Re: 2019 Season Thread

#PizStrong

vCash

Santos-Knox! Well, I'll be plastered.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Hamilton is going to tear us a new one this week.

vCash

Would liked to have seen Charles make an appearance, maybe next week.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Would liked to have seen Charles make an appearance, maybe next week.
    For sure. Maybe he's just not in CFL game shape yet.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Hamilton is going to tear us a new one this week.
    They're going to be tough at home. Hopefully we can stop the long pass this time . They picked up a lot of air miles throwing near our #'s 41 & 28 in Edmonton.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    They're going to be tough at home. Hopefully we can stop the long pass this time . They picked up a lot of air miles throwing near our #'s 41 & 28 in Edmonton.
    And Orange is out, he being the whipping boy of some on this board....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Santos-Knox! Well, I'll be plastered.
    May only play ST’s for this game, unless he’s the healthy scratch.
    Last edited by writfiler; 10-03-2019 at 11:42 AM.

vCash

Orange is prob still nursing the 3rd degree burns from last week..

Dunno about orange we should call him marmalade, that’s usually seen with toast..

vCash

So I just received an email with information regarding renewing for 2020. They are having a 72 hour renewal sale from October 29-November 1. Prices are down a little and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the super affordable kids seats are a part of the sale too. A few increased perks as well. Looks like I’ll be back for season 25.

vCash

Good to hear that the Esks are maybe slowly starting to look at ways of enticing fans. I will be curious to see what the new Pres does for next year.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Good to hear that the Esks are maybe slowly starting to look at ways of enticing fans. I will be curious to see what the new Pres does for next year.
    Very small sample size but to me this new president is clicking some right buttons, my prices went down a smidge too. Plus so far he hasn't had a press conference where he acted and talked like a jack ass.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by eskfan152 View Post
    So I just received an email with information regarding renewing for 2020. They are having a 72 hour renewal sale from October 29-November 1. Prices are down a little and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the super affordable kids seats are a part of the sale too. A few increased perks as well. Looks like I’ll be back for season 25.
    Good for them. Hopefully they open up my old seats again though as my subsidy for upgraded seats for being kicked out of my 20+ year seats to accommodate blank green cloth is done. I'm not paying twice the price, so we'll see what they do to step up and keep me for what would be my 25th year as well.

vCash

dont think its been posted on here yet...flew over everyones head with how crappy we are.

weve signed Bryan Scott...former spring league QB. had stint with Chiefs? not sure if same guy, name generic.

signifies Harris shutdown for year? need the arm fulfillment or...simply Briscoe and Troy Williams not showing near enough. or neither. or....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    dont think its been posted on here yet...flew over everyones head with how crappy we are.

weve signed Bryan Scott...former spring league QB. had stint with Chiefs? not sure if same guy, name generic.

signifies Harris shutdown for year? need the arm fulfillment or...simply Briscoe and Troy Williams not showing near enough. or neither. or....
    OR Maas being stubborn and sticking with the tire fire that is Kilgore ?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post

https://www.thespringleague.com/2018/01/05/bryan-scott/

From Rolling Hills, CA, Scott continued to roll throughout his distinguished 4-year career at D-III Occidental College. Scott accumulated some eye-popping numbers: he broke a school record in Passing Yards per game (339.8), Total Offense (9,475), Career Passing Yards (9, 073), Single Season Passing Yards (3,058), Completions in a game (40), Completions in Single Season (253), Career Completions (763), Single Game Passing Yards (476), and Single Game Passing Touchdowns (6), and broke the SCIAC Conference Record in Career Passing Yards, Completions, and Total Offense.

Known as the Aaron Rodgers of Division III, Scott also won SCIAC Player of the Year in 2016, as well as Team Captain/MVP, and 1st Team All-Conference QB.

Despite playing against lesser collegiate competition, Scott proved he can more than hang with the big boys during the 2017 USC Pro Day. He completed 62 of 64 passes (1 drop), and finished the workout by connecting with JuJu Smith-Schuster (2017 2nd round pick, Steelers) on a deep post, earning praise from all in attendance. Scott’s impressive performance earned him an invitation to the Los Angeles Rams Rookie Camp, which gave him the confidence he can thrive at the highest level.

Scott will join The Spring League in 2018 looking to follow in legendary Jack Kemp’s foot steps as an Oxy Tiger starring in the NFL.

