Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Injury List

vCash

Unfunny 2019 Injury List

I always seem to fade on this as the season goes, but thought I'd get it started again as the Esks once again start off a season with a large list of walking wounded.

Other injuries/potential injury items:

1-Game
    A CJ Gable (RB) - Added to 1 game list Week 18
    N Tevaun Smith (WR) - Added to 1 game list Week 18

6-game
    N Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga (LB) - Added to 6 Game List Week 17. Eligible to practice after Playoff Semi-Final, eligible to return Grey Cup Game.
    A Anthony Orange (DB) - Added to 6 Game List Week 17. Eligible to practice after Playoff Semi-Final, eligible to return Grey Cup Game.
    A Tommie Draheim (OL) - Returned to lineup Week 15 after missing 3 games on the 6 Game List (Week 11-15), then was again placed on 6 Game List Week 16. Eligible to practice after season finale, eligible to add to Active List if Edmonton advances to the divisional finals.
    A Trevor Harris (QB) - Added to 1 Game List Week 15. Moved to 6 Game List Week 16. Eligible to practice after season finale, eligible to add to Active List if Edmonton advances to the divisional finals.
    N Blair Smith (LB) - Added to 6 Game List Week 16. Eligible to practice after season finale, eligible to add to Active List if Edmonton advances to the divisional finals.
    A Martese Jackson (RB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Extended Week 16. Eligible to practice after season finale, eligible to add to Active List if Edmonton advances to the divisional finals.
    N Shai Ross (WR) - Added to 6 Game list Week 9, Game 8. Extended Week 16. Eligible to practice after season finale, eligible to add to Active List if Edmonton advances to the divisional finals.
    N Jesse Joseph (DL) Added to 6 Game Week 15. Eligible to practice Week 21 (October 27), eligible to add to Active List Playoff Week 1.
    A SirVincent Rogers (OL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, extended Week 8 and again Week 15. Eligible to practice Week 21 (October 27), eligible to add to Active List Playoff Week 1.
    N Andrew Marshall (DE) - Added 6 Game List Week Week 12, Game 11. Extended Week 15. Eligible to practice Week 21 (October 27), eligible to add to Active List Playoff Week 1.
    A Arjen Colquhoun (DB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 12, Game 11. Eligible to practice Week 18 (October 5), eligible to add to Active List Week 20 (October 25) - Not Practicing as of Week 18

Likely Season Ending Injuries
    N Anthony Parker (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, extended Week 8 and again Week 15. Eligible to practice Week 21 (October 27), eligible to add to Active List Playoff Week 1. Achilles should be season ending.
    Last edited by bone; Yesterday at 12:18 PM. Reason: Updated for Week 18 Depth Chart

vCash

Re: 2019 Injury List

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I always seem to fade on this as the season goes, but thought I'd get it started again as the Esks once again start off a season with a large list of walking wounded.

A Don Unamba (DB) missed the second half of Game 1, went for MRI on Monday, status unknown.

1-Game
    A Alex Bazzie (DL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1
    A Travis Bond (OL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1
    A DaVaris Daniels (WR) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1
    A Martese Jackson (RB) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1, Practicing as of Monday (Week 2)

6-game
    N Peter Cender (FB) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    A Shaquille Cooper (RB) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    N Andrew Marshall (DL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    N Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga (LB) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    A SirVincent Rogers (OL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    A Joshua Stangby (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)

N Anthony Parker (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2) - Achilles should be season ending
    Replying to keep snapshot of Week 1

vCash

A DaVaris Daniels (WR) - Returns to Lineup after 1 week on the 1 Game List (Week 1)
    A Martese Jackson (RB) - Returns to Lineup after 1 week on the 1 Game List (Week 1)

1-Game
    A Alex Bazzie (DL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1, remains on 1 Game List Week 2.
    A Travis Bond (OL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1, remains on 1 Game List Week 2.
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1, Practiced Week 2, but remains on 1 Game List Week 2.
    A Shaquille Cooper (RB) - Bumped to the 1 Game List Week 2, after being on the 6 Game List Week 1.

