Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Around the CFL - 2019

vCash

Re: Around the CFL - 2019

Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released receiver Chris Matthews. Likely a combo of under performing this year and the stabbing incident in a Winnipeg restaurant along with the contract being guaranteed in a few days. Darvin Adams coming off the 6 game will take Matthews spot.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Great to see these games sold out should make for a great atmposphere...am really looking forward to watching all of the games. https://3downnation.com/2019/08/28/r...to-stampeders/
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers have released receiver Chris Matthews. Likely a combo of under performing this year and the stabbing incident in a Winnipeg restaurant along with the contract being guaranteed in a few days. Darvin Adams coming off the 6 game will take Matthews spot.
    I wonder if another team will take a stab at him for their roster?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Great to see these games sold out should make for a great atmposphere...am really looking forward to watching all of the games. https://3downnation.com/2019/08/28/r...to-stampeders/

No way will the Stumps have a sellout. Might be lucky to top the 30,000 mark....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    I wonder if another team will take a stab at him for their roster?

vCash

I'll be at the Wpg-Sask one, my mom's friend has tickets to the executive suite and wanted my wife and I to come up for it. 2 teams I can't stand but the chance to see a game from an executive suite...can't turn that down
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I'll be at the Wpg-Sask one, my mom's friend has tickets to the executive suite and wanted my wife and I to come up for it. 2 teams I can't stand but the chance to see a game from an executive suite...can't turn that down
    are you going to be making noise for both defenses LOL
    #PizStrong

vCash

WINNIPEG, MB., August 28, 2019 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has added International quarterback Kevin Anderson to the practice roster.

Anderson (6’2, 215, Fordham, Boca Raton, FL.) spent rookie camp with the team in 2019. He played four seasons for the Fordham Rams, completing 580 passes for 7,663 yards and 73 touchdowns. Anderson holds the record for most touchdown passes in the school’s history and ranks top ten all-time in career passing yards and completions. In 2018, Anderson spent time with the Orlando Apollos of the AAF.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/08/...actice-roster/
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    are you going to be making noise for both defenses LOL
    Nope it's all rider fans and I don't want to get kicked out cause open bar so I'll just say how much I hate the bombers not mentioning it's even more for the riders.....see not lying and smart
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Nope it's all rider fans and I don't want to get kicked out cause open bar so I'll just say how much I hate the bombers not mentioning it's even more for the riders.....see not lying and smart
    smart man, smart man
    #PizStrong

vCash

The Toronto Argonauts announced Thursday that the football club has signed seven-year-old National running back Darius Raso to a one-day contract. Raso will attend team meetings in the morning to get acquainted with his new teammates before taking part in his first Double Blue practice in the afternoon at Lamport Stadium. Monday, September 1st will then see Raso play in his first Labour Day Classic vs the rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats from Tim Hortons Field.

“We are thrilled to add a player of Raso’s stature to our roster,” said Argonauts General Manager Jim Popp. “Raso’s determination, strength and love for football and the Toronto Argonauts are an inspiration to us all and we know he will be a tremendous asset both in the locker room and on the field.”

The running back has been suffering from acute lymphocytic leukemia for a year now, undergoing chemotherapy regularly and as recently as last week. Raso’s love for football and the Toronto Argonauts has been instrumental during his fight with cancer. The Kleinburg, Ontario native attended the Argos game on August 1st, a win over the league-leading Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and has been following the team very closely, a welcome distraction from treatments. Raso is excited to get to work with his new team and make an immediate impact.

vCash

awesome!!!!!!
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    The Toronto Argonauts announced Thursday that the football club has signed seven-year-old National running back Darius Raso to a one-day contract. Raso will attend team meetings in the morning to get acquainted with his new teammates before taking part in his first Double Blue practice in the afternoon at Lamport Stadium. Monday, September 1st will then see Raso play in his first Labour Day Classic vs the rival Hamilton Tiger-Cats from Tim Hortons Field.

“We are thrilled to add a player of Raso’s stature to our roster,” said Argonauts General Manager Jim Popp. “Raso’s determination, strength and love for football and the Toronto Argonauts are an inspiration to us all and we know he will be a tremendous asset both in the locker room and on the field.”

The running back has been suffering from acute lymphocytic leukemia for a year now, undergoing chemotherapy regularly and as recently as last week. Raso’s love for football and the Toronto Argonauts has been instrumental during his fight with cancer. The Kleinburg, Ontario native attended the Argos game on August 1st, a win over the league-leading Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and has been following the team very closely, a welcome distraction from treatments. Raso is excited to get to work with his new team and make an immediate impact.
    Kudos to the Argos.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash

x10
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Well done Argos!!!

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    He won't be MOP, not now. Think of the optics if a guy is chosen MOP who had a drug suspension.
    Well a lot of the prognosticators at 3downnation still seem to think that he should win the Most Outstanding Canadian Award which I also think is bad optics even though there may not be a strong alternate candidate. Personally if I had a vote I wouldn't be able to cast one for him in any of the categories.https://3downnation.com/2019/08/29/2...ons-revisited/

vCash

Well a lot of the prognosticators at 3downnation still seem to think that he should win the Most Outstanding Canadian Award which I also think is bad optics even though there may not be a strong alternate candidate. Personally if I had a vote I wouldn't be able to cast one for him in any of the categories.https://3downnation.com/2019/08/29/2...ons-revisited/
    Surprised Boateng isn't getting any mentions
    #PizStrong

vCash

I'm kinda shocked the CFL and TSN has been pretty quiet on this matter. CFL has a great opportunity to bring PED use to the surface. Use Harris an example / stepping stone to something... anything. positive or negative. But alas not a peep. To me sweeping it under the carpet because its who it is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I'm kinda shocked the CFL and TSN has been pretty quiet on this matter. CFL has a great opportunity to bring PED use to the surface. Use Harris an example / stepping stone to something... anything. positive or negative. But alas not a peep. To me sweeping it under the carpet because its who it is.
    I’m not surprised at all. Fair or not, the narrative is out there that Canadians are inferior at football to their American counterparts. So when the best Canadian player in the league who is possibly the only Canadian that is the best at their position gets caught cheating, I’m not surprised that TSN doesn’t want to shed too much light on it.

Can you imagine if it had been Duron Carter? Now that’s a story that TSN would’ve been all over.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    to be fair, TSN had a whole "3 downs" as Andrew Harris Edition.

but yes... no league really wants to dispel PED use to the forefront.(which i dont really agree with on ethical level)

like look at NBA and NHL... very LAX drug testing if you ask me...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    You can't. Once a player has been designated as a QB at any point during a season, they are a QB for the entire season, and you can only have 1 QB on the field at a time.
    They have used him in Wildcat formations with good effect, but you can't have a second QB on the field when Streveler is already on it.
    Too bad I wouldn't mind seeing that in action
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

I got 2 tickets given to me on Oct 4 in Hamilton. 50 Yard line 8 rows from the Esks bench Thank you Randy it helps to know the commish . :-) I will be rocking my Esks Jersey. I wonder how many people will know who 29 Hollimon is anymore. Even when I was trying out for the Bison's in 83 people were wondering why I wanted 29.
    Last edited by danlaurin; 08-29-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I got 2 tickets given to me on Oct 4 in Hamilton. 50 Yard line 8 rows from the Esks bench Thank you Randy it helps to know the commish . :-) I will be rocking my Esks Jersey. I wonder how many people will know who 29 Hollimon is anymore. Even when I was trying out for the Bison's in 83 people were wondering why I wanted 29.
    very sweet maybe we'll see you on tv!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Kwaku's Canadian, is he not?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    I have one of those retro 70's Hollimon jersey's as well. When I was trying to decide on player/number, there were so many greats to choose from; I opted for a guy that never really got the recognition he deserved. Great player.

Last edited by Hugoagogo; 08-30-2019 at 10:03 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
    Kwaku's Canadian, is he not?
    yep he is
    #PizStrong

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Als have signed him...https://3downnation.com/2019/08/30/r...the-alouettes/

vCash

great pickup for them... QB Adams and Khari surely to target him more than the dink/dunk of nichols.

- - - Updated - - -

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/30/l...chicago-bears/

Betts Esks property cut...not sure if he'll exhaust for a while NFL before coming here?

https://3downnation.com/2019/08/30/n...l-connections/

Singleton also cut... heard he showed really really well too...NFL politics takes another one...

vCash

ya gotta figure someone will look at Singleton

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Meanwhile, we've beaten Montreal (with Pipkin, not Adams), BC twice, Toronto twice, and Ottawa.

That was depressing. It'll all change this weekend, right?
    Hey maybe we can catch you yet! BC is going into a 5 game stretch where they get Montreal twice, Ottawa twice and Toronto! Also get 5 home games with only 3 left on the road the rest of the way. Mind you our only win was on the road.
    Last edited by Hammer24; 08-31-2019 at 10:57 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    Singleton also cut... heard he showed really really well too...NFL politics takes another one...
    Singleton may have opted for a team with few opportunities. ESPN's article today projecting everybody's 53 had the Eagles keeping 10 DL, 9 DB and only 5 LB noting keeping only 5 might be fine because they usually only play 2 in their scheme. Having said that he saw lots of action in preseason and put up some impressive stats. I have a feeling he won't be waiting long for the NFL phone to ring. He can't have gone unnoticed by teams running a more conventional 4-3 or 3-4 scheme.
    Last edited by Hammer24; 08-31-2019 at 10:58 AM.