Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Injury List

vCash

Re: 2019 Injury List

Back from an extended break, so updated for everything I missed up to Week 10 depth chart. If I have anything wrong, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I always seem to fade on this as the season goes, but thought I'd get it started again as the Esks once again start off a season with a large list of walking wounded.

Other injuries/potential injury items:
    N Alex Taylor (RB) - Returns to active list after missing 1 game on 1 game list
    N Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga (LB) - Returns to active list after missing Games 7 and 8 on the 6 Game List.

1-Game
    No One

6-game
    N Tanner Green (FB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 10, Game 9. Eligible to practice Week 16 (September 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 17 (October 3)
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Weeks/Games 1-2, moved to 6-game Week 3, Still on 6 game as of Week 10 meaning likely re-upped for another 6 games. I believe this means he isn't eligible to practice until Week 16 (September 21) and the Active List Week 17 (October 3)

A Martese Jackson (RB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    N Calvin McCarty (FB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    N Hugh O'Neill (K) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    N Shai Ross (WR) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    A SirVincent Rogers (OL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, re-upped Week 8. Eligible to practice Week 13 (September 3), eligible to add to Active List Week 15 (September 21)
    A Forrest Hightower (DB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 7, Game 6. Eligible to practice Week 12 (August 24), eligible to add to Active List Week 13 (September 6)
    N Matthew O'Donnell (OL) - Added to 6 Game list Week 6, Game 5. Eligible to practice Week 11 (August 17), eligible to add to Active List Week 12 (September 1)
    N Blair Smith (LB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 5, Game 4, eligible to practice Week 10 (August 10), eligible to add to Active List Week 11 (August 22)

Likely Season Ending Injuries
    N Anthony Parker (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, re-upped Week 8. Eligible to practice Week 13 (September 3), eligible to add to Active List Week 15 (September 21) - Achilles should be season ending

vCash

Campbell tweeting yesterday:
    OUT - Tommie Drahiem (to 6 game IR)
    IN - Eric Lofton (from PR)

OUT - Peter Cendar (to PR)
    IN - Calvin McCart (from 6 game IR)

vCash

Updated for Week 12. Good news that Nationals Smith and McCarty are back and MOD is practicing, but bad news that Draheim goes to the 6. Also interesting to see them finally get two backup linemen into the lineup.

I always seem to fade on this as the season goes, but thought I'd get it started again as the Esks once again start off a season with a large list of walking wounded.

Other injuries/potential injury items:
    N Calvin McCarty (FB) - Returns to active list after missing Games 8 and 9 on the 6 game list.
    N Blair Smith (LB) - Returns to active list after missing Games 4-9 on the 6 game list.

1-Game
    No One

6-game
    A Tommie Draheim (OL) - Added to 6 Game list Week 11, Game 10. Eligible to practice Week 17 (September 29), eligible to add to Active List Week 18 (October 11).
    N Tanner Green (FB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 10, Game 9. Eligible to practice Week 16 (September 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 17 (October 3)
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Weeks/Games 1-2, moved to 6-game Week 3, extended Week 10 for another 6 games. I believe this means he isn't eligible to practice until Week 16 (September 21) and the Active List Week 17 (October 3)
    A Martese Jackson (RB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    N Hugh O'Neill (K) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    N Shai Ross (WR) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Eligible to practice Week 15 (September 8), eligible to add to Active List Week 16 (September 27)
    A SirVincent Rogers (OL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, extended Week 8. Eligible to practice Week 13 (September 3), eligible to add to Active List Week 15 (September 21)
    A Forrest Hightower (DB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 7, Game 6. Eligible to practice Week 12 (August 24), eligible to add to Active List Week 13 (September 6)
    N Matthew O'Donnell (OL) - Added to 6 Game list Week 6, Game 5. Practicing Week 11. Eligible to practice Week 11 (August 17), eligible to add to Active List Week 12 (September 1)

Likely Season Ending Injuries
    N Anthony Parker (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, extended Week 8. Eligible to practice Week 13 (September 3), eligible to add to Active List Week 15 (September 21) - Achilles should be season ending
    Last edited by bone; 08-22-2019 at 10:15 AM.

