Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Season Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Our OL will be greatly improved with the return of MOD and SirV (assuming he is healthy). That good news for the second half of the season. Also DB Hightower was playing at a very high level before being placed on the 6 game. He will boost the secondary when he returns. I would assume he would replace Hunter. Still got DB/LB Walker on practice roster who I thought had a great camp and did strong job filling in for Unamba.

Lots of depth this season....
    The Esks Oline has been pretty darn good so the additions of O'Donnell and Rogers will make it that much better. As we see in BC. If you don't have an Oline, you can't win.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 08-20-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Some interesting decisions for sure. Agree that I hope Draheim can go on Friday as he has played well this season. Want to also mention that Kelly has impressed me this season. Knock on him over the years as been he not the greatest pass blacker but excelled in run blocking. Have to admit I’ve watched him this season and he been strong for most part of the season. Also noticed that he seems like a leader on the field. Kelly always helping guys up and giving a pat on the back to receivers (saw him do this to Daniels vs TOR). We talk about the Eskimos way and he seems to be bought into it!!

If Saxelid get the start and we go with 2 international on the OL, I will be curious as how we adjust the roster? Do we go with 4 international REC and get Elliot on the roster? Can we activate Cooper and get him more involved? Full disclosure, I was one who was strongly wanting a international at S and no way wanted Hoover on the starting D..... but he starting to warm-up to me.

My 3 cents...
    Yup Kelly has surprised me too I think this may be part of how fast Harris gets the ball off. As to Saxelid He has impressed in his playing time I believe we may have a future starting Canadian LT
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    There have been no updates that I am aware of, that said at the time he was injured SirV seemed pretty adamant that he would be back this year.

I would be surprised if we saw him before October.
    Yeah. I imagine his cap hit is significant so I doubt they intend to rush him back prior to burning up his current six-game segment unless it's an emergency. The current 6-game segment ends after the Labour Day rematch, so it may be getting close.

vCash

We have made the following transactions:

Added to Active Roster:
    • American OL Eric Lofton
    • National FB Calvin McCarty

Added to Practice Roster:
    • National FB Peter Cender

Added to Six-Game Injured List:
    • American OL Tommie Draheim
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    We have made the following transactions:

Added to Active Roster:
    • American OL Eric Lofton
    • National FB Calvin McCarty

Added to Practice Roster:
    • National FB Peter Cender

Added to Six-Game Injured List:
    • American OL Tommie Draheim
    Shoot was hoping for good news on Draheim, wonder if Lofton is going to get the start or if hes there as security. Nice to see Calvin back in.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Shoot was hoping for good news on Draheim, wonder if Lofton is going to get the start or if hes there as security. Nice to see Calvin back in.
    I don't know much about Lofton other than he's been around the CFL a few years and that he went to Temple
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I don't know much about Lofton other than he's been around the CFL a few years and that he went to Temple
    Ya I know zip about him as well, I'm guessing that Saxelid will get the call but who knows.

EDIT..... just looked Lofton up and apparently he wasn't able to crack the BC Lions Oline this year.
    Last edited by Looner; 08-20-2019 at 12:35 PM.
    #PizStrong

vCash

just looked Lofton up and apparently he wasn't able to crack the BC Lions Oline this year.
    That's odd...everyone else has.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Ya I know zip about him as well, I'm guessing that Saxelid will get the call but who knows.

EDIT..... just looked Lofton up and apparently he wasn't able to crack the BC Lions Oline this year.
    That's real bad...
    #PizStrong

vCash

They may not know how to evaluate and use talent over there.

vCash

Incredible numbers here.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Incredible numbers here.
    I think BC was at 3 by the end of the first quarter of the first game of the season
    #PizStrong

vCash

Play wise, I'd imagine he's security, but if they don't put him as starter, couldn't he only replace Bond or Kelly, or would they be safe as long as they dress an extra National as a starter elsewhere in the lineup.

vCash

I think BC was at 3 by the end of the first quarter of the first game of the season
    Lol. They actually held up okay in Game 1. Second half of Game 2 is when it all came undone.

