Sounds about right.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

With Maas
    Expectations 0/10
    Faith 0/10
    Belief that there will penalties o' plenty 10/10
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Whelp isn't that awesome. I have zero faith Kilgore can do anything. I hope they consider getting another QB Bridge, frankin, Ray....

- - - Updated - - -

So Harris is eligible to return to if we advance to the division finals. We ain't getting there with Killgore/Briscoe.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Whelp isn't that awesome. I have zero faith Kilgore can do anything. I hope they consider getting another QB Bridge, frankin, Ray....
    I'm in the same boat but if you brought in anyone else at this point, outside of Ricky Ray, it would take time to learn the playbook.
    #PizStrong

vCash

It is curious that the team didn't look ahead on this one. If they would of put Harris on the 6 game 1 week earlier, then he would have been eligible to come off for the playoffs and we still would have been in line for the cap savings.

They still could have taken him off.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    It is curious that the team didn't look ahead on this one. If they would of put Harris on the 6 game 1 week earlier, then he would have been eligible to come off for the playoffs and we still would have been in line for the cap savings.

surprises me as well, unless he had a major set back.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I'm not putting much stock into it. For right now, they are just doing it and committing to it. Guaranteed if 10 days from now the doctors cleared him, he be removed within minutes of receiving the diagnosis. The only reason they didn't last week is to allow him some reps this week to see if he can get back in. Obviously he can't, and they feel he isn't good enough to practice next week, so might as well bump him to 6.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I'm not putting much stock into it. For right now, they are just doing it and committing to it. Guaranteed if 10 days from now the doctors cleared him, he be removed within minutes of receiving the diagnosis. The only reason they didn't last week is to allow him some reps this week to see if he can get back in. Obviously he can't, and they feel he isn't good enough to practice next week, so might as well bump him to 6.
    Fair point about the practicing, forgot about that.
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

And with Ray's injury...he will NEVER set foot on the field again.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

I just really hope that fans don’t let this team and coaching staff off the hook because Harris got injured. This team has more problems then just their starting qb being injured.

The teams with the 3 best records in the league have all seen considerable time without their starting qbs, and the 4th and 5th best have different guys that have become the starter but weren’t projected to be at the beginning of the year.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall a rule change with the new CBA that allowed players placed on the 6 game IR to retroactively count games on the 1 game IR as part of their 6 game stint if it was determined late that they’d be out longer than initially projected.

Does that ring a bell for anyone else or am I making sh!t up?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I just really hope that fans don’t let this team and coaching staff off the hook because Harris got injured. This team has more problems then just their starting qb being injured.

The teams with the 3 best records in the league have all seen considerable time without their starting qbs, and the 4th and 5th best have different guys that have become the starter but weren’t projected to be at the beginning of the year.
    My opinion on Maas/Brock will be completely based off how they do over this stretch. If they miss playoffs, with the current position they are in, that's all on coaching/personnel and I'd be ready for at least one of them to pay with their job, in this case, likely Maas.

If they are backing into the playoffs with a 1-4 or 2-3 record with one of the wins due to Saskatchewan resting starters, I'd look at the same way and Maas should go unless he can take them to the Grey Cup game as that would be a pretty tough feat through the East.

That said, if they go 3-2 or 4-1 down the stretch without one of the wins being against a short staffed Saskatchewan, I'd be pretty impressed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    There’s no cost-saving unless he’s on for the whole 6 games & there are only 5 games left....

Are we sure there are no cap savings?
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I could be wrong but I seem to recall a rule change with the new CBA that allowed players placed on the 6 game IR to retroactively count games on the 1 game IR as part of their 6 game stint if it was determined late that they’d be out longer than initially projected.

Not ringing a bell for me, but it could be buried somewhere in the fine print of the CBA. I seem to recall this question being asked on here some months ago, but I can’t remember the response!
    If so, it would also apply to Santos-Knox as he was on the 1-game for the first 2 games of the season & has been on the 6-game since.
    Maybe one of our intrepid local media types could ask BS sometime....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Are we sure there are no cap savings?
    I thought that cap relief came only with guys on the 6-game IR?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So Harris is eligible to return to if we advance to the division finals. We ain't getting there with Killgore/Briscoe.
    I'd definately try getting Franklin back with the promise of him being the starter next year and try to trade Harris if not than release him ,in my opinion he will never take us to the cup ,so just cut out losses and set him free along with Ellington,Orange and unamba ,we are better without them .