vCash

Am I allowed to ask if anyone knows what Draheim's injury is or will I get dumped on again? I fully admit that I haven't read every single post that has been put up since he went down last game.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Am I allowed to ask if anyone knows what Draheim's injury is or will I get dumped on again? I fully admit that I haven't read every single post that has been put up since he went down last game.
    I really haven't heard any details beyond it being an arm injury, he did not practice and was 6-gamed basically immediately, so I can't imagine it's good.

vCash

I really haven't heard any details beyond it being an arm injury, he did not practice and was 6-gamed basically immediately, so I can't imagine it's good.
    It's too bad because he was having a real good season.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

It's too bad because he was having a real good season.
    Agreed. On the positive they haven't said season ending so there's hope that the 6-game is just a contingency.
    Last edited by bone; 08-22-2019 at 05:36 PM.

vCash

I don't believe it's overly serious (haven't heard for certain, but do have some context behind that belief), but would have cost him at least a few games. With the situation with the cap likely being what it is, I think you err on the side of caution and 6-game him to save the cap hit. You have the option of pulling him off after a few games if needed, but this opens up the option that if Saxelid holds his own, you leave him on their the whole 6 games. With SirV's 6-game stint to expire before Draheim's, it is also an option that you try to get through the next three games and hope that he's ready to come back and play, allowing Draheim the full 6 weeks before you have decisions to make.

Again this week the Esks have no one on the 1-game injured list. I believe we've seen approximately 6-8 times where a guy has been placed on the 6-game and called back early. I haven't seen that this usage is necessarily catching on around the league (like the only dressing 2 QBs thing), but it sure seems to be another cap-management tool that Sunderland is employing. That may be because he needs to, or it may be a case of just taking every opportunity to bank some potential savings when they arise. It's been a number of weeks since we'd had more than 1-2 players on the 1 game IR.
    Life is Good.

#PizStrong

Diesel is offline The Ayatolla of Rye & Cola

Super Moderator, 2009 V-Bookie Champ

vCash

Nasty case of Caphelitis
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Nasty case of Caphelitis
    never heard of that but a quick google search turns up Encephalitis which is the swelling of the brain
    #PizStrong

vCash

Nasty case of Caphelitis
    I had that once, got it from a place down in Tijuana
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    never heard of that but a quick google search turns up Encephalitis which is the swelling of the brain
    Might be easier if you spelled it "Cap-Hell-itis".

I'm not sure about the cap hit these days; we saved 100% of SirVincent Rogers and Jovan Santos-Knox's salaries, which were rumoured to be quite high. Ricky Collins Jr. has been announced as far less than $100K, which for the top receiver in the league is a bargain. Harris restructured his contract by the looks of things, but who knows what that looks like? We also had Matt OD on the 6-game relieving us of 1/3 of his salary counting, and replaced by a draft pick in Saxelid. Take the 3rd string QB off for more than half the season as he's on the PR, and likely making less there, and we might not be as "over" the cap as originally thought at the beginning of the year.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Diesel also has strong alliance to Hervey so it could be just another way to slam Brock

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Phew...when I thought it was encephalitis, I was worried. That's nothing to mess around with.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I'm not sure about the cap hit these days; we saved 100% of SirVincent Rogers and Jovan Santos-Knox's salaries, which were rumoured to be quite high. Ricky Collins Jr. has been announced as far less than $100K, which for the top receiver in the league is a bargain. Harris restructured his contract by the looks of things, but who knows what that looks like? We also had Matt OD on the 6-game relieving us of 1/3 of his salary counting, and replaced by a draft pick in Saxelid. Take the 3rd string QB off for more than half the season as he's on the PR, and likely making less there, and we might not be as "over" the cap as originally thought at the beginning of the year.
    hahaha I totally missed that
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    Diesel also has strong alliance to Hervey so it could be just another way to slam Brock
    No, I believe we were definitely well over the cap at least as it stood when the season started, however I think they have done quite a bit (and continue to do a lot) since that time to mitigate the issue.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

No, I believe we were definitely well over the cap at least as it stood when the season started, however I think they have done quite a bit (and continue to do a lot) since that time to mitigate the issue.
    I was told we have no cap room month or so back.. thatís not any diez hate of brock.. thatís facts.. we have had a ton of vet injuries which may apply some relief to us....

