Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2 Penalties for 7 Yards

vCash

Re: 2 Penalties for 7 Yards

Quote Originally Posted by Esks1975 View Post
    I'm not suggesting it is the league intentionally conspiring to influence games via their officiating, I'm just saying it looks like it is happening somehow. Perhaps there is some kind of cultural problem but they do seem to be biased against Jason Maas.

CFL.ca has a breakdown of the penalties by group (offence, defence, special teams receiving and special teams kicking. To determine what were holding calls I went through the play-by-play for each game to find them.

I am going to repost what I posted in the Calgary game thread as it seems more appropriate here.:

It is interesting to note that the Eskimos offence had five holding calls against them in the game against the Stampeders. They were on plays: 18, 54, 56 (declined), 94 and 140 (declined). The Eskimos offence had 7 penalties against for 48 yards and the Stamps had 2 for 7 yards. The Stampeders offence had no holding penalties called against them. One of the Stampeders penalties was a play where two receivers were five yards offside and and I'm not sure ball was ever snapped.

How is it that a team with a defence that leads the league in sacks (26 at this point) plays against offensive lines like Calgary's, Toronto's and Montreal's that have never held one of those defensive linemen once in the last three games?

It seems pretty obvious that when Al Bradbury is in the backfield he is looking for holding calls against the Eskimos and roughing the passer against Calgary when they have the ball. He couldn't find any RTP's this game as the Eskimo defence was a perfect 0-0 in penalties. The problem is when the Eskimos have the ball he is not looking for RTP. The TSN broadcast did not indicate flags had been thrown on either of the RTP's that were called indicating that the call came from command centre. On play 149 there was obvious RTP that was again not called (Rule posted earlier in thread).

The Eskimo opposition has only had 4 offensive holding calls against all season. There was one called in each of the first four games and none against in the last three.
    The Eskimo offence has had 11 holding calls against them so far this season.

In no game this year has the opposition had more penalties or penalties yards against them than the Eskimos have had.

HOW CAN THAT BE? The Eskimos are being criticized because their wins have been against vastly inferior teams yet even in those games they get more penalties than these "inferior" teams.

The fact of the matter is the Eskimos significantly outplayed the Stampeders and the Bombers in the two road games. IMO Penalties that occurred but were not called cost them both those games. In the game they lost against the Als the three biggest plays they had were all called back on penalties.

Go back to the game against Saskatchewan last year where they lost a challenge that was blatant RTP and cost them a chance for a playoff appearance and you start to think this is systemic!
    Check the game stats. Penalties today: Eskimos 8 for 70 yards. Stampeders 7 for 85 yards

vCash

That's an old post.
    Out of my mind; back in five minutes.

vCash

I see that the CFL is screwing around with their website today. Hopefully they are still going to provide the information they had been providing.

They still don't have the historical information that was on the site before Porridge destroyed it.

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 13: (gp = games played)

Wpg 81 (12 gp), Ottawa 83 (11 gp), Calgary 85 (11 gp), Montreal 86 (10 gp), Tor 88 (11 gp), Ham 94 (11gp), BC 94 (11 gp), Sask 96 (11 gp), Edmonton 120 (12 gp)

Penalties drawn by team through week 13:

Sask 81, Calgary 85 , Winnipeg 91, Ottawa 92, Hamilton 94, Edmonton 96, Montreal 95, BC 95, Toronto 98

Here is the differential in penalties for/against for each team (negative numbers meaning more penalties called against the team than the opposition):

Winnipeg +10, Toronto +10, Ottawa +9, Montreal +9, BC 1, Hamilton 0, Calgary 0, Sask -15, Edmonton -24.

Here are the number of games that each team had more penalties than their opponent:

Montreal 2, Winnipeg 4, Sask 4, Toronto 4, Hamilton 4, Ottawa 5, Calgary 5, BC 6, Edmonton 11. (There were 5 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)
    Last edited by Esks1975; 09-21-2019 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Had BC at -1 instead of plus 1 in differential and 11 gp

vCash

How is Money Hunter's contact with a Stampeder worthy of a pass interference? Even Suitor said it was marginal at best. Wilson contacted Daniels early on the long pass that went incomplete. No call. Either they are both PI or neither one of them is. The string of crap like this has been going on all season long.

