Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1421

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I think if MBT is your full time starter then I don't know if you are a good team but I think he'd be a fine back up.
    Well put. He's shown the ability to be good enough to not be the primary reason you lose a game and also has enough explosiveness to steal you a game or two over a season. I'm just less confident that taking him for 700-900 snaps over a season is a recipe for success.

vCash

MBT would be the stop-gap until Harris is healthy. If Harris is out for the season, Then MBT would be the best option in my opinion. Franklin showed promise here, but since the trade to TOR has been garbage. He was actually hard to watch last Saturday night in BC. THe icing on the top was his half-time interview. If I was one of his teammates in the dressing room watching him smile and laugh I would have lost it....

Just my 3 cents..

vCash

Hard to judge any QB under Chapdelaine....

I don’t know x’s and o’s very at all, but MBT looks messy to me. I think his “success” is probably bc he goes off script.

Wonder if Franklin would consider BC....he looked good with Jarious as his OC before (!?!?).....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Hard to judge any QB under Chapdelaine....

I don’t know x’s and o’s very at all, but MBT looks messy to me. I think his “success” is probably bc he goes off script.

Wonder if Franklin would consider BC....he looked good with Jarious as his OC before (!?!?).....
    Not sure Franklin was here in 15???

Who were our three qbs in our last gc year?

Reilly? Was pat white one? I can’t remember .. damn.. lol

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post

We had Reilly, Nichols, Lynch and Franklin in 15. Reilly got hurt in Week 1 and gave way to Nichols. Nichols was holding the fort (ish) until an early season game against the Bombers, where Franklin was supposed to come in for a gadget play and ended up taking over the rest of the game. The same thing happened for the next two straight weeks - a win against Montreal and a loss against Hamilton. Franklin started and won against Toronto, but crashed down to earth in the LD game against the Stamps.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Reilly, Nichols, Franklin & Jordan Lynch in 2015. Nichols was traded to Winnipeg mid-way thru the season.
    Franklin & Derel Walker had that awesome game vs Toronto in late August.

Pat White was 2014.
    Last edited by Smartie123; 10-10-2019 at 08:42 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Reilly, Nichols, Franklin & Jordan Lynch in 2015. Nichols was traded to Winnipeg mid-way thru the season.
    Franklin & Derel Walker had that awesome game vs Toronto in late August.

Pat White was 2014.
    Great shout..been or just seems that long ago!

I could not for the life of me think of lynch.. and I remember Jones having that mobile qb for gadget plays and stuff in 14 and 15 I just couldn’t remember who and where..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    We had Reilly, Nichols, Lynch and Franklin in 15. Reilly got hurt in Week 1 and gave way to Nichols. Nichols was holding the fort (ish) until an early season game against the Bombers, where Franklin was supposed to come in for a gadget play and ended up taking over the rest of the game. The same thing happened for the next two straight weeks - a win against Montreal and a loss against Hamilton. Franklin started and won against Toronto, but crashed down to earth in the LD game against the Stamps.
    All comes back now mate..

Sad times when you forget portions of your last grey cup winning year! Lol

vCash

Great shout..been or just seems that long ago!

I could not for the life of me think of lynch.. and I remember Jones having that mobile qb for gadget plays and stuff in 14 and 15 I just couldn’t remember who and where..

- - - Updated - - -

All comes back now mate..

Sad times when you forget portions of your last grey cup winning year! Lol
    Lynch was also used on the punt cover team as well....

vCash

Oh?

They must have not heard the DJ and Chris Scheez.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Terrible job by whoever write the article. He did not even read the chart properly.

He writes " However, the city is also in the Top 4 for most precipitation and pollution". If he would have bothered to read the chart, he would have known known that Edmonton finished 7th in precipitation and 6th in pollution.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by wildwest View Post
    Terrible job by whoever write the article. He did not even read the chart properly.

He writes " However, the city is also in the Top 4 for most precipitation and pollution". If he would have bothered to read the chart, he would have known known that Edmonton finished 7th in precipitation and 6th in pollution.
    Yeah, he saw green and assumed dark green = most. Basically, top 4 in every category from a positive view.

Based on Maas' comments on the coaches show this week, it sounds like there's a strong chance we see Santos-Knox this week. Personally I'm hoping that's the case because as impressive as Diggs has been this season, I haven't been happy with his run-stopping ability at times which is an area where Jovon excels, I think this could be a huge addition to our front seven.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Based on Maas' comments on the coaches show this week, it sounds like there's a strong chance we see Santos-Knox this week. Personally I'm hoping that's the case because as impressive as Diggs has been this season, I haven't been happy with his run-stopping ability at times which is an area where Jovon excels, I think this could be a huge addition to our front seven.
    he was also saying that Trevor is a possibility (fingers crossed)
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Campbell reporting JSK is in
    Tevaun Smith and Gable are out

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Campbell reporting JSK is in
    Tevaun Smith and Gable are out
    Losing Smith isn't good. He's a starting Canadian receiver. The offense already struggles to score and lack play makers as is.

I don't see the point of JSK. How much more is he really going to help.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I am surprised that we have not seen Stefan Charles yet. I knew that he would need time to get his legs under him and learn the playbook I guess I am just surprised it is taking this long.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I am surprised that we have not seen Stefan Charles yet. I knew that he would need time to get his legs under him and learn the playbook I guess I am just surprised it is taking this long.
    for sure, you would think they would offset the Smith loss with adding Charles and another american receiver (maybe Vickers sits)

- - - Updated - - -

Losing Smith isn't good. He's a starting Canadian receiver. The offense already struggles to score and lack play makers as is.