I donít think we will be over come end of the years but itís gonna take jiggling

vCash

Any word on CB Colqohoun or DL Moore. Both hurt last game and didn’t return. Might need to go with International in Colqohoun position if he not ready. I much prefer Hoover at safety then CB.... especially against Calgary WR’s. I think we played with 8 starting nationals last game.... so the ratio adjustment should work.

Hope Colqohoun not out long as he was having a really strong season and is a ratio breaker..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Any word on CB Colqohoun or DL Moore. Both hurt last game and didn’t return. Might need to go with International in Colqohoun position if he not ready. I much prefer Hoover at safety then CB.... especially against Calgary WR’s. I think we played with 8 starting nationals last game.... so the ratio adjustment should work.

Hope Colqohoun not out long as he was having a really strong season and is a ratio breaker..
    I'm not sure they practiced formally yet with the game not being until Monday, but I'd assume they are back on the field today or tomorrow.

I'd imagine they'd have a spot to go international for Colq if they want to unless O'Donnell had a setback. They may be comfortable with Onyeka again (started early in the year) or Glass, but I think he's usually other side and sometimes guys struggle changing sides.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post

I know who is going to respond to this post with his typical spiel about his injuries but according to the guys on the podcast he was walking around with a boot on later in the game, and I think Onyeka got dinged up as well.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    I was told we have no cap room month or so back.. that’s not any diez hate of brock.. that’s facts.. we have had a ton of vet injuries which may apply some relief to us....

I don’t think we will be over come end of the years but it’s gonna take jiggling
    Depending on the source, the number was/is north of 350k
    I hit them as hard as I could on the mouth right from the start of the game so they were thinking this was going to be a long day. Sooner or later one of us had to quit. And it wasn't going to be me.
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

Depending on the source, the number was/is north of 350k
    I’ve not heard numbers...

Just that we’re bursting..

Gonna take some crunching that ..

vCash

We're beyond bursting. We're deep into draft picks taken away
    - Dan Kepley

vCash

We're beyond bursting. We're deep into draft picks taken away
    Well let’s hope brock can crunch the numbers needed

We will prob see a few guys cut before the end of the year..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Well let’s hope brock can crunch the numbers needed

We will prob see a few guys cut before the end of the year..
    If we are that far over, wouldn't we have seen at least one vet cut before the guaranteed contract time?
    #PizStrong

vCash

If we are that far over, wouldn't we have seen at least one vet cut before the guaranteed contract time?
    That would be the smart thing, I would think.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    That would be the smart thing, I would think.
    The CFL had listed eight former Esks that were on NFL rosters. You'd figure Williams, Pasztor, Charles and Zylstra have spots down south. Betts, Lacey, Ladler and Ceresna possibly might be on the bubble. Would be nice if we had the cap space to add one or two if they became available. Also the chance that some are CFL free agents but Betts, Pasztor & Charles still are ours.

vCash

I’ve not heard ANY numbers.. just we have zero cap room..

I don’t think we’re gonna be over... brock is a smart dude

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe27 View Post
    The CFL had listed eight former Esks that were on NFL rosters. You'd figure Williams, Pasztor, Charles and Zylstra have spots down south. Betts, Lacey, Ladler and Ceresna possibly might be on the bubble. Would be nice if we had the cap space to add one or two if they became available. Also the chance that some are CFL free agents but Betts, Pasztor & Charles still are ours.
    The one I've been waiting for is Justin Senior. Signed to the PR by the Chiefs in Feb, and released 2 months ago. If he ends up wanting to play, he might come up here. A NI tackle would be a fantastic get at RT.
    #PizStrong

@EsksHistory

vCash

The one I've been waiting for is Justin Senior. Signed to the PR by the Chiefs in Feb, and released 2 months ago. If he ends up wanting to play, he might come up here. A NI tackle would be a fantastic get at RT.
    Dang. Forgot about him. Sadly another "senior" moment on my part.