Thread: 2019 NFL Thread

vCash

Sports 2019 NFL Thread

New season, new thread. Here's a couple stories with CFL connections

"No dress rehearsal, this is our life" - Gord Downie

vCash

Re: 2019 NFL Thread

Ravens offense gonna shock the world.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

In a good way?

vCash

I truthfully think the Ravens have a massive range (12-4 and 4-12 are both very possible), but the man who ran the Colin Kaepernick offense in 2012 is running Lamar Jackson's offense now. Very similar skill set. Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst is going to be a great TE combination. They added 3 guys who run sub 4.4's in Brown, Boykin and Hill. Ingram can be a bell cow. They're gonna be a lot of fun to watch and everyone is sleeping on Jackson.
    "This year, we did what we were supposed to do. We fought as a team. We fought as a team. And the fact is, we gotta go back and go to work, to make sure we finish this next time. That's all we gotta do. This right here makes us stronger. Let's understand who we are as a team. Let's understand this right here makes us stronger." - Ray Lewis, January, 2012.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PDO View Post
    I truthfully think the Ravens have a massive range (12-4 and 4-12 are both very possible), but the man who ran the Colin Kaepernick offense in 2012 is running Lamar Jackson's offense now. Very similar skill set. Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst is going to be a great TE combination. They added 3 guys who run sub 4.4's in Brown, Boykin and Hill. Ingram can be a bell cow. They're gonna be a lot of fun to watch and everyone is sleeping on Jackson.
    The only thing I'm sure about in that division is that the Bengals will finish last.
    "Of all the so-called virtues, the most over-rated is faith" - Christopher Hitchens

vCash

As a Redskins fan I have two words.....f*** Dallas no wait that's not it I was going to say no comment...sorry force of habit
    In Rod we trust

vCash

Duke Williams was targeted twice but had zero catches in his first preseason game for Buffalo. Someone on the radio the other day (I believe Buffalo sport media) said that Williams was in tough for a roster spot, saying his style of game is not a fit with the Bills offense - take that for whatever it is worth.

Bryant Mitchell and Brandon Zylstra get their first shots of the year Friday night. Hopefully they can have better results.
    Last edited by Hugoagogo; 08-08-2019 at 10:16 PM.

vCash

Well, one ex-CFLer made an impact last night

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Blog Entries

On the note of ticket prices...I just got tickets to a preseason game between the Titans and Patriots this weekend for $51 USD - taxes and fees included.

Absolutely ludicrous prices in Winnipeg.
    "Here comes the rush...Ray looking endzone, Fred. Stamps. TOUCHDOWN!" - Fred Stamps' TD with 8 seconds left against the Stampeders in 2009

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoagogo View Post
    Duke Williams was targeted twice but had zero catches in his first preseason game for Buffalo. Someone on the radio the other day (I believe Buffalo sport media) said that Williams was in tough for a roster spot, saying his style of game is not a fit with the Bills offense - take that for whatever it is worth.

Bryant Mitchell and Brandon Zylstra get their first shots of the year Friday night. Hopefully they can have better results.
    Sounds like Duke made an impression tonight. Don't know if it's enough, but have to think with the change to a single cut-down this year, he's going to get the full camp to change minds.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    Sounds like Duke made an impression tonight. Don't know if it's enough, but have to think with the change to a single cut-down this year, he's going to get the full camp to change minds.

Typical Duke. Good for him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsdoorstep View Post
    The only thing I'm sure about in that division is that the Bengals will finish last.
    And Rapistburger will somehow still cause drama.

Superbowl Champs 2013.

vCash

^I think the drama queens have left Pittsburgh to be honest with you...