Considering that Saskatchewan got to -15 based on a -12 day against the Ottawa Redblacks (-10 after the game was already out of reach) and the bias by officiating (and TSN) against the Eskimos is overwhelmingly obvious. It is undeniable. The numbers above are about as black and white as it can get.

vCash

How is Money Hunter's contact with a Stampeder worthy of a pass interference? Even Suitor said it was marginal at best. Wilson contacted Daniels early on the long pass that went incomplete. No call. Either they are both PI or neither one of them is. The string of crap like this has been going on all season long.

Considering that Saskatchewan got to -15 based on a -12 day against the Ottawa Redblacks (-10 after the game was already out of reach) and the bias by officiating (and TSN) against the Eskimos is overwhelmingly obvious. It is undeniable. The numbers above are about as black and white as it can get.
    Maas no doubt should have challenged that play on Daniels & would have won it.
    On a different note, the Stumps were flagged three times for holding, although the 3rd one was declined as we had stopped them on 2nd down. When was the last time that their Oline was flagged for that many holds in a game?

vCash

I only see two holding calls on Calgary on play 60 and 97. I had to laugh at that last holding call. The ref threw the flag after the ball had hit the ground and the play was dead.
    Last edited by Esks1975; 09-15-2019 at 02:35 PM. Reason: play 60 not lay 60

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 14: (gp = games played)

Wpg 81 (12 gp), Tor 88 (11 gp), Ottawa 90 (12 gp), Calgary 91 (12 gp), Montreal 93 (11 gp), Ham 97 (12gp), BC 103 (12 gp), Sask 106 (12 gp), Edmonton 120 (12 gp)

Penalties drawn by team through week 14:

Sask 88, Calgary 88 , Winnipeg 91, Toronto 98, Edmonton 96, Hamilton 100, Ottawa 101, BC 102, Montreal 105

Here is the differential in penalties for/against for each team (negative numbers meaning more penalties called against the team than the opposition):

Montreal +12, Ottawa +11, Winnipeg +10, Toronto +10, Hamilton +3, BC -1, Calgary -3, Sask -18, Edmonton -24.

Here are the number of games that each team had more penalties than their opponent:

Montreal 2, Winnipeg 4, Toronto 4, Hamilton 4, Sask 5, Ottawa 5, Calgary 6, BC 7, Edmonton 11. (There were 5 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)
    Last edited by Esks1975; 09-21-2019 at 08:36 PM.

vCash

I’ve given up on this aspect for this year. Heaven knows the tv angle is better than my seats but I saw so many blatant Hamilton receiver offsides and defensive holding, plus illegal blocks and I have no idea how both challenges went the way they did. Apparently you can swing a forearm to a runner’s helmet now.

They didn’t call much either way, but it is ridiculously frustrating for us to play that “clean” and STILL the other team isn’t called for more than us. (5 penalties apiece according to cfl.ca, and nothing worse than an illegal contact IIRC).
    We must’ve not paid our league dues on time or something.
    Last edited by gizmo fan 2; 09-21-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    We're cheering Fight Fight Fight On Eskimos...

vCash

I think we won't get a fair shake in the penalty land as long as Maas is here.
    Last edited by Esks4ever; 09-21-2019 at 09:55 AM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2 View Post
    Iíve given up on this aspect for this year. Heaven knows the tv angle is better than my seats but I saw so many blatant Hamilton receiver offsides and defensive holding, plus illegal blocks and I have no idea how both challenges went the way they did. Apparently you can swing a forearm to a runnerís helmet now.

They didnít call much either way, but it is ridiculously frustrating for us to play that ďcleanĒ and STILL the other team isnít called for more than us. (5 penalties apiece according to cfl.ca, and nothing worse than an illegal contact IIRC).
    We mustíve not paid our league dues on time or something.
    The overturn of the Daniels catch was completely ridiculous. The league keeps spewing this BS that itís only to overturn obvious errors, but then on a play where Daniels catches the ball, takes 3 steps, falls on his back, and a half second later the ball is pulled out gets overturned.

But Detective Suitor says it was the correct call and he is an unbiased pro so who are we to question it?

vCash

I think it is pretty clear that 'command centre' has it in for Maas.

Gizmo fan 2, I think they called an RTP for the late hit Lawrence.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    The overturn of the Daniels catch was completely ridiculous. The league keeps spewing this BS that it’s only to overturn obvious errors, but then on a play where Daniels catches the ball, takes 3 steps, falls on his back, and a half second later the ball is pulled out gets overturned.

But Detective Suitor says it was the correct call and he is an unbiased pro so who are we to question it?

I don’t get it, we all see the replay in the stadium. My group saw it, we all said, oh good, he did catch it. We resume gabbing. We weren’t sitting on the edge of our seats hoping the command Centre would get it right. We were shocked when they reversed it.

