Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Eskimos/Bombers @ IG field

vCash

Hype GDT: Eskimos/Bombers @ IG field

let me start by saying I hope its ROD black for another night .

Stiff test for the Esks. Contain Harris and you're more than halfway there.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/what-s-...reilly~1716434

^ sort of off topic still in regards to last weeks game, but this is a good little breakdown by Sanchez on our dline pressure and also... Reilly's tendency to hang onto the ball...which reading on this forum we've discussed and ive said that its so noticeable, the difference with Trevor and Mike, seeing Trevor's throwing motion with his footwork and getting rid of that ball damn fast. Mike takes long to setup the feet and then release. In the vid you see Carter breaks but Mike's still holding onto that ball...although that will come with chemistry with receiver.

Funny how we don't take notice as much, but when the guy is on YOUR team, you see the difference and go...damn...

vCash

Re: GDT: Eskimos/Bombers @ IG field

Quote Originally Posted by Maas_12 View Post
    let me start by saying I hope its ROD black for another night .

Stiff test for the Esks. Contain Harris and you're more than halfway there.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/what-s-...reilly~1716434

^ sort of off topic still in regards to last weeks game, but this is a good little breakdown by Sanchez on our dline pressure and also... Reilly's tendency to hang onto the ball...which reading on this forum we've discussed and ive said that its so noticeable, the difference with Trevor and Mike, seeing Trevor's throwing motion with his footwork and getting rid of that ball damn fast. Mike takes long to setup the feet and then release. In the vid you see Carter breaks but Mike's still holding onto that ball...although that will come with chemistry with receiver.

Funny how we don't take notice as much, but when the guy is on YOUR team, you see the difference and go...damn...
    Rep for you my lil Blackite!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

The key to the game is Harris.
    Keep ours upright against a strong DL, and keep theres contained, one of the downfalls of bringing pressure is we can get gashed by the run game.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Should be a good game tonight. Our special teams and Defensive units better be prepared for EVERYTHING as O'Shea and Lapo had some extra time to game plan.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I'm not sure how to post the depth chart but it looks like Onyeka is starting ahead of Colquhoun again. I wondering if Arjen is hurt why he is not 6 gamed? That would at least get us some more salary relief.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    I'm not sure how to post the depth chart but it looks like Onyeka is starting ahead of Colquhoun again. I wondering if Arjen is hurt why he is not 6 gamed? That would at least get us some more salary relief.
    He's dressing, so he must be healthy enough to play, or they'd at least be giving him the game day scratch. Maybe they just prefer Onyeka. With the move to National at Safety, I wonder if it's worth getting Colq some reps at safety.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Is it me or is nobody outside of our Eskimos not giving us any respect lots of people are picking the bombers this week, I guess if we keep winning we will finally get some respect eventually

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    Is it me or is nobody outside of our Eskimos not giving us any respect lots of people are picking the bombers this week, I guess if we keep winning we will finally get some respect eventually
    I think the respect we're getting is in the point spread.

Winnipeg is considered a favorite coming into the season. They played well in their first game. They are coming off a bye week. Finally they are playing at home (home opener).

The Esks though playing well, are coming off a short 6 day week, and this is their first road game. Seeing the point spread being around a field goal suggests experts think Edmonton can win, but Winnipeg certainly is favored.

I'm hoping for a win, but if they Esks keep it within a field goal, I'll still see it as a positive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dealerd View Post
    I am thrilled with the 2-0 start and very much hoping this is an indicated of what to expect but they beat Montreal who most people think might not win very many games at all and they didn't beat them by much and then they beat the Lions who are a better team on paper than Montreal but had a ton of roster turnover as well.

Going up against the Bombers who were a good team last year, who didn't change a ton and should be a good team this year is more of an indication of where the Esks are at.

I am a bit surprised that once again, the Esks have Stafford over Daniels. I thought Daniels was a pretty good receiver in Calgary and was a big signing for them. This is starting to feel like last year where the Esks kept starting Stafford and Hazelton over Mitchell week after week and finally thanks to injury, Mitchell came in and proved he was superior. I'd like to see what Daniels can do.
    Last edited by Sectionq; 06-27-2019 at 09:46 AM.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Outside of the penalty and discipline issues I have been really impressed with this team so far. If the Esks can be this good with all the injuries imagine what they could do when healthy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I am thrilled with the 2-0 start and very much hoping this is an indicated of what to expect but they beat Montreal who most people think might not win very many games at all and they didn't beat them by much and then they beat the Lions who are a better team on paper than Montreal but had a ton of roster turnover as well.

Going up against the Bombers who were a good team last year, who didn't change a ton and should be a good team this year is more of an indication of where the Esks are at.
    Will be a big test for us for sure. Road games are always tough never mind facing a well rested team with us not having a full week's rest. Hall took a lot of flak a couple of years ago from BB fans with his vanilla, bend ,D but last year he turned up the heat. Their LB's don't seem a good as last year but the Dline looks tough. Kelly will have his hands full with Jefferson coming from the right side.

With Whitehead and Adams on one side according to their depth chart Johnson and Glass are in for a track meet and it's a bit worrying that we have a different S starting this game. BB's Oline looks weaker than last year and Lolley likely has some good stunts for them to face. As pete said we have to stop harris.

