Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 Predict the standings thread

vCash

Re: 2019 Predict the standings thread

When you finish last in the division with the best QB in the league, and then lose said qb, I think it’s fair to question the Esks this year.

It’s up to the players to prove the doubters wrong.

I could see the Esks and lions going anywhere in the standings, there are so many changes that it’s tough to handicap both of them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    When you finish last in the division with the best QB in the league, and then lose said qb, I think it’s fair to question the Esks this year.

It’s up to the players to prove the doubters wrong.

I could see the Esks and lions going anywhere in the standings, there are so many changes that it’s tough to handicap both of them.
    Agreed.

Likewise, when said QB goes to a new team, to pick up a new offence, and gel with new teammates, I think it's fair to question the Lions this year too.

Or, when 11 of 24 starters change over, including 3 players on the top 50 list, and the reigning most outstanding Canadian player, I think it's fair to question the Stamps this year too.

You're absolutely right that it's up to the players now (and coaches), and I think you're right that the Esks, like a few other teams, could finish anywhere from first to worst in their division.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    Yup, and I've said it before about the Stamps but..... Singleton, Thurman, Micah Johnson, Davis, Evans...... (I feel like I'm missing someone) is a lot of talented Vets not helping the new DC break in. Then no Davaris Daniels, Marken Michal, Even if Breakfast and Rogers are solid. My point is that when a GM needs to plug a couple holes on a good team, you can flood TC with that role, pick the best, and be in a good position. Even Huff can't flood TC with DBs, LBs, D-Line, and Receivers. Two Starting O-line not back either....
    Is your “Breakfast” also named Juwan Brescacin? Is it someone else?

vCash

I think some people call him that. The stamps were having Breakfast in Bagel town a lot last year....
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie123 View Post
    Is your “Breakfast” also named Juwan Brescacin? Is it someone else?
    Lol

vCash

If everything breaks right the Esks could easily be a 12+ win team this year. While losing Reilly hurts a lot, most of the games that we lost last year were directly because of the offense continually going 2-0 on two 9 routes that didn't connect. I think Harris being a bit more conservative can be a very good thing.

That said, I look at the OL and WR's with their current injuries already and a 12+ loss team also feels plausible.

It's a boom or bust roster and there are all kinds of unknowns. Hopefully the D is as good as advertised and getting Montreal at home should be a nice layup to start the year and hopefully have Daniels and Bond back for G2.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Esks could easily be 4th or 5th in the West.
    If we were put on this earth to help others, what were the others put on earth for?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Or 1st....

Way more positives than negatives

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    He's back!!!
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

So far I’m looking pretty good
    It might be all downhill from here, so going to enjoy this moment.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    A very exciting time of year, my predictions are:

West

1. Winnipeg (12-6) - Continuity is the name of the game with the Bombers. Everyone else seems to have some sort of upheaval.
    2. Calgary (11-7) - I keep thinking Calgary is going to fall off but until they do, I'm going to pick them to at least challenge for first.
    3. Edmonton (10-8) - Going to get better and better as the season goes but the amount of off season changes leads us to a bit of slow start
    4. BC (9-9) - Reilly wills them into some wins but rookie coaching mistakes and a new offensive scheme for Mike, takes some time to get going.
    5. Sask (8-10) - The loss of Jones and Willie Jefferson are bigger than originally thought.

East

1. Hamilton (11-7) - Best QB in the East = top position
    2. Toronto (8-10) - Who is going to be under center and will they be able to keep the job? I suspect they are going to be bouncing around the bottom end of the standing before settling in to the middle of the pack.
    3. Ottawa (7-11) - Biggest unknown in my eyes, they could be anywhere from 1st to last in the east.
    4. Montreal (6-12) - Controversy spills onto the field and they finish last again.
    Early season but it looks like I underestimated Montreal and over estimated on both BC and Toronto
    #PizStrong