Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos vs. Alouettes; 2019 Home Opener

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs. Alouettes; 2019 Home Opener

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Great interview from a great guy. Played with a perfect blend of fun, skill, class, and grit. It's a sorry shame what injuries and age did to him at the end...

Good on him for coming back to sign with us.
    You'll get there one day
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    You'll get there one day
    golden years my A$$.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash
    Blog Entries

50% chance of rain tonight for the opener.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    golden years my A$$.
    you know what they say when wine, women and song become too much for you....give up singing
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Really? Damn...

vCash

but 50% chance of no rain then, stop being pessimistic.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

its a home game of course its going to rain

vCash

Does that mean you're a "glass half full" guy? Or "the glass might be empty"?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Does that mean you're a "glass half full" guy? Or "the glass might be empty"?
    I should have brought a beer with me when I met you at BC place you'd see how little time the glass stays half full with me =)
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I should have brought a beer with me when I met you at BC place you'd see how little time the glass stays half full with me =)
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

No that usually means there is a 50% chance that they haven't looked out the window.

Taking my girlfriend to her first Eskimo game ever. If it's rainy and miserable, it probably won't create a good first impression of her and it might end up being her last.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by nafnikufesin View Post
    No that usually means there is a 50% chance that they haven't looked out the window.

Taking my girlfriend to her first Eskimo game ever. If it's rainy and miserable, it probably won't create a good first impression of her and it might end up being her last.
    Just snuggle her up really good and tell her that smooching increases the chance of the Eskimos scoring....
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Looks like it's down to 20% POP. Should be fine.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Maybe Senior coming north? At some point he has to start to get onto the football field and play ball..... Not sure what his status is down south, but maybe the CFl and the Eskimos are his next course of action.

Dare to dream...
    Senior was signed by the Chiefs in Feb, but was cut yesterday - he's a free agent now, though might still be trying to catch on at an NFL camp for the rest of the year.

EDIT: TT27 beat me to it!
    Last edited by 56Parkies; 06-14-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Can't keep up with that turftoe27 guy
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post

This isn't the washed-up 90's rapper I was expecting to be at the game tonight...

vCash

I'm curious to see how our defensive backfield does against a mobile QB with a decent receiving core. Need to keep Pipkin in the pocket and force him into some uncomfortable situations. This is one of those games that is a must win in a tight division but I'm not putting it in the win column just yet.

vCash

Now Damon Allen is someone who deserves the title of legend!

Always nervous for first game but I am excited to see what our teams look like this year because that will help an offense which could take a bit of team to gel.
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I'm curious to see how our defensive backfield does against a mobile QB with a decent receiving core. Need to keep Pipkin in the pocket and force him into some uncomfortable situations. This is one of those games that is a must win in a tight division but I'm not putting it in the win column just yet.
    Montreal are getting better and I rate pipkin..
    Just hope we ain’t that first week upset in the league.. doesn’t help as we don’t know much about our selves either..

Nervous , excitement ... but prob more nerves than playing Montreal in recent times..

vCash

I'm expecting a big game from the defence in general.

1) Generally ahead of the offences early in the season.

2) Will be looking to carve out their identity at home as an aggressive unit.

3) Are essentially coming off a bye-week by having their pre-season games early.

4) Are facing a team that fired its head coach, in part, due to differences in philosophy on the offensive scheme - so likely some transition on the Als part.

5) Will be facing a bottom-third QB (by most measures) and fairly inexperienced RB.

Gotta' make hay while the sun shines!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I'm expecting a big game from the defence in general.

1) Generally ahead of the offences early in the season.

2) Will be looking to carve out their identity at home as an aggressive unit.

3) Are essentially coming off a bye-week by having their pre-season games early.

4) Are facing a team that fired its head coach, in part, due to differences in philosophy on the offensive scheme - so likely some transition on the Als part.

5) Will be facing a bottom-third QB (by most measures) and fairly inexperienced RB.

Gotta' make hay while the sun shines!
    and a very poor offensive line at least on paper
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Will be nice to see a D out there that isn't passive like last year. Expect some boo boo's from it but big rewards also. Still concerned about depth on the oline. Only backup is a rookie. Will be difficult to find a decent national Olineman this time of year.

What I like is that we seem to not be picking up cuts from other teams. Seems Brock's scouts are finding players down south with good pedigree's as shown with how many made the team. A couple of receivers seem a little vanilla, though if they have the talent now is the time to show it or back up the bus.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    Will be nice to see a D out there that isn't passive like last year. Expect some boo boo's from it but big rewards also. Still concerned about depth on the oline. Only backup is a rookie. Will be difficult to find a decent national Olineman this time of year.

What I like is that we seem to not be picking up cuts from other teams. Seems Brock's scouts are finding players down south with good pedigree's as shown with how many made the team. A couple of receivers seem a little vanilla, though if they have the talent now is the time to show it or back up the bus.
    I am very excited to see a swarming defense again like we saw under Jones. There is a bit of worry about the secondary but if that front 7 can get to Pipkin then it will certainly allow some leeway for them...

vCash

I am expecting a defensive game tonight. Due to the lack of playing time of the offensive starters, they played maybe a quarter almost 3 weeks ago, a new QB in a new system with very few receivers he's familiar with, I am expecting the offense to struggle. They can practice all they want but you can't duplicate a game especially when you don't practice with pads very often. Plus I worry about any Oline that has Kelly as a starter. Harris is no where near as mobile as Reilly.

I hope I am very wrong and the Esks cruise to an easy win.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I am very excited to see a swarming defense again like we saw under Jones. There is a bit of worry about the secondary but if that front 7 can get to Pipkin then it will certainly allow some leeway for them...
    I imagine Mtl will be slowing our rush down with a QB draw, quick screens and slants. I'm looking forward to seeing Lolley call a game. Can't remember his D from Hamilton. I'm a bit surprised Jason has strengthened our weakest D position now with an import at the expense of the Oline.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am expecting a defensive game tonight. Due to the lack of playing time of the offensive starters, they played maybe a quarter almost 3 weeks ago, a new QB in a new system with very few receivers he's familiar with, I am expecting the offense to struggle. They can practice all they want but you can't duplicate a game especially when you don't practice with pads very often. Plus I worry about any Oline that has Kelly as a starter. Harris is no where near as mobile as Reilly.

Agree with you on this one, could easily see it being a 21-13 type score

vCash

Agree with you on this one, could easily see it being a 21-13 type score
    I am expecting a lot of field goals tonight.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I imagine Mtl will be slowing our rush down with a QB draw, quick screens and slants. I'm looking forward to seeing Lolley call a game. Can't remember his D from Hamilton. I'm a bit surprised Jason has strengthened our weakest D position now with an import at the expense of the Oline.
    I seem to remember his defense being somewhat like what Montreal was back in the early 2000s. Send more than they can block and expect them to get to the QB.

It will be important that Ruby can step up because we definitely have ratio issues if he can’t step up...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post

With Mtl having a fairly inexperienced D-line - other than John Bowman, the other three starters are new to the CFL... and judging by their ages, new to pro ball - I would expect that we'll see a bit more of a vanilla pass rush scheme from them. I would further expect that we'll be looking to run the ball a fair bit with both Gable and Robinson on the roster.

I think it's a fair concern that a timing-based offence that we've heard about may not blow the doors off in week one, but I want to see some sparks and progress.

I hope this plays to our strengths, as our veteran LBs should sniff that out and react to it.

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie