Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1731

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    I hope the ratio looks likes this for Sunday:

7 Nationals (not 8 Nationals):
    -4 OL. With no Draheim I would continue with Saxfeild at LT.
    -1 WR - Smith
    -1 DE - Boetang
    -1 CB - Colquhoun

This would allow us to address the Safety position. Hoover has been serviciable, but this allows us to upgrade position IMHO.
    This would allow us to get Gable and Cooper onto the game day roster.

My concern is that the EE will start 8 Nationals and tell us that was the best roster that they could feild.
    I feel like Sax has been pretty decent for a guy starting in his first year
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I hope the ratio looks likes this for Sunday:

7 Nationals (not 8 Nationals):
    -4 OL. With no Draheim I would continue with Saxfeild at LT.
    -1 WR - Smith
    -1 DE - Boetang
    -1 CB - Colquhoun

This would allow us to address the Safety position. Hoover has been serviciable, but this allows us to upgrade position IMHO.
    This would allow us to get Gable and Cooper onto the game day roster.

My concern is that the EE will start 8 Nationals and tell us that was the best roster that they could feild.
    The only logical switch would be to start Hunter there as he's the only one with experience but I'm not convinced that's the right move as I think Hoover has exceeded my expectations for this year and I think continuity is key in a secondary.

Prepare to be disappointed as I would be very surprised to see a safety change but this may help to get both RBs into the lineup
    #PizStrong

vCash

I would agree that Safety change very unlikely. The issue I have is we have had opportunities this season to make the switch or give an international game experience. I think we started 8 Nationals a couple times this season. Those would have been a great chance to get Walker/Hunter a shot to start...

vCash

I would agree that Safety change very unlikely. The issue I have is we have had opportunities this season to make the switch or give an international game experience. I think we started 8 Nationals a couple times this season. Those would have been a great chance to get Walker/Hunter a shot to start...
    I get what you are saying, I just don't think that the coaches believe Hoover is a weak spot but I could be way off on that as well.
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Only thing Hunter should be starting is packing... Penalty taking hot headed twerp.
    Insert witty comment here...

vCash

You guys got your wish, Hunter hurt himself in practise according to Campbell.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    You guys got your wish, Hunter hurt himself in practise according to Campbell.
    wonder if he got flagged too

vCash

feel great Eskies won!!! Feel stupendous that Calgary LOST!!!! thank you Bombers

vCash

I liked the Gable Cooper combo!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker11 View Post
    I liked the Gable Cooper combo!
    Me to! Cooper Didn’t get many carries but had Over 50 yards rec

Also loved how they used cmc more last Sunday!

Great offensive gameplan imho

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Me to! Cooper Didn’t get many carries but had Over 50 yards rec

Also loved how they used cmc more last Sunday!

Great offensive gameplan imho
    The fact that Gable and Cooper are such different backs, has to cause the D some fits.
    #PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    The fact that Gable and Cooper are such different backs, has to cause the D some fits.
    Yeah, you wear out the D in the first half by smacking them in the mouth with Gable, then start swinging it to Cooper in the second when they're beat up and worn out.

Hopefully the leagues biggest OL can dominate the Cat's DL who, if I remember are about average or slightly below in size.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Yeah, you wear out the D in the first half by smacking them in the mouth with Gable, then start swinging it to Cooper in the second when they're beat up and worn out.

Hopefully the leagues biggest OL can dominate the Cat's DL who, if I remember are about average or slightly below in size.
    I actually had no idea how their Dline stacked up so I compared it to ours and Davis/Laurent/Wynn/Howsare average 73.75" in height and 269 lbs. Compared to Boateng/Sewel/Moore/Usher who average 75.25" in height (1.5" taller than the cats) and 262 lbs in weight (7 lbs lighter than the cats). Now if we throw Charles in the mix at 323 lbs...... our number will go up considerably LOL.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I actually had no idea how their Dline stacked up so I compared it to ours and Davis/Laurent/Wynn/Howsare average 73.75" in height and 269 lbs. Compared to Boateng/Sewel/Moore/Usher who average 75.25" in height (1.5" taller than the cats) and 262 lbs in weight (7 lbs lighter than the cats). Now if we throw Charles in the mix at 323 lbs...... our number will go up considerably LOL.
    Care to do a comparison against our O-line? Not that size matters. Strength, speed and lateral shifting matter more.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

