Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CFL Fantasy Football 2019

vCash

Re: CFL Fantasy Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    If you go into the league standings, there are tabs at the top for playoffs and season.
    Thanks T, I finished 4th in the Eskimo Empire one and first in the oneempire2017 one.
    #PizStrong

vCash

So three sub-par weeks in a row at the end of the season dropped me down from #13 overall to #23 out of 16,488 participants. And in the very tough and very large One Empire sub-league I finished at #2 out of 443 participants while in the TSN 1260 Edmonton sub-league I finished at #3 out of 338 participants. While my late season slide knocked me down to second or third in several major sub-leagues including the two I just mentioned, I still managed to keep my grip on top spot in a number of very large sub-leagues including these:

2017 CFL Fantasy (39 participants)
    Eskimo Empire Podcast (70)
    Esksfans.com (18)
    Ol' Spaghetti Legs (6)
    The Angry Birds (180)
    The Den (285)
    Ticat Fans (318 )
    TSN 1040 Vancouver (197)

I know I should be very pleased, but still I was within 43.4 points of a top five finish! Had I avoided blundering with a couple of picks in any of the final three weeks including last week I could have got it done! But my crystal ball wasn't good enough and I didn't get it done.

So I'm still racked with "would of, should of, could of" thoughts. Just goes to prove that a fellow is never satisfied. Some say that's a good thing but....

Last edited by Foxhound; 11-08-2019 at 09:48 AM.
    Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    So three sub-par weeks in a row at the end of the season dropped me down from #13 overall to #23 out of 16,488 participants. And in the very tough and very large One Empire sub-league I finished at #2 out of 443 participants while in the TSN 1260 Edmonton sub-league I finished at #3 out of 338 participants. While my late season slide knocked me down to second or third in several major sub-leagues, I still managed to keep my grip on top spot in a number of very large sub-leagues including these:

Eskimo Empire Podcast (70 participants)
    Esksfans.com (18)
    The Angry Birds (180)
    The Den (285)
    Ticat Fans (318 )
    TSN 1040 Vancouver (197)

I know I should be very pleased, but still I was within 43.4 points of a top five finish! Had I avoided blundering with a couple of picks in any of the final three weeks including last week I could have got it done! But my crystal ball wasn't good enough and I didn't get it done.

So I'm still racked with "would of, should of, could of" thoughts. Just goes to prove that a fellow is never satisfied. Some say that's a good thing but....

Well done, I finished 82.7 points behind you and in 4th on the podcast league but only 6 points out of second.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Well done, I finished 82.7 points behind you and in 4th on the podcast league but only 6 points out of second.
    And it's those six points that cause you to wince! It's "Why oh why did I opt to pick that bum? The other guy I was considering got 20 more points!"

At the start of the season my goal was to finish in the top fifty. But when I'd cracked the top forty with six or so weeks to go, I decided that I should be targetting the top ten. Then when I got to #13 with three weeks to go I realized that a finish within the top five was within my grasp! I had by this time noted that my picks and those of the other top players had been almost identical for several weeks and it would come down to picking player A rather than B and player C rather than D in the last three weeks. Well I was the one who picked the bums while certain other top participants picked the guy who burned up the stat sheet!

And most annoying of all was slipping to second or third in specific sub-Leagues after I'd spent all those weeks climbing the ladder to the top. Arrrggghhhh!!!

Sorry. I just need to vent.

Now of course there's still the Playoffs but doing well in Fantasy in just five games over three weeks is 85% luck.

Radically Canadian!