Amazing that they are averaging a full extra sack against per game than the Esks have in total after 9 games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Play wise, I'd imagine he's security, but if they don't put him as starter, couldn't he only replace Bond or Kelly, or would they be safe as long as they dress an extra National as a starter elsewhere in the lineup.
    If they go with Saxelid, I would imagine they will stick with the lineup they have been using, which would mean we would have an extra Canadian. That way should one of our National Olineman go down, Lofton could slide right in without changing anything else in your lineup.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Big test for Saxelid if he stays at LT. Could see Wpg putting Jefferson on his side more than they usually do. No word on Roh yet. Maybe Bond shifts to LT but fewer changes might be better. Lofton played both G & T in college.

Just noticed the Lions have released former U. of Alberta lineman Jonathon Harke.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Big test for Saxelid if he stays at LT. Could see Wpg putting Jefferson on his side more than they usually do. No word on Roh yet. Maybe Bond shifts to LT but fewer changes might be better. Lofton played both G & T in college.

Just noticed the Lions have released former U. of Alberta lineman Jonathon Harke.
    I saw something on FB this morning from Bob Irving that with both Roh & Jeffcoat out they’ve signed Alex McAlister who was a training camp cut....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I saw something on FB this morning from Bob Irving that with both Roh & Jeffcoat out they’ve signed Alex McAlister who was a training camp cut....
    If that's the case leave Saxelid at LT but give him some help chips/backs etc. Jefferson is really really good but it's not like he's unstoppable.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Bombers also have their # 1 draft pick, Kongbo, at DE. Highly rated coming out of Tennessee , but needed surgery and his rating dropped because of that. He has NFL size.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    He could replace an import receiver coming off the field, or an import running back as well - doesn't have to be at the same position group, just an import coming off the field to allow for a designated import to come on the field. For instance, he and Alex Taylor come up for Saxelid and CJ Gable in a double-swap.

If that's the case leave Saxelid at LT but give him some help chips/backs etc. Jefferson is really really good but it's not like he's unstoppable.
    I don't believe that it's a coincidence that CmC is back early off the 6-game IR. Not saying that they're rushing him, but they may well have been more likely to do some load management with him if the full O-line was still intact.
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

We've release DJ Calhoun again
    #PizStrong

vCash

I think I can speak for us all when I say WHO?
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

He's been bouncing back and forth a bit since training camp. Good to know he's standing by if injuries hit us hard at linebacker.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    not speaking for me, if our linebacking core wasn't as strong as it is, I have no doubt he would be on this team. He's a bone crusher of a hitter and IIRC made some decent impressions in camp.
    #PizStrong

not speaking for me, if our linebacking core wasn't as strong as it is, I have no doubt he would be on this team. He's a bone crusher of a hitter and IIRC made some decent impressions in camp.
    Yeah he’s not speaking for me either, I was excited about this guy when we first signed him in the off-season.

vCash

SectionQ…he's done it again!

I knew who this guy was coming into training camp. Read about him on here and elsewhere online and people were saying he'd be a guy to keep an eye on.

vCash

The guy never even dressed once. He didn't even get listed on the depth chart then be a late scratch like Bazzie. From what I can tell, he never even made it off the practice roster.

vCash

The guy never even dressed once. He didn't even get listed on the depth chart then be a late scratch like Bazzie. From what I can tell, he never even made it off the practice roster.
    yep you are correct and I'm not anointing him the next AJ Gass. All I'm saying is that our linebacking core would be VERY tough to crack this year and he has floated on and off the PR a few times, which must say something about him. That coupled with the research I did on him in the off season when we initially signed him.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Calhoun is a Hard Hitting LB played at Az State if I remember. Has a high motor and a nose for the football too bad he couldn't crack the lineup. I agree with others just us having too strong a lb corps and no room on special teams.

I was excited when we signed him.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.