I don't see the point of JSK. How much more is he really going to help.
    slight upgrade over Diggs in my opinion, at least if he returns to his pre-injury form anyways. On the coaches show Maas said that he would have been in last week but they didn't think it was fair to him as he hadn't had enough practice time. Jason also said that when he heard he wasn't playing he took his practice game up a notch and that they are VERY excited to get him in the lineup.

I mean what is he going to say about him but that's all we have to go on.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    for sure, you would think they would offset the Smith loss with adding Charles and another american receiver (maybe Vickers sits)

- - - Updated - - -

slight upgrade over Diggs in my opinion, at least if he returns to his pre-injury form anyways. On the coaches show Maas said that he would have been in last week but they didn't think it was fair to him as he hadn't had enough practice time. Jason also said that when he heard he wasn't playing he took his practice game up a notch and that they are VERY excited to get him in the lineup.

I mean what is he going to say about him but that's all we have to go on.
    I am not knocking the player. I am curious to see him in action. I just wonder what impact it will have if any. The offense isn't scoring and while stopping the run is important, with a Reilly team, the secondary is going to have to be good and he's a linebacker.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I am not knocking the player. I am curious to see him in action. I just wonder what impact it will have if any. The offense isn't scoring and while stopping the run is important, with a Reilly team, the secondary is going to have to be good and he's a linebacker.
    On the coaches show Maas said the key to beating the Lions is shutting down the run early and to punish Reilly if he decides to take off with it, forcing them into a one dimensional passing team and then to T off and get after the QB. And I never took what you said as a knock on the player, just having a discussion on it.
    #PizStrong

vCash

On the coaches show Maas said the key to beating the Lions is shutting down the run early and to punish Reilly if he decides to take off with it, forcing them into a one dimensional passing team and then to T off and get after the QB. And I never took what you said as a knock on the player, just having a discussion on it.
    Reilly leads the league in passing again but Maas thinks the key to the Lions is stopping the run. Sure, if he says so I guess. I guess we will see if Knox has a big impact. IMO, if the Esks secondary doesn't cover better and the offense doesn't get going, stopping the Lions from running won't do a bit of good but I don't do football for a living so I could be totally wrong.

I am personally not confident the Esks will win this one. I really hope I am wrong.

vCash

Reilly leads the league in passing again but Maas thinks the key to the Lions is stopping the run. Sure, if he says so I guess. I guess we will see if Knox has a big impact. IMO, if the Esks secondary doesn't cover better and the offense doesn't get going, stopping the Lions from running won't do a bit of good but I don't do football for a living so I could be totally wrong.

I am personally not confident the Esks will win this one. I really hope I am wrong.
    Wait til you see the depth chart what little confidence I had went down the crapper when I saw it
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Wait til you see the depth chart what little confidence I had went down the crapper when I saw it
    hahaha they have Christion Jones listed as the starting WR
    #PizStrong

vCash

Hey you are right!! What little confidence I had just went down the drain.

vCash

The only reason Mike is leading the league in passing this year is that he's played more than anyone else. If you even up the games played he would be 980 yards behind Dane Evans, 885 yards behind MBT, 814 yards behind Mitchell (615 behind Arbuckle), 741 yards behind Harris, 416 yards behind Vernon Adams and 78 yards behind Fajardo.
    #PizStrong

vCash

The only reason Mike is leading the league in passing this year is that he's played more than anyone else. If you even up the games played he would be 980 yards behind Dane Evans, 885 yards behind MBT, 814 yards behind Mitchell (615 behind Arbuckle), 741 yards behind Harris, 416 yards behind Vernon Adams and 78 yards behind Fajardo.
    Great. Doesn't change my opinion that Knox does nothing to stop Reilly from lighting up the Esks weak secondary. I'm not confident that Reily and slotback Burnham don't torch halfback Hunter who seems to be targeted every game and more times than not it's Hunters man scoring a td or 2 with Hunter a couple steps behind lunging at the guy in a vain effort to knock down a ball. So Maas can try to sell the addition of Knox as being this big deal but if I am Reilly and the Lion OC, I would be going after Hunter with Burnhan early and often.

vCash

Great. Doesn't change my opinion that Knox does nothing to stop Reilly from lighting up the Esks weak secondary. I'm not confident that Reily and slotback Burnham don't torch halfback Hunter who seems to be targeted every game and more times than not it's Hunters man scoring a td or 2 with Hunter a couple steps behind lunging at the guy in a vain effort to knock down a ball. So Maas can try to sell the addition of Knox as being this big deal but if I am Reilly and the Lion OC, I would be going after Hunter with Burnhan early and often.
    Not looking to change your opinion at all, just providing a little meat to the conversation. Believe me I am concerned BIG TIME as well, our OPINIONS just differ on what our weaknesses are is all.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Hunter was lined up against Burnham in the 2nd meeting and he had 4 catches on 5 targets for 69 yards. I’m not saying he will shut him down but he has done it before. I’m curious to see how this game plays out with B.C. being improved in the trenches since last we met.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Hunter was lined up against Burnham in the 2nd meeting and he had 4 catches on 5 targets for 69 yards. I’m not saying he will shut him down but he has done it before. I’m curious to see how this game plays out with B.C. being improved in the trenches since last we met.
    We also had pressure in Reilly's face all night, can we do it again?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I thnk Knox could be in to stop the run and swing pass ****.. we've been burned constantly ( lately on those )

vCash

We also had pressure in Reilly's face all night, can we do it again?
    The Esks sacked Reilly 5 times that game and had who knows how many more pressures and hits on Reilly. I doubt it was because Hunter was a master that coverage. Reilly barely had time to grip the ball before someone was in his face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I thnk Knox could be in to stop the run and swing pass ****.. we've been burned constantly ( lately on those )
    It's just been the run and swing passes the Esks have been burned by? How about long bombs as well. Maybe make it easy and just say they have been getting torched by everything.