Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the CFL - 2019

vCash

Re: Around the CFL - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Well..... they're going to get more excited about BC, TO & Montréal on purpose, to help try to build excitement in those areas/for fans of those teams. No big deal.
    my thought exactly
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

So, you're saying that it's a compliment to us that they're ignoring us
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    So, you're saying that it's a compliment to us that they're ignoring us
    Indirectly, yes, I guess so haha.

I can tell you that since being on the BC scene - you may remember I was once an Eskies fan - it’s a whole different world....though you & others who live in BC probably already know that.

Calgary, Edmonton, Sask, Winnipeg & Hamilton & even Ottawa don’t need the hype machine. Sask gets kowtowed to because their viewership pays the bills — as my boy Aubrey says, I don’t need fake people showing fake love to me

(Aubrey = Aubrey DRAKE Graham)

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    That doesn't bode well for Zach Collaros. Honestly I hope Zach hangs it up he doesn't need to be in a wheelchair or having severe issues after football from all the concussions he's taken
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Confirming what everyone probably thought - Zach Collaros has been six-gamed by Saskatchewan.

Confirming what everyone probably thought - Zach Collaros has been six-gamed by Saskatchewan.
    Sucks for him man, I really wish he'd of hung it up when he had the chance, but I can appreciate why he might not have felt ready to.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Sucks for him man, I really wish he'd of hung it up when he had the chance, but I can appreciate why he might not have felt ready to.
    I hope he does he has kids he has a family some things are more important than football
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I hope he does he has kids he has a family some things are more important than football
    He did just get married a few weeks before training camp. No kids yet that I’m aware of, but agree with you. His whole life is ahead of him & these multiple concussions are a huge risk factor for some pretty horrible health outcomes & not so great quality of life related to that. Football should not be his end game right now (no pun intended).

vCash

Yup. He ought to listen to Matt Dunigan talk about this some time. He speaks powerfully about it.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash

The PA better not appeal that. If they care about their own players’ safety & long-term health as much as they say they do, they should go with it.

vCash

The PA better not appeal that. If they care about their own players’ safety & long-term health as much as they say they do, they should go with it.
    Could Collaros appeal the appeal, should it happen?
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Agreed....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

Really surprised by this.. I didn’t think the league had it in em, not after the fiascos in recent times

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post

GOOD
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

They will because they are the PA. And that's understandable.

It would look worse if the appeal is overturned after all the talk of keeping the quarterback safe.

vCash

I agree fully.

The PA is often put in the position of having to defend one member's financial situation, while continuing to advocate for player safety. In this case, and at this time, I think the most credible thing they could do is to accept it. I'm not sure how much discretion they have if the suspended player wants to bring forward an appeal, but presumably they could at least try to counsel them not to.

I had read a teammate's defence of Simoni that stated that he'd never been fined or suspended previously (don't know if that's accurate or not but would presume it is), and hearing Simoni talk about caring for Zach as a former teammate, I can buy the idea that this was not rooted in malicious intent, but at the very least it was reckless and the kind of play that football is (hopefully) serious about trying to remove. Likely the best course for Simoni is to lay low, serve his suspension and hope to put it in his rearview mirror, rather than dragging out the process. Perhaps would be a little different if Collaros was back practicing this week rather than being on the 6-game IR.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Agreed....

- - - Updated - - -

Really surprised by this.. I didn’t think the league had it in em, not after the fiascos in recent times
    X 2. Likely had to make a statement because of all the chatter on the internet. 3 downnation has been all over the hit.

vCash

The league really needs this to stick as it will set the precedent for the remainder of the year. Hopefully Simoni just takes it but I highly doubt he will.

vCash

The Riders have added national Olineman Kwabena Asare to their PR. He was released by The Esks June 6 th after spending last year on our PR.

vCash

In theory it's the player who appeals, not the PA. I don't believe the PA would or could appeal all on their own. The question would be if Lawrence sought to appeal would the PA take up the cause or tell him to go away. Does the PA even have a responsibility in the process? In other words does the player have to even go through them to appeal or can he bypass the PA and appeal directly to the league? I took a quick look at the CBA and the language surrounding discipline and player rights seemed to range from almost non-existent to very vague. There was language about fines and arbitration but nothing I could find that would deal with specifics like a suspension and the appeal process.

vCash

I would have liked to see the league give him longer because Lawrence has a history of being a dirty player but at least it's not 1 game. It wasn't a bang bang play, Collaros had slide long before the hit. Lawrence had time not to do it, he choose too. It was a dirty play. I echo what people are saying and hope the PA supports the suspension. They preach player safety. This was a blatant cheap shot aimed to hurt someone.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Theres a video of another head shot he did that same game. I can't tell who the ball carrier is but he is coming thru the line with defenders on him. He's clearly on the way down when Simoni dives at his head with his own helmet. No one is talking about that one.

vCash

It was William Powell and it's been mentioned on Twitter today by a few people.

vCash

If it truly is that much better for his family to have him playing in BC, then I can respect his decision to leave, but it’s still disappointing to think that after all he and this organization went through over the years that the legacy he could have left by staying is not going to be a reality now.

Loved him as an Esk and wish him well in the rest of his career, but I hope we kick his butt on Friday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    In theory it's the player who appeals, not the PA. I don't believe the PA would or could appeal all on their own. The question would be if Lawrence sought to appeal would the PA take up the cause or tell him to go away. Does the PA even have a responsibility in the process? In other words does the player have to even go through them to appeal or can he bypass the PA and appeal directly to the league? I took a quick look at the CBA and the language surrounding discipline and player rights seemed to range from almost non-existent to very vague. There was language about fines and arbitration but nothing I could find that would deal with specifics like a suspension and the appeal process.
    Thanks for clarifying. I hope the CFLPA does not support any request for appeal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    It was William Powell and it's been mentioned on Twitter today by a few people.
    Very rare a non qb is gonna get that call..

Not sure why .. it should but it never does or rarely

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Very rare a non qb is gonna get that call..

Not sure why .. it should but it never does or rarely
    seen it called in the nfl
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash