Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 817

Thread: Around the CFL - 2019

  1. #781
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,593
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    This article says that Pinball already turned down the job twice earlier this season. They've been trying to dump Popp for a while.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  2. #782
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Collaros traded to Winnipeg.

    No surprise there as I can't see Streveler leading them to any wins in the playoffs.

  3. #783
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Collaros traded to Winnipeg.

    No surprise there as I can't see Streveler leading them to any wins in the playoffs.
    Was hoping Zach would retire, so many concussions. Makes sense for Winnipeg to get an experienced QB. With Harris turning 33 next year they might as well go for all the marbles now.

  4. #784
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,524
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    92

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    I guess the Bombers needed to do something but Collaros wasn’t very good last year and has only played a down this season. I wonder how much he has left to give at this point.

  5. #785
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,706
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Collaros won't do anything.. he's one hit from being completely effed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Was hoping Zach would retire, so many concussions. Makes sense for Winnipeg to get an experienced QB. With Harris turning 33 next year they might as well go for all the marbles now.
    Ahhh the cheater... who's looked completely average since his suspension....

  6. #786
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,407
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    545

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Canadian G, Ryan Hunter has been released by the KC Chiefs. Made their PR last year and made the Chiefs roster this year. Was the 1st rd. draft pick of the Argos in 2018. Will be a good acquisition for Toronto when he comes north.

  7. #787
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,229
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Collaros traded to Winnipeg.

    No surprise there as I can't see Streveler leading them to any wins in the playoffs.
    Itís gonna take him 3 weeks to learn the offence... trading qbs in October is pretty hard.. especially on the qb.. unless they are getting him upto speed for the playoff game. And hope he doesnít lean back to hard on the headrest on the coach ride to the stadium..

  8. #788
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    404
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s gonna take him 3 weeks to learn the offence... trading qbs in October is pretty hard.. especially on the qb.. unless they are getting him upto speed for the playoff game. And hope he doesn’t lean back to hard on the headrest on the coach ride to the stadium..
    OR... WPG could use some of that Rider playbook

  9. #789
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,593
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    274

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Lemar Durant is out for the season.

    Rough for him...one less weapon to overcome for us.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  10. #790
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    It’s gonna take him 3 weeks to learn the offence... trading qbs in October is pretty hard.. especially on the qb.. unless they are getting him upto speed for the playoff game. And hope he doesn’t lean back to hard on the headrest on the coach ride to the stadium..
    He's an upgrade over Streveler IMO.

  11. #791
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    He's an upgrade over Streveler IMO.
    For how long?
    #PizStrong

  12. #792
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    528
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Lemar Durant is out for the season.

    Rough for him...one less weapon to overcome for us.
    With Durant and Cory Greenwood going down, if Kwaku can have a strong finish to the season he might get strong consideration for the MOC award (assuming people won't vote for Andrew Harris due to his PED issues). I can't think of any other Canadians left standing that would be outright more worthy than Kwaku.
    Is it game day yet?????

  13. #793
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,229
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    He's an upgrade over Streveler IMO.
    Honestly.. I’d stick with strev..

    Your now showing your locker room u don’t believe in the guy who u said u did..

    Stick to his upside, don’t ask him to be mike reilly.. u can still win with steveller

  14. #794
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat, AB
    Posts
    9,972
    vCash
    0
    Rep Power
    350

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    He's an upgrade over Streveler IMO.
    No way he is. Jello brain is no way to play football. Zach should have hung them up.
    #PizStrong

  15. #795
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,706
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Honestly.. I’d stick with strev..

    Your now showing your locker room u don’t believe in the guy who u said u did..

    Stick to his upside, don’t ask him to be mike reilly.. u can still win with steveller
    This... Since Nichols was officially announced as done for the season , IMO, they'd tried to make him into Nichols... Play to his strengths... run run run

  16. #796
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    No way he is. Jello brain is no way to play football. Zach should have hung them up.
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.

  17. #797
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.
    take injuries out of the equation and you are 100% right but how long is Zach going to last?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.
    take injuries out of the equation and you are 100% right but how long is Zach going to last? and how are the doctors still letting him suit up?
    #PizStrong

  18. #798
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,229
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    205

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.
    I agree with you.. people were raving about Steve on here in pre season and I did then he can’t pass.. nothing has changed.. it’s on lapolice to do something about it

  19. #799
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    take injuries out of the equation and you are 100% right but how long is Zach going to last?

    - - - Updated - - -



    take injuries out of the equation and you are 100% right but how long is Zach going to last? and how are the doctors still letting him suit up?
    Such a good question you had to post it twice

    The statement I made was upside, not injuries. Collaros over Streveler every day of the week for me.

    Concussions are a scary thing. We don't know exactly what Collaros's head is like right now. My cousin hit her head 5 years ago and still has concussion symptoms today. She can't even work anymore.

    I've heard that everyone reacts differently to concussions. So I can't say for sure Collaros' head is good to go but evidently he's being cleared. I'm not sure why he wasn't cleared in TO but maybe the Winnipeg medical staff has cleared him?

  20. #800
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,623
    vCash
    19182
    Rep Power
    136

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.
    He's still young enough that he can improve, but the more games he gets under his belt and is unable to tighten up his passing is another game closer to obscurity for him. That game last week was just ridiculous. He absolutely did enough to win that game, but as soon as he get into scoring position.... turnover. You can't do that and expect a career.

  21. #801
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,760
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    720

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Such a good question you had to post it twice

    The statement I made was upside, not injuries. Collaros over Streveler every day of the week for me.

    Concussions are a scary thing. We don't know exactly what Collaros's head is like right now. My cousin hit her head 5 years ago and still has concussion symptoms today. She can't even work anymore.

    I've heard that everyone reacts differently to concussions. So I can't say for sure Collaros' head is good to go but evidently he's being cleared. I'm not sure why he wasn't cleared in TO but maybe the Winnipeg medical staff has cleared him?
    I'm very surprised he's being allowed back on the field if I'm being honest.
    #PizStrong

  22. #802
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,292
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Concussions are a scary thing. We don't know exactly what Collaros's head is like right now. My cousin hit her head 5 years ago and still has concussion symptoms today. She can't even work anymore.

    I've heard that everyone reacts differently to concussions. So I can't say for sure Collaros' head is good to go but evidently he's being cleared. I'm not sure why he wasn't cleared in TO but maybe the Winnipeg medical staff has cleared him?
    Having had 15 concussions that they know about (medical attention etc.) I can say that they're nothing to take lightly. True, some can shake it off and be back in a few weeks - but it's the scar tissue and chance of a bounceback concussion that he should be worried about. If you're not healed up enough from the first one, the next one will be worse and so on and so forth. Zach hasn't played since the first snap of the year if I remember right and he's still not cleared to practice from what it sounds like.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  23. #803
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    5,854
    vCash
    1864
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Having had 15 concussions that they know about (medical attention etc.) I can say that they're nothing to take lightly. True, some can shake it off and be back in a few weeks - but it's the scar tissue and chance of a bounceback concussion that he should be worried about. If you're not healed up enough from the first one, the next one will be worse and so on and so forth. Zach hasn't played since the first snap of the year if I remember right and he's still not cleared to practice from what it sounds like.
    It seems to be a low risk trade for the Bombers as they really didn't give up a heck of a lot to get him so, why not try it?

    I've had one concussion in my life and it's a scary thing for sure. I stopped playing football after that as I had no desire to experience something like that again.

    I'm not saying Collaros should be playing. All I'm saying is he's a better QB that Streveler and he's an upgrade at this point. I've seen Zach play and when he's on he looks good. But evidently he's the one still pursuing a career in football. I'm guessing people have told him to stop and he's choosing not to listen.

