.. even if not 100 percent

    In hindsight with our record in Calgary anyway we should have sat harris and played Kilgore in Calgary and see how harris felt on the Friday .. but I just cannot be a hypocrite and blast our coaches when Iím as guilty
    Well, if you can't be a hypocrite there is no way you can run for office! You are limiting your career choices.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I’m surprised that they put him on the 1-game list, no cap savings for that.
    As for Joseph, probably a precursor to Charles being activated soon?
    There are no cap savings if you pull him off the six game early.

  13. #1183
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,750
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    711

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I’m surprised that they put him on the 1-game list, no cap savings for that.
    As for Joseph, probably a precursor to Charles being activated soon?
    or to make room for Betts, who they activated this week.
    #PizStrong

  14. #1184
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,275
    vCash
    2000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Let’s all get behind Kilgore... !
    And I can think of no better way to do that than to pick him as my starting QB for Fantasy football this week...just call me crazy...or a guy so far behind in his league that it just doesn't matter anymore...the self directed policy I have of never picking players that we are playing against during the week probably doesn't help.

    Interesting story on Kilgore on the CFL website...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/19/landry...s-ahead-start/
    Last edited by adb; 09-19-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    ďRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

    "Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

    "When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

    "...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

  15. #1185
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,980
    vCash
    1326
    Rep Power
    228

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Anyone else get the email about the focus group with the new president?
    In Rod we trust

  16. #1186
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,518
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    91

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Unamba and Hightower will spend a lot of the game lined up against Addison and Banks, and that matchup may determine the outcome of the game. Addison plays the same spot as Begelton who shredded our defence.

  17. #1187
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,701
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Anyone else get the email about the focus group with the new president?
    Yes I got the e-mail and responded.

  18. #1188
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    And I can think of no better way to do that than to pick him as my starting QB for Fantasy football this week...just call me crazy...or a guy so far behind in his league that it just doesn't matter anymore...the self directed policy I have of never picking players that we are playing against during the week probably doesn't help.

    Interesting story on Kilgore on the CFL website...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/09/19/landry...s-ahead-start/
    1 thing I do believe is maas knows qbs and all the qbs that drive the car end up doing ok.. or better than..

    I trust maas in turn I trust Kilgore

    I said it on here Vs Winnipeg in preseason, he had full control of the o.. nothing was scaled back.. same applied last week... Logan controlled the huddle,

    He will be ready

  19. #1189
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,562
    vCash
    2867
    Rep Power
    192

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Not sure if this goes in radio thread or here, but this one is more handy.

    This Ricky Ray interview on the Dave Jamieson show is the bomb ��

    Listen to it later if you’re not listening right now!

    Edit: ....or I guess the game day thread haha ��
    Last edited by Smartie123; 09-20-2019 at 12:55 PM.

  20. #1190
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sherwood Park
    Posts
    4,701
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Yes I got the e-mail and responded.
    And have since received a Dear John letter due to the overwhelming response.

  21. #1191
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Been thinking about this is morning and if you had to define what seperate s us from the top 2/3 teams is every year we have a 3/4 game losing streak that the upper teams avoid.. and happens every year.. ( I’m going back to post 2015 gc ) every year we have a wobble..

    To make it worse we have lost 3 or 4 at home now

  22. #1192
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,585
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    273

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    It's scheduling. They tend to pit us against eastern and weaker teams earlier in the year, during the summer. In the fall when they like to have the rivalry games, they pit us against traditionally tougher teams. The losing streaks seem to start when we transition from one to the other.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  23. #1193
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    It's scheduling. They tend to pit us against eastern and weaker teams earlier in the year, during the summer. In the fall when they like to have the rivalry games, they pit us against traditionally tougher teams. The losing streaks seem to start when we transition from one to the other.
    U could be right buddy..

    Either way as fans it sucks... Lol

  24. #1194
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,521
    vCash
    9379
    Rep Power
    1030

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    I really we need something to happen on offense. My call, I'd find a way to get both Gable & Cooper on the roster next week. If I can't find a way to fit both, I get Cooper on the roster next week. Not a slight against Gable, but we need some speed out there. I think our o-line is healthy enough and capable enough to allow a tailback to do their thing.

    Here's hoping for better things next week in Ottawa.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  25. #1195
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,227
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I really we need something to happen on offense. My call, I'd find a way to get both Gable & Cooper on the roster next week. If I can't find a way to fit both, I get Cooper on the roster next week. Not a slight against Gable, but we need some speed out there. I think our o-line is healthy enough and capable enough to allow a tailback to do their thing.

    Here's hoping for better things next week in Ottawa.
    It’s prob time to let cooper have a run....

  26. #1196
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,521
    vCash
    9379
    Rep Power
    1030

    Re: 2019 Season Thread



    Early on, I'm liking the way this kid carries himself. I think, despite limited reps he looked like he belonged. Hopefully the growth continues.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  27. #1197
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,943
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    105

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    I am all for the Esks being able to sign these Canadian Dlinemen. Signing Betts was nice because he was a recent draft pick. Signing Charles was a surprise because he was so far removed from his draft year. That being said, assuming that these guys can get up to speed and become impact players on the Dline which would change up the ratio a bit, I wonder if that will free up the ability for the Esks to do something with their secondary. I see that as the biggest problem with the Esks defense. They got lit up in the Hamilton game in the first half and haven't looked that great for a while now. I don't know who they can get or how they can fix it but if they don't get some stops, they aren't going anywhere. In the first quarter they gave up a 42, 41 and a 76 yard TD. Then late in t he 4th quarter, the Esks managed to battle back from a big hole, the game is tied. They give up a 26 yard pass to set up the Cats for the winning field goal. That's 4 big plays in the game. Tough to win.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

  28. #1198
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,291
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    162

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    All I know is aside from the one run Gable has been mostly ineffective this season. He either doesn't have the momentum built up to break the line or he's just not seeing the sides opening up/doesn't have the speed to get around the herd...at any rate - we need to put Coop in again to see what he can do. Argh.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  29. #1199
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,970
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    348

    Re: 2019 Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    All I know is aside from the one run Gable has been mostly ineffective this season. He either doesn't have the momentum built up to break the line or he's just not seeing the sides opening up/doesn't have the speed to get around the herd...at any rate - we need to put Coop in again to see what he can do. Argh.
    Fully agree. Next up, please. Gable is way too predictable for what we need in this offence.
    #PizStrong

  30. #1200
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,615
    vCash
    21182
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: 2019 Season Thread




    Does this mean what I think it means. Would be a huge boost, but that said the O-line hasn't really been the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •