Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eskimos vs Lions Act 2

vCash

Re: Eskimos vs Lions Act 2

Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    Maas often does game plan to pick on a particular DB. Who was the Lion (former Esk) who got roasted by the Esks last year in a game and didn't play after that?
    You're likely thinking of Marcell Young.

vCash

Maas often does game plan to pick on a particular DB. Who was the Lion (former Esk) who got roasted by the Esks last year in a game and didn't play after that?
    The infamous Marcell Young. Oh yes, the memories. Though he wasn't cut until a few weeks later, and he gave us the infamous tackle of the streaker which was the biggest hit of his career.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    The infamous Marcell Young. Oh yes, the memories. Though he wasn't cut until a few weeks later, and he gave us the infamous tackle of the streaker which was the biggest hit of his career.
    almost as good as the time Washington laid out the guy that ran on the field
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    almost as good as the time Washington laid out the guy that ran on the field
    I bet that guy is still feeling that hit. Washington destroyed him, and he never saw it coming (there was no bracing for impact).
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    I bet that guy is still feeling that hit. Washington destroyed him, and he never saw it coming (there was no bracing for impact).
    And the pure look of joy on on the Referees face when it happened (I think it was Foxcroft or Valessi).

vCash

And the pure look of joy on on the Referees face when it happened (I think it was Foxcroft or Valessi).
    YES!!!!! very fond memory, my son and I were killing ourselves laughing
    #PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    What's the over/under on stupid penalties for Edwards this week?
    I'd set it at 1.5, and take the over.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Maybe Edwards will get an ejection or something... I'll yell at him every chance I get tomorrow night.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdar View Post
    Still no odds up on this game, kind of odd
    Odds have been slow this week, this game is finally up and they have the Esks as 2.5 dogs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Odds have been slow this week, this game is finally up and they have the Esks as 2.5 dogs.
    My fave line to bet 2.5-6.5 point dogs....interesting.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Was that Marcell Young?

- - - Updated - - -

You know the impressive thing about Marcell Young....that guy had an EIGHT year career in the CFL...a lot of it as a starter. He took a lot of heat and rightfully so but he did shut it down when we needed him to in the fall of 2015.
    Last edited by stamphater; 07-10-2019 at 04:08 PM. Reason: I see I was beaten by mr. TT
    Quote from Inquiring Mind:

Of course stamphater is sacred... we all worship the ground he walks on.

#PizStrong

vCash

My fave line to bet 2.5-6.5 point dogs....interesting.
    Couple hours later and now the Esks are 4 point favorites.

Still no odds for the other games. Strange, they are usually up on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

Yeah, I would feel a lot better with a second o-line backup as well.
    I think Mondo is our second back up OL.

vCash

Why is Bond out but Kelly still in?
    Run the Ball up the gut around the horn it does not matter. We run we win what is so difficult to understand.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Couple hours later and now the Esks are 4 point favorites.

Still no odds for the other games. Strange, they are usually up on Monday, Tuesday at the latest.
    yeah I bet them as 3.5 point faves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    cause Bond is a guard not a tackle?
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by danlaurin View Post
    yeah I bet them as 3.5 point faves

- - - Updated - - -

cause Bond is a guard not a tackle?
    And because Kelly has played well this year imo - the demands on the OL are quite different with Harris' quick release, but with the exception of getting beat a few times by Jeffcoat/Jefferson last game (one called back on penalty), Kelly has done well.

We have to be near the top in the league in fewest sacks allowed and have had a strong run game - time to give credit where credit is due. Similarly with the secondary - statistically, I believe we're the top pass defence in terms of yards allowed and that looks good on the guys that have played well (and the coaches).

As for the point about the depth on the D-line compared to O-Line, I think part of it is the importance of continuity is higher on the O-Line. Another part, I believe, is the cost of Can OL - where even backups can make the same or more as some American starters at other positions. The cap space eaten up by the practice of keeping extra NI backups is not inconsequential. Only going with 1 backup on the OL is risky for sure, but so is BC only dressing two QBs.

vCash

^Don't let Diesel see that about Kelly

I'm worried about this game. I always have a feeling teams coming off byes don't play as well coming into that first game.

I hope we are ready for this one because Reilly will want to exact some revenge on the loss last game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jtuck09 View Post
    ^Don't let Diesel see that about Kelly

I'm worried about this game. I always have a feeling teams coming off byes don't play as well coming into that first game.

I hope we are ready for this one because Reilly will want to exact some revenge on the loss last game.
    and if he tries to do too much and holds the ball too long the results will be the same as last game with multiple sacks.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

and if he tries to do too much and holds the ball too long the results will be the same as last game with multiple sacks.
    I'd expect to see a lot of draw plays and screens by BC to try and counteract the Eskimo rush this week. The thing is, I don't think BC's offense is good enough to sustain 9-12 play drives to score TD's, IMO they live and die on the big play.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Yup. Put Reilly in a position of thinking he has to win the game by himself, and hopefully the INT's will start to flow.

He's a great QB, but football's a team game.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    And because Kelly has played well this year imo - the demands on the OL are quite different with Harris' quick release, but with the exception of getting beat a few times by Jeffcoat/Jefferson last game (one called back on penalty), Kelly has done well.

We have to be near the top in the league in fewest sacks allowed and have had a strong run game - time to give credit where credit is due. Similarly with the secondary - statistically, I believe we're the top pass defence in terms of yards allowed and that looks good on the guys that have played well (and the coaches).

As for the point about the depth on the D-line compared to O-Line, I think part of it is the importance of continuity is higher on the O-Line. Another part, I believe, is the cost of Can OL - where even backups can make the same or more as some American starters at other positions. The cap space eaten up by the practice of keeping extra NI backups is not inconsequential. Only going with 1 backup on the OL is risky for sure, but so is BC only dressing two QBs.
    With 45 players allowed on your game day roster and 5 of those dedicated to kickers and QB's, that only leaves you with 40 players to cover the other remaining 23 positions. You are going to leave yourself short somewhere in your lineup and while I would rather see 2 back up Olineman, I will trust the coaches to have a plan should we get in game injuries.

Really the only measure we truly have for an Olines success are rushing yards and sacks, like you mentioned. In which we are first with only 1 sack given up and third in average yards per game, on the ground, with 125.3, only behind Montreal at 175.3 and Winnipeg at 134 yards per game.

As far as our secondary goes we are first in average yards per game at 180 with second place being Hamilton at 235.8. Its been a very good start to the year offensively, where we are ranked #1 in yards per game with 485 and defensively, where we are ranked #1 in yards per game with 237, now if only we could cut down on the penalties.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd expect to see a lot of draw plays and screens by BC to try and counteract the Eskimo rush this week. The thing is, I don't think BC's offense is good enough to sustain 9-12 play drives to score TD's, IMO they live and die on the big play.
    That's what I'm thinking as well, will be interesting to see what Lolley will do to counteract.
    #PizStrong

vCash

So, on average, we are doubling the offensive output of our opponents so far?! It's amazing that we haven't crushed all our opponents.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

So, on average, we are doubling the offensive output of our opponents so far?! It's amazing that we haven't crushed all our opponents.
    We'd be 3-0 Glen but last game all we did was kick field goal after field goal sometimes it's not just the output it's making those opportunities count.
    In Rod we trust

vCash

As far as lack of Oline depth...I see as a calculated risk related to special teams. We don’t have our lineman play teams other than field goals. That is why we only go with 6 olineman...

If two of our guys were to go down...it will certainly leave Maas open to criticism as we’d not only likely move Mondo to the offense which would leave a hole in the middle of our dline.

- - - Updated - - -

Same as last season...three words: Starting. Field. Position.

As for tonight’s game...I hope we studied the BC/Calgary footage as I expect that to be Jackson’s game plan. Going to see lots of John White...but I like our linebackers more than I like Calgary’s to step up and sniff those out.

#PizStrong

vCash

Love this!

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Love this!

I know he was homeless once so he's making the most of his oppotunity for sure he and Brian Walker have really impressed me this year
    In Rod we trust

vCash

I know he was homeless once so he's making the most of his oppotunity for sure he and Brian Walker have really impressed me this year
    Those two along with Usher have been awesome additions...

#PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by stamphater View Post
    Those two along with Usher have been awesome additions...
    It's crazy to think that we've been without JSK, Unamba, and Bazzie and are no worse for wear thanks to the guys you've mentioned.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    It's crazy to think that we've been without JSK, Unamba, and Bazzie and are no worse for wear thanks to the guys you've mentioned.
    Exactly! Never mind missing Anthony Orange in the secondary...

#PizStrong

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Imagine when those guys come back and we can rotate to keep fresh legs with that level of talent....
    In Rod we trust