Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

vCash

Discussion 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

Hamilton with some brain dead roughing plays gifts the Riders the opening TD of the season.

vCash

Re: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

If Sask has to use Fajardo for any length of time they'll be in trouble
    In Rod we trust

vCash

What happened to Collaros? Just tuned in. Riderfans seems to be down...hmm...
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    He slid and Lawrence dove right at his head caught him got a 25 yard penalty Zach went out for concussion protocol came back in just a jacket.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Lawrence will be looking at a suspension quite likely.... also, the Riders suck...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by squishy35 View Post
    Lawrence will be looking at a suspension quite likely.... also, the Riders suck...
    I think a suspension is warranted for that hit
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    I think a suspension is warranted for that hit
    Especially targeting someone who already has an established history of concussion trauma.

As much as I was grouched off when Ed traded Lawrence, I think it's safe to say in hindsight that we dodged a bullet there. (Obviously not for this hit alone, but some of the other shenanigans in the past...)
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OK14 View Post
    Especially targeting someone who already has an established history of concussion trauma.

As much as I was grouched off when Ed traded Lawrence, I think it's safe to say in hindsight that we dodged a bullet there. (Obviously not for this hit alone, but some of the other shenanigans in the past...)
    Yep 100% agree
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Simoni doing Simoni things. Targeted Zach’s head when Zach was obviously going into hook slide (& therefore off limits).

If Ambrosie has any hope of saving his (& the league’s) credibility, Simoni better get suspended. I am shocked (?horrified) that the CFL game rules do not permit an ejection for that. A 25-yard penalty is a joke.

I want Saskatchewan to win this game because of this.

Ok, maybe a tie is better.

Ugh!
    Last edited by Smartie123; 06-13-2019 at 07:43 PM.

vCash

Just one game but Masoli looked a bit pedestrian. One of my questions going into this year was how much of an impact would losing Jones have on Masolis game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Just one game but Masoli looked a bit pedestrian. One of my questions going into this year was how much of an impact would losing Jones have on Masolis game.
    meh its game one... rust still needs to be knocked out. This goes for all players...

vCash

Lawrence should sit for 4 games minimum. don't know what the players contract allows.
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by squishy35 View Post
    I think from only watchin the first half.. I clicked make the second it was 3am and I had work at 6... but sask oline and dline look really strong..
    if they get any kind of qb play.. they could push bc for 4th

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    Lawrence should sit for 4 games minimum. don't know what the players contract allows.

He might get away with a fine you know...knowing this league and all.
    he led and hit him with his shoulder.. I’m sure he will use that in his defence ..

vCash

evidently the penalty eventually issued was 25 yds. how come sinmoni wasn't kicked out of the game?
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Simoni SHOULD be suspended. But knowing the history of this league and how hard the CFLPA fights things, I doubt he's given more than a fine.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    Simoni SHOULD be suspended. But knowing the history of this league and how hard the CFLPA fights things, I doubt he's given more than a fine.
    Agreed

Even more so after the rose fiasco

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
    evidently the penalty eventually issued was 25 yds. how come sinmoni wasn't kicked out of the game?
    He should have been
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    You are right, they will appeal but I never understood this logic. The CFLPA is going to appeal a very obviously suspendable offence that one of its members committed to another member. How does Zach Feel about the CFLPA appealing this one?
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    He should have been
    Excuse my ignorance as I genuinely don't know but is that a power the CFL refs even have?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cmbuk View Post
    Excuse my ignorance as I genuinely don't know but is that a power the CFL refs even have?
    Absolutely, they have the power to call it "intent to injure" and eject him from the game.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

So, just to make sure everyone is on the same page, since the questions are coming from everywhere:

- Unnecessary Roughness (including, but not limited to RtP, horsecollar, etc...) is a 15 yard penalty.

- Rough Play, Ejection is a 25 yard penalty + ejection of the player for the remaining length of the match. Generally reserved for obvious intent to injure (Punching, Stomping on)

- AS OF THIS YEAR, a particularly nasty or egregious Unnecessary Roughness can be upgraded to a 25 yard penalty. If a player receives two of this type in a game, they are automatically ejected even if obvious intent to injure is not present in either.

Lawrence got an upgraded one, and though I wish he hadn't done it, it's the appropriate call. He launched late, hit the head, but made an effort to hold up at the end and twisted to avoid head to head. Nasty, stupid, but hard to argue specific intent to injure (and you can't modify that for a concussion prone victim).
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post
    So, just to make sure everyone is on the same page, since the questions are coming from everywhere:

- Unnecessary Roughness (including, but not limited to RtP, horsecollar, etc...) is a 15 yard penalty.

- Rough Play, Ejection is a 25 yard penalty + ejection of the player for the remaining length of the match. Generally reserved for obvious intent to injure (Punching, Stomping on)

- AS OF THIS YEAR, a particularly nasty or egregious Unnecessary Roughness can be upgraded to a 25 yard penalty. If a player receives two of this type in a game, they are automatically ejected even if obvious intent to injure is not present in either.

Lawrence got an upgraded one, and though I wish he hadn't done it, it's the appropriate call. He launched late, hit the head, but made an effort to hold up at the end and twisted to avoid head to head. Nasty, stupid, but hard to argue specific intent to injure (and you can't modify that for a concussion prone victim).
    I might have to take another look at that because that's not how I remember seeing it in real time, to me it flat out looked like targeting the head of a guy who was already on the ground.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    I might have to take another look at that because that's not how I remember seeing it in real time, to me it flat out looked like targeting the head of a guy who was already on the ground.
    Exactly as I saw it. Just when the CFL gets rid of Kyries Hebert someone else decides that doing the " deed" is worth the risk of whatever the miniscule punishment will be.

vCash

I view it the same way they do in college that was what they would call targeting and deserves a game suspension, that's just my personal opinion but I would have called that an intent to injure.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Anytime you have to dive as low as he did at the QB, you know what you are doing.
    #PizStrong

vCash

That was ridiculously dirty by Lawrence last night. Deserves as suspension but the fact Jonathon Rose isn't even going to be suspended just shows how embarrassing punishment is in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side...was nice to see the Riders lose and are they ever in trouble if Collaros is out for an extended period of time...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Anytime you have to dive as low as he did at the QB, you know what you are doing.
    Collaros situation isn’t helped at all by the fact he’s now susceptible to concussions and any hit to the noggin is gonna result in him missing time..

How many concussions now for zach? He needs to be careful.?

vCash

For the Record, I would be perfectly happy if it results in a suspension, I just believe the right call was made on the field.

As to the jokers commenting on other sites about how he should get at least a 5 or 6 game suspension...... Do they know how long the season is?
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

vCash

Tonights game in Calgurkie ought see The Stumps humiliate The Nick Nacks.

vCash

For the Record, I would be perfectly happy if it results in a suspension, I just believe the right call was made on the field.

As to the jokers commenting on other sites about how he should get at least a 5 or 6 game suspension...... Do they know how long the season is?
    A 6 game CFL suspension is the equivalent of a 27 game NHL suspension or 54 game MLB suspension. How often to they get handed out for an in game incident unless the player has a rap sheet a mile long with at least a half dozen previous suspensions? Last year Hebert was handed a 2 game suspension. It also was his 2nd suspension of the season. Somebody might know. Other than that one has there ever been a multiple game suspension for a single incident? I think they will have to work their way up to something like 5 or 6 by raising the discipline bar. They have to start out by making 2 the new norm for this type of thing. Set the precedent then they can start pushing it higher if that doesn't change players' habits.