Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the CFL - 2019

vCash

Re: Around the CFL - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    and the Riders catch another HUGE break
    This is what kills me. He's suspended for two games and they're against the same team. Any particular reason they took six weeks to figure this out? Why wasn't he suspended on August 5th? Or September 3rd for that matter?

I haven't read all the stories yet but I would like to hear more about the process and timelines.

Have we had any major stroke of luck at any point in the last three years? Anything? From our entire coaching staff leaving at once due to tampering, to bad weather for our offence to pick-sixes off of guys' helmets to key players being suspended the week after we play them, it seems like the bounces go our way once in a blue moon.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2 View Post
    This is what kills me. He's suspended for two games and they're against the same team. Any particular reason they took six weeks to figure this out? Why wasn't he suspended on August 5th? Or September 3rd for that matter?

I haven't read all the stories yet but I would like to hear more about the process and timelines.

Have we had any major stroke of luck at any point in the last three years? Anything? From our entire coaching staff leaving at once due to tampering, to bad weather for our offence to pick-sixes off of guys' helmets to key players being suspended the week after we play them, it seems like the bounces go our way once in a blue moon.
    We did just play the bombers without a bunch of their starters including their QB. I would call that a lucky break but the Riders got ever luckier with a week more of game film on Streveler and no Harris.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Wonder if that puts a damper on all the MOP hype the TSN guys have been throwing Harris way as well.
    He won't be MOP, not now. Think of the optics if a guy is chosen MOP who had a drug suspension.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

We did just play the bombers without a bunch of their starters including their QB. I would call that a lucky break but the Riders got ever luckier with a week more of game film on Streveler and no Harris.
    I exclude injuries as that’s the kind of luck no one should be hoping for. We are missing as many as anyone on the OL and were previously short at LB.
    Last edited by gizmo fan 2; 08-26-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Would have been nice if the suspension came one game earlier. 21 pages on RF about Harris. " Riders will be tied for 1st place" when the Bomber series is over is their prediction. A few weeks back they were ready to string up Dickenson and McAdoo. Doctors in Sask. must make a good living from all the injuries there with fans jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Just remembered that in 2016 one of Sask. OT's and in 2018 Thigpen also suspended for PED's.
    Last edited by turftoe27; 08-26-2019 at 02:05 PM.

vCash

TSN and the CFL will sweep this under the rug and barely talk about it. Like others said if this was the Esks - we would be lambasted every day..... hypocrisy in this league.

vCash

crazy stuff...but coming from being a big fan and following MMA/UFC...(they got USADA testing, so have read up on a lot of commentary regarding) most EVERY ATHLETE is on PED's of some sort.

There are so many ways to dodge the tests...it cycles...pulses at different times...theres masking agents.

All these athletes and "supplements" now adays ...its a problem for sure...depending on how you view PED's.

I dont agree with PEDs... and also included is this culture even with non athletes today... "working out" and taking supplements that have god knows what infused with it as well... just so they get that body to take photos for instagram, i have no problem with being healthy, but its become a competition.

I chalk this up to Harris messing up his cycle with masking it...

and....to be honest...John White doesnt pass the eye test lol....
    Last edited by Maas_12; 08-26-2019 at 01:50 PM.

vCash

I also would like some transparency about how this all went down. Harris said he found about the positive test the week before they played Calgary.

So what allowed him to play a part in wins against Calgary, BC, and Edmonton before finally getting suspended before two crucial games against the Riders?

If I was Huff or Brock, I would certainly be asking that question to the CFL.

Also, I don’t believe that in this day and age, professional athletes don’t know what is entering their body. In my mind, Harris is now a cheater and will stay that way.

vCash

Harris appealed and they went off and tested the backup sample, with the same result. My guess is that's what happened in the past few weeks.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Full spectrum drug tests can be done in 24 hours. If there’s a positive result they can take up to a week to get retested. The timeline doesn’t add up even with the appeal.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Just reporting what I read somewhere. This might be what the CFL has access to.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Would have been nice if the suspension came one game earlier. 21 pages on RF about Harris. " Riders will be tied for 1st place" when the Bomber series is over is their prediction. A few weeks back they were ready to string up Dickenson and McAdoo. Doctors in Sask. must make a good living from all the injuries there with fans jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Just remembered that in 2016 one of Sask. OT's and in 2018 Thigpen also suspended for PED's.
    I wouldn't be so sure of that the Bombers defence and ST is very good, Sask's offence isn't that great I still think these games will be very difficult particularly the return match at home.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure of that the Bombers defence and ST is very good, Sask's offence isn't that great I still think these games will be very difficult particularly the return match at home.
    Gonna be a split u would assume right?