Plus with the RTP penalties being called this year we hopefully have learned to keep the hands away from Nichol's head because he is a good actor.
    Likely going to be an old fashioned snot dripper and we have to not take stupid "macho" penalties.

vCash

I am a bit surprised that once again, the Esks have Stafford over Daniels. I thought Daniels was a pretty good receiver in Calgary and was a big signing for them. This is starting to feel like last year where the Esks kept starting Stafford and Hazelton over Mitchell week after week and finally thanks to injury, Mitchell came in and proved he was superior. I'd like to see what Daniels can do.
    With Hervey in his second year and Reilly in BC I'm surprised you are discounting the dominance we saw outside of the first quarter. In regards to Daniels, do we know if he's 100%? Is he better at 80% than Stafford is at 100%? All things we don't know but I'm guessing there is a very valid reason that he hasn't drawn in to this point.

That being said, I agree that this is our stiffest test yet.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    With Hervey in his second year and Reilly in BC I'm surprised you are discounting the dominance we saw outside of the first quarter. In regards to Daniels, do we know if he's 100%? Is he better at 80% than Stafford is at 100%? All things we don't know but I'm guessing there is a very valid reason that he hasn't drawn in to this point.

That being said, I agree that this is our stiffest test yet.
    I don't think I am discounting anything. They are 2 games. One of which was against arguably the worst team in the CFL that doesn't have a legit starting QB. The other is against the Lions. They played very well against the Lions and full marks for the win. But it's 1 game at the beginning of the season. Lots of teams are still figuring it out. The Lions had a ton of turnover so they might need a bit more time to gel.

Going up against the Bombers will be a much bigger test and will give a better indication of where they are at.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

I don't think I am discounting anything. They are 2 games. One of which was against arguably the worst team in the CFL that doesn't have a legit starting QB. The other is against the Lions. They played very well against the Lions and full marks for the win. But it's 1 game at the beginning of the season. Lots of teams are still figuring it out. The Lions had a ton of turnover so they might need a bit more time to gel.

Going up against the Bombers will be a much bigger test and will give a better indication of where they are at.
    For sure, this will be a HUGE test considering they are at home and rested while we are coming off of a short week.
    #PizStrong

vCash

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

No doubt in my mind on paper Winnipeg is the best and most balanced team.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I think the difference, as it usually is with the Bombers, will be how we do against Andrew Harris.

Lost in the fact that our D has been great in 7 of 8 quarters so far is we are allowing 5.8 yards per rush, tied for 2nd worst in the league (still early obviously so stats are a bit more volatile).

Harris rocked a 9.3 yards per carry against BC!

Nichols is who he is. I like our chances if we can take away the run game and force him to make plays.

vCash

Unlike our team, who is relatively the same with the same defensive coordinator
    #PizStrong

vCash

Nichols will wear his hat well!

I'm so sorry that you all are doomed.

Jefferson better do something this game! I made a "Willie Jefferson forgiveness chart" that he can fill out by getting positive plays, towards breaking even and becoming a good guy at 221 squares filled. So far he has earned 1.
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Macavity View Post

Jefferson better do something this game! I made a "Willie Jefferson forgiveness chart" that he can fill out by getting positive plays, towards breaking even and becoming a good guy at 221 squares filled. So far he has earned 1.
    haha, awesome!!!!! This is going to be a tough one for us for sure but will this be a back to reality game or will we hang around and raise our own expectations? We shall find out soon enough.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Love that doomed bit. With us and Sask. Jefferson was put in a position to always use his quickness by Jones to pressure the QB. Looping , dropping back and coming at the QB from different alignments. Don't know if Hall takes such a radical approach to his D. Jefferson is tall and fast but not that heavy to bull rush a OT all game long. I'm certainly not trying to diminish his abilites and would love to see him back in green and gold.

vCash

Hall's not great. What shocked me last game was Richardson going out early and not coming back, he had massive push when he was in. No word on any injury or anything. Jefferson is probably most useful in our schemes if things break down a bit, and he's chasing a scrambler. But he can get points for all kinds of things!
    R.I.P. Coach Harris

vCash

No, you are doomed.

Let it never be said that I did not possess the best comebacks.

vCash

The Bombers are a good team. As much as I am an Esks fan, I'd be surprised if they won. Maybe a new defensive coordinator will help but for whatever reason, Harris has always had the Esks number even when he was in BC.

vCash

Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

vCash

Looking forward to this one, good test for our Esk’s.

Come on boys, show the same grit you did last week, let’s see the same D line we did against BC.
    Edmonton Eskimos.
    Western Division 1st place: 231953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2015
    Western Division Champions: 231952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1960, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1993, 1996, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2015
    Grey Cup championships: 141954, 1955, 1956, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1987, 1993, 2003, 2005 and 2015

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by walleyes View Post
    Looking forward to this one, good test for our Esk’s.

Come on boys, show the same grit you did last week, let’s see the same D line we did against BC.
    Big challenge. Short week; Bombers had the week off. Hopefully we can go into our bye week continuing the winning streak.

Enjoy the game everybody!

vCash

Looks like the B-team is on the panel at TSN Toronto tonight...

vCash

We have to win and I believe we will whatever my brother Andy says.
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.