6-game
    A Don Unamba (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to ad to Active List Week 9 (August 8)
    A Anthony Orange (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to ad to Active List Week 9 (August 8)

N Peter Cender (FB) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    N Andrew Marshall (DL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    N Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga (LB) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    A SirVincent Rogers (OL) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)
    A Joshua Stangby (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2)

N Anthony Parker (WR) - Added to 6 Game Week 1, Game 1, eligible to practice Week 7 (July 21), eligible to add to Active List Week 8 (August 2) - Achilles should be season ending
    Updated for Week 2 Game Day Depth Chart
    Last edited by bone; 06-20-2019 at 10:56 AM.

vCash

Thanks bone, very helpful! You might be a busy guy updating this list throughout the season
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Unamba and Orange, 2 of the Esks big defensive signing on the 6 game. Great.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Thanks bone, very helpful! You might be a busy guy updating this list throughout the season
    That's why I peter out as the season progresses. Especially once vacation season starts. Doesn't seem like a priority when drinking beer in my lawn chair.

vCash

Thanks Bone. I have to say that that list would make baby Jesus cry.

It makes me want to have a stiff drink. Maybe I have that backwards...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post

At least it's better than last year. We had 13 on the 6-game going into Week 2, but fortunately as the season went along the list gradually shrunk. If we see the same this year, it's not too crazy. The biggest issue is that 3 of the 6-gamed were key free agent signings.
    Last edited by bone; 06-20-2019 at 03:05 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post

you want a stiff baby Jesus and a crying drink ?????

vCash

With Brock, being put on the 6 game certainly doesn't mean a guy is going to be out for at least 6 games. He only puts guys on the one game when he is pretty darn certain they are only going to be out for one game. If he isn't sure how long a guys out for, he'll put them on the 6 game. Why... because there is no downside for putting a guy on the 6 game, then taking him off early (the salary cap hit is the same as if the player is on the 1 game).
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    With Brock, being put on the 6 game certainly doesn't mean a guy is going to be out for at least 6 games. He only puts guys on the one game when he is pretty darn certain they are only going to be out for one game. If he isn't sure how long a guys out for, he'll put them on the 6 game. Why... because there is no downside for putting a guy on the 6 game, then taking him off early (the salary cap hit is the same as if the player is on the 1 game).
    Yes, he's already pulled one off (Cooper) one week after putting him on the 6-game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    you want a stiff baby Jesus and a crying drink ?????
    LOL, actually I meant I would cry and Jesus would drink.

vCash

Updated to Week 3 depth chart. Good news is that there doesn't appear to be any new injuries as Ruby's 1-game is likely just roster shuffling (unless I missed something). Bond is healthy and swapping out Ruby after going moving the Safety spot to National and bringing in Mackie for additional National depth on D-line.

Bad news is JSK has moved onto the 6-game list instead of 1 game. Not sure if this move can be considered retroactive. Assuming not, he's out until the mid-point of the season now.

A Travis Bond (OL) - Returns to active roster after 2 weeks on 1 Game list (Weeks/Games 1-2)

1-Game
    A Alex Bazzie (DL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 1, Game 1, remains on 1 Game List Week 3.
    A Shaquille Cooper (RB) - Bumped to the 1 Game List Week 2, after being on the 6 Game List Week 1. Remain on 1-game Week 3.
    N Jacob Ruby (OL) - Added to 1 Game List Week 3.

6-game
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Weeks/Games 1-2, moved to 6-game Week 3, I believe this means he isn't eligible to practice until Week 9 (August 4) and the Active List Week 10 (August 15)
    A Don Unamba (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to add to Active List Week 9 (August 8)
    A Anthony Orange (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to add to Active List Week 9 (August 8)

Last edited by bone; 06-26-2019 at 09:38 AM.

vCash

Ruby got rolled up on and was slow to get up one play last week. Given the blow that this move has on our depth at C, I don't see it as being one that is strictly by choice. I agree that we don't take a step back at LG, but we're a little less versatile in case of injury, and we'll see where Hoover is at.

JsK going to six game must indicate a lot of faith in Walton in light of the Korey Jones release. I read those tea leaves wrong and really thought it indicated JsK would be returning.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Ruby got rolled up on and was slow to get up one play last week. Given the blow that this move has on our depth at C, I don't see it as being one that is strictly by choice. I agree that we don't take a step back at LG, but we're a little less versatile in case of injury, and we'll see where Hoover is at.

JsK going to six game must indicate a lot of faith in Walton in light of the Korey Jones release. I read those tea leaves wrong and really thought it indicated JsK would be returning.
    I had the same expectation as you on JSK. I think Dave Campbell tweeted the same expectation of his impending return. The 6 game sure is a curve ball on that.

