Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 1/3 season stats

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    652

    Attention 1/3 season stats

    Curious to see how we are stacking up against last years stats, so here goes.

    Points for/against

    • 2018 points for was 482 compared to our pace of 483 for this year
    • 2018 points against was 471 compared to our projected 306 this year


    As far as yardage goes offensively

    • 2018 we had a total of 7299 yards compared to our projected 7,608 this year
    • 2018 we had a total of 626 pass attempts for 5,606 yards, compared to our projected 714 pass attempts for 5,793 yards
    • 2018 we had a total of 356 rushing attempts for 1,865 yards, compared to our projected 840 rush attempts for 1,926 yards


    Defensively

    • 2018 we gave up a total of 6,775 yards compared to our projected 4,713 this year (these numbers are approximate as CFL.ca doesn't have defensive total game stats like they do for offense)
    • 2018 we gave up a total of 536 pass attempts for 4,822 yards, compared to our projected 465 pass attempts against for 3,201 yards
    • 2018 we gave up a total of 354 rushing attempts for 1,953 yards, compared to our projected 294 rush attempts against for 1,512 yards
    #PizStrong

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,445
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Lolley for mvp.

    What are defence has done, and with probably the most man games lost to injury so far, is staggering.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    City of Champs
    Posts
    17,137
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    95

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    Lolley for mvp.

    What are defence has done, and with probably the most man games lost to injury so far, is staggering.
    Lets not forget to give some credit to Brock for doing what Ed was lauded of doing forever - finding cheap, young contributors.

    Boateng, Diggs, Mackie, Moore, Onyeka, Usher, Walker; say what you want about the way everything went down but Brock has completely refilled the cupboard with all kinds of difference makers, specifically on D, and he deserves a hell of a lot of credit.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

    Superbowl Champs 2013.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    652

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Lets not forget to give some credit to Brock for doing what Ed was lauded of doing forever - finding cheap, young contributors.

    Boateng, Diggs, Mackie, Moore, Onyeka, Usher, Walker; say what you want about the way everything went down but Brock has completely refilled the cupboard with all kinds of difference makers, specifically on D, and he deserves a hell of a lot of credit.
    I agree, if you want to see how a defensive system can bring out the best in a player, all one has to do is look at Josh Johnson. Before this year he played in 47 games with BC, Ottawa and Hamilton. In those games he registered 3 interceptions, he had 1 last night but had his hands on at least 2 others.

    Was also really cool to see how jacked the whole sideline was when Hoover got his INT. Its pretty clear he's well respected in that locker room..
    #PizStrong

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,560
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    Curious to see how we are stacking up against last years stats, so here goes.

    Points for/against

    • 2018 points for was 482 compared to our pace of 483 for this year
    • 2018 points against was 471 compared to our projected 306 this year


    As far as yardage goes offensively

    • 2018 we had a total of 7299 yards compared to our projected 7,608 this year
    • 2018 we had a total of 626 pass attempts for 5,606 yards, compared to our projected 714 pass attempts for 5,793 yards
    • 2018 we had a total of 356 rushing attempts for 1,865 yards, compared to our projected 840 rush attempts for 1,926 yards


    Defensively

    • 2018 we gave up a total of 6,775 yards compared to our projected 4,713 this year (these numbers are approximate as CFL.ca doesn't have defensive total game stats like they do for offense)
    • 2018 we gave up a total of 536 pass attempts for 4,822 yards, compared to our projected 465 pass attempts against for 3,201 yards
    • 2018 we gave up a total of 354 rushing attempts for 1,953 yards, compared to our projected 294 rush attempts against for 1,512 yards
    Hmmm, 356 rushing attempts for 1,865 yds., v a projected 840 for 1,926? Something doesn’t add up....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB
    Posts
    2,445
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Hmmm, 356 rushing attempts for 1,865 yds., v a projected 840 for 1,926? Something doesn’t add up....
    47 rushing attempts per game! That’s committing to the run!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Squamish, BC
    Posts
    15,483
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    260

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by writfiler View Post
    Hmmm, 356 rushing attempts for 1,865 yds., v a projected 840 for 1,926? Something doesn’t add up....
    That's 420 attempts, not 840.

    Looner, your perfect "A" average in math just dropped to an "A-"
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,376
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    That's 420 attempts, not 840.

    Looner, your perfect "A" average in math just dropped to an "A-"
    Just a typo. Outstanding info . The D stats are amazing compared to last year.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Campbell River BC
    Posts
    7,656
    vCash
    2000
    Rep Power
    652

    Re: 1/3 season stats

    Quote Originally Posted by glenvb View Post
    That's 420 attempts, not 840.

    Looner, your perfect "A" average in math just dropped to an "A-"
    Hahaha awesome!!!!!!
    #PizStrong

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •