Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancer is gone from the locker room

vCash

Re: Cancer is gone from the locker room

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    That's kinda how I read it too. I don't think this was a simple case of it all coming down to one or two guys in particular, but more of a rift that started with Rhodes decision and rippled outward creating a cancerous environment. As much as I loved guys like Reilly, Grymes, Walker etc. in green and gold, I think it's healthy for the club to turn the page on the Hervey era and start fresh like they have this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    I would take Zylstra, Duke and Mitchell back in a heartbeat. I don't know what happened to that Offense in the second half of last season but something did. IMO Reilly looked checked out for a lot of it. The offense had no rhythm just lets go Deep over and over again.
    It seems that Mike Reilly himself was an Ed Hervey loyalist. I'm wondering therefore whether he might have been a major part of the cancer.

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    It seems that Mike Reilly himself was an Ed Hervey loyalist. I'm wondering therefore whether he might have been a major part of the cancer.

He may have been. I wouldn't rule it out, but I do believe he still was giving it his all for the team right through the last game.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

This would truly shock me. It just never seemed to be a part of his character from what I've seen.
    “RUN THE DANG BALL!" -Leigh Anne Tuohy character from the film The Blind Side

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    He may have been. I wouldn't rule it out, but I do believe he still was giving it his all for the team right through the last game.
    Looking back it seems Mike let off the gas about half way through the season. Just wasn't the same and had already checked out.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Looking back it seems Mike let off the gas about half way through the season. Just wasn't the same and had already checked out.
    He didn't look much different in his first game with BC. I think it had more to do with a lack of synchronization.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    He didn't look much different in his first game with BC. I think it had more to do with a lack of synchronization.
    Could very well be. I'm of the feeling now that "thanks for everything you did" but at the same time "you're the enemy now so friends off".
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Could very well be. I'm of the feeling now that "thanks for everything you did" but at the same time "you're the enemy now so friends off".
    Agreed...but that's very different from being called a cancer in my books. If they give them a tribute or a cheer to start the game then I'll join in after that I'll be rooting for Almondo to knock the snot out of him between the lines.

"Next time, take a case of Pil into the huddle. If you don't get a beer, get the hell off the field!" -New special teams coach for the Riders

"When the Eskimos are out on defense it looks like there are two or three number 47s out there." -Duane Ford

"...I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I enjoy the banter though ..." -Looner

Opus is offline Then start asking the right ******* questions.

Super Moderator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    For anyone blaming Mod for this story, why?
    He's a sack of crap, minus the sack?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by adb View Post
    Agreed...but that's very different from being called a cancer in my books. If they give them a tribute or a cheer to start the game then I'll join in after that I'll be rooting for Almondo to knock the snot out of him between the lines.
    Well the esks put on they **** kickers last night ...

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    well the esks put on they **** kickers last night ...
    It...Was...Awesome!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    He's a sack of crap, minus the sack?
    Sure, but he's a reporter doing his job. Idon't blame him for trying to find a story and running with it.

vCash
    Blog Entries

It's a lot more interesting than this Debbie-downer piece that Jones put out today: https://edmontonsun.com/sports/footb...season-success
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    It's a lot more interesting than this Debbie-downer piece that Jones put out today: https://edmontonsun.com/sports/footb...season-success
    As happy as I've been over our start, he's not wrong. We have won 2 home games against what it appears to be 2 of the lower ranked teams, those are the games you are supposed to win. I'll be living on cloud 9 if we can do the same to the Bombers on Thursday but I'm not expecting it. We are coming off of a short week and the Bombers are more than rested, this will be a tough one to win but I'm confident we can do it.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    As happy as I've been over our start, he's not wrong. We have won 2 home games against what it appears to be 2 of the lower ranked teams, those are the games you are supposed to win. I'll be living on cloud 9 if we can do the same to the Bombers on Thursday but I'm not expecting it. We are coming off of a short week and the Bombers are more than rested, this will be a tough one to win but I'm confident we can do it.
    Winnipeg Free Press saying Bomber WR Chris Matthews will be back from the injured list for our visit. Will be interesting how Lolley handles the speed of Adams and Matthews. Plus the threat of Harris. Big test coming up, hopefully no dumb penalties to aide Wpg.

vCash

Really wasn't this just an opportunity for Jones to run with his hate-on for Ed Hervey?

Before the game wasn't BC a team that was going to be challenging for first and the Eskimos fighting to stay out of the basement?

No doubt that Winnipeg is expected to be a top tier team this year.

vCash

I see he has pointed out there is a new penalty in the CFL. "Reilly was sacked seven times that counted. He was on the receiving end of five rushing-the-passer penalties that didn’t count."

vCash

Stop giving Lard clicks.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

I wonder if the so called "Cancer" according to Whyte was Edwards. End of the game, he's walking by Harris, Harris goes to shake his hand. I assume Harris didn't say anything other than something around good game and he tries to pick a fight.

I wasn't a fan of his and glad he's not on the Esks.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I wonder if the so called "Cancer" according to Whyte was Edwards. End of the game, he's walking by Harris, Harris goes to shake his hand. I assume Harris didn't say anything other than something around good game and he tries to pick a fight.

I wasn't a fan of his and glad he's not on the Esks.
    I fully believe he was at least part of it but that is 100% speculation on my part.

vCash

Edwards lost his cool a couple of other times during the game as well, that weren't mentioned by the commentators. One was on a failed goal line stand. I wonder what was bugging him, other than losing to the team that got rid of him.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I fully believe he was at least part of it but that is 100% speculation on my part.
    It had to have been a collection of players IMO. He was definitely a part.

vCash

Edwards lost his cool a couple of other times during the game as well, that weren't mentioned by the commentators. One was on a failed goal line stand. I wonder what was bugging him, other than losing to the team that got rid of him.
    Maybe he's just an ******* hot head
    In Rod we trust

vCash

TSN must have been disappointed. I'm sure they had high expectations when the Maas Cam was watching him put his challenge flag away. Not the reaction they had hoped for I'm sure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    TSN must have been disappointed. I'm sure they had high expectations when the Maas Cam was watching him put his challenge flag away. Not the reaction they had hoped for I'm sure.
    Like watching happy Gilmore when he finally learns how to play golf properly!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Like watching happy Gilmore when he finally learns how to play golf properly!
    thats GOLD!!!!!!

vCash

If a player gets pissed off in the middle of the game when the adrenaline is pumping in the heat of the moment, I don't really care. These guys are competitors, they are wired to win all the time. Things get said and done on the field. There are no friends on the field when the game starts. But when the game is over, if you are picking fights with guys for coming up to say good game. That's poor sportsmanship and gives people a glimpse into how poor of a person you probably are. You don't have to be excited you got beat but show some class.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    If a player gets pissed off in the middle of the game when the adrenaline is pumping in the heat of the moment, I don't really care. These guys are competitors, they are wired to win all the time. Things get said and done on the field. There are no friends on the field when the game starts. But when the game is over, if you are picking fights with guys for coming up to say good game. That's poor sportsmanship and gives people a glimpse into how poor of a person you probably are. You don't have to be excited you got beat but show some class.
    yep I agree, you were beat, be a man and own upto it.

vCash

yep I agree, you were beat, be a man and own upto it.
    yep...and at that, just a non confrontational QB in Harris saying good game...not even a RB or WR whom mightve plowed through you, stiff arming you, trash talking you cause you missed a tackle or somthing to create tension.

vCash

I quite enjoy how he talks about not getting ahead of ourselves and then proceeds to not talk about the Eskimos for the majority of the article...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Jones is a waste of space.