Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos vs. Lions; The Return of Mike

vCash

Games Eskimos vs. Lions; The Return of Mike

Depth chart isn't up until tomorrow, but figured I would post this up here for Friday's game.

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs. Lions; The Return of Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Section N View Post
    Depth chart isn't up until tomorrow, but figured I would post this up here for Friday's game.

the man with one of the greatest football commentaries of all time.....Mr President send in the armed guards cause we are killing the patriots...
    In Rod we trust

vCash

great move for the league IMO, If we can get some of these NFL analysts out to our game, they may talk about it a little more (Like Berman)
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

That's interesting.

Instead of bad bands at halftime we're blowing the budget this year on retired NFLers

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    That's interesting.

Instead of bad bands at halftime we're blowing the budget this year on retired NFLers
    We should bring in Doug Flutie and his brother to do the coin toss and their band at halftime. Two birds with one stone
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

This is one coin toss I don't want to "Skiiiiup"...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Hard to know what will happen in this game. The Esks gave up 25 pts to the ALs who don't have a real starting QB in my books. Reilly could easily light them up. The Esks defense better have cleaned up whatever issues they had last game.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    Hard to know what will happen in this game. The Esks gave up 25 pts to the ALs who don't have a real starting QB in my books. Reilly could easily light them up. The Esks defense better have cleaned up whatever issues they had last game.
    If Unamba isn't good to go, hopefully Santos-Knox is. We need as much vet presence on D as we can get.

vCash

I'm sure the Eskimos Defence will be sky high for this one with each and every player just itching to grind Reilly's face into the turf or get that pick six!

Radically Canadian!

vCash

Money Hunter at S will be tested with Reilly at QB. If he wants to solidify his spot at that position he will have opportunity to make plays. If WR Daniels is ready to play I would assume he is inserted into the starting offense. He was one of BS big off-season signings. Not sure how you fit him into roster though. Not taking out Collins after his huge game. Ellingston is keeping his starting spot and Stafford seems to have made an impression so far this season. Could go back to four International REC, but not sure how we adjust roster. Could turn S back to national.....

vCash

Sounds like the forecast will be pretty bad for Friday with heavy rain. Probably means a small crowd for Reilly's return which is too bad.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I kind of understand the idea behind this - i.e. raise fan interest, but is this really going to move the needle one bit? 80% of the people in the stadium won't even know who he is. And does anyone really pay attention to the coin toss?

Anyways, cudos for trying new things I suppose, but this seems like a waste of time and money.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Sounds like the forecast will be pretty bad for Friday with heavy rain. Probably means a small crowd for Reilly's return which is too bad.
    That's one of the problems with back to back weeks of home games. A bad weather patch can ruin 2 games.

Also, is it too much for the fans pocketbooks to have games so close together? A lot of casual fans might choose one game or the other, but not both. Back to back weeks should really be avoided and I can't see any reason why they can't in the CFL. It's not like the stadiums are all super busy that you have to work around other events.
    ----------------------
    "When you're playing good football, it's good football and if you don't have good football, then you're not really playing good football" - John Madden

vCash

Forecast has changed a little bit and now calling for 40% chance of rain tomorrow night.

How this game isn't being more hyped is beyond me. The Eskimos and TSN should be ashamed. Great early season storyline and what...*crickets*.

vCash

TSN goes out of its way not to hype up anything related to the Eskimos.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP12 View Post
    Money Hunter at S will be tested with Reilly at QB. If he wants to solidify his spot at that position he will have opportunity to make plays. If WR Daniels is ready to play I would assume he is inserted into the starting offense. He was one of BS big off-season signings. Not sure how you fit him into roster though. Not taking out Collins after his huge game. Ellingston is keeping his starting spot and Stafford seems to have made an impression so far this season. Could go back to four International REC, but not sure how we adjust roster. Could turn S back to national.....
    Hunter >>> Jeff Hecht who picked off Mike twice last week.

Juan Blanco and his 4 yards rushing vs. our 150+ yards rushing. BRING ON THE RAIN!
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash
    Blog Entries

For some reason I want to dress up as a Stormtrooper and yell "TRAITOR!!!!" every time Reilly is on the field...
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Unamba and Orange are on the six-game
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 06-20-2019 at 09:29 AM.

vCash

Well at least the organization is trying to work with the weather

vCash

What the hell happened to orange? Just awful we lost SVR and him so early. This sucks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    What the hell happened to orange? Just awful we lost SVR and him so early. This sucks.
    I’m surprised by the orange injury..

And I have no clue what’s happened to Bazzie.. and still no Knox

vCash

Orange out. Unamba out. SirV out. Parker out. Santos-Knox, still out. DaVaris Daniels on the roster, but possibly could be the "healthy" scratch if he's listed behind Stafford on the depth chart. That is a large part of the huge pickups that Sunderland had for the team at Free Agency. The first 4 names on that list are all on the 6-game no less, and no telling when JSK is ready. Whatever we did to tick off the Football Gods, they are definitely not happy with us.
    Twitter: @56Parkies
    @EsksHistory

Check out #ThisDayInEsksHistory on Twitter and on Facebook.

vCash

must have happened in Practice, as he was out there at the end of the game I believe.
    Edmonton Eskimos, 2015 grey cup CHAMPS!!!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    Orange out. Unamba out. SirV out. Parker out. Santos-Knox, still out. DaVaris Daniels on the roster, but possibly could be the "healthy" scratch if he's listed behind Stafford on the depth chart. That is a large part of the huge pickups that Sunderland had for the team at Free Agency. The first 4 names on that list are all on the 6-game no less, and no telling when JSK is ready. Whatever we did to tick off the Football Gods, they are definitely not happy with us.
    What for 10th straight year?

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    must have happened in Practice, as he was out there at the end of the game I believe.

Yes he practiced once this week .. so I’m assuming your right.

vCash

And Unamba on the 6 game! Really bad injury bug thus far.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Yes he was, it was his interception that sealed the deal in the final minute.
    They’ve yet to say exactly what Unamba’s injury is but the 6-game IR-wtf?

vCash

Hopefully we get all this out of the way and no more big injuries to come.

vCash

Still no Colquhoun either.

The Orange injury surprised me too as he played right end up until the end of the last game I thought.

vCash

BARF...... This is gunna be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by 56Parkies View Post
    With phantom injuries to guys like Daniels, Bazzie and Orange, I believe this has to partly be a result of roster games and trying to make all the salaries fit under the cap.

Like the O going in this week, but didn't get any of the help on D I was hoping for. Oh well, lets see what these guys are made of.
    Last edited by ben_the_eskimo; 06-20-2019 at 01:19 PM.