Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 Penalties for 7 Yards

vCash

Re: 2 Penalties for 7 Yards

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    There was one late in the game last night that was so utterly laughable. Right in front of the ref and the blatantly grabbed our player and never let go. It was beyond ridiculous.
    I know the one you're thinking about my wife whom almost never swears just looked and said are you f***ng kidding me
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Yeah, I saw that. I just thought, "come on guys, get a room".
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

Even on Ushers sack, he was being pulled down. I would have been furious if they had called that one RTP as the guy had a hold of his shoulder pad and pulled him down
    #PizStrong

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 10:

Wpg 60, Tor 63 (8 games), Sask 65 (8 games), Ottawa 66, Calgary 70, Montreal 74 (8 games), BC 75, Edmonton 95

Here is the differential in penalties for/against for each team (negative numbers meaning more penalties called against the team than the opposition):

Winnipeg +9, Toronto +8, BC +6, Ottawa +4, Montreal +3, Calgary -3, Sask -4, Hamilton -4, Edmonton -19.

Here are the number of games that each team had more penalties than their opponent:

Montreal 2, Winnipeg 3, Sask 3, Toronto 3, Hamilton 4, Ottawa 4, BC 4, Calgary 5, Edmonton 8. (There were 3 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)

vCash

The sequence of 68 on Winnipeg blocking 5 seconds past the whistle, the Esks getting 25 yards of penalties (him none), and then the hold on Boateng summed up my feelings pretty well.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Edmonton 7 penalties Winnipeg 5.

vCash

Watching the big officiating play that cost us the game it is hard to understand how the two penalties came about without the Bombers getting a penalty. From my side of the field (I sit in section Q) I thought Hunter got a penalty for something he said. It was not noticeable that he pushed the official. There is no way that the Bombers should not have been penalized. The Bombers caused the fray and get rewarded.

Boateng was tripped on the touchdown no call.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    Watching the big officiating play that cost us the game it is hard to understand how the two penalties came about without the Bombers getting a penalty. From my side of the field (I sit in section Q) I thought Hunter got a penalty for something he said. It was not noticeable that he pushed the official. There is no way that the Bombers should not have been penalized. The Bombers caused the fray and get rewarded.

cause....CFL!
    In Rod we trust

vCash

On play 129 when the Bombers are first and 10 on the Eskimo 47 and Streveler bobbles the ball and runs with it did you notice someone, not Suitor or Cuthbert, says "holding'. There was of course offensive holding on the play but I wonder who said that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post

had to take a couple days break from the CFL after this as the officials took the game out of our hands. Not saying we would have won but they took the opportunity away from us.
    #PizStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Looner View Post
    had to take a couple days break from the CFL after this as the officials took the game out of our hands. Not saying we would have won but they took the opportunity away from us.
    Yeah I did too, for the first time this season I didn’t watch any of the other games besides ours.

vCash
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    Yeah I did too, for the first time this season I didn’t watch any of the other games besides ours.
    Same...was so angry about the turnout of our game I didn't bother watching the other ones. Checked the scores to see who won but otherwise nothing.
    Sorry everyone for not contributing anything to this board... My bad?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boydo View Post
    Same...was so angry about the turnout of our game I didn't bother watching the other ones. Checked the scores to see who won but otherwise nothing.
    For all that it will get me, I sent an email to the league saying just that. I usually watch all the games but couldn't after that debacle and the league is testing my CFL fan first, Eskimo fan second philosophy.
    #PizStrong

vCash

For all that it will get me, I sent an email to the league saying just that. I usually watch all the games but couldn't after that debacle and the league is testing my CFL fan first, Eskimo fan second philosophy.
    I was pretty upset about the result, but didn't rewatch the game on TV and had a buddy with me that doesn't watch as closely so I missed some of the details. What were the really egregious issues in the game Friday. I understand the double major penalty call being an issue but what were some of the other really bad ones.
    Last edited by bone; 08-26-2019 at 04:25 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ben_the_eskimo View Post
    if you had you would have seen BC get screwed on a missed fumble and Montreal almost get screwed on a really weak RTP call....cause CFL
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    I was pretty upset about the result, but didn't rewatch the game on TV and had a buddy with me that doesn't watch as closely so I missed some of the details. What were the really egregious issues in the game Friday. I understand the double major penalty call being an issue but what were some of the other really bad ones.
    I think the frustration all stems from that final Bomber TD drive. Hunter got ragdolled by a Bomber olineman but somehow the refs didnít see it. Hunter got mad and went and took a stupid penalty. It still wouldíve been 3rd down though but then the command centre called a borderline helmet to helmet hit on Diggs to Streveler.

Then on the actual TD, Boateng was held, then illegally blocked from behind by one Bomber AND also tripped by another Bomber who stuck his leg out. Boateng easily gets to Streveler if not for all the fouls yet somehow the refs didnít call them and Streveler waltzes in for a TD.

How are sack leading front 7 never draws holding calls is baffling and irritating to say the least.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I think the frustration all stems from that final Bomber TD drive. Hunter got ragdolled by a Bomber olineman but somehow the refs didn’t see it. Hunter got mad and went and took a stupid penalty. It still would’ve been 3rd down though but then the command centre called a borderline helmet to helmet hit on Diggs to Streveler.

Then on the actual TD, Boateng was held, then illegally blocked from behind by one Bomber AND also tripped by another Bomber who stuck his leg out. Boateng easily gets to Streveler if not for all the fouls yet somehow the refs didn’t call them and Streveler waltzes in for a TD.

How are sack leading front 7 never draws holding calls is baffling and irritating to say the least.
    We still may not have won but the opportunity was taken away from us and that frustrated me.
    #PizStrong

vCash

We still may not have won but the opportunity was taken away from us and that frustrated me.
    Okay, so the frustration was moreso from that one series instead of a trend of bad calls all game. That helps. 35 penalty yards to 0 in the final three minutes definitely tilted the field.

vCash

I think the frustration all stems from that final Bomber TD drive. Hunter got ragdolled by a Bomber olineman but somehow the refs didnít see it. Hunter got mad and went and took a stupid penalty. It still wouldíve been 3rd down though but then the command centre called a borderline helmet to helmet hit on Diggs to Streveler.

Then on the actual TD, Boateng was held, then illegally blocked from behind by one Bomber AND also tripped by another Bomber who stuck his leg out. Boateng easily gets to Streveler if not for all the fouls yet somehow the refs didnít call them and Streveler waltzes in for a TD.

If Diggs was called for leading with the top of his helmet, rather than the helmet to helmet (which was at thigh level by the time they both dove), I don't have as much of an issue with that call - except that WPG defenders led with the top of their helmets twice early in the game; one on a pass that wasn't even completed, and neither were called.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bone View Post
    Okay, so the frustration was moreso from that one series instead of a trend of bad calls all game. That helps. 35 penalty yards to 0 in the final three minutes definitely tilted the field.
    yep this was the source of my frustration for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2 View Post
    If Diggs was called for leading with the top of his helmet, rather than the helmet to helmet (which was at thigh level by the time they both dove), I don't have as much of an issue with that call - except that WPG defenders led with the top of their helmets twice early in the game; one on a pass that wasn't even completed, and neither were called.
    I get that they are trying to protect the QBs but when Diggs started the tackle he was going low to take his legs out, Streveler dropped down and dove head first, there needs to be some accountability on the QB as well. Everyone talks about how tough Streveler is to bring down, Diggs was trying to chop out his legs IMO.

Also wondering why Streveler never got pulled from the game earlier when he clearly got up woozie.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 11:

Wpg 65, Ottawa 70, Calgary 70 (9 games), Tor 75 (9 games), Sask 81 (9 games), Montreal 81 (9 games), BC 88, Edmonton 102

Here is the differential in penalties for/against for each team (negative numbers meaning more penalties called against the team than the opposition):

Ottawa +16, Winnipeg +11, Montreal +8, Toronto +3, BC +2, Hamilton 0, Calgary -3, Sask -16, Edmonton -21.

Here are the number of games that each team had more penalties than their opponent:

Montreal 2, Winnipeg 3, Sask 4, Toronto 4, Hamilton 4, Ottawa 4, BC 5, Calgary 5, Edmonton 9. (There were 3 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)

The glaringly obvious thing that stands out is that Saskatchewan took 16 penalties to Ottawa's 4. If you are wondering the penalty count was 4 penalties against Saskatchewan and 2 against Ottawa when the score turned to 20-0 for the Riders.

vCash

Can we see the penalties drawn?
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Penalties drawn by team through week 11:

Sask 65 (9 games), Calgary 67 (9 games), Winnipeg 76, Toronto 78 (9 games), Edmonton 81, Ottawa 86, Hamilton 87, Montreal 89 (9 games), BC 90

vCash

yep this was the source of my frustration for sure

- - - Updated - - -

I get that they are trying to protect the QBs but when Diggs started the tackle he was going low to take his legs out, Streveler dropped down and dove head first, there needs to be some accountability on the QB as well. Everyone talks about how tough Streveler is to bring down, Diggs was trying to chop out his legs IMO.