  24. #804
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Spruce Grove
    Posts
    7,292
    vCash
    100
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    164

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    I've had one concussion in my life and it's a scary thing for sure. I stopped playing football after that as I had no desire to experience something like that again.
    To be fair, if I was asked to play tomorrow and was able to somehow get cleared medically - I'd play again. Injuries cut my career short and the urge to play is still there after 20 some years.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

  25. #805
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Sterveler can barely throw the ball. Yes, Collaros' brain is potential mush but to me, Streveler isn't an all-around QB. At times he kind of reminds of Nealon Greene. Great runner, subpar passer.

    That's just me. I know others see it differently but I like a QB who can pass and you don't rely on them to run. That's what you have RB's for.
    In their current 1-4 stretch the Bomber offense still has averaged around 375 yards in offense. In the first 4 games before the Riders kept them out of the end zone they scored 11 offensive TDs. So it's not like they haven't been able to generate offense under Streveler. What has killed them is untimely turnovers. Against the Riders they turned the ball over 3 times, 2 picks and a fumble, all in the second half and all when they were already in FG position if not the red zone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    It seems to be a low risk trade for the Bombers as they really didn't give up a heck of a lot to get him so, why not try it?

    I've had one concussion in my life and it's a scary thing for sure. I stopped playing football after that as I had no desire to experience something like that again.

    I'm not saying Collaros should be playing. All I'm saying is he's a better QB that Streveler and he's an upgrade at this point. I've seen Zach play and when he's on he looks good. But evidently he's the one still pursuing a career in football. I'm guessing people have told him to stop and he's choosing not to listen.
    I don't think the Bombers are looking at Collaros as anything more than insurance depth and possibly an option in the playoffs. It's going to take him at least 2 or 3 weeks to understand enough of the offense to be a possible upgrade over Streveler who has worked with their offense for 2 full years.

  26. #806
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,615
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Meant to come on here and bitch about it but seriously ticks me off there are no games on Thanksgiving Monday. That has been a tradition since I have been watching this league....almost there with Labour Day.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

  27. #807
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    800
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Meant to come on here and bitch about it but seriously ticks me off there are no games on Thanksgiving Monday. That has been a tradition since I have been watching this league....almost there with Labour Day.
    I doubt you'll see a return of the Thanksgiving day game. The CFL has become too much interested in player safety. Having one so late in the season means a long week for a couple of teams followed by a short week and all with only 2 or 3 games left. Next year the time between Thanksgiving and final weekend will be even shorter. The league will suck it up for Labour Day because there's a lot more season left to go. As far as Labour Day goes however for the Lions fan it's not something I can get excited about. It's like a special event that is intended for others. They're big deals out on the prairies but just another 3 games out of the 81 games on the schedule. Thanksgiving would be no different in that regard.

  28. #808
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    12,529
    vCash
    4666
    Rep Power
    1035

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

  29. #809
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Edmonton Area
    Posts
    44,706
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Was wondering whom they where going to get after Reilly went down. Personally I was hoping we would have taken a shot on Bridge, as I think Maas could do wonders with him

  30. #810
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    14,615
    vCash
    1462
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Around the CFL - 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer24 View Post
    I doubt you'll see a return of the Thanksgiving day game. The CFL has become too much interested in player safety. Having one so late in the season means a long week for a couple of teams followed by a short week and all with only 2 or 3 games left. Next year the time between Thanksgiving and final weekend will be even shorter. The league will suck it up for Labour Day because there's a lot more season left to go. As far as Labour Day goes however for the Lions fan it's not something I can get excited about. It's like a special event that is intended for others. They're big deals out on the prairies but just another 3 games out of the 81 games on the schedule. Thanksgiving would be no different in that regard.
    Yeah I think you are right. I thought The Lions played the Alouettes labour day weekend for about 15 straight years before the league went away from that...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

    Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

    #PizStrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •