Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

vCash

Re: 2019 CFL Gameday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    This game, for me, was the CFL at its best. There will likely be some that will be upset at the multiple occasions where there were officiating impacts (or delays), but it contained so many positive elements. Emerging talents, competitive game, strategy, twists and turns, and no walking off the field with a minute left on the clock.

Feels like Vernon Adams sort of personifies the CFL - a guy that's been overlooked at times, paid his dues, persevered and is getting to shine.

Someone in my FF league had both Bagelton and Lewis in their lineup, and it wasn't Parkies, Looner or Hugoagogo (or me). oh yeah, they had Trevor Harris too.
    Games like those are fan builders as how could you not have liked the ending to that game.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I’ll take a Stamps loss any day of the week but now a lot of things that never happen have to happen for the Esks to get a win on labour Day:

1. Esks win on Labour Day
    2. Stamps lose 2 in a row at home
    3. Stamps lose 3 in a row

Going to be an even taller order than it usually is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I’ll take a Stamps loss any day of the week but now a lot of things that never happen have to happen for the Esks to get a win on labour Day:

And theyll be coming off of a bye week.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Iíll take a Stamps loss any day of the week but now a lot of things that never happen have to happen for the Esks to get a win on labour Day:

I think on the broadcast yesterday it was talking about how rarely they lose 2 or more games at home in a season, let alone in a row. I think they played well enough, at least in spurts, to have won yesterday, but maybe this is a point where some of those historic trends start to get broken.

Going to be curious to see if they get some mid-season reinforcements by way of NFL cuts. It sounds like Singleton is well on his way to making it with the Eagles, but guys like Thurmon and Marken Michel shaking loose could help them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    This game, for me, was the CFL at its best. There will likely be some that will be upset at the multiple occasions where there were officiating impacts (or delays), but it contained so many positive elements. Emerging talents, competitive game, strategy, twists and turns, and no walking off the field with a minute left on the clock.

Feels like Vernon Adams sort of personifies the CFL - a guy that's been overlooked at times, paid his dues, persevered and is getting to shine.

Someone in my FF league had both Bagelton and Lewis in their lineup, and it wasn't Parkies, Looner or Hugoagogo (or me). oh yeah, they had Trevor Harris too.
    Was a pretty fantastic game for the fourth quarter and overtime. There was only about 1/3rd of the crowd left for overtime which was pretty surreal. Have to love the CFL...
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Time for probability theory

Stamps have already lost the Montreal game, and so you can't consider the odds of them losing 2 in a row at home (or three losses in a row). It's like saying the chances of flipping a fair coin to land heads ten times in a row are very small, so the chance of a coin landing heads after landing heads the previous nine times is very low. It's actually 50%.

You can talk about them stiffening up in their next home game after losing the previous one, which may have happened in the past. But how many Stamps teams in recent memory have been 5-4 halfway through the season? I think past trends don't apply to 2019.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I expect us to split with Calgary on the home and home... which makes this game against Winnipeg on Friday that much more important.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I expect us to split with Calgary on the home and home... which makes this game against Winnipeg on Friday that much more important.
    Gotta win the next three in order to take the season series' with Calgary and Winnipeg.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Gotta win the next three in order to take the season series' with Calgary and Winnipeg.
    I like the cut of your jib
    #PizStrong

vCash

I'm beyond pissed Calgary gets a bye before the fix is in game.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

I have to agree with you there PDO. That is complete bull.

vCash

The last time an Alberta team got a bye before the Labour Day game was 2011. The Esks got a bye that year. (Yes, they beat Calgary.)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    The last time an Alberta team got a bye before the Labour Day game was 2011. The Esks got a bye that year. (Yes, they beat Calgary.)
    I think that’s also the last time we beat them on labour day...

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    and beat the Peg by 8
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    I'm beyond pissed Calgary gets a bye before the fix is in game.
    Yeah, it's lame, but reality is that with there being 6 different teams playing in rivalry games on Labour Day, someone's got to get the bye the week before. This year it's Calgary's turn.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Yeah, it's lame, but reality is that with there being 6 different teams playing in rivalry games on Labour Day, someone's got to get the bye the week before. This year it's Calgary's turn.
    Yeah - same feeling here. No fix is in, sorry PDO.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Yeah - same feeling here. No fix is in, sorry PDO.
    To be honest, I'm not really sure why the league would want the Stamps to stay on top as they've been there long enough.
    #PizStrong

vCash

No fix is in PDO. Relax.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    To be honest, I'm not really sure why the league would want the Stamps to stay on top as they've been there long enough.
    Also, judging by how Dickenson acts when he doesn't get his way, they may be only a few losses or bad calls away from TSN being on Dickenson meltdown watch just like they do for Maas.

He's been able to keep his composure for most of his coaching tenure, but during most of his tenure his teams were top-notch and often beneficiaries of shoddy reffing. Now that it is turning, we'll see the true Dickenson and get to hear more Canadian mafia conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    and beat the Peg by 8
    I don't want to jinx anything, but I have a feeling the Esks are poised to make a HUGE statement to the CFL this Friday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    There should have been four games played on the Labour Day weekend. Two out of the first three weeks in September only have three games played. That is crazy.
    A team that gets a rivalry game on the Labour Day weekend at home every year should not be getting a bye week before that game. Period!

Time for the Eskimos to end the annual Labour Day game in Calgary!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    There should have been four games played on the Labour Day weekend. Two out of the first three weeks in September only have three games played. That is crazy.
    A team that gets a rivalry game on the Labour Day weekend at home every year should not be getting a bye week before that game. Period!

Time for the Eskimos to end the annual Labour Day game in Calgary!
    To tell you the truth, outside of attendance issues between the 2 games, I would rather play on the road first as the pressure is squarely on Calgary in that game, especially this year.
    #PizStrong

vCash

To tell you the truth, outside of attendance issues between the 2 games, I would rather play on the road first as the pressure is squarely on Calgary in that game, especially this year.
    I agree...I love having them come here for the back-to-back every year. I also may just be nostalgic as the rematch was my first game and was always my fave game of the year growing up...

#PizStrong

vCash

I do like that they switched the Edmonton game from Friday to Saturday - gives a little more time to heal between games and allows for out of town people to help fill the stadium.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    I agree...I love having them come here for the back-to-back every year. I also may just be nostalgic as the rematch was my first game and was always my fave game of the year growing up...
    one of my all time favorite live games I've been to was the return match where we shut them out in front of 62k. The atmosphere was electric.
    #PizStrong

vCash

one of my all time favorite live games I've been to was the return match where we shut them out in front of 62k. The atmosphere was electric.
    and don't forget this year it's also the family day game so you can jump in there and get your picture taken with the member of pet patrol
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Blast...I have an amazing aerial photo from that night. The forum only gives me a 1x1 bitmap when I try to post it. Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by glenvb; 08-20-2019 at 02:41 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    I do like that they switched the Edmonton game from Friday to Saturday - gives a little more time to heal between games and allows for out of town people to help fill the stadium.
    for sure, good move

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    nothing shows up on my end
    #PizStrong

vCash

I think that was the last year I had season tickets before moving back to Victoria. 2003. Final score of 38-0. That was a sweet game to be in the stands for.

vCash

for sure, good move

- - - Updated - - -

nothing shows up on my end
    See my previous edited post...forum software has defeated me