Also wondering why Streveler never got pulled from the game earlier when he clearly got up woozie.
    On Gregor’s Show today, Bud Steen said calls like that should “be off the table”.
    Couldn’t agree more, that call should never have been made by the CC.
    As well, what started that whole melee was #68 Gray of the Bummers who manhandled Hunter & pushed him to the ground well after the play had ended. And of course no penalty to Gray. That could have stopped the bs that followed....

vCash

This is the point of the game where I lost my mind. Hunter pushed a ref - that gets penalized every time, doesn't matter what led up to it. The penalty on Diggs was weak, especially when you decide not to offset it when the Bombers are clearly involved in creating the scrum in the first place. But the next play where Boateng gets held and tripped, coming right down mainstreet, well behind the line of scrimmage, right in front of the f*&% ref. This wasn't a foul that was hidden in a scrum, I could see it clearly from row f%*&ing 70, how can you not see it right in front of your face!!!

You always hear the refs say that they don't want to decide games. The decisions made on those 2 plays decided the game. The Esks may not have won anyways, but those 2 calls ensured that the Esks would not have a chance.

BTW, if I was coach Maas, at this point I would be sitting the whole team down and tell them "look guys, we are going to get screwed by the refs, or command centre, or both, every game. Just accept it, it's going to happen. It's not right or fair, but its the way it is. Getting mad about it only gives them opportunity to screw us more. Our only response is to make sure that the games aren't close. We need to score every single chance we get to build a cushion big enough to withstand the inevitable. Field goals simply won't cut it. The ball needs to be in the endzone and you guys need to walk the line and keep your heads on straight, even if the other team is getting away with stuff.... because you won't. The sooner you guys accept that we're up against 2 teams out there, the sooner we'll start winning."
    Last edited by TeqEEla; 08-28-2019 at 08:16 AM.
    Is it game day yet?????

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TeqEEla View Post
    This is the point of the game where I lost my mind. Hunter pushed a ref - that gets penalized every time, doesn't matter what led up to it. The penalty on Diggs was weak, especially when you decide not to offset it when the Bombers are clearly involved in creating the scrum in the first place. But the next play where Boateng gets held and tripped, coming right down mainstreet, well behind the line of scrimmage, right in front of the f*&% ref. This wasn't a foul that was hidden in a scrum, I could see it clearly from row f%*&ing 70, how can you not see it right in front of your face!!!

You always hear the refs say that they don't want to decide games. The decisions made on those 2 plays decided the game. The Esks may not have won anyways, but those 2 calls ensured that the Esks would not have a chance.

BTW, if I was coach Maas, at this point I would be sitting the whole team down and tell them "look guys, we are going to get screwed by the refs, or command centre, or both, every game. Just accept it, it's going to happen. It's not right or fair, but its the way it is. Getting mad about it only gives them opportunity to screw us more. Our only response is to make sure that the games aren't close. We need to score every single chance we get to build a cushion big enough to withstand the inevitable. Field goals simply won't cut it. The ball needs to be in the endzone and you guys need to walk the line and keep your heads on straight, even if the other team is getting away with stuff.... because you won't. The sooner you guys accept that we're up against 2 teams out there, the sooner we'll start winning."
    That's why I keep watching, waiting for the Esks to beat both the other teams on the field.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    Can we see the penalties drawn?
    p
    WALTER IS MY HERO!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    The Esks front 7, which leads the league in roughing the passer penalties, sacks and is considered the best in the league, has now not drawn a holding flag in 5/8 games.

Nothing to see here.
    There was that BC game they were called an unprecedented number of times, I think 8 times, one was maybe legit.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

TSN turning point Labour Day, the mysterious two holds on the kick return TD.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 12:

Ottawa 70 (10 games), Wpg 75, Calgary 77 (10 games), Montreal 81 (9 games), Tor 82 (10 games), Sask 90 (10 games), BC 88 (10 games), Edmonton 110

Penalties drawn by team through week 12:

Sask 75 (10 games), Calgary 75 (10 games), Winnipeg 85, Toronto 85 (10 games), Ottawa 86 (10 games), Edmonton 88, Hamilton 94, Montreal 89 (9 games), BC 90 (10 games)

Ottawa +16, Winnipeg +10, Montreal +8, Toronto +3, BC +2, Hamilton 0, Calgary -2, Sask -15, Edmonton -22.

Montreal 2, Winnipeg 4, Sask 4, Toronto 4, Hamilton 4, Ottawa 4, BC 5, Calgary 5, Edmonton 10. (There were 4 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)
    Last edited by Esks1975; 09-02-2019 at 09:41 PM. Reason: adding penalties drawn