Sask O ain’t that good...

Both defences are solid and takecaway tecfootall..

I can see a split

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Gonna be a split u would assume right?

Sask O ain’t that good...

Both defences are solid and takecaway tecfootall..

I can see a split
    I can see a split too I think O'Shea will have some tricks up his sleeve with Streveler and the STs but hey who knows at this point
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I can see a split too I think O'Shea will have some tricks up his sleeve with Streveler and the STs but hey who knows at this point
    All depends on if Winnipeg can protect the ball (which they are usually good at). Saskatchewan feasts on turnovers. If turnovers are equal or in Winnipegs favor, I just can't see a sweep for Saskatchewan.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    All depends on if Winnipeg can protect the ball (which they are usually good at). Saskatchewan feasts on turnovers. If turnovers are equal or in Winnipegs favor, I just can't see a sweep for Saskatchewan.
    You are 100% right on that, their offence is mediocre but they are very adept at point off turnovers.
    I'm not saying Sask is a great team but who have they beaten? Montreal in a weather stopped game when the Als were down to their 3rd qb, Hamilton whom was missing a bunch of players, Ottawa (BFD) and BC oh and Toronto. Until they beat Calgary, or us or Winnipeg I'm not ready to crown their asses.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Well these look cool
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Love our canoe logo... miss it dearly!

vCash

I'm not saying Sask is a great team but who have they beaten? Montreal in a weather stopped game when the Als were down to their 3rd qb, Hamilton whom was missing a bunch of players, Ottawa (BFD) and BC oh and Toronto. Until they beat Calgary, or us or Winnipeg I'm not ready to crown their asses.
    Meanwhile, we've beaten Montreal (with Pipkin, not Adams), BC twice, Toronto twice, and Ottawa.

That was depressing. It'll all change this weekend, right?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Meanwhile, we've beaten Montreal (with Pipkin, not Adams), BC twice, Toronto twice, and Ottawa.

That was depressing. It'll all change this weekend, right?
    Oh I'm quite aware we haven't beaten anyone good either.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Oh I'm quite aware we haven't beaten anyone good either.
    yep, the game on Monday is HUGE
    #PizStrong

vCash

yep, the game on Monday is HUGE
    This whole stretch is. A six game stretch with two vs. Calgary, one vs. the Bombers and two more against Hamilton will go a long way to showing where the Esks fit with the league. At the end of it, they could be anywhere from scraping for the final playoff spot with Ottawa (who they also play in this stretch), to being in the driver seat for a home playoff game.

However, it starts with going 1-0 on Monday.
    Last edited by bone; 08-27-2019 at 12:02 PM.

vCash

Maybe use Streveler as a Wr / RB and put in their 3rd string Qb.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    TSN and the CFL will sweep this under the rug and barely talk about it. Like others said if this was the Esks - we would be lambasted every day..... hypocrisy in this league.
    the League + TSN have been pretty quiet on this matter (so far )

vCash

I’m curious why everyone is saying the Riders don’t have a good offence. They are 2nd in net yards per game, 2nd in average yards per play, and 3rd in offensive points per game.

Yes, they’ve played a fairly soft schedule but so have the Esks who have similarity high offensive rankings.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    Lots of misdirection, Bombers offence has alot of speed
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I’m curious why everyone is saying the Riders don’t have a good offence. They are 2nd in net yards per game, 2nd in average yards per play, and 3rd in offensive points per game.

Yes, they’ve played a fairly soft schedule but so have the Esks who have similarity high offensive rankings.
    Yes, Sask is a little scary right now; they're on a roll. Against all expectations, Fajardo has ignited that offense. They're going to be in the mix at the end of the season.

vCash

At the beginning of the year, with the coaching fiasco, I expected to write the Riders off. However, anyone writing them off right now would be foolishly underestimating them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    At the beginning of the year, with the coaching fiasco, I expected to write the Riders off. However, anyone writing them off right now would be foolishly underestimating them.
    Yep, I have the Bombers and Riders as my top 2 teams right now. That makes Harris getting caught cheating all the more frustrating as I was really excited to see the two teams go at each other.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    You can't. Once a player has been designated as a QB at any point during a season, they are a QB for the entire season, and you can only have 1 QB on the field at a time.
    They have used him in Wildcat formations with good effect, but you can't have a second QB on the field when Streveler is already on it.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.