Also on that play, the Eskimos were lined up and the play was whistled in. We were about to snap the ball fast when Hamilton changed up two players, which gave them the opportunity to throw the flag. I thought it was a 30 second limit to throw the flag.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo fan 2 View Post
    I’ve given up on this aspect for this year. Heaven knows the tv angle is better than my seats but I saw so many blatant Hamilton receiver offsides and defensive holding, plus illegal blocks and I have no idea how both challenges went the way they did. Apparently you can swing a forearm to a runner’s helmet now.

They didn’t call much either way, but it is ridiculously frustrating for us to play that “clean” and STILL the other team isn’t called for more than us. (5 penalties apiece according to cfl.ca, and nothing worse than an illegal contact IIRC).
    We must’ve not paid our league dues on time or something.

Agree, both reviews were definitely wrong. I almost walked out of the stadium when the first review on the hit on our QB was not called.

I get the blown plays and the reason the score was so lopsided. I wasn’t upset about the score.

I sort of get the officials not seeing the head shot, although I feel it was obvious. If I could see it from my seat in the stands, how did they miss it on the field? The most grievous and upsetting part was the video review got it wrong. It was obvious it was a 15 yarder.

My theory was that it should have been an automatic review from the command centre. They likely reviewed it already and made a ruling it wasn’t roughing. They were hoping Maas wouldn’t throw the flag.

Or the real reason is it is obvious Maas is a marked man by the CFL.

And Hamilton receivers jumping offside? In a few instances it was 2 or 3 at the same time. How were they missed? Yet they call invisible flinches on us.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is pretty clear that 'command centre' has it in for Maas.

Gizmo fan 2, I think they called an RTP for the late hit Lawrence.

It is clear. Both reviews in the game were clearly wrong.
    Placing the Alberta Flag on the Calgary Flames uniform is akin to putting lipstick on a Pig
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

I’ve just watched the replay on the 2nd and 5 from the Eskimo 40 prior to the game winning FG. We were ruled offside, no player was flagged. Proulx just said Edmonton.

The official on the east side of the stadium was the only official to throw a flag. He threw it about 5 seconds after the snap. He looked really unsure of himself.

No one jumped offside. We were 1 yard back. Sewell had the fastest burst, but it was after the snap. TSN didn’t show the replay, but the original view was straight down the line. That flag gave Hamilton a first down and they had another run after that. That gave them the game.

They have been kicking from the 48 if not for that call.
    Pizmo Loves Nanookster

vCash

Or the real reason is it is obvious Maas is a marked man by the CFL.

he's black listed from TSN no doubt in my mind - ever since their (pure garbage) live mic bull****.

vCash

“It shall be illegal to tackle around the head in the open field or use a straight arm tackle above the shoulders”

That is one of the listings under the rule book for unnecessary roughness penalties. How the hell was that upheld by review on the hit on Kilgore?

vCash

The overturn of the Daniels catch was completely ridiculous. The league keeps spewing this BS that itís only to overturn obvious errors, but then on a play where Daniels catches the ball, takes 3 steps, falls on his back, and a half second later the ball is pulled out gets overturned.

Totally screwed by the command centre on that call. When Daniels falls on his back he has the ball on his chest with his hands firmly on the ball. Down by contact. If they don't take away that completion we most likely get a TD instead of a field goal. 4 points lost which would have given us the win. I am convinced TSN has predetermined we finish in 4th place and they will make sure the appropriate calls are made to ensure that happens. Bush league!

vCash

On Killgore's fumble he was falling down a bit and got ear holed helmet to helmet and it wasn't even mentioned on the broadcast. Lawrence should have been ejected for RTP and should have had a second RTP the next play when he hit Killgore 2 seconds after the ball was gone.

To top off the **** sandwich there was a ridiculously blatant block in the back to spring Hamilton's late return right in front of the stripes who reaches for his flag and then doesn't throw it.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

anyone still think TSN doesn't have a massive pull on the CFL??

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 15: (gp = games played)

Wpg 85 (13 gp), Calgary 96 (13 gp), Ottawa 97 (13 gp), Tor 98 (12 gp), Ham 102 (13gp), Montreal 102 (12 gp), Sask 106 (12 gp), BC 109 (13 gp), Edmonton 125 (13 gp)

Penalties drawn by team through week 15:

Sask 88, Calgary 98 , Winnipeg 100, Toronto 103, Edmonton 101, Hamilton 105, Ottawa 107, BC 109, Montreal 109

Winnipeg +15, Ottawa +10, Montreal +7, Toronto +5, Hamilton +3, Calgary +2, BC 0, Sask -18, Edmonton -24.

