Little behind on the fines are they.

#PizStrong

vCash

Re: 2019 Season Thread

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    More scouts is never a bad thing, especially one with Bellefeuille's background. So if a guy leaves on his own accord, like Homer did, does his whole salary count against the personnel cap? I believe it does but it shouldn't.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Good that we have a Cdn scout. Bellefeuille has been in CFL & CIS ball since the mid 90's. Big step up for Homer joining a big time outfit like the Gators.

vCash

vCash

Dang, I’ve been waiting for this guy for years and I thought he was out of NFL options at this point. I’ll be curious to see what happens if he gets cut by Atlanta.

vCash

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills...okie-minicamp/
    some cool stuff...esp at the bottom with the twitter posts...some isos/game film on our offense.

and...………
    talk about value .
    https://3downnation.com/2019/08/26/l...n-for-eskimos/

makes sense as he had some down years... but surprised his agent couldn't have pushed for 95k plus..at least hes a veteran.

vCash

Just gonna go out on a limb and say that the Eskimos are going to shock everyone and take both games against Calgary.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    Just gonna go out on a limb and say that the Eskimos are going to shock everyone and take both games against Calgary.
    I like the way you think
    #PizStrong

vCash

I think they definately have a shot at doing that Calgary is not that good and this team seems so close to just erupting and going on a roll. I hope you're right.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

This team is so schizophrenic I have no idea what's going to happen. They certainly have the ability to take both games, in fact it wouldn't even shock me if they did.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    This team is so schizophrenic I have no idea what's going to happen. They certainly have the ability to take both games, in fact it wouldn't even shock me if they did.
    that may be the most accurate description of this team that I've seen
    #PizStrong

vCash

I know where you're coming from, but I actually think otherwise. They are fairly consistent, but still slightly overmatched in some games.

They've won all the games they should handily except Ottawa, but even that one they outplayed them considerably but just made timely mistakes (mostly on third down).

Games against the good teams, they split Montreal (if you consider them good, and I think they are at least close), but then have lost against Winnipeg and Calgary, while keeping the games close, possibly even outplaying them in general, but falling a little short.

They are a very good middle tier team that has shown potential to jump into the upper tier. All that's needed for them to make that jump is a little more execution at critical moments of the game, if that happens, they could very well take Calgary once or possibly twice in this head to head, and go on a bit of a run to finish out the schedule.
    Last edited by bone; 08-28-2019 at 10:50 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I know where you're coming from, but I actually think otherwise. They are fairly consistent, but still slightly overmatched in some games.

They've won all the games they should handily except Ottawa, but even that one they outplayed them considerably but just made timely mistakes (mostly on third down).

Games against the good teams, they split Montreal (if you consider them good, and I think they are at least close), but then have lost against Winnipeg and Calgary, while keeping the games close, possibly even outplaying them in general, but falling a little short.

They are a very good middle tier team that has shown potential to jump into the upper tier. All that's needed for them to make that jump is a little more execution, if that happens, they could very well take Calgary once or possibly twice in this head to head, and go on a bit of a run to finish out the schedule.
    I agree with this statement. If they can pull off a win on Monday, things will calm down around the igloo for sure.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I'll wait for a diagnosis from Nafnikufesin.

vCash
    Blog Entries

ôRUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Wow good for him.

vCash

Sounds like Moore was practicing but not O'Donnell, Arjen or Colin Kelly
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Sounds like Moore was practicing but not O'Donnell, Arjen or Colin Kelly
    Oh, oh. Need O'Donnell in, and if Kelly's out too, our tackle positions are looking very sketchy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Oh, oh. Need O'Donnell in, and if Kelly's out too, our tackle positions are looking very sketchy.
    concerning for sure, lets see who suits up tomorrow as today was an off day. Those reports were from yesterdays practice.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Cannot give you any more rep or I would!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Cannot give you any more rep or I would!!
    done
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

I just don't think Calgary is that good. And I think the Eskimos will have a serious chip on their shoulders this week.

Calgary is 3-2 at home which isn't stellar. Edmonton is 4-1 at home.

Edmonton is 2nd in the league in PPG with 25.5. Calgary is 6th with 22.0.

Edmonton is 1st in the league in yards per play at 5.6. Calgary is 6th with 4.9.

Edmonton has allowed 6 sacks tis year. Calgary has allowed 26.

The Eskimos desfense has a league best 33 sacks. Calgary is 5th at 17.

Opposing offenses complete 58.9% of passes against Edmonton (best in the league) and a whopping 72.8% against Calgary, a league worst.

Very good chance the Eskimos take both games and I think they will. Not based on homerism, but on stats. It's science!
    Last edited by Deathsdoorstep; 08-29-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

I just don't think Calgary is that good. And I think the Eskimos will have a serious chip on their shoulders this week.

Edmonton is 1st in the league in yards per play at 5.6. Calgary is 6th with 4.9.

Opposing offenses complete 58.9% of passes against Edmonton (best in the league) and a whopping 72.8% against Calgary, a league worst.

Very good chance the Eskimos take both games and I think they will. Not based on homerism, but on stats. It's science!
    that's what I tell my wife when I spend the day at the bar betting on sports....it's no gambling babe it's science.
    I actually agree with you though Calgary is missing more than BLM that defence of theirs is like the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be.
    Edmonton is only a 2.5 point dog going into Calgary most years it's 10-14.
    Hope you're right.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

yay science
    #PizStrong

vCash

Some quick numbers on our kicking game...

Prior to injury, Hugh O'Neill was punting for a 46.30 average with a 38.29 yard net.
    Sean Whyte has been punting for a 41.80 average with a 33.61 yard net.

Hugh's kickoffs were averaging 63.10 yards. Sean is at 57.8

Considering the situation, I'd say Whyte is filling in admirably. Having said that, I don't think we can afford to continue to go this route if Hugh is beyond six games on the IR. Sean is behind every first string kicker on both punting and kickoff average. Net averages are worse, but that is more on our special teams as a whole than just the kicker. As well, Hugh kicks very well in bad weather; Sean doesn't have that strength. Heading into the stretch (and playoffs), we can't continue to give up 5-8 yards more every time we boot the ball away. It creates a big challenge to win football games. I think we really need to look at options.

vCash

Prior to injury, Hugh O'Neill was punting for a 46.30 average with a 38.29 yard net.

Considering the situation, I'd say Whyte is filling in admirably. Having said that, I don't think we can afford to continue to go this route if Hugh is beyond six games on the IR. Sean is behind every first string kicker on both punting and kickoff average. Net averages are worse, but that is more on our special teams as a whole than just the kicker. As well, Hugh kicks very well in bad weather; Sean doesn't have that strength. Heading into the stretch (and playoffs), we can't continue to give up 5-8 yards more every time we boot the ball away. It creates a big challenge to win football games. I think we really need to look at options.
    outstanding information and I agree, need Hugh back for the stretch run.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I also wonder if Sean's extra duties are hurting his FG game. Just anecdotal, but it seems like he hasn't been at his usual level lately.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Anyone have any insights into what available options are out there should the need arise? Can't think of any off the top of my head. I do recall someone mentioning in an earlier post that Grant Shaw would probably not be interested considering his current gig.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Looks like BLM could be available for the LD game...https://www.cfl.ca/2019/08/29/stamps...ell-6-game-il/