Ruby must be sore from the play you mentioned. I assume we'd otherwise dress him as the 6th lineman over Saxelid. Bond gets a chance to prove his worth and play against his old team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by popo View Post
    I had the same expectation as you on JSK. I think Dave Campbell tweeted the same expectation of his impending return. The 6 game sure is a curve ball on that.

Ruby must be sore from the play you mentioned. I assume we'd otherwise dress him as the 6th lineman over Saxelid. Bond gets a chance to prove his worth and play against his old team.
    I'm wondering if the emergence of Diggs has led us to be overly cautious with JSK.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I'm wondering if the emergence of Diggs has led us to be overly cautious with JSK.
    we will see how it pays off... Harris will be their hardest challenge to date.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks4ever View Post
    we will see how it pays off... Harris will be their hardest challenge to date.
    Agreed... and I don't think we've faced Tackles close to the level that the Bombers have in Bryant and Hardrick. That said, their interior on the OL is all new this year (as starters) and hopefully there are some elements that we can exploit. Speller had a few starts last year in his rookie season, Couture is in his 4th year with the club, and Gray is a highly touted rookie. Talent there for sure, but likely still a bit of a work in progress. One of the few areas where the Bombers don't have pretty good continuity or presumptive upgrades.

vCash

N Jacob Ruby (OL) - Returns to active roster after 1 week on 1 Game list (Week 3, Game 3)
    A Alex Bazzie (DL) - Returns to active roster after 3 weeks on 1 Game list (Weeks 1-3, Games 1-3)
    A Shaquille Cooper (RB) - Moved to Practice Roster Week 5 after being bumped to the 1 Game List Week 2, after being on the 6 Game List Week 1.
    N Christophe Mulumba-Tshimanga (LB) - Returns to active list after missing Games 1-3 on the 6 Game List.

A Travis Bond (OL) - Moved to Practice Roster Week 5.

1-Game
    No One

6-game
    N Blair Smith (LB) - Added to 6 Game list Week 5, Game 4, eligible to practice Week 10 (August 10), eligible to add to Active List Week 11 (August 22)
    A Jovan Santos-Knox (LB) - Added to 1 Game List Weeks/Games 1-2, moved to 6-game Week 3, I believe this means he isn't eligible to practice until Week 9 (August 4) and the Active List Week 10 (August 15)
    A Don Unamba (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to add to Active List Week 9 (August 8)
    A Anthony Orange (DB) - Added to 6 Game Week 2, Game 2, eligible to practice Week 8 (July 26), eligible to add to Active List Week 9 (August 8)

Updated for Week 5 Depth Chart
    Last edited by bone; 07-10-2019 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Fixed CMT addition oversight.

vCash

CMT's back in, right?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Updated for Week 5 Depth Chart
    I thought I remember something about being able to put a player on the 6 game retroactive, is that the case? If so I'm wondering if JSK is actually 3 games into his 6 game stint.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    I thought I remember something about being able to put a player on the 6 game retroactive, is that the case? If so I'm wondering if JSK is actually 3 games into his 6 game stint.
    No it is not retroactive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    No it is not retroactive.
    makes sense, I had it backwards. You can remove a guy and his salary counts retroactively.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    CMT's back in, right?
    Thanks for catching that. I knew about it, but somehow forgot to move him. Fixed now.

vCash

what happened with Odonell last night

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker11 View Post
    what happened with Odonell last night
    Got run into from the side when planted. I have heard it is not an aCL, but he was in a brace and limping a bit after the game. No crutches or anything, and was designated as 'questionable to return', so potentially one of those ones where he might have been able to play through it if it were a playoff game.

He and Harris will both have undergone further assessment today, as well as Mackie for an upper-body injury.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Got run into from the side when planted. I have heard it is not an aCL, but he was in a brace and limping a bit after the game. No crutches or anything, and was designated as 'questionable to return', so potentially one of those ones where he might have been able to play through it if it were a playoff game.

He and Harris will both have undergone further assessment today, as well as Mackie for an upper-body injury.
    Hopefully we get some good news today.
    #PizStrong

Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Hopefully we get some good news today.
    I bet we don't hear anything till the roster comes out on Friday but with Kilgore being a similar pocket passer, maybe they won't wait as I doubt it changes much about the Als prep.
    #PizStrong

vCash

There will likely be reports from practice when the team returns on Tuesday (Morley Scott)

To me it was never about what I accomplished on the football field, it was about the way I played the game.
    -Jerry Rice

vCash

Last edited by Eskie54; 07-16-2019 at 04:50 PM.