Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos vs Lions Act 2

vCash

Attention Eskimos vs Lions Act 2

With the season series on the line and being in their barn, I expect this to be a much tighter game than the last one. Claybrooks certainly thought they should have beaten us easily.

Mike and Burnham know there is some work to do and that they'll be a different team this time around. Will our front 7 be as hungry?

#PizStrong

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs Lions Act 2

Always nervous when the Esks come off a bye week - you never know what to expect. I am really looking forward to this one. Hopefully we keep the balance between running and passing.
    Shaq Cooper was supposedly practicing this week. Will be interesting to see if he's added to the roster. I guess Jackson would probably have to come off for that to happen.
    "No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to be there for this one. Hope they put on a good showing... Mike is frustrated, and if we can get in his grill early and force a couple bad throws we should be able to make him one-dimensional. I'm waiting for the first time Mike gets pulled and another QB put in. Something that NEVER happened in Edmonton.
    Insert witty comment here...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Can't wait to be there for this one. Hope they put on a good showing... Mike is frustrated, and if we can get in his grill early and force a couple bad throws we should be able to make him one-dimensional. I'm waiting for the first time Mike gets pulled and another QB put in. Something that NEVER happened in Edmonton.
    you have a good time there big guy BC Place stadium is pretty nice and the eye candy in Vancouver is even nicer!
    In Rod we trust

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    you have a good time there big guy BC Place stadium is pretty nice and the eye candy in Vancouver is even nicer!
    It really is... I often wonder when I'm flying here or there. "What did women wear on planes before yoga pants were socially acceptable?". Not that I care mind you, just curious!
    Insert witty comment here...

vCash

It really is... I often wonder when I'm flying here or there. "What did women wear on planes before yoga pants were socially acceptable?". Not that I care mind you, just curious!
    LOL who cares!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Skinny jeans & flats.

vCash

Sounds like Daniels will be drawing in this week, who is going to be the odd man out?
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Sounds like Daniels will be drawing in this week, who is going to be the odd man out?
    Stafford?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Interesting. Other than some dropsies at the end of the game, our US receivers all appeared to have solid games against the Bombers (Stafford 8 for 108 yards; Collins 8 for 107 yards; Ellingson 7 for 73 yards). Unless one of them is nicked up - or if they pull from another position, it will be interesting to see who makes up the game day roster.

We do need to get hungry for the end zone though. We could have had that last game.

vCash

Jackson?
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Interesting. Other than some dropsies at the end of the game, our US receivers all appeared to have solid games against the Bombers (Stafford 8 for 108 yards; Collins 8 for 107 yards; Ellingson 7 for 73 yards). Unless one of them is nicked up - or if they pull from another position, it will be interesting to see who makes up the game day roster.

We do need to get hungry for the end zone though. We could have had that last game.
    The natural selection would be Stafford but if Ruby is available maybe they stick with national at safety and slide Daniels into Adjeis spot.
    #PizStrong

vCash

The natural selection would be Stafford but if Ruby is available maybe they stick with national at safety and slide Daniels into Adjeis spot.
    That would work - and certainly give us more options at receiver. Anxious to see Daniels play.

vCash

I'd take Jackson out. The return game is still lousy with him in so I don't see much point in playing a specialty position guy if they aren't productive. I am sure they have lots of sure handed guys who can catch a punt, get 5 or 6 yards then lay down.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sectionq View Post
    I'd take Jackson out. The return game is still lousy with him in so I don't see much point in playing a specialty position guy if they aren't productive. I am sure they have lots of sure handed guys who can catch a punt, get 5 or 6 yards then lay down.
    I think Cooper is going in for Jackson already and he serves as a better backup to Gable based of last year's work, so Ruby must be good to go again and Smith/Adjei's spot will be Daniels' or they are planning on starting CMT.
    Last edited by bone; 07-09-2019 at 05:19 PM.

vCash

I don't see Stafford as a likelihood. I didn't catch specifically what it was, but on the Coach's Show on Ched last night, it was talked about how the team had voted three captains - Harris, Dean and McCarty I believe, and that Sewell and Stafford were voted as alternates I think it was.

If Daniels is ready to go AND they're they're getting Cooper in, then like you say, likely go back to Ruby at LG and stay national at S to roll with 4 starting import receivers.

REALLY looking forward to the point where we're near fully healthy - imagine how hard some of those decisions will be.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    I don't see Stafford as a likelihood. I didn't catch specifically what it was, but on the Coach's Show on Ched last night, it was talked about how the team had voted three captains - Harris, Dean and McCarty I believe, and that Sewell and Stafford were voted as alternates I think it was.

If Daniels is ready to go AND they're they're getting Cooper in, then like you say, likely go back to Ruby at LG and stay national at S to roll with 4 starting import receivers.

REALLY looking forward to the point where we're near fully healthy - imagine how hard some of those decisions will be.
    I actually think Stafford is having a really nice year and gets more flack then he deserves. Was just reviewing our depth chart from last week and Daniels is listed behind Stafford with Collins in the slot. I'm not sharp enough to be able to pick up on how the slots have been at their run blocking assignments but that is probably one area that they won't use Daniels in his first game back.
    Last edited by Looner; 07-10-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Still no odds up on this game, kind of odd
    In Rod we trust

vCash

vCash

Likely between Bazzie & Daniels for the healthy scratch....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Likely between Bazzie & Daniels for the healthy scratch....
    Doubt its Daniels but you never know I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    a few surprises,

1. Arjen gets the start
    2. Bazzies back but likely a scratch
    3. 4 import receivers (the best group we've put out there so far)
    #PizStrong

vCash

This game for me will determine if we are contenders or pretenders.

vCash

I still don't understand what they are doing with the lines. Technically they have a back up for every single Dline position and 1 back up for the whole OLine? So even if they scratch Bazzie, they will still have 3 back ups for 4 positions. I know they will want to rotate Dlinemen to keep them fresh but injuries tend to happen more often on the Oline than Dline.
    Remember winning is not enough according to Len Rhodes, President of a professional sports team.

vCash

Yeah, I would feel a lot better with a second o-line backup as well.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

- - - Updated - - -

vCash

But Wait? Isn't Hoover our National Safety? I don't usually like to isolate individual players, but Hoover is again struggling in that role and often seems out of position, exposing the Esks to some big play risks.
    There are better things in the world than beer but beer sort of compensates for not getting them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mudnyereye View Post
    But Wait? Isn't Hoover our National Safety? I don't usually like to isolate individual players, but Hoover is again struggling in that role and often seems out of position, exposing the Esks to some big play risks.
    I'll trust the coaches that have watched the game film to make this call. Its easy for us fans to see someone in the chase position and assume that they are the one that made the mistake but we don't know the defensive call and what the players responsibility in that call is. The only play I will give him a little flack over is the play where he over pursued the ball carrier and came up grasping air but to be fair there were a few other that did the same on the same play.
    #PizStrong

vCash

I hope the game plan calls for us to pick on 24. Get in his kitchen once or twice and we're likely gaining extra yards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    This game for me will determine if we are contenders or pretenders.
    Agree 100%. I also see this as a test of our coordinators vs theirs, having just played them.
    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Vince Lombardi

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    I hope the game plan calls for us to pick on 24. Get in his kitchen once or twice and we're likely gaining extra yards.
    What's the over/under on stupid penalties for Edwards this week?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Maas often does game plan to pick on a particular DB. Who was the Lion (former Esk) who got roasted by the Esks last year in a game and didn't play after that?
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.