You can watch his Occidental College highlight reel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IyXNMPdI28

Photo credit: Bob Palermini

================================================== ================================================== ======

Interesting that he was involved in this.

https://www.npr.org/2015/01/25/37984...te-to-the-test

Putting #Deflategate To The Test

Listen∑ 3:13
    3:13

Playlist
    Download

Embed

Transcript

Facebook

Twitter

Flipboard

Email

January 25, 2015∑5:12 PM ET

Heard on All Things Considered

The NFL is investigating whether the New England Patriots under-inflated footballs against the Indianapolis Colts. Players for Occidental College's football squad help NPR test out how much air pressure affects throwing and catching.

ARUN RATH, HOST:

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick held a surprise press conference yesterday, not to talk about next week's Super Bowl, but about, well, you know, deflated footballs.

(SOUNDBITE OF PRESS CONFERENCE)

BILL BELICHICK: As far as I know and everything that I can do, we did everything as right as we could do it.

RATH: In case you've been living under a rock, 11 out of the 12 balls used by the Patriots in their AFC championship win last week were allegedly underinflated by about 2 pounds per square inch. We wanted to know just how much that changes how the football feels. And we sent our producer Tom Dreisbach to find out.

TOM DREISBACH, BYLINE: First, let me introduce you to my expert witnesses.

DEVIN BULLOCK: How are you doing? I'm Devin Bullock. I play receiver for Occidental College.

DREISBACH: Number seven - five touchdowns last season.

BRYAN SCOTT: My name is Bryan Scott. I play quarterback for Occidental College.

DREISBACH: He's number 18 - threw 17 touchdowns last season. Occidental is a Division 3, NCAA football team. And I met Devin and Bryan at their home field to do a completely unscientific experiment. I brought a pump, a pressure gauge and an official-size NFL football. First, we just set a baseline. I pumped the ball to the regulation pressure between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. And to me that felt very pumped up, but to the players...

Feels normal.

SCOTT: Yeah. It feel - I mean, it feels like a game ball that we would use.

BULLOCK: It feels regular.

DREISBACH: Just be sure, they threw the ball around a couple times.

SCOTT: Ready, set.

DREISBACH: No real surprises there. Now to the real test.

Let's try deflating it.

The Patriots footballs were allegedly inflated to about 10.5 pounds per square inch.

BULLOCK: And now you're good.

DREISBACH: The gauge reads 10.5.

So first, just your initial thoughts. How does it feel?

SCOTT: It feels a lot easier to grip for sure, probably easier to throw it farther. What do you think, Dev?

BULLOCK: I guess as a receiver I don't notice that much, but when you do, like, kind of press on it pretty hard, you can feel it go in a little more.

DREISBACH: Do you think you could eyeball a difference?

SCOTT: No. Definitely not.

DREISBACH: Then Bryan and Devin take the ball out for a test drive.

SCOTT: Red 19, red 19, ready, set, hut.

DREISBACH: They complete a couple passes about 25 yards out then try mixing it up.

SCOTT: We've been doing two-handed catches, so we're - I'm going to have Devin do a fade route right now and he's going to try and catch it one-handed. Red 13, red 13, ready, set, hut.

DREISBACH: The ball goes up. Number seven, Devin Bullock, reaches out with his left hand and completion.

SCOTT: Yeah, first try he caught it one-handed, so (laughter).

DREISBACH: Hear, let me just ask you, how does it feel different when you're catching?

BULLOCK: It wasn't that much of a difference, I would say, but when it gets into your hands, I felt like it was easier to just, like, kind of corral it, grab it.

DREISBACH: Over all, their verdict - sure, under-inflating the ball helps a little. If we had been in rainy New England instead of sunny LA, deflating might even give a real advantage. But Devin Bullock says it probably didn't make a big difference when the Patriots stomped the Colts last week.

BULLOCK: Maybe we'd have something to talk about if they only won by a field goal. It was just kind of the game was 45 to seven, so it was, like - it definitely wasn't the only reason the Patriots won.

DREISBACH: In other words, two PSI does not equal 38 points. That does it for my quick experiment. Meanwhile, the NFL's investigation is ongoing. Tom Dreisbach, NPR News.

SCOTT: Red 25, red 25, ready, set, hut.

Copyright © 2015 NPR. All rights reserved. Visit our website terms of use and permissions pages at www.npr.org for further information.

NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by Verb8tm, Inc., an NPR contractor, and produced using a proprietary transcription process developed with NPR. This text may not be in its final form and may be updated or revised in the future. Accuracy and availability may vary. The authoritative record of NPR’s programming is the audio record.
    ================================================== ================================================== ==============
    Last edited by danlaurin; 10-08-2019 at 04:08 PM.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

CFL trade deadline coming up soon. It is reported that TOR open for business. Thoughts on McLeod Bethol Thompson? I’ve always liked him and he could be a much better QB for playoff run and hopefully playoffs then Kilgore. MBT seems like a QB who could come in here and grasp the system and lead us to the promise land. I have no faith in Kilgore. This might be an option if Harris injury more serious then we originally thought. What you think...

Also Laing at DT could be an option. Local boy who might welcome a change of scenery. Always thought he was a player you hated to play against, but love to have on your team. We could a little nasty. Laing and Charles could be interesting moving forward. Just don’t think we can sit still with what we have. I still on the side that we could catch fire and be a handful come playoffs....

My 3 cents...

vCash

Bryan Scott’s been on our neg for some time..

https://youtu.be/t7vMa05kt10

https://youtu.be/ZatDY1GyU24

https://youtu.be/npX5Fl7eAiM

https://youtu.be/l1gOyr-0L2c

Watch the tape make up your own minds...

vCash

I don't see TO giving up Bethel-Thompson; he's had some success this year that no one seems to be noticing. Without him, they have nothing. Franklin, however, is more than available, I'll bet.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    I don't see TO giving up Bethel-Thompson; he's had some success this year that no one seems to be noticing. Without him, they have nothing. Franklin, however, is more than available, I'll bet.
    Depend what we would have to give up.. I’d have him back..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post

intriguing. This, at least to me, speaks to Kilgores lack of success and knowing that they can't go into 2020 with him as the #2. Hopefully Briscoe is ready for that and one of the other 2 will be ready for the #3 spot.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Depend what we would have to give up.. I’d have him back..
    I would like to have him back too. Nerve injuries, if in fact that is what the issue is with Harris, can take a long time to resolve and I am of the opinion that Kilgore simply does not have the skills to lead the team into the playoffs.

vCash

Been a long time since we've had a QB here with mobility like that. Gotta love how he can buy time. Seems to throw a very accurate ball. Is it just me but sometimes does he seem to have a bit of a hitch or kinda quirky delivery ?

vCash

intriguing. This, at least to me, speaks to Kilgores lack of success and knowing that they can't go into 2020 with him as the #2. Hopefully Briscoe is ready for that and one of the other 2 will be ready for the #3 spot.
    Yea I think Kilgore won’t be back...

vCash

Yea I think Kilgore won’t be back...
    He's been given his chance and has enough CFL experience that if he was going to be effective that he would be already.
    #PizStrong

vCash

He's been given his chance and has enough CFL experience that if he was going to be effective that he would be already.
    Although Maas' system is complex, it allows a QB to succeed. If you can't make it work, you probably need to find a new vocation.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

I want nothing to do with Franklin. He has been an absolute dumpster fire in TOR and after his half-time interview in BC down 38-0 and him smiling and laughing during questions I got the wrong vibe from him. Not sure he as earned the respect from his team mates in TOR. MBT I would like very much. I actually think he a solid QB just on a horrible team. If Harris out for year... he would be my target!!!

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

My guess is Cooper goes off for 120 rush yards and 44 receiving yards and then is replaced for Gable the following week....

Sorry....i'm losing my excitement for this team as the season progresses.

This team needs a shake-up. Interested to see depth chart this week. I think some roster adjustments are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    I want nothing to do with Franklin. He has been an absolute dumpster fire in TOR and after his half-time interview in BC down 38-0 and him smiling and laughing during questions I got the wrong vibe from him. Not sure he as earned the respect from his team mates in TOR. MBT I would like very much. I actually think he a solid QB just on a horrible team. If Harris out for year... he would be my target!!!
    I don't see TO parting with MBT but I would take Franklin back in a heartbeat. TO has obviously been an awful fit for him but he's comfortable here in Edmonton and has proven to be effective in this system. I wouldn't give up on him yet, he just needs a change of scenery.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    I think if MBT is your full time starter then I don't know if you are a good team but I think he'd be a fine back up.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.