Thanks for doing that! Bazzie really brings down our average as he basically weighs in as a LB, but I guess if you take him out of the equation you'd have to take the TiCats smallest lineman out too and it would probably be a wash.

vCash

Thanks for doing that! Bazzie really brings down our average as he basically weighs in as a LB, but I guess if you take him out of the equation you'd have to take the TiCats smallest lineman out too and it would probably be a wash.
    I'm not sure if I want bazzie on the roster. He bites too hard on screens/option like plays etc., and I'd suspect Hammy will be running a lot of those with Addison, Evans, Banks, Coombs etc.

vCash

no worries at all, I actually really enjoy analyzing things like that.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudnyereye View Post
    Care to do a comparison against our O-line? Not that size matters. Strength, speed and lateral shifting matter more.
    For sure, our Oline of Saxelid/Ruby/Beard/ODonnell/Kelly averages 6'7 and 316 pounds. Compare that to the cats Oline which are an average of 6'4" and 303 pounds.
    #PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mudnyereye View Post
    It's not the only thing that matters but that's not to say it doesn't matter. All else being equal I take the bigger line every time.

vCash

It's not the only thing that matters but that's not to say it doesn't matter. All else being equal I take the bigger line every time.
    over the 5 guys, the Cats Oline is giving up 15" and 65 pounds, which is pretty much all from Matt O'Donnell who is 5" taller and 30 pounds heavier than anyone on their Oline.
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Hoping that the third time's the charm.

GO ESKS!
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

We stop Brandon Banks we have a legit shot if not we lose big.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Harris is such a boss in this interview: https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/harris-...n-rate~1825860

"Haha, naw, not 'Playoff Trev', 'Playoff Team'..."

Win or lose regardless, super thankful to have this man under centre.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Good news that we will be under the cap. Was kinda worried with all the rumors. Looks like we will be drafting 4th overall. The CFL doesn't like any big news breaking during Grey Cup week so not much chance of any coaching changes until after the game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Good news that we will be under the cap. Was kinda worried with all the rumors. Looks like we will be drafting 4th overall. The CFL doesn't like any big news breaking during Grey Cup week so not much chance of any coaching changes until after the game.
    unless you're the riders... then you're allowed to announce your poaching an entire ****ing coaching staff of one of teams playing for the cup.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    unless you're the riders... then you're allowed to announce your poaching an entire ****ing coaching staff of one of teams playing for the cup.
    There's the haves and then there's the have nots. I don't even know how our guys were able to play the game with all the crap flying around for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Lucky for BC they don’t have to worry about poaching our staff like the Riders did because we may be about to just hand it over to them on a silver platter.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    There's the haves and then there's the have nots. I don't even know how our guys were able to play the game with all the crap flying around for that game.
    Considering the previous rumors of O'Shea to Toronto, I wonder what the reaction would be if it leaked this week that Toronto was speaking to O'Shea to bring him to Toronto and that it is a foregone conclusion.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Considering the previous rumors of O'Shea to Toronto, I wonder what the reaction would be if it leaked this week that Toronto was speaking to O'Shea to bring him to Toronto and that it is a foregone conclusion.
    A rumor going around is that O'Shea has not been in a hurry to sign an extension with the BB's. Being Pinball and a team that needs a jump start I think the league would be a bit pi$$ed but quietly pleased at getting an Ontario boy at the helm of the Argos. If Mike does go East it would be a real snakes & ladders game coaching wise. Will be interesting if the Argos can Chamblin how they manage the coach's cap .