vCash

Not ringing a bell for me, but it could be buried somewhere in the fine print of the CBA. I seem to recall this question being asked on here some months ago, but I can’t remember the response!
    If so, it would also apply to Santos-Knox as he was on the 1-game for the first 2 games of the season & has been on the 6-game since.
    Maybe one of our intrepid local media types could ask BS sometime....
    Based on JSKs situation I don't think this rule exists. He got put on the 6 game for Game 3 and wasn't extended until Game 9, so it must be a full 6 games from when you are placed and it isn't retroactive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Based on JSKs situation I don't think this rule exists. He got put on the 6 game for Game 3 and wasn't extended until Game 9, so it must be a full 6 games from when you are placed and it isn't retroactive.
    Would a missed (potential) playoff game count as the sixth game?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I'd definately try getting Franklin back with the promise of him being the starter next year and try to trade Harris if not than release him ,in my opinion he will never take us to the cup ,so just cut out losses and set him free along with Ellington,Orange and unamba ,we are better without them .
    rofl....

vCash
    Blog Entries

Is that you, Mookie?
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Sorry, but this is one of the silliest posts on here in some time....

vCash

I think Harris had been playing hurt for longer and than anyone let on. As much as him being out leaves the Esks a bit shy on experience, it is the right thing to try to get him healthy. It probably should have happened sooner.

And as much as people may not have faith in Kilgore, he was OK against Hamilton, but the whole team again had a slow start.

vCash

A lot of replacement QB's this season looked horrible in their first appearance. Remember Evans, who threw for over 300 yards in the first half against the Bombers last night.

Then there's also Davis. So it can go both ways. But Kilgore helped to dig us out of a hole to get us within an inch against the top team in the league. That ought to count for something.

Not saying that he's GOING to be great. Just saying we shouldn't write him off too soon.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    A lot of replacement QB's this season looked horrible in their first appearance. Remember Evans, who threw for over 300 yards in the first half against the Bombers last night.

Then there's also Davis. So it can go both ways. But Kilgore helped to dig us out of a hole to get us within an inch against the top team in the league. That ought to count for something.

Not saying that he's GOING to be great. Just saying we shouldn't write him off too soon.
    One of the things that concerns me about Kilgore is his arm strength. He seems to be short on a lot of his throws. Maybe I'm mistaken and its more a matter of ball replacement which may improve with more experience. We'll see. You are right though Dane Evans has improved dramatically with experience.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    One of the things that concerns me about Kilgore is his arm strength. He seems to be short on a lot of his throws. Maybe I'm mistaken and its more a matter of ball replacement which may improve with more experience. We'll see. You are right though Dane Evans has improved dramatically with experience.
    well I guess a few more weeks of no throws over 15 yards won't hurt since we've watched that for most of the season

vCash
    Blog Entries

That's YOUR silly opinion ,but that's how I see it and would definately consider it as well I would get rid of gable and his contract too

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Would a missed (potential) playoff game count as the sixth game?
    If a player has been 1-gamed & is then 6-gamed, the 6-game cannot be applied retroactively. The only exception to this is if there is no game played by the team in between being placed on 1-game & then 6-gamed.

The playoffs count, so the division semi-final would be game 6 in Harris’ case - if he stays on it that long. For the life of me I can’t figure out why BS didn’t 6-game him either before or after the LD rematch. Based on his symptoms, there was not going to be a quick (1-week) recovery....plus, you could pull him off the 6-game sooner if able/necessary.

This isn’t 20/20 hindsight at all. The guy couldn’t grip the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    If a player has been 1-gamed & is then 6-gamed, the 6-game cannot be applied retroactively. The only exception to this is if there is no game played by the team in between being placed on 1-game & then 6-gamed.

The playoffs count, so the division semi-final would be game 6 in Harris’ case - if he stays on it that long. For the life of me I can’t figure out why BS didn’t 6-game him either before or after the LD rematch. Based on his symptoms, there was not going to be a quick (1-week) recovery....plus, you could pull him off the 6-game sooner if able/necessary.

This isn’t 20/20 hindsight at all. The guy couldn’t grip the ball.
    Ah thanks, could have sworn I read something in relation to that back in the spring but couldn’t remember any details.

I guess the only real reason to do it now is to get the team out of this limbo state they’ve been in the last few weeks and just focus solely on Kilgore until Harris is ready.

I agree it was a mistake not to 6 game him right after the LDR.

vCash

For anyone who missed the tv presentation of Globals 2019 version of "All In" with video footage via Eskimo fans here's a link

https://globalnews.ca/news/5955565/g...documentary-2/

Lots of familiar faces in that video.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post

You've seen his stats, right? His TD-to-INT ratio is atrocious. I wouldn't be counting on him for any miracles while Harris is out.