Montreal 3, Winnipeg 4, Hamilton 4, Toronto 5, Sask 5, Ottawa 6, Calgary 6, BC 7, Edmonton 11. (There were 6 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)

vCash

The overturn of the Daniels catch was completely ridiculous. The league keeps spewing this BS that it’s only to overturn obvious errors, but then on a play where Daniels catches the ball, takes 3 steps, falls on his back, and a half second later the ball is pulled out gets overturned.

I actually disagree with you on this one, it was either a catch and a fumble or incomplete as the player making the tackle turned the ball in Daniels hands, before he hit the ground.
    #PizStrong

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 16: (gp = games played)

Wpg 94 (14 gp), Calgary 96 (13 gp), Ottawa 100 (14 gp), Tor 106 (13 gp), Ham 112 (14gp), Montreal 107 (13 gp), Sask 119 (13 gp), BC 118 (14 gp), Edmonton 133 (14 gp)

Penalties drawn by team through week 16:

Sask 96, Calgary 98 , Edmonton 104, Winnipeg 110, Hamilton 114, BC 114, Ottawa 115, Toronto 116, Montreal 118

Winnipeg +16, Ottawa +15, Montreal +11, Toronto +10, Hamilton +2, Calgary +2, BC -4, Sask -23, Edmonton -29.

Montreal 3, Winnipeg 4, Hamilton 5, Toronto 5, Sask 6, Ottawa 6, Calgary 6, BC 8, Edmonton 12. (There were 6 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 17: (gp = games played)

Wpg 100 (15 gp), Ottawa 100 (14 gp), Calgary 108 (14 gp), Tor 112 (14 gp),Montreal 113 (14 gp), Ham 116 (15gp), BC 123 (15 gp), Sask 128 (14 gp), Edmonton 143 (15 gp)

Sask 102, Calgary 104 , Edmonton 108, Ottawa 115, Winnipeg 119, BC 120, Toronto 121, Hamilton 124, Montreal 130

Winnipeg +19, Montreal +17, Ottawa +15, Toronto +9, Hamilton +8, BC -3, Calgary -4, Sask -26, Edmonton -35.

Montreal 3, Winnipeg 4, Hamilton 5, Toronto 6, Sask 7, Ottawa 6, Calgary 7, BC 8, Edmonton 13. (There were 6 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)
    Last edited by Esks1975; 10-08-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: correct WPG games played

vCash

Here are the penalties against by team after Week 18: (gp = games played)

Wpg 104 (16 gp), Ottawa 107 (15 gp), Calgary 114 (15 gp), Tor 121 (15 gp),Montreal 116 (15 gp), Ham 116 (15gp), BC 133 (16 gp), Sask 135 (15 gp), Edmonton 157 (16 gp)

Sask 108, Calgary 111 , Edmonton 118, Ottawa 124, Winnipeg 122, BC 134, Toronto 128, Hamilton 124, Montreal 134

Winnipeg +18, Montreal +18, Ottawa +17, Toronto +7, Hamilton +8, BC +1, Calgary -3, Sask -27, Edmonton -39.

Montreal 3, Winnipeg 5, Hamilton 5, Ottawa 6, Toronto 7,Calgary 7, Sask 8, BC 8, Edmonton 14. (There were 6 games with each team having equal amounts of penalties)

Biggest item for this week in Eskimo penalty land is the phantom PI that Duran Carter drew against Tyquwan Glass. The fact it was called in the first place has to leave a person wondering what the official was watching and worried about what that official does for a living and if it depends on him seeing things and if the public are at risk.

Do they ever say who is in the control centre making these decisions because they probably should. This seems like a personal vendetta against Jason Maas and I would say it is probably at least the third time this has happened.

With a bye week coming up this will give all the other teams a chance to catch up to the Eskimos in penalties against. Winnipeg only needs 53 to match.
    Last edited by Esks1975; 10-13-2019 at 12:40 AM.

vCash

So Kilgore and Daniels take shots to the head and no call. Tuck hits the guy shoulder then head and gets 15 for rough play? Is it any wonder e shudder at the zebras EVERY TIME OUT ON THE FIELD! Reviewed the game against Redblacks and A TON of holding against our dline that was never called................... I have lost any faith in CFL refs whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!
    undefined

The Moz'