Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

I had hopes at the half that maybe, just maybe, a couple of bad things would happen to the Stampeders in the 2nd half and the Argos could pull this out. Nope.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

And Awe with the big interception!!! Woot. Although I can’t figure out what is considered spearing. When a Stump comes flying in leading with his head it’s not a penalty? And now a web slides and two guys squish him. No penalty.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

How not to protect the football 101 featuring Arbuckle and Bethel Thompson.....
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    They are all kinds and of bad this year. Yikes!

Where are all the Calgary fans? Lots of empty seats tonight.
    Attendance is 23,355. Likely the afternoon hail/rain kept the soft Stumps fans away....

vCash

Games been there for the taking for the Argos....
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on

vCash

But they just gave it away.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    The funny thing about this game is that Toronto hung around with Calgary, actually winning a lot of the offensive categories but lost in 2 key ones, the turnover battle and inevitably the score board. If they could have gotten out of their own way, they would have made this real interesting.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Would you say they let them off the hook (in a Dennis Green voice?)
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Wow does Ottawa and Jennings look awful. Never a good sign when the highlight of a half is your running back puking all over the place...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Wow does Ottawa and Jennings look awful. Never a good sign when the highlight of a half is your running back puking all over the place...
    why not their fans are probably puking all over the place by now
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Jennings stinks and has stunk for years now. I was aghast at people on here wanting to bring him in this past off season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Jennings stinks and has stunk for years now. I was aghast at people on here wanting to bring him in this past off season.
    Absolutely amazing that there are general managers that are willing to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars if he stinks so bad that you can unequivocally declare it from your armchair.

That they are basing it off of first hand experience, being in the same room as him day-in-and-day-out, and oh yeah, a professional football evaluator skill-set makes it even more puzzling.

I remain confident that your mind was completely open last night to mitigating factors such as playing one of the top defences in the league, having a starting RB in only his second CFL game, and having the illustrious Caleb Holley as his #2 target in terms of weaponry beyond Sinopoli. You also likely were fully cognizant of the play-calling that had them predictably running on nearly every first down and consistently putting them in 2nd and long against a d-line that was able to get pressure rushing 3 and dropping 9.

Back to your regularly scheduled aghast-ness.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Absolutely amazing that there are general managers that are willing to pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars if he stinks so bad that you can unequivocally declare it from your armchair.

That they are basing it off of first hand experience, being in the same room as him day-in-and-day-out, and oh yeah, a professional football evaluator skill-set makes it even more puzzling.

I remain confident that your mind was completely open last night to mitigating factors such as playing one of the top defences in the league, having a starting RB in only his second CFL game, and having the illustrious Caleb Holley as his #2 target in terms of weaponry beyond Sinopoli. You also likely were fully cognizant of the play-calling that had them predictably running on nearly every first down and consistently putting them in 2nd and long against a d-line that was able to get pressure rushing 3 and dropping 9.

Campbell looked completely lost last night. No Harris, Ellingson and SV Rogers. They might as well have put a lawn chair at R OT, don't believe he even touched Jefferson on that sack. LaPolice called a good game for Wpg.

The committee to replace Elizondo at OC didn`t look too impressive last night. Maybe Elizondo was smart to get out of town.

vCash

I don’t think there is any sugarcoating Jennings performance last night. Telegraphing his throws. But the playcalling was horrid as well. A backup fullback at WR running a far yard in?

Good Gawd, Rielly looks like a washed out QB...Good thing he took the $750,000 and close to his family..Cuz they'll be visiting him a lot in the recovery room

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and what's with the BC head coach goofy wearing hat?? Coach Tom Landry did it right

vCash
    Blog Entries

Maybe it’s just me but I’m loving the fact that Reilly’s been sacked a couple dozen times already and the Lions are held to one win. Sour grapes maybe but it still makes me smile.
    Oh and maybe Claybrooks is a Blood? Tilted to the right is for Bloods. Left for Crips.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

That last drive, it looked like Reilly wasn't entirely there anymore. I know he's got this tough reputation...but down by 19, two minutes left, a substantial chunk of the Lions' salary cap (and a man's long term health!) at risk, and you leave him out there? I don't care what arrangement they made before the game or season started...at some point you have to protect him from himself. That was scary.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post

I remain confident that your mind was completely open last night to mitigating factors such as playing one of the top defences in the league, having a starting RB in only his second CFL game, and having the illustrious Caleb Holley as his #2 target in terms of weaponry beyond Sinopoli. You also likely were fully cognizant of the play-ctt alling that had them predictably running on nearly every first down and consistently putting them in 2nd and long against a d-line that was able to get pressure rushing 3 and dropping 9.

Who was the last QB to throw for over 5000 yards as a 24 year old? That's no fluke IMO, tells me he has the ability, just hasn't found the right situation yet.

vCash

Turnover fest in Ottawa tonight. Six already, halfway through the 2nd quarter.

And Jennings has never looked worse. 5 pass attempts for 6 (yes, 6) yards. And two INTs.

vCash

At halftime on the panel, Dunigan just described this game so far as an "embarrassment". Kate Bierness said "pray to the football gods that the Esks Argos game will be more entertaining than this one"!

Harsh words. I have to admit though, it was painful to watch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    At halftime on the panel, Dunigan just described this game so far as an "embarrassment". Kate Bierness said "pray to the football gods that the Esks Argos game will be more entertaining than this one"!

Harsh words. I have to admit though, it was painful to watch.
    Ya very amateur half of football. Kinda feel like the only way the redblacks are going to move the ball is if they go all high school football and scrap the passing game

vCash

LOL people beef at Maas for his decisions. Ottawa are fools.

vCash

Campbell is a moron, giving up that safety. Dumbarse!
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Nanookster View Post
    Campbell is a moron, giving up that safety. Dumbarse!
    No guarantee they would have won if they had kicked it out but i like my odds of stopping a TD a heck of a lot more than I do a FG.

vCash

At that time I agreed it was a bad decision, but now I don't know if it made much difference. You punt it out, Calgary gets a minute to score a TD, receiving a punt around the Ottawa 50. You give up the safety, Calgary gets 50 seconds to score a FG, receiving a kickoff around their own 20. Either way Calgary's got to get about 40-50 yards.

Ottawa lost the game in the end not because of the decision, but because they couldn't stop Calgary when it counted.

vCash

Calgary hadn't scored a TD all day. Make them score a TD. Ottawa lost because they couldn't move the ball when they needed to.

vCash

At that time I agreed it was a bad decision, but now I don't know if it made much difference. You punt it out, Calgary gets a minute to score a TD, receiving a punt around the Ottawa 50. You give up the safety, Calgary gets 50 seconds to score a FG, receiving a kickoff around their own 20. Either way Calgary's got to get about 40-50 yards.

Ottawa lost the game in the end not because of the decision, but because they couldn't stop Calgary when it counted.
    I agree, but I would be much more comfortable trying to stop a TD then a FG. I don't know the exact numbers but I'm thinking the average starting field position off of a kickoff has to be between the 25 and 30 yard line, call it 25. The kick off is moved 10 yards back making that number 35. To give Rene a FG attempt (55 yarder) they would have had to gain 27 yards.

Had they punted out, Leone is averaging 51.7 yards per punt so lets say he lands it at mid field and Williams gets his average of 14 yards on his return setting them up 41 yards away from a TD. Seems to make a lot more sense to have punted it out but their D still would have needed to stop the Stamps, who would have been in 3 down mode.

vCash

That's an awfully long FG attempt with a large probability of failure, even with Paredes.

What made the decision look bad was the long kick return the Stamps happened to get. If he'd gotten the same sort of return on a punt from the 5, Calgary would have started around the Ottawa 25. I know they hadn't scored a TD that game, but 25 yards is only 25 yards, with three down football. Calgary would very likely have scored.

I'm not saying it was the right call, just that it was a lot tougher decision than it seemed. Campbell was going to be excoriated for his decision whichever way he went, IMO. And he had less time to make the decision than I took typing this post!

vCash

That's an awfully long FG attempt with a large probability of failure, even with Paredes.

What made the decision look bad was the long kick return the Stamps happened to get. If he'd gotten the same sort of return on a punt from the 5, Calgary would have started around the Ottawa 25. I know they hadn't scored a TD that game, but 25 yards is only 25 yards, with three down football. Calgary would very likely have scored.

I'm not saying it was the right call, just that it was a lot tougher decision than it seemed. Campbell was going to be excoriated for his decision whichever way he went, IMO. And he had less time to make the decision than I took typing this post!
    yep for sure, lots can happen and I'm sure having his kick cover team vs his punt cover team had something to do with it as well.

For what its worth, I think Calgary wins no matter which decision he makes at that point, as that's what Calgary always does